Hinduja Global Solutions Employee Reviews

Not the best place to work.
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON2 February 2018
I enjoyed the people around me, but the work itself is repetitive and difficult to keep to the strict guidelines set out by the clients. The customers like to yell at you for things you aren't able to control, and then you get in trouble by your supervisors or quality analysts for not satisfying the customers demands. Overall, it's a stressful and fast paced environment.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Long hours, difficult customers, poor scheduling
Great people, stressful place.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON25 January 2018
This place is a great place to work. The people there are great and understanding. You can talk to anyone there about work, life, or anything. They will be a part of the team that this place provides. If you're looking for work with good amount of hours then this is the place to be. The downside is that if you're limited to hours for whatever reason it can be hard to accommodate the time. The other issue is that it can be a stressful job, just like any customer service. If you are not cut out for that, this is not the job for you.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Scheduling can be hectic
not sure what to put here
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON20 January 2018
The company has instituted programs to try to ensure it's manager's try to appreciate their employees. it seems rather forced in some ways. The actual work is dreary but the people there are generally friendly and opportunities to make a career their are pretty good.
Pros
events, company discounts
Cons
variable hours
Stressful place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON20 January 2018
they keep giving you more you have to do, with no more time for the metrics. they also do not give you all the knowledge you need to do for the job, if you need help then you have to have the customer on hold for 10 minutes just to get help then you yell at you for breaking the hold allowance.
Pros
enjoyable times
Cons
fast pasted and hectic
Nice workplace and supportive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON18 January 2018
On a typical day the workplace is good. Very good place to work and learn about customer service . Management team is a great help to be around and which builds up into a nice workplace culture.
Be careful of introductory promises
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Work at Home18 January 2018
The Impression:
Focus on great customer service
great benefits package
ability to earn a commission in addition to salary
family oriented company
ability to choose your own work schedule

The reality:
Customer service with a strong push to upsell to every customer
very expensive mandatory benefits package
Nearly impossible to achieve commision plan
No regard for commitments or family responsibilities
little choice of shifts and all split shifts with late hours and often less than 2 days off..
unpaid bathroom breaks
very minimal support system
30 January 2018

Hi, thank you for sharing your very valuable feedback. We want to learn more about your concerns to improve the HGS experience for all our employees. Please provide further details by connecting with us @ talk2us@teamhgs.com.

Keep it at the bottom of your job lists
Customer Relation Associate (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS12 January 2018
I would say its the right place for anyone who never experienced nightmare. At all cost avoid this, no work life balance and their systems are worst then 3rd world country.
Pros
Cooworkes are good
Cons
Everything else is worse
Job security and leadership roles available
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kentville, NS15 December 2017
They are a good company to work for but a lot of night shift . Need to be very flexible to maintained employment. Great benifets life insurance ECT . Shift voting done by seniority .
Pros
Very scocial and lots of treating and fun for employees
Cons
Night shift .
16 January 2018

We appreciate your employment with HGS and we're glad that you enjoyed working with us! We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

can be stressful and long hours
Customer Relations Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON8 December 2017
training provided, and support is limited when on the floor taking phone calls, and can be stressful dealing with unhappy customers.
very cold, they dont turn on the heat.
Pros
free lunches, and free air miles
Cons
long hours, stressful
16 January 2018

Hi, thank you for your review. Glad to hear that you have had a pleasant experience with HGS. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Was a disapointment Work@Home
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Work at Home6 December 2017
Positives
Everyone is incredibly friendly and nice
If you need help, they will help you and provide support that way
Working from home saves money on gas and time (however you do work an extra hour)

Cons
When you are being recruited you MAY be told things that are not necessarily true. example: how your hours are assigned, hours, payment for criminal record check, benefit cost...

Technology issues (its difficult to learn in training when there are many people in the class having errors of different sorts)

Paying for the phone line yourself, as well as office equipment (excluding the computer of course, that is supplied)
Pros
Friendly trainers and coworkers
Cons
8.5 hours a day (paid 8), Paying for your own phone line, Tech issues, benefit costs, pay
12 December 2017

Hi, thank you for sharing your experience at HGS. We're happy to hear that you had a pleasant experience with HGS! However, we're concerned by your feedback. We'd like to know more, please get in touch with us @ talk2us@teamhgs.com.

