Hitachi Construction Machinery Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun working environment
Branch Receptionist / Secretary (Former Employee), Nelspruit, MPOctober 22, 2015
Pros: Caring company with lost of freedom for self motivated new ideas
Cons: No salary increases except your normal 7% per hear
I loved working for this company. Until this very day, I still regret leaving and if I ever get the chance to go back, I would.

This is a very organised company and also very family orientated. Everyone is always friendly and willing to "help another colleague out"

They love to do things together after work like have a "braai" on friday afternoons.
Old Stuck in its Ways Company
Manager, Dump Truck Training (Former Employee), Tokyo JapanMarch 11, 2016
Pros: Coworkers, opportunity to travel internationally if you enjoy that.
Cons: Too many to list
An old traditional Japanese company run by and for the Japanese. Do not expect to advance very far if you are not Japanese. Expect to be managed by Japanese that have zero experience in their assigned job task.
Productive and Interesting
assembly welder (Former Employee), Ibaraki JapanAugust 9, 2015
Pros: free energy drinks during summer season
My experienced while working at Hitachi Kenki or Hitachi Construction Machinery are all memorable to me because every day I go to my work place I know that there will be another skill that I will learn and my co-worker is very kind even if we're different in nationality they always talk funny things in order not to feel the stress inside the work place even our leaders will join our chitchat a little bit. I don't have any comment about the management of this company because I'm speechless it's too good or should i say almost perfect they are strict in terms of time management and how to manage the workers safety gear because the first word they always say before we start to work in the morning is safety first.The hardest part of this job is when the robot will go wrong and make a lot of error because i will do the welding instead of the robot and it will become a big problem to the company because all the product will be stranded and will not deliver at the expected time.The most enjoyable part when we have a program or festival inside our company because many people will go inside and look for our product and I'm happy to see that many people will be amaze to our product.
Productive workplace
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee), Boksburg South AfricaFebruary 13, 2016
Pros: None
Cons: None
Doing Quotation on machine for rebuild , order parts and start rebuild, troubleshoot and test machine for error codes.
Hardest part to correct a problem on the equipment without an error code.
Most enjoyable part is getting the problem solved
Largest construction equipment supplier
Technical Trainer (Former Employee), SydneyOctober 1, 2013
Pros: great company to work for
The best company I have worked for, lots of training and skill advancement with John Deere University and Hitachi Training centre in Japan

Overseas travel and different work locations

Good personal development training

After a number of years I was working away 40 weeks a year at different mining and construction sights and overseas locations such as New Zealand some 10 trips

Most of the mining training was based on 12 hour day- seven day week, - salary no overtime, I decided that I wanted to work in Sydney as I have 6 grand kids and I wanted to spend more time with them while they were young.
EH4500 is a great machine to work on
MTU/Detroit Diesel Engine Technician (Current Employee), Lumwana, ZambiaMay 18, 2012
Pros: free training
Cons: 12 long hours in the scorching sun
A day at work always starts with a safety talk, a Discussion of last shifts jos, job requirement for the day, job deligation and lastly personal concerns.

Each passing day exposses me to new ways of perfoming a task routine jobs during PM Services and ways to prevent or reduce running breakdowns.

I feel i have the best manager because of the many things i have learnt from him at both technical and management levels. Even when a need has not been mate by my company I still feel motivated enough after each meeting at the start of shift to get work done the best way possible.

We try always to put personal matters aside and get work done. My closest Friends are among my very co-workers.

The hardest part of the job is to get it done amid unfavorable surrounding conditions such as too much dust during an Engine powerpack change-out.Too much dust is never good for such a job.

I enjoy to see and hear the MTU/Detroit Diesel series 4000 Engine finally run without the rectified problem after a breakdown
I was the only American in Mining Engineering
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: good management
Cons: john deere shut us down because we were out perforiming them
I spent days weighting for parts when I was on the road. With mining customers this is not acceptable. To fix this problem, they took me form mining engineering to running the parts warehouse. Here I added a second and third shifts. The result was that every order left within 1 day, including stock orders. The result was a greatly reduced number of emergency orders. I also found a trucking company who could deliver any order in less than 3 days.
Fist job of my career
Design Engineer,Heavy and Mini Sized Excavators (Former Employee), India,JapanSeptember 28, 2013
Learned a lot about physical application of engineering concepts,learned how a company works,management skils etc,a good learning phase of my career
Positive
Crane Technical Engineer (Former Employee), DubaiMarch 16, 2014
What I learned:
1- Developing various methods of communications & saving my
company’s time.
2- Improving & enhancing my skills & abilities.
3- Demonstrate positive & proactive attitude all the time.
construction mashinary
FINANCIAL AND ACCOUNT MANAGER FOR EGYPT (Former Employee), EgyptMarch 27, 2012
Handled the financial operations for Cairo branch, Office expenses & Bookkeeping