Hines Industrial Site Services Group is now accepting applications for the role of EH&S Advisor.
The Environmental Health and Safety Advisor is responsible for ensuring that all safety legislation is adhered to and policies and practices are adopted. The Health and Safety Advisor will help to plan, implement, monitor and review all HISSG Health and Safety policies and literature, and work to minimize operational losses, occupational health problems, accidents and injuries.
This posting will be at a remote camp site. Residing in camp, the employee will work a 14/7 schedule. Flights are provided to either Edmonton or Calgary.
The tasks that the EH&S Advisor will perform include but are not limited to:
- Provides information to workers regarding their emergency response responsibilities.
- Coordinates workers’ compensation insurance reporting requirements.
- Administers incident-reporting systems.
- Assists in facilitating / conducting incident investigations.
- Conducts periodic EH&S audits / assessments.
- Conducts ongoing contractor compliance evaluations.
- Conducts ongoing environmental compliance monitoring.
- Acts as resource person for applicable EH&S legislation.
- Advises Senior Management on EH&S issues.
- Reviews and approves all nominated contractor EH&S representatives.
- Coordinates project orientations to acquaint employees with project conditions, safe
work practices, and procedures.
- Trains and advises personnel on EH&S regulations, responsibilities and assessments.
- Identifies high-risk areas, develops, and implements controls to decrease or eliminate
- Supports implementation of all required environmental procedures.
- Monitors compliance to regulatory, project, and client requirements and initiates
- Ensures all project EH&S Plan requirements are adhered to including those identified
for the client’s EH&S personnel.
- Prepares and issues bi-weekly EH&S performance report.
- Coordinates contractor EH&S activities.
- Conducts evaluation of contractor pre-qualification documents and determines
- Monitors sub-contractors compliance with applicable EH&S requirements.
- Interfaces with Construction Management, Line Supervision, Contractors,
EH&S personnel, and other project stakeholders on EH&S.
- Administers project EH&S record-keeping system
- Leads by active positive example.
- Ensures the development of a work scope / contract specific EH&S plan prior to
mobilization to site.
- Ensures development of a Contract EH&S Plan for the project.
- Ensures the contractor has an approved environmental management plan included in
the Contract EH&S Plan.
- Conducts review of contractor site specific EH&S plan.
- Make note of and communicate the need for equipment repairs
- Develops and implements training, environmental, security, emergency response, and occupational health service execution plans.
- Provide Safety Orientation to all new hires
- Ensures training and knowledge of company and client values and beliefs
- Ensures review and compliance with safety program
- Responsible for regular daily safety audits of personnel, FLHA’s, training and competence
- Develops and updates EH&S Plan ensuring compliance with industry standards
- Develops EH&S plans and JHA’s for current and potential work sites
- Provides support to management
- Conducts regular workplace inspections
- Works with management building safety culture, process, and audit of system.
- Responsible to review and update EH&S manual as needed, to ensure compliance.
- Responsible to implement EH&S standards and monitors performance
- Suggests/recommends improvements commend/ corrects performance as required
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
Required: High school diploma or equivalent
Required: NCSO Certification
Required: CSTS certification, OSSA certification
Required: Valid Class five (5) drivers license with clean abstract
Required: 3 years Health and Safety or related experience
Please reply to this advertisement and attach your resume. Please apply for this job only in the manner specified by the employer. Failure to do so may result in your application not being properly considered for the position.