Terrible Work Place but amazing Co-workers
MSD (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 November 2017
Start of the day taking calls, A none stop flow of them boom you want to take a bathroom break you will not be paid for that! You take 2 minutes to write notes in the account total harassment. You want to know an answer to some thing that you don't know because the training barely teaches you anything, oh wait not even the manager know so you are Sol there. Want to get lied to on every consern you have? HGS is there for you!
My Co-worker where great and where the only reason I stayed 6 months longer then I should of.
Pros
The people around you, aside from magament
Cons
Hard getting vacation, never get the hours you are promised, alot of lying, miss managed, you are just another person to them.
16 January 2018

We appreciate your employment with HGS and would like to hear more regarding the concerns you have expressed. Please email me at talk2us@teamhgs.com

Dont
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON20 November 2017
Don't really want to talk blah blah blah something something something. I don't work there anymore. Moved out of town. I don't miss working there.
this warkd place is ok to work for awhile, there is some fun but it is not family friendly
Customer Relations Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 November 2017
Typical day: you come 10 min before your shift starts log in to your workrspace, and launch all the other apps. You MUST start at exact time, then call by call, 2 15 min breaks and 30 min lunch better to take at the time its is schedule otherwise it can effect your score card;

Learned: improved customer service experience,
Management: some TLs are super, some are jerks, there is lack of communication between higher management team like HR-Site manager-floor manager that makes work environment stressful;
Workplace culture: needs improvement, a lot of people never say hi or hello even if yesterday they talked to you or helped you which makes work-environment unpleasant place to be; technically you need to make one or two friends to fill comfortable to sit with and have fun between calls ( if there is such a thing).
Hardest part of the job: is the system that crashes constantly, it could be 3-5 times a day and when you are on the call.
Most enjoyable: some calls are super, and new friends: its a great job for singles or no kids people or students while looking for a dream job or doing schooling, may be retires.
Pros
paycheck and benefits
Cons
shifts and unhealthy free snacks (chocolate bars and pizza)
3 December 2017

Hi, thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you had supportive co-workers when you worked with HGS. At the same time, we would like to learn more about your feedback. Please provide us further details @ talk2us@teamhgs.com, helping us to improve.

Productive and fun workplace to eploy in with food
Fido Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON8 November 2017
Hgs was an amazing place to work all around, the staff was well trained and very nice and polite
The trainers were very well educated and the info was easily well to obtain for a new coming to the call center workforce
The fundraisers were well worse the negative customers
Pros
Environmental fundraiser events were amazingly fun while till maintaining work ethic
Cons
had to leave
3 December 2017

Hi, great to see your feedback :) We are glad that you enjoyed learning and growing with HGS. We wish you all the best in your upcoming career opportunities waiting for you in HGS.

good start if you are broke
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON27 October 2017
Minimum pay and less chances of any professional progress.
Healthy job environment. People like help each other.
Very rare chances of any pay increments.
Pros
good start if you are broke
Cons
minimum pay and less chances of any professional progress.
3 December 2017

Hi, thank you for sharing your very valuable feedback. We want to learn more about your experience to improve the HGS experience for all our employees. Please provide further details by connecting with us @ talk2us@teamhgs.com.

always there to assist you
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON26 October 2017
fun days ex, pajama days, fun games on holidays
choice of overtime
great training class, makes sure they cover everything, and are always there for extra help
awesome work environment, friendly co-workers
3 December 2017

Hi, great to see your feedback :) Happy to hear that you had a great experience with us! We wish you all the best!

Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Philippines24 October 2017
Actually this is my first job and first bpo company as well. But im looking for a well compensated work for my kids. I have 3 kids and my salary here is really not enough. Hope i could find it here.
18 January 2018

Hi, thank you for your review.We appreciate your employment at HGS. As a company, we continuously strive to better our employee services. Feel free to share your more details with us via Talk2us@teamhgs.com

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 October 2017
Shifts are inconsistent and start times vary between the days of the week. Other than that it's a wonderful place to work, with good co workers and an excellent staff committed to your progress.
3 December 2017

Hi, thank you for sharing your very valuable feedback. Rotational shifts are unavoidable in our business as we schedule to meet our customer demand. We do wish you success in all your future endeavors!

Great staff, fair wages
Rogers Consolidated Loyalty (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON2 October 2017
The staff is very supportive and team oriented. Training and support continues on the production floor. There are many opportunities for additional commissions and bonuses
4 December 2017

Hi, thank you for taking your time to share your experience at HGS, and we're pleased to see that you enjoying working with us! We aim to provide equal learning and growth opportunities for all our employees. Wishing you a great future with HGS.

not the best place to work just a good environement
Inbound Bilingual Call Centre Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 September 2017
i was not very haooy working their after a while they just didnt care about us being sick or just not wanting to be yelled at by our cx made the job very hard and they did not acomodate the emotional part of the job at all
4 December 2017

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hinduja Global Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.