Hinduja Global Solutions Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
robot
Work as a member in team based setting (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON7 September 2017
you will hate it but its a job anyone can get and has the benefit of benefits. stick to it and better shifts are available. it has appeal depending on your job preference and work desire
Workplace break room really made a difference in working the shifts
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON3 September 2017
Great, understanding management at HGS Canada North Bay. Really Personable, and professional. Would recommend to anyone looking for full time work that is technically inclined and good personable skills.
Pros
Employee appreciation weeks, great management
Cons
Sitting all day, Customer Service
A great family type work environment
Customer Care Represenative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON14 August 2017
When i worked here i felt like i was not just part of a team but part of a family. I loved everything about this job, if it weren't for personal reasons i would have stayed for a very long time. I learned most of my communication skills from working at HGS. A normal day at work was usually busy, but you always show up to work smiling because the coworkers are so amazing! I found the hardest part f the job to be the angry customers, but the best part was definitely just being with everyone around me and helping our appreciative customers.
Fun and easy workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 August 2017
Productive and fun workplace with flexible hours and friendly and helpful employees. Easy job once you get used to it, and is not very stressful. Easy access to overtime hours.
Pros
Flexible hours and great benefits
Cons
low wages
Not worth your time
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON4 August 2017
You go in and immediately log into your system, having someone yelling at you within the first 30seconds you step foot into the building. You are promised a higher pay than you receive, as the wage decreased back down to minimum wage (11.60). Days drag on and its honestly not worth your time to have customers scream at you and tell you to kill yourself all day. HR says accommodations are made regularly for employees, but rarely are they ever actually put through.
Pros
Cons
Absolutely everything else
Worst company
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS23 July 2017
Don't even waste your time. Unless its for the training period only. Worst most ridiculous company. Ridiculous impossible rules that change almost daily.
I can't say enough bad things. Just you've been warned
Pros
Cons
All of it
a good start
agent (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON13 July 2017
HGS is the place to start out to get experience. While the management tries to do their best, some feel like they've been left behind or ignored. However, for a first time job it'll give you patience and the ability to understand that "say it with a smile" truly works.
Good Environment
Customer Loyalty & Customer Services (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 July 2017
Friendly working staff and team manager, helpful and good training sections

Flexible scheduling, request overtime anytime and regular hourly shift

good office structure
Not a great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON26 June 2017
I worked for this company for over a year. Its not the easiest job in the world; with customers yelling at you all day, no windows or fresh air in the building.. but they try to make it fun by giving out prizes and whatnot.

My experience with HGS was not bad at first. I was actually excelling in my position and being routinely complemented on my performance and even used as an example to help train new employees. I had a fantastic customer service rating, I was never late for work, I always tried my best to go above and beyond.

I felt secure in my position and was able to live comfortably supporting my family .....until they fired me. I was so blindsided... I've heard similar stories from past employees.

I truly believe this company keeps people around just long enough to work without being able to advance in position or pay
Pros
reliable hours
Cons
They view employees as expendable
a desired work place but less understanding on disabled people
CUSTOMER SERVICE RELATIONS (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON8 June 2017
with my 6 months i worked with HGS in those 6 months not once did a manager or HR representative inquire into the disabilities and difficulties i had during training or understand from my point of view as to the issues in regards to socializing with others at work. in turn due to certain issues that arised due to these lack of understandings i was in their terms 'walked' i came in 2 hours before each shift to help out coworkers and to get all my prep finished before shift. i had hard time understanding policies and procedures. but all in all i did love this job even with its faults and lack of inquiries
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
no understanding in the difficulty of the mentally disabled
productive and fun
Call Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 June 2017
It was fun training and learning how to operate there system. the hardest part of the job was understand how to get to the different screens required. it was easy to the aspect of sitting and learning. Management was very good and understanding.
Drains the life out of you
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON26 May 2017
I would not recommend working at this establishment unless it's for a short period of time. It is not worth the stress levels to work there as a career or even as a permanent full time employment unless you're really in need of the money.
Fun workplace environment
Technical Relations Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 May 2017
Management were very knowledgeable, always available to answer any questions. The training was energetic and very team player oriented. It was great.
The workplace culture was very relaxed and fun.
fun place to work and great things to win
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON16 May 2017
working at HGS is fun and lots of hours to get. You win items for getting second lines like scratch cards or gift cards, they also have days where the bosses bring in food for us to have.
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON9 May 2017
HGS was a great place to work, the supervisors and trainers were awesome and very helpful. I learned a lot about call taking and sales during my time there.
Hgs
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS7 May 2017
Poor management
Nobody available when exiting training for additional support.
Answer Phone calls
Assist with phone bills
environment during winter was too cold inside.
Great place to make connections
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON23 April 2017
HGS is a typical call center. Every call center is different from others. Management was hit and miss. Some managers were great while others lacked the management they needed. Big push on sales with the contract I was on. The contract I was on is no longer at HGS. I did gain a lot of customer service experience while here but do not wish to work here ever again. The most enjoyable part of the job was making friends since there can be down time on certain times of the year when not as many calls come in.
Pros
Great place place to make connections
Cons
Wage was not worth the amount of work
Mostly Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kentville, NS22 April 2017
A day at HGS looks a lot like this. Swipe into the call centre and find your seat (complain that your chair is possibly broken and find a new one) and take a few minutes to set up your work station. Most co workers seem to be very friendly so maybe have a little chat before work. Once you start taking calls you generally know if the day is going to be good or bad, if there is a major outage prepare for some abusive customers and a long day, if everything is working reasonably well be prepared for a rather nice casual day of easy work(you might also develop a fear of Toronto). At some point during the day you will likely have a short break from calls to talk to your team lead or partake in a small meeting with co workers to talk about changing policies and performance expectations. Then you get to go home. sometimes if there are not many calls coming in they will just let you go home early.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Rapidly changing policies, Abusive customers
Desperate times call for desperate measures
Business Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 April 2017
Working at HGS for almost 2 years has taught me a few things, What they tell you in training compared to on floor is totally different, systems are so outdated, systems crashed on me all the time even though I arrived half an hour early, things literally change overnight and now you are forced to try to learn about something while you are on the phone with a customer because they do not give you time to learn about new products until a month+ after release, the scheduling for students is reasonable, but almost impossible to have once you get it because they either never apply it or somehow mess it up and last, but not least; their management and personnel finding is also impossible. Hgs is good for the paycheck because of the hours and rate of pay also the benefits you get after 3 and 6 months, due to a high turnover rate they are constantly hiring and will try to make room for new employees when there is hardly any room.
Pros
Free cake every month, commission, benefits
Cons
Long hours, awful management, lack of consistency, lack of training on new products and services
Very Challenging Job!
Agent (Current Employee) –  Ontario22 April 2017
It may look easy, but this job really drags you down. Very high level of expectations. Required to reach 90% quality scores, high NPS (customer satisfaction) scores. Also 95% attendance and schedule compliance requirement to reach full pay out of $12 per hour.

If you can reach these scores, and handle customers unleashing their anger and frustration on you on a daily basis, then this job is for you!.

Also you must be able to adjust to changes on the fly. Everyday there are new rules and procedures implemented.

Hours will be cut on a regularly basis, and you can request to leave if available, leaving your fellow agents to fend off non stop calls.
Pros
Full time hours, benifits, and wonderful co-workers.
Cons
Angry customers, defective equipment, and high expectations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hinduja Global Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Hinduja Global Solutions Reviews by Location