Hilton Employee Reviews

Great Environment to work in
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON15 August 2015
I really enjoyed working for this hotel. The work environment and the people who I worked with were absolutely awesome. I learned how to Operate the OnQ P.M.S. and I completed the Hilton University for the Guest Service Agent. All the managers were very understanding and tentative to all of the staff and guest needs.
Coordinatrice d'appel (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC30 July 2015
The people are friendly and the work is done well in group. Clean environment. Transport accessible. The salary is interesting.
Cons
I was oblige to work sometimes late at night
Love the brand
Operations (Current Employee) –  Mississauga28 July 2015
Great place to work with amazing co workers., all have the drive to achieve superior customer service.

Wish was more recognition of successes and rewards for accomplishments not necessarily monetary.

Not able to wow all guests at all times, might be better if had more support from ownership.
Pros
Meeting new and returning guests
Cons
ownership support
i loved working for nss
3rdhand crew nss (Former Employee) –  nss23 July 2015
i love the place it is nice inside i loved working for nss but i need a change i was opnly making 5$ a day i have done alot of work for nss and the nigra parks i hope to hear from you soon
Pros
good food
Cons

Comment – 18 November 2015

This employer is not NSS or Niagara Parks, I believe you have rated the wrong employer.

Creative and Busy team
Food & Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond1 July 2015
Oversee all aspects of food and beverage, including operations, training and development. Responsible for inventory and labour control projecting sales and quarterly budget. Oversee and inspire chef, outlet managers, supervisors and hourly staff to adhere to systems and standards and perfect Guest experience. Communicated and worked with sales representatives from Sysco, Brewers, Molson, Peller Estates, Red truck, Open Table, Trip Advisor, Travel Zoo, Dine out Vancouver and Tourism Richmond.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Long Hours
great enjoyable
Valet/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON28 June 2015
enjoyable place to work with a great team. The hours are consistent for the summer months and the managers are willing to work with you.
Productive and Classy workplace
Busser (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, Ontario28 June 2015
A typical day a work was a standard day, an early morning set up before customers arrived making sure we had everything we needed to be prepared for the day. I learned in order to get certain things done efficiently you need to pick up the pace but at the same time stay focused and organized on the task at hand. In my point of view management was run perfectly, they controlled power but at the same time it was enjoyable working for them. My co-workers all work hard and efficiently but were also great people making work easy to go to. The hardest part of my job was waking up early in the morning being ready to go for a shift, but the most enjoyable part of the job was working and helping other people throughout the day, which helped me feel accomplished by the end of my shift.
Great Work Environment
Night Auditor - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON25 June 2015
Business culture is very achievement oriented marked by a lot of mutual respect and teamwork. The environment enforces you to grow and develop problem solving skills.
great
Head chef/Banquet supervisior (Current Employee) –  niagara on the lake11 June 2015
great place to work good training job security is great upper regional management is great good people good training cant complian every places needs imporovemnt pahy could be alot better
Was an enjoyable place to work.
HOTEL OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON14 April 2015
The responsibility for all incoming and inter hotel calls were routed through the switchboard, so this position was the voice of the hotel. As the evening shift operator, not only were there incoming calls, but also the guest calls for room amenities, room service and other guest suites that required notifying correct department of request and follow up with the guest to ensure satisfaction. I really enjoyed to interaction with the guests and other employees. The most difficult part of the position was making sure that other departments followed through with requests in a timely manner.
Pros
Got free meal during shift.
Cons
Ever changing management in the front office.
In hotel i used enjoy by playing table tennis.
Guest Service Agent - (www.hilton.com) (Current Employee) –  Hilton Chennai5 April 2015
Typical day: My day will start by taking all the handovers once i entered in to the department. i am responsible to manage all guest incoming call including room service order and about all guest loan item.
Things i learned in Hilton Chennai :
• Assisted in directing front office operations. (Front desk, Magic, Concierge.)
• Up selling of rooms and other revenue generating areas at the Front desk to supplement revenue.
• Update reservation, Registration Card & C-form.
• Handle all incoming, outgoing calls & Fax.
• Update Arrival & Departure sheet and register.
• Handover Wake-up calls to the next shift.
• Responsible for front office inventory.
• Handle emergency calls immediately and relay comprehensive and accurate information, as required.
• Maintain and update FCS message & report.
• Ensure all guest incidents are recorded in the database.
• Check all daily reports and monitor all arrival, departure and VIP movements in the hotel to ensure every guest has a pleasant stay from pre-arrival to departure
• Ensure that all guest queries and incidents are responded to promptly and to the satisfaction of the guest.
• Co-ordinate between F&B (service), F&B (production), Housekeeping & Engineering department.
• Responsible for training of new associates.
• Responsible for high level of guest satisfaction because of the impact it has on the service index and the ultimate effect on the overall guest satisfaction and guest’s intent to return.
• Overlooking the Concierge, bell desk, In-Room dining, daily operation.
• Business Center and shopping arcade.
• Operational
  more... service standards and service quality at all levels within the department. Documentation of operational procedures into manual.
About my co-workers: My co-workers are so friendly and help me in each and every work.

