Hitachi Data Systems

Hitachi Data Systems Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent benefits for employees
Lead Technical Writer (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CANovember 12, 2014
Pros: near my home
Cons: highly bureaucratic
Inclusive, non-ageist management, generally benevolent company toward employees but not towards contractors.
good company to work at
Client Services Support Engineer /Contractor (Current Employee), Waltham, MAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: the people on my team where great
Cons: the new management not so good
the new management take over was not a good thing caused me to leave but my team \i worked with was top notch
Great Place to Work
Senior Cash Collection & Allocation Specialist (Current Employee), Krakow, PolandOctober 14, 2014
Shared Service Centre in Krakow provides Hitachi Data Systems with accounting services for all entities in Europe, Middle East, Africa and Unoited States. This is one of two accounting centres of HDS group in the world. It has been named Great Place to Work twice. You can meet very professional team, very cooperative and helpful team.
Design & architect DW solutions involving OBIEE & Informatica
ETL Specialist (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 9, 2014
Design & architect DW solutions involving OBIEE & Informatica
Great company, great product set but difficult to get things done, and to advance
Practice Director, Content Enablement (Current Employee), Waltham, MAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: strong product portfolio, sound go to market strategies
Cons: difficult to get things done internally, no pay increases for many years
The product set created by HDS over the years has actually outpaced giants like EMC and IBM in the pat 5 years. It is truly a winning company. The flaws that I am sensitive to are not in how we create products, or integrate them into our customer's infrastructures. The cultural elements within HDS that make is stable, and seem to provide a large cushion – more... (work-life-balance) for some, are the very ones that I feel keep HDS from progressing more quickly in the storage and cloud services market. Here are some bullets to describe working there:
1) In my role, a typical day does not exist. I provide thought leadership to sales and pre-sales teams in support of their sales efforts, and most of the work involves educating people about technology.
2) I have learned a great deal about content technologies, and how they will replace the standard way of storing data. Nothing else can keep up with the growth. I have also learned that IT organizations are no longer purchasing in the same CAPEX spending patterns as five years ago, and are truly going towards cloud strategies, despite the analysts's pessimism.
3) Management is great, responsive, but their hands are tied, as this is a Japanese company, and all big decisions are still made in Japan. This has been softening somewhat in the past 2-3 years, but it is not autonomous yet. For example, no one has had any kind of merit pay increase in over 6 years. This is not sustainable, and many top employees have left recently.
4) My coworkers, or colleagues are extremely talented and professional. It is truly an honor to work with them.
5) The hardest part of the job is really getting what I'd like to get done done, since there is a limit of hours in the day. Sales is not an exact science, so effort needs to be measured and balanced so that impact to the sale can be optimized. This is hard to do all the time, and on many occasions, investments in time and effort and capital are made that are lost when the sale does not go through. It's hard to lose when it costs to lose, but there is not other way to succeed.
6) Clearly the most rewarding part of the job are those times when I am able to execute of strategies that I created and executed as part of an efficient, cohesive team. – less
Good work life balance
Delivery Manager (Former Employee), MichiganSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: good work/life balance
Good company to work for. Great work/life balance and compensation.
Hitachi Tuning Manager software maps, monitors, and analyzes storgage resources
Hitachi Tuning Manager (Former Employee), Waltham, MAAugust 7, 2014
End-to-end visibility of the software identifies, isolates, and diagnoses performance bottlenecks for storage applications such as Oracle; Microsoft Exchange, Sharepoint, and SQL Server; and IBM DB2.
good place to work
Product Planning & supply Assistant (Current Employee), Stoke PogesJune 13, 2014
Good and intelligent people nice environment to work
Learned new programs and skills
Very friendly management
Highly educated coworkers
No hard parts of the Job
Most enjoyable day at work Thursdays fun run
A good company
PMO/Programme Manager - Kaizen Programme (Current Employee), LondonMay 29, 2014
I enjoyed my time there. Good company. Renewals however were handled very poorly leaving a feeling that there was much left undone that you could have resolved.
Perfect Life Balance, but not much Job Security
Financial Analyst/Admin Assistant (Former Employee), Cookeville, TNApril 23, 2014
Pros: great benefits and work schedules
Cons: no one's job is safe
While I loved my time with Hitachi Data Systems (HDS), my entire team was laid off shortly after we were all assured there would be no lay offs.
Hitachi Data Systems - 100 Best Places to Work in Silicon Valley
Sr. Strategic Alliance Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: employees and the "family" atmosphere working within hds
Cons: internal operating systems we use don't necessarily give us data easily, work around = ad hoc reporting as a result
I have to boast that HDS is considered one of the best companies to work for in Silicon Valley! Sadly, I am looking to relocate to be closer to family.

