Hilton Employee Reviews

n/a
Food & Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2014
Lead and developed the skills/ knowledge of subordinate staff/ individuals by
training them in teams of 5 - 20 people.
 Was Responsible for food related budget, forecast and cost control
 Established enhanced levels of product and services by creating sales promotions
and exclusive training to the employees.
 Developed and delivered customized programs for a wide range of clients.
 Was responsible to report directly to the Executive chef and the GM
Pros
learning lore about customer service
Cons
friendly environment, great people to work with
Reservations Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 October 2014
I enjoyed the people I worked with. It was a friendly and fun atmosphere and I actually enjoyed going into work each morning. I felt the leadership team was great as well.
My favorite parts included the ability to work independently
It’s great to work with people that care about their company and doing a good job. It’s hard to find that environment today because so many people just don’t care about honesty, hard work & integrity
Pros
lunch card & group activities
Cons
can't think of any
housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  hayward ca29 September 2014
Clean rooms and bathrooms with prescribed equipment and to the required standard replace supply and toiletries I offer a strong cleaning and maintenance skills in order to maximize effort good time management skills courteous with clients , residents and staff sound ability to perform physically demanding chores willing to stretch existing working hours to accommodate work.
Great Experience as a Employee for Security
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON15 September 2014
Going to work at the Hilton as a Security Guard is basically like home, you get to know your co-workers like their your family because you work with them everyday and have each others back everyday also cause were such a small team and we are all easy to get along with.
Security at the Hilton has bin such a good experience because we basically deal with everything that an police officer has to do on a regular bases like reports on personal injuries, missing property and also hotel disturbance like evictions/fights/intoxicated guest.
Working at the Hilton which is such a high diversity of culture that I've got to learn so many religions and guest cultures where some place work places you wouldn't get to learn about the world.
Pros
people you get to work with
Cons
no lunch breaks but get deducted lunch off pay
friendly good work enviroment with friendly staff
Guest service agent (Former Employee) –  edmonton8 September 2014
friendly staff, great bennifits, nut little room for advancement.
Pros
zzzzz
Cons
zzzzzzz
working in marketing and sales.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto,5 September 2014
convert the cutomer.
i learned work hardly.
to manage our planning.
to help out.
convert on customer on other product.
after convert the cutomer.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hour
REVIEW
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga30 July 2014
- accounts receivable - day to day operations
- talk to the suppliers to resolve any issues
-pay on a timely manner
- participate in weekly meeting with the team
- organize events and take participate in the trainning sessions
Pros
Excellent exposure
Cons
salary is not enough
Multicultural and neat workplace
Health Care Creative Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 July 2014
The coworkers were very helpful, kind and insightful. They knew the routines and especially the residents. It was a good environment. I gained the opportunity to learn more about communications with parents and elders. I also learned a few medical concepts in regards to some of the residents. I would say that the hardest part of the job was trying not to be too repetitive with the residents - the activities planned - so that they get fresh experiences; fortunately, since Hilton has many exceptional employees, it was an obstacle that was constantly passed. I would say that the co workers and the residents were the most enjoyable parts. Especially the seasonal events.
Fun workplace
Dishwasher and Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 July 2014
Typical day started with checking to see if my refill bin had everything I needed to stock my cart Take bin up to the floor i was working on and put everything on my cart then i went over my room list. Clean 4-5 rooms before breaks and lunch, replenish cart at break.and lunch time. at end of my shift I would make a list of everything I needed to stock my cart for the next day. once back downstairs I would go over my list and put what's needed in refill bin and be done for the day. my co-workers were always there if needed help.
tourist city
Laundry attendant (Current Employee) –  Hilton, ENG19 July 2014
just a bad environment in general.
poor management.
The management constantly disregarded health and safety procedures and broke the union contract.

the managers were counter productive in the work environment.
Good work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls. ON10 July 2014
A great place where every employee is respected and will help to increase the motivation.
Hilton Hotel
HOTEL SERVER, HES Banquet Staff (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 June 2014
- Banquet Server, Server people the food and Drinks
- Clean up after the events
Fun place to work
Front Desk Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON11 June 2014
A typical day at work for a morning shift would be coming in, printing off reports, setting up guest packages for all of the day's check-ins, ordering newspapers, maintaining a clean working space, calling other local hotels for their availabilities for the day, helping guests with their check-outs, and receiving phone calls and emails to set up/cancel reservations.

For an evening shift a typical work day would be helping guests with check-ins, printing off reports, helping guests with any questions they have, receiving phone calls and emails to set up/cancel reservations, and maintaining a clean working space.
Work with honesty
Housekeeping Person (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 June 2014
Working with sincerely, Honesty & hard working -
doing well in job -
getting inspired to work -
helping co-workers -
Fast paced work environment with a wonderful team
Catering Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC27 May 2014
I had the opportunity to work with many kind hard working people from all around the world at the Hilton. It is an experience I will never forget. I also met many wonderful people through my interactions with clients and corporations, some of which I am still in touch with to this day. It was a demanding position, but was always rewarding in the end when an event was completed successfully with happy clients and attendees all around. I will always remember my time at the Hilton and the many people who made the experience so great.
great staff
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON22 April 2014
learned a lot from working many different restaurants/bars in the hotel. Was able to learn a lot of different types of service, and perfected many different cocktails. Hardest part of the job would have to be getting through the slow times. Most enjoyable was the interaction with the hotel guest.
Pros
happy hotel guests
Cons
late nights
Check-in/check-out hotel guests courteously and efficiently
Assistant Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Egypt16 April 2014
Process all guest check-ins.
Assist Reservations in reservation calls during high traffic hours.
Confirm reservation in system and review all noted information.
For guests without a reservation, sell a room type agreed upon.
Register guest in the computer.
Verify reservation information with the guest (departure date, room type).
Obtain back-up information for guest credit/payment method and input into system; collect cash when designated.
Hard work at a hard place
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC9 April 2014
In the hotel business, there isn't really a typical day at work. I found that the Housekeeping department suffered in their ability to work together as a team. In my opinion, I feel that many decisions were made in fear of a union that has enabled lazy workers. The management has partially changed, and will continue to change as replacements are made. Some co-workers were hard-working individuals, while others often slacked off. I found the hardest part of the job to be the major culture in housekeeping, it's uncomfortable to have others around you speaking in punjabi when you don't understand the language. The most enjoyable part of the job, was the work itself and the pride you feel when leaving your clean room.
Pros
Lunches (deducted from pay), Benefits, Decent wage
Cons
English not often spoken by co-workers/supervisors, Overworked, Unionized
New manager fired me true he feared I could take his job.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Mont-Tremblant, QC31 March 2014
Hilton hires a hotel managent company. It became apparent that they where renting rooms to resort staff off the books under the table. They brought in a new manager who lied about having trouble with cettain employees to get rid of them because they're more capable than the boss. They also leave one person alone all night, when its impossible to leave the front desk unattended considering guest information confidentiality.
Pros
Great company, OnQ.
Cons
No references.
Good work environment
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 March 2014
my co-workers are nice and help me when I need it. the most enjoyable part of my day is when i get to make muffins and i have learned that in a kitchen you have to have very fast hand movements.
Pros
learning new skills