Hinduja Global Solutions Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

not sure what to put here
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON20 January 2018
The company has instituted programs to try to ensure it's manager's try to appreciate their employees. it seems rather forced in some ways. The actual work is dreary but the people there are generally friendly and opportunities to make a career their are pretty good.
Pros
events, company discounts
Cons
variable hours
Stressful place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON20 January 2018
they keep giving you more you have to do, with no more time for the metrics. they also do not give you all the knowledge you need to do for the job, if you need help then you have to have the customer on hold for 10 minutes just to get help then you yell at you for breaking the hold allowance.
Pros
enjoyable times
Cons
fast pasted and hectic
Nice workplace and supportive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON18 January 2018
On a typical day the workplace is good. Very good place to work and learn about customer service . Management team is a great help to be around and which builds up into a nice workplace culture.
Be careful of introductory promises
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Work at Home18 January 2018
The Impression:
Focus on great customer service
great benefits package
ability to earn a commission in addition to salary
family oriented company
ability to choose your own work schedule

The reality:
Customer service with a strong push to upsell to every customer
very expensive mandatory benefits package
Nearly impossible to achieve commision plan
No regard for commitments or family responsibilities
little choice of shifts and all split shifts with late hours and often less than 2 days off..
unpaid bathroom breaks
very minimal support system
30 January 2018

Hi, thank you for sharing your very valuable feedback. We want to learn more about your concerns to improve the HGS experience for all our employees. Please provide further details by connecting with us @ talk2us@teamhgs.com.

Keep it at the bottom of your job lists
Customer Relation Associate (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS12 January 2018
I would say its the right place for anyone who never experienced nightmare. At all cost avoid this, no work life balance and their systems are worst then 3rd world country.
Pros
Cooworkes are good
Cons
Everything else is worse
can be stressful and long hours
Customer Relations Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON8 December 2017
training provided, and support is limited when on the floor taking phone calls, and can be stressful dealing with unhappy customers.
very cold, they dont turn on the heat.
Pros
free lunches, and free air miles
Cons
long hours, stressful
16 January 2018

Hi, thank you for your review. Glad to hear that you have had a pleasant experience with HGS. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Was a disapointment Work@Home
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Work at Home6 December 2017
Positives
Everyone is incredibly friendly and nice
If you need help, they will help you and provide support that way
Working from home saves money on gas and time (however you do work an extra hour)

Cons
When you are being recruited you MAY be told things that are not necessarily true. example: how your hours are assigned, hours, payment for criminal record check, benefit cost...

Technology issues (its difficult to learn in training when there are many people in the class having errors of different sorts)

Paying for the phone line yourself, as well as office equipment (excluding the computer of course, that is supplied)
Pros
Friendly trainers and coworkers
Cons
8.5 hours a day (paid 8), Paying for your own phone line, Tech issues, benefit costs, pay
12 December 2017

Hi, thank you for sharing your experience at HGS. We're happy to hear that you had a pleasant experience with HGS! However, we're concerned by your feedback. We'd like to know more, please get in touch with us @ talk2us@teamhgs.com.

Dont
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON20 November 2017
Don't really want to talk blah blah blah something something something. I don't work there anymore. Moved out of town. I don't miss working there.
this warkd place is ok to work for awhile, there is some fun but it is not family friendly
Customer Relations Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 November 2017
Typical day: you come 10 min before your shift starts log in to your workrspace, and launch all the other apps. You MUST start at exact time, then call by call, 2 15 min breaks and 30 min lunch better to take at the time its is schedule otherwise it can effect your score card;

Learned: improved customer service experience,
Management: some TLs are super, some are jerks, there is lack of communication between higher management team like HR-Site manager-floor manager that makes work environment stressful;
Workplace culture: needs improvement, a lot of people never say hi or hello even if yesterday they talked to you or helped you which makes work-environment unpleasant place to be; technically you need to make one or two friends to fill comfortable to sit with and have fun between calls ( if there is such a thing).
Hardest part of the job: is the system that crashes constantly, it could be 3-5 times a day and when you are on the call.
Most enjoyable: some calls are super, and new friends: its a great job for singles or no kids people or students while looking for a dream job or doing schooling, may be retires.
Pros
paycheck and benefits
Cons
shifts and unhealthy free snacks (chocolate bars and pizza)
3 December 2017

Hi, thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you had supportive co-workers when you worked with HGS. At the same time, we would like to learn more about your feedback. Please provide us further details @ talk2us@teamhgs.com, helping us to improve.

good start if you are broke
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON27 October 2017
Minimum pay and less chances of any professional progress.
Healthy job environment. People like help each other.
Very rare chances of any pay increments.
Pros
good start if you are broke
Cons
minimum pay and less chances of any professional progress.
3 December 2017

Hi, thank you for sharing your very valuable feedback. We want to learn more about your experience to improve the HGS experience for all our employees. Please provide further details by connecting with us @ talk2us@teamhgs.com.

always there to assist you
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON26 October 2017
fun days ex, pajama days, fun games on holidays
choice of overtime
great training class, makes sure they cover everything, and are always there for extra help
awesome work environment, friendly co-workers
3 December 2017

Hi, great to see your feedback :) Happy to hear that you had a great experience with us! We wish you all the best!

Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Philippines24 October 2017
Actually this is my first job and first bpo company as well. But im looking for a well compensated work for my kids. I have 3 kids and my salary here is really not enough. Hope i could find it here.
18 January 2018

Hi, thank you for your review.We appreciate your employment at HGS. As a company, we continuously strive to better our employee services. Feel free to share your more details with us via Talk2us@teamhgs.com

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 October 2017
Shifts are inconsistent and start times vary between the days of the week. Other than that it's a wonderful place to work, with good co workers and an excellent staff committed to your progress.
3 December 2017

Hi, thank you for sharing your very valuable feedback. Rotational shifts are unavoidable in our business as we schedule to meet our customer demand. We do wish you success in all your future endeavors!

Workplace break room really made a difference in working the shifts
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON3 September 2017
Great, understanding management at HGS Canada North Bay. Really Personable, and professional. Would recommend to anyone looking for full time work that is technically inclined and good personable skills.
Pros
Employee appreciation weeks, great management
Cons
Sitting all day, Customer Service
4 December 2017

Hi, thank you for choosing HGS! We are happy that you are enjoying your work in HGS. We always aim to ensure our employees have a great experience and we wish you all the best in your continuing career.

Fun and easy workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 August 2017
Productive and fun workplace with flexible hours and friendly and helpful employees. Easy job once you get used to it, and is not very stressful. Easy access to overtime hours.
Pros
Flexible hours and great benefits
Cons
low wages
4 December 2017

Hi, thank you for sharing your experience at HGS. We're so pleased to see that you are enjoying working with us! If you have any further feedback please connect with us @ talk2us@teamhgs.com.

Not worth your time
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON4 August 2017
You go in and immediately log into your system, having someone yelling at you within the first 30seconds you step foot into the building. You are promised a higher pay than you receive, as the wage decreased back down to minimum wage (11.60). Days drag on and its honestly not worth your time to have customers scream at you and tell you to kill yourself all day. HR says accommodations are made regularly for employees, but rarely are they ever actually put through.
Pros
Cons
Absolutely everything else

Worst company
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS23 July 2017
Don't even waste your time. Unless its for the training period only. Worst most ridiculous company. Ridiculous impossible rules that change almost daily.
I can't say enough bad things. Just you've been warned
Pros
Cons
All of it

Good Environment
Customer Loyalty & Customer Services (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 July 2017
Friendly working staff and team manager, helpful and good training sections

Flexible scheduling, request overtime anytime and regular hourly shift

good office structure
4 December 2017

Not a great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON26 June 2017
I worked for this company for over a year. Its not the easiest job in the world; with customers yelling at you all day, no windows or fresh air in the building.. but they try to make it fun by giving out prizes and whatnot.

My experience with HGS was not bad at first. I was actually excelling in my position and being routinely complemented on my performance and even used as an example to help train new employees. I had a fantastic customer service rating, I was never late for work, I always tried my best to go above and beyond.

I felt secure in my position and was able to live comfortably supporting my family .....until they fired me. I was so blindsided... I've heard similar stories from past employees.

I truly believe this company keeps people around just long enough to work without being able to advance in position or pay
Pros
reliable hours
Cons
They view employees as expendable
16 January 2018

Hi, thanks for your feedback. At HGS, we believe strongly in effective training and good work-life balance. I'm very sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience. Please email me at talk2us@teamhgs.com so that I can understand your concern better.

a desired work place but less understanding on disabled people
CUSTOMER SERVICE RELATIONS (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON8 June 2017
with my 6 months i worked with HGS in those 6 months not once did a manager or HR representative inquire into the disabilities and difficulties i had during training or understand from my point of view as to the issues in regards to socializing with others at work. in turn due to certain issues that arised due to these lack of understandings i was in their terms 'walked' i came in 2 hours before each shift to help out coworkers and to get all my prep finished before shift. i had hard time understanding policies and procedures. but all in all i did love this job even with its faults and lack of inquiries
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
no understanding in the difficulty of the mentally disabled
16 January 2018

Hi, thank you for your valuable feedback. We are concerned about your feedback and we want to learn more and make things better for our employees. We request you email us at talk2us@teamhgs.com.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hinduja Global Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Hinduja Global Solutions Reviews by Location