Till now i didn't find any hardest part to do the job but some time guest will create some problem regarding food order.

I love each and every part of my work. actually i love my work.
privately own hilton
Outlet Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 March 2015
great training and learning experience yet no room for advancement, too much politics.
perks are the hotel deals around the world
It was quit interesting to work here because of the popularity of the chain.
Commis (Former Employee) –  Qatar15 March 2015
It was not very much busy all the days but weekends was quiet busy,
Learned about the market availability ,new dishes ,new ready made products and brands ,many new dishes. Hygiene and cost control.
Pros
Free meals every day, free accommodation, free transport.
Operations Manager
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 March 2015
Successfully lead 4 areas of the hotel including front desk, housekeeping, maintenance and food and beverage. Included in job responsibilities was :
Schedule Building
Checking Front desk standards
Hilton Garden Inn Review
COOK (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 March 2015
I have been able to work all around a hotel and know almost everything there is to know about Hospitality. I feel that I need to perfect my craft else where in order to excel myself and be at a more steady ground in order to complete such goals in my life.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Stressful environment
If you can work independently, you can.
Night Auditor/Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON5 February 2015
Great place to work. Co-workers are awesome, and it's different every day. The customers are interesting,
You are expected to work well both in a team setting and at times on your own. And as long as you can handle that, they show you appreciation for your effort.
Pros
Management treats you well.
Cons
Long time spent on your feet.
Great Environment
Room Attendant / Busser (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON26 January 2015
Working at the Hilton in their restaurant called The Watermark was really quite fun.

I was able to interact with guests and loved working in the fast paced environment.
I was able to learn about different cultural people here and this is where I learned how to work well as a team player. I obtained skills in how to set up tables for high class maintenance as well as how to manage my time in order to get things done quickly and efficiently.

The hardest part about this job for me was learning that sometimes following the instructions of the manager opposed to the other servers was actually less productive. This was a test that my manager actually put me through in order to create understanding that I was there to help the servers throughout my shift.

I do really like the restaurant environment. I really enjoy working in a fast paced environment and as a team player.

I do not have much to say about being a room attendant. It is not something I enjoyed doing.
Pros
free food
Cons
not enough hours
Franchise limiting compared to Corporate Operations
Operations Manager/Director (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2015
Working with Hilton Worldwide was an amazing experience. Such amazing and talented professionals. Working with a franchise owner is much different and quite limiting in your freedom to provide change and growth.
...
Guest Service Specialist / Reservations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2015
Hilton Seattle • Seattle, WA • 1/14/2005 - 10/20/2009 Revenue Management / Reservations / Concierge / Guest Services
■ Concierge for a well reputable institution in the downtown core, taking responsibility of a large number of guest requests and vacation planning
■ Maintained full knowledge of all various restaurants, transportation options, nightclubs, live theater, cinema, shopping centers, religious worship institutions, tourist attractions etc. based on desired key attributes.
■ Worked as backup to banquet department with duties including set up and break down of room setup, serving, and administrative tasks.
Complete fun loving atmosphere
Human resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 December 2014
it is agreat company to work with. will be honoured. very friendly work environment and helpful co-workers. makes me feel like home and alive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval