Hitachi Data Systems

Hitachi Data Systems Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good company
Senior Engineering Manager / Product Owner (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAJanuary 17, 2015
Great company to work. Management is good. Company is trying to change their focus into other areas like social innovations. This is good sign that company it trying to step into other marketable areas and may move away from storage soon.
IT Architect (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAJanuary 14, 2015
I was responsible for defining and planning IT Architecture strategy of the enterprise, managing application and infrastructure technology stacks, preparing future state technology roadmaps and business cases for acquisition of new technologies. Develop and document the framework for integration, Provide in-depth technical consultation to clients and IT management to ensure development of efficient systems, obtain consensus from stakeholders, IT Operations, Business Liaisons, and IT Leadership. In this Role I have started Enterprise Architecture practice building a formal EA process. Improved the PMO practices and communication between teams in the matrix environment, which has led to increasing the number of simultaneous projects and average billable hours. Implemented and enforced Corporate Security and Risk management methodology encompassing technology and application platforms. Responsible for identifying and driving opportunities and revenue by developing relationships with the senior executives (CxO & VPs) and the architecture teams to understand their key business processes, initiatives, and competitive solutions.
Technical Sales Environment
Sales Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: financial package
Cons: marketing
Having a strong technical storage sales background is a must to be successful.
Technical Sales Specialistles teams
Technical Sales Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta GAJanuary 4, 2015
Excellent work environment. Worked with customers partners and sales teams for NAS, Content, and Cloud solutions. Devised sales strategies and deployment options.
Start of a great career
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee), Poway, CADecember 29, 2014
Pros: great people, great work environment, pay, benefits
Since starting at HDS I've been impressed by the amount and quality of training I am receiving. The resident experts have been incredibly helpful when I'm not sure about a new topic and have really gone the extra mile to be available. There seems to be lots of opportunity for growth and the company is still growing. Also one of the key factors that helped me decide that this was the place for me was the Tenure of a number of people in the company. More than a few people have put in 20-30 years in just this company. IF that doesn't tell you it's an amazing company to work for, I don't know what will.
Excellent benefits for employees
Lead Technical Writer (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CANovember 12, 2014
Pros: near my home
Cons: highly bureaucratic
Inclusive, non-ageist management, generally benevolent company toward employees but not towards contractors.
good company to work at
Client Services Support Engineer /Contractor (Current Employee), Waltham, MAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: the people on my team where great
Cons: the new management not so good
the new management take over was not a good thing caused me to leave but my team \i worked with was top notch
Great Place to Work
Senior Cash Collection & Allocation Specialist (Current Employee), Krakow, PolandOctober 14, 2014
Shared Service Centre in Krakow provides Hitachi Data Systems with accounting services for all entities in Europe, Middle East, Africa and Unoited States. This is one of two accounting centres of HDS group in the world. It has been named Great Place to Work twice. You can meet very professional team, very cooperative and helpful team.
Design & architect DW solutions involving OBIEE & Informatica
ETL Specialist (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 9, 2014
Design & architect DW solutions involving OBIEE & Informatica
Great company, great product set but difficult to get things done, and to advance
Practice Director, Content Enablement (Current Employee), Waltham, MAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: strong product portfolio, sound go to market strategies
Cons: difficult to get things done internally, no pay increases for many years
The product set created by HDS over the years has actually outpaced giants like EMC and IBM in the pat 5 years. It is truly a winning company. The flaws that I am sensitive to are not in how we create products, or integrate them into our customer's infrastructures. The cultural elements within HDS that make is stable, and seem to provide a large cushion (work-life-balance) for some, are the very ones that I feel keep HDS from progressing more quickly in the storage and cloud services market. Here are some bullets to describe working there:
1) In my role, a typical day does not exist. I provide thought leadership to sales and pre-sales teams in support of their sales efforts, and most of the work involves educating people about technology.
2) I have learned a great deal about content technologies, and how they will replace the standard way of storing data. Nothing else can keep up with the growth. I have also learned that IT organizations are no longer purchasing in the same CAPEX spending patterns as five years ago, and are truly going towards cloud strategies, despite the analysts's pessimism.
3) Management is great, responsive, but their hands are tied, as this is a Japanese company, and all big decisions are still made in Japan. This has been softening somewhat in the past 2-3 years, but it is not autonomous yet. For example, no one has had any kind of merit pay increase in over 6 years. This is not sustainable, and many top employees have left recently.
4) My coworkers, or colleagues are extremely talented and professional. It is truly an honor to work with them.
5) The – more... hardest part of the job is really getting what I'd like to get done done, since there is a limit of hours in the day. Sales is not an exact science, so effort needs to be measured and balanced so that impact to the sale can be optimized. This is hard to do all the time, and on many occasions, investments in time and effort and capital are made that are lost when the sale does not go through. It's hard to lose when it costs to lose, but there is not other way to succeed.
6) Clearly the most rewarding part of the job are those times when I am able to execute of strategies that I created and executed as part of an efficient, cohesive team. – less
Good work life balance
Delivery Manager (Former Employee), MichiganSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: good work/life balance
Good company to work for. Great work/life balance and compensation.
Hitachi Tuning Manager software maps, monitors, and analyzes storgage resources
Hitachi Tuning Manager (Former Employee), Waltham, MAAugust 7, 2014
End-to-end visibility of the software identifies, isolates, and diagnoses performance bottlenecks for storage applications such as Oracle; Microsoft Exchange, Sharepoint, and SQL Server; and IBM DB2.
good place to work
Product Planning & supply Assistant (Current Employee), Stoke PogesJune 13, 2014
Good and intelligent people nice environment to work
Learned new programs and skills
Very friendly management
Highly educated coworkers
No hard parts of the Job
Most enjoyable day at work Thursdays fun run
A good company
PMO/Programme Manager - Kaizen Programme (Current Employee), LondonMay 29, 2014
I enjoyed my time there. Good company. Renewals however were handled very poorly leaving a feeling that there was much left undone that you could have resolved.
Perfect Life Balance, but not much Job Security
Financial Analyst/Admin Assistant (Former Employee), Cookeville, TNApril 23, 2014
Pros: great benefits and work schedules
Cons: no one's job is safe
While I loved my time with Hitachi Data Systems (HDS), my entire team was laid off shortly after we were all assured there would be no lay offs.
Hitachi Data Systems - 100 Best Places to Work in Silicon Valley
Sr. Strategic Alliance Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: employees and the "family" atmosphere working within hds
Cons: internal operating systems we use don't necessarily give us data easily, work around = ad hoc reporting as a result
I have to boast that HDS is considered one of the best companies to work for in Silicon Valley! Sadly, I am looking to relocate to be closer to family.

My main functionality is more of an Inside Channel Operations Support Manager which helps develop and execute the strategic sales and marketing plans for key accounts. The key account sales and marketing plans will support, and be derived from, the Business Plan outlined by the business initiatives set be the company. I am responsible for managing key areas of the business relationships with target accounts and will work closely with the various business departments in an effort to maintain and further develop the relationships with the key accounts. I manage multiple sales functions to achieve strategic sales targets while working closely with the Channel Sales organization, Finance, Legal, Marketing and Global Enablement to provide integrated programs that support the sales effort. I act as the central contact with assigned key accounts and acts as a liaison between the various HDS departments and the assigned accounts to ensure sales growth and operational efficiency.
Friendly and Challenging environment to learn new Hitachi Products and Integration with SAP Business Application
SAP Enterprise Architect for Hitachi Solutions (Former Employee), ChicagoFebruary 7, 2014

Developed integration products for Hitachi frame using Hitachi Replication products with team of high skilled professionals across the globe.

Provided a valuable opportunity to work with best across the world
Good co-workers
Customer Service (Former Employee), London, ENGJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: people at work
Cons: short term contract replacing someone
It was a short term contract and I had the chance to be there before starting to work in Spain.
The co-workers were great, very enthusiastic. The company was well organized and they had a good compensation plan.
Wonderful workplace
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CANovember 2, 2013
Pros: education
Great learning environment.
Many classes offered for personal and career growth.
Focused on cohesive, cooperative environment.
Good Learning experience and competitive environment
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), San Jose, CAOctober 12, 2013
I have learned to do my day to day work on my own without waiting for the instructions from my manager, hence I could enhance my hidden abilities to find my own way out.
The hardest part of the job was being competitive enough in highly qualified team members.

1 2 3

About Hitachi Data Systems

Hitachi, which means "risen sun," is looking for a new dawn of profits from its galaxy of businesses. The company's Information – Read more