Our client is creating a new Fibre division and this is the chance for the right individual to get in on the ground floor and be a part of creating, managing and overseeing this new division across Canada. This person will manage the development, design and construction of all national Fibre projects, customer installations, define budget and cost guidelines for build projects as well as internal budget support requirements, negotiate client relationships and establish and maintain relationships with vendors, contractors as well as internal stakeholders and employees to ensure success. Responsible for for building and maintaining a national team, ensuring the integration of Fibre processes and systems internally in the company as well as externally with the municipalities, utilities and property owners.
This opportunity is ideal for an experienced and strategic thinker and well as play a key role in the execution of the strategy
Qualifications and Skills:
- University Degree in Engineering or CFET (Certified Fibre Engineering Technician) and equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience in wire line telecommunications and fibre optics deployment including the design and installation of premises, aerial, underground and buried fibre application disciplines.
- Detailed knowledge of engineering models, integration models and network
- Proven successful leadership of numerous large scale projects or departments.
- Fundamental knowledge of electrical principles including grounding, D/C power plant and UPS.
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.