Hilton Employee Reviews

Worst workplace ever
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON30 January 2016
By far the worst job I have ever had and the worst workplace I've ever been in. The managers are corrupt and lazy, coworkers are hostile, and they break laws to work you to the bone while stepping on you as a person.
A great Place to work
Asst Manager Front (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON16 January 2016
A great place to work. Very supportive management and staff. Very busy place.Lot of opportunity to grow with in the company. Competitive salary and benefits.
good environment
night Auditor (Current Employee) –  500 niagara on the lake13 January 2016
a good company to start with. They provide clean and quiet environment to work. It good for entry level. They have to proviede more working opportunities
You can acheive anything if you are willing to learn
Line Staff (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON12 January 2016
Great company for advancing and learning with each position. Family atmosphere, willing to work with you and provide you the necessary skills for moving ahead in your career.
Pros
Benefits, free parking
Very Good
Night Auditor/Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 December 2015
Great management, great team, addicting work system. as my first job in Canada, I have learned a lot of different things. I have improved my skills in so many ways. Hilton is like my other home.
great place to work if you can work independently
house person (Former Employee) –  London,ON7 December 2015
Day starts with pulling out work carts, stocking with chemicals, all stock and linens. Start cleaning all public areas, usually bathrooms first. Lobby, dining room, hallways, elevators. Ph levels are checked every hour for the spa, every two hours for the pool. Afternoons, room cleaning. Hard work, but very fun, just doing your own thing, listening to the radio, singing, while you do your work.
Productive yet straineous
Front Office Agent/Guest Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rosehall, Montego Bay3 December 2015
Conversing with guests from various countries make work very interesting and exciting. However, it can be very difficult among fellow workers.
Pros
Free Lunchess
Cons
Low Salary though hard work
Fun work place with supportive management.
Food & Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 December 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
This was the best Hotel that l worked for and it was my first job in Canada. I wish l could get back in
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON2 December 2015
When l worked as a room attendant l knew that weekends and summer were the busiest and really demanding that sometimes l had to go in on my off days when short staffed. My floor was one of the cleanest because each time when l cleaned my rooms l would view my rooms from the guests' expectations. I myself would want my booked room to be really clean and well done.
The management were really good and always had time to help you out if you needed some days off or were having a problem on your floor.
Somtimes you will get trashed rooms and that will mess up your working pace for the day.
I really enjoyed working as a room attendant and all the benefits that came with the job after probation.
Pros
Free meals and drinks were provided
Cons
Did not mind working extra hours or getting called in on my off day
It's very nice to work here
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB27 November 2015
Morning shifts is busy and I like it. I learned many things, specially communicating with other people. About the management, they are nice in their employee. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the guest who have a lot of complain even though you gave everything still not satisfied. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping others.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
enough hours
Good place to wrk
HOUSE KEEPER (Current Employee) –  niagara falls22 October 2015
Great place to work, they provide some lunch and breakfast stuff for free which is great. I clean rooms, so have to keep up a quick pace, and work hard, but it's fun if you are the type of person who likes cleaning, or working hands on.
Pros
caring management
Cons
some days are very intense!
Great place to grow,learn and advance my hotel career
Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2015
Overall a great place to work. Well managed and very close knit staff.
The atmosphere and quality of service make it a brand you are proud to be a part of.
the hardest part of this job is the politics. Which in any job is always a difficult thing to navigate.
The best part of this job is being able to meet and interact with a variety of guests and colleagues.
Also, Hilton is a company that is very good at promoting within their brand.
Pros
great hours, good wage
Cons
slow periods
Hilton Worldwide
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Legal Assistant6 October 2015
Hilton is a great company to work for. I love working within the legal team, they provide great support, career development options and are generally a wonderful Company to work for.
Temporary
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON22 September 2015
Typical day resulted in repetitive tasks. Fit for an individual who does not mind doing the same thing over and over again, and speaking to angry customers.
Co-op Student Rotate
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 September 2015
The staff at the Hilton had me placed in every department possible. From laundry, to room service, all the way to the restaurant, catering office and the Accounting office. I learned so much at this location and never experienced a dull moment.
Pros
Got to try every position.
Great Group of people to work with!
Server (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB26 August 2015
I love my job at the Hilton . I work with a great team ! Management is also great. Unfortunately there just isn't enough hours.
What I learned
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 August 2015
While working at the Hilton, I learned a lot. How to think fast, problem solve, work as a team. Definitely how to be organised and how to create great relationships with our guest. Working in the tourism industry is something I do well and strive in.
great benefits, good training
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON22 August 2015
very busy, great place to learn customer facing skills as well as cross selling techniques.
gives you an opportunity to learn about empathy but learn to also be cautions of your actions.
To sum it all up we we're like a family, working together as one
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB19 August 2015
- enjoyed every minute there
- great work environment
- learnt to work by myself and as a group
- management would always do more then their responsibilities really were
- everyone was friendly there (all departments)
- the hardest part of the day was when and if you ran out of clean linen
- the best part of the day was our break, when we got to socialize
high pace enviroment
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 August 2015
emphasis to much on incoming guests but not on over all employees well being.

I have learned how to multitask in high stress environment without little support from others.

Great benefit package
Pros
Great benefit package
Cons
emphasis to much on incoming guests but not on over all employees well being