Hino Motors Canada Ltd., located in Woodstock, Ontario, is an automotive light and medium duty truck assembly facility and is the exclusive distributor of Hino products in Canada. As part of the Toyota Group of Companies, Hino is recognized as a supplier of high quality vehicles along with outstanding service, parts and warranty.
Reporting directly to the Quality Control Manager, the Quality Control Engineering will support the objectives of the Quality department, in particular, resolving all parts and vehicles related quality/defect issues.
- Identify defects and determine root cause (supplier or assembly process)
- Complete Quality Problem Reports (QRP) for parts that do not meet specification requirements.
- Communicate with suppliers to solve defective parts issues
- Update/Create work instruction sheets on how to inspect the parts and parts drawings
- Audit suppliers processes (i.e. how defects are fixed, frequency, etc.)
- Manage the set up of new suppliers and change of suppliers
- Review quality defects on the assembly line
- Tabulate daily defect numbers and communicate to all Team Members on a daily basis
- Update programs and software utilized for inspecting the vehicles
- Review safety critical items, and work with assembly on updating the assembly check sheet (torque check sheet)
- Determine root cause of field issues and suggest resolution
- Train Team Members on new processes every model change and ensure process gets done on time
- Complete Shipping Quality Problem Report (SQPR) when necessary; assign a Team Member to do a yard purge; report findings to HMM; issue defect notification to assembly and QC; prepare permanent countermeasure.
- Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering degree or diploma for a recognized post secondary educational institute is required
- Minimum of two to three years in the automotive quality field in an Engineering Coordinator position or equivalent, working in a manufacturing setting
- Quality Assurance Certificate and/or Professional Engineer Certificate is an asset
- Proficient with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Good understanding and knowledge of diesel
- Good project management skills
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Demonstrates experience in analysis and planning with ability to analyze and anticipate situations, define problems and objectives, recognize alternatives and formulate solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingualism is an asset, but not required (English and Japanese)
Interested candidates, please forward a copy of your cover letter and resume to the email address provided.
We thank all applicants in advance, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 17 months ago