My main functionality is more of an Inside Channel Operations Support Manager which helps develop and execute the strategic sales and marketing plans for key accounts. The key account sales and marketing – more... plans will support, and be derived from, the Business Plan outlined by the business initiatives set be the company. I am responsible for managing key areas of the business relationships with target accounts and will work closely with the various business departments in an effort to maintain and further develop the relationships with the key accounts. I manage multiple sales functions to achieve strategic sales targets while working closely with the Channel Sales organization, Finance, Legal, Marketing and Global Enablement to provide integrated programs that support the sales effort. I act as the central contact with assigned key accounts and acts as a liaison between the various HDS departments and the assigned accounts to ensure sales growth and operational efficiency. – less
Friendly and Challenging environment to learn new Hitachi Products and Integration with SAP Business Application
SAP Enterprise Architect for Hitachi Solutions (Former Employee), ChicagoFebruary 7, 2014

Developed integration products for Hitachi frame using Hitachi Replication products with team of high skilled professionals across the globe.

Provided a valuable opportunity to work with best across the world
Good co-workers
Customer Service (Former Employee), London, ENGJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: people at work
Cons: short term contract replacing someone
It was a short term contract and I had the chance to be there before starting to work in Spain.
The co-workers were great, very enthusiastic. The company was well organized and they had a good compensation plan.
Wonderful workplace
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CANovember 2, 2013
Pros: education
Great learning environment.
Many classes offered for personal and career growth.
Focused on cohesive, cooperative environment.
Good Learning experience and competitive environment
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), San Jose, CAOctober 12, 2013
I have learned to do my day to day work on my own without waiting for the instructions from my manager, hence I could enhance my hidden abilities to find my own way out.
The hardest part of the job was being competitive enough in highly qualified team members.
It is a great and fun.
Payroll Leader & Specialist (Current Employee), Santa Clara CASeptember 18, 2013
Pros: quarterly out going
Cons: hard to find one
Payroll is a great an fun place to work, I enjoy working with numbers and people. We have a great group in payroll department. We have a lot of deadline but together we are managing it. There is always something to learn at any payroll department (from payroll law to employee request). The most enjoyable part of the job is when I respond to employee – more... and make him/her happy. – less
Hitachi
Senior Solutions Consultant (Current Employee), Rochester, NYSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: good people and great products.
Cons: inability to staff some parts of the sales district.
HDS sells the most stable solutions in the industry. The sales teams and technical support staff are knowledgeable and helpful. HDS has built up the New England District over the last several years to be very successful and profitable. They are struggling to add additional resources to the WNY part of the district to add to that sucess.
Reasonable environment
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 22, 2013
Everything was good during my stay at HDS. A company you can enjoy while you are there.
Productive, fun place to work
Senior Architect, Information Security Program (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAJuly 17, 2013
Company looking to better itself continually. Worklife balance is a high priority.
Great and supportive environment
Lab Intern (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 17, 2013
Pros: bagel fridays, coffee, and free soda
Cons: construction nearby has cost me two tires. (nails)
I'm only an intern for the summer, but I would say that I enjoy what I'm doing in support of the GSS support engineers at the Sandbox lab in San Jose, CA. Great people and overall interesting environment.

1 2 3

About Hitachi Data Systems

Hitachi, which means "risen sun," is looking for a new dawn of profits from its galaxy of businesses. The company'sĀ Information – Read more