Hitachi Data Systems

Hitachi Data Systems Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Hitachi Tuning Manager software maps, monitors, and analyzes storgage resources
Hitachi Tuning Manager (Former Employee), Waltham, MAAugust 7, 2014
End-to-end visibility of the software identifies, isolates, and diagnoses performance bottlenecks for storage applications such as Oracle; Microsoft Exchange, Sharepoint, and SQL Server; and IBM DB2.
good place to work
Product Planning & supply Assistant (Current Employee), Stoke PogesJune 13, 2014
Good and intelligent people nice environment to work
Learned new programs and skills
Very friendly management
Highly educated coworkers
No hard parts of the Job
Most enjoyable day at work Thursdays fun run
A good company
PMO/Programme Manager - Kaizen Programme (Current Employee), LondonMay 29, 2014
I enjoyed my time there. Good company. Renewals however were handled very poorly leaving a feeling that there was much left undone that you could have resolved.
Perfect Life Balance, but not much Job Security
Financial Analyst/Admin Assistant (Former Employee), Cookeville, TNApril 23, 2014
Pros: great benefits and work schedules
Cons: no one's job is safe
While I loved my time with Hitachi Data Systems (HDS), my entire team was laid off shortly after we were all assured there would be no lay offs.
Hitachi Data Systems - 100 Best Places to Work in Silicon Valley
Sr. Strategic Alliance Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: employees and the "family" atmosphere working within hds
Cons: internal operating systems we use don't necessarily give us data easily, work around = ad hoc reporting as a result
I have to boast that HDS is considered one of the best companies to work for in Silicon Valley! Sadly, I am looking to relocate to be closer to family.

My main functionality is more of an Inside Channel Operations Support Manager which helps develop and execute the strategic sales and marketing plans for key accounts. The key account sales and marketing – more... plans will support, and be derived from, the Business Plan outlined by the business initiatives set be the company. I am responsible for managing key areas of the business relationships with target accounts and will work closely with the various business departments in an effort to maintain and further develop the relationships with the key accounts. I manage multiple sales functions to achieve strategic sales targets while working closely with the Channel Sales organization, Finance, Legal, Marketing and Global Enablement to provide integrated programs that support the sales effort. I act as the central contact with assigned key accounts and acts as a liaison between the various HDS departments and the assigned accounts to ensure sales growth and operational efficiency. – less
Friendly and Challenging environment to learn new Hitachi Products and Integration with SAP Business Application
SAP Enterprise Architect for Hitachi Solutions (Former Employee), ChicagoFebruary 7, 2014

Developed integration products for Hitachi frame using Hitachi Replication products with team of high skilled professionals across the globe.

Provided a valuable opportunity to work with best across the world
Good co-workers
Customer Service (Former Employee), London, ENGJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: people at work
Cons: short term contract replacing someone
It was a short term contract and I had the chance to be there before starting to work in Spain.
The co-workers were great, very enthusiastic. The company was well organized and they had a good compensation plan.
Wonderful workplace
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CANovember 2, 2013
Pros: education
Great learning environment.
Many classes offered for personal and career growth.
Focused on cohesive, cooperative environment.
Good Learning experience and competitive environment
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), San Jose, CAOctober 12, 2013
I have learned to do my day to day work on my own without waiting for the instructions from my manager, hence I could enhance my hidden abilities to find my own way out.
The hardest part of the job was being competitive enough in highly qualified team members.
It is a great and fun.
Payroll Leader & Specialist (Current Employee), Santa Clara CASeptember 18, 2013
Pros: quarterly out going
Cons: hard to find one
Payroll is a great an fun place to work, I enjoy working with numbers and people. We have a great group in payroll department. We have a lot of deadline but together we are managing it. There is always something to learn at any payroll department (from payroll law to employee request). The most enjoyable part of the job is when I respond to employee – more... and make him/her happy. – less
Hitachi
Senior Solutions Consultant (Current Employee), Rochester, NYSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: good people and great products.
Cons: inability to staff some parts of the sales district.
HDS sells the most stable solutions in the industry. The sales teams and technical support staff are knowledgeable and helpful. HDS has built up the New England District over the last several years to be very successful and profitable. They are struggling to add additional resources to the WNY part of the district to add to that sucess.
Reasonable environment
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 22, 2013
Everything was good during my stay at HDS. A company you can enjoy while you are there.
Productive, fun place to work
Senior Architect, Information Security Program (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAJuly 17, 2013
Company looking to better itself continually. Worklife balance is a high priority.
Great and supportive environment
Lab Intern (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 17, 2013
Pros: bagel fridays, coffee, and free soda
Cons: construction nearby has cost me two tires. (nails)
I'm only an intern for the summer, but I would say that I enjoy what I'm doing in support of the GSS support engineers at the Sandbox lab in San Jose, CA. Great people and overall interesting environment.
Fun place to work at with ping pong table
Technical Marketing Analyst (Contract) (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAJune 30, 2013
A typical day at work would be very busy and challenging. I work a lot scheduling demos and creating reports.
Productive, great people to work with, good incentives
Specialist Buyer Assistant/Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAMay 7, 2013
Pros: special occassion free lunches, friendly people, nice facilities
Cons: commute, traffic
Other departments have great communication between other departments. It's a fun place to work with but you also get your work done.
Great Place to Work
Senior Recruiting Sourcer (Current Employee), Louisburg, NCMay 1, 2013
Pros: working remote
Cons: not interacting with your co-workers
I've enjoyed my time with HDS. Great people and a great vision.
Very friendly company iwth good people
Manager (Current Employee), USApril 9, 2013
Very weak vacation policy for professionals; limited growth opportunities unless you live near (or are willing to relocate to) a fairly small number of core metroplitan areas.
Very busy company and good benefits
Data Entry/Scheduler/Customer service (Current Employee), Norman OkApril 1, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: unstable work, no personal life
This company is a very very busy place to work. Very detailed oriented and constant focus on attention to detail. My day consist of reading around 300 emails a day and scheduling work loads for shipment. I also create software keys for storage systems. The hardest part of this job the hours. There are times when a lot of overtime is needed due to extensive – more... work loads. – less
basic 8-5 job
Mac Support Engineer (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAMarch 17, 2013
Pros: benefits (if you use them), gym
Cons: poor management
This is one of the companies where people can't wait to get to friday and have a day off.
management level is okay, though IT team was never asked to provide overall feedback to make the job better. Hence IT team has no motivation to work

About Hitachi Data Systems

Hitachi, which means "risen sun," is looking for a new dawn of profits from its galaxy of businesses. The company'sĀ Information – Read more