Hilton Employee Reviews

Fun place to work at
Bellman/ Concierge (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC31 March 2017
I started working here a couple years ago and have enjoyed my time here it is fun interacting with guests and the staff is all very friendly and enjoyable to work with
Good company to work for
Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 March 2017
First priority-guest satisfaction. Really follow all Hilton's standards in work environment and in service. The company gives you great balance between work and pleasure.
Fast paced environment, high guest turnover
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 March 2017
As a Front Desk agent at an Airport Property the hotel was incredibly busy. Especially with ever increasing group business the hotel is moving up and is taking a place among the top hotels in the GTA.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Hours not guaranteed for lower seniority staff.
Very fun place to work
Serveuse aux banquets (Former Employee) –  Bonaventure, QC10 March 2017
I haven't got the chance to work long enough for Hilton Bonaventure. But my experience there, was very pleasant, staff was amazing. Learned how to serve in banquets for big groups. I would recommend that job.
Pros
Free lunches
Amazing place to work at.
Executive Lounge Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2017
It is the best institution I have worked for so far. The managerial team is welcoming, professional and supportive of your growth as an individual as well as a professional in the industry.
I really like the work but do not like being called names
Houseperson/Laundry attendant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge ontario7 March 2017
I absolutely love working here and I really like the people that I work with. but I do not like being called names by the manager as she does not like accepting blame so she passes the blame and calls us names. And she calls me names all the time and she does not give me the supplies that I need to do my job so then I get called a whole lot more names and was hit in the face with laundry and almost her fist.
Pros
the people, and close to home and we do get free lunches.
Cons
being called names by the mangement
Ok job but poor training
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 March 2017
Lack of hours, new hotel. Had steady work when hotel was under construction but actual job which opened in November, didn't provide me with steady hours.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Hours based on economy
Good Hotel and Good colleagues
Steward's Helper (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 February 2017
Good Hotel and good colleagues to work with from the front of the house to the back of the house !! They are very professional at what they are doing both front and back of the house
Pros
Free Lunch, breakfast and dinner
Beautiful work environment with colorful staff and management
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 February 2017
The work felt very meaningful. I could very readily feel my contribution to the success of every event when I did my part in serving guests and keeping the rooms as professional and luxurious as possible. The managers were always fair and open; they were leaders who utilized each team member as an individual and understood the strengths and value of every one. The culture was fun and lively. No one was afraid to get chatty, and staff and management alike often exude personality and energy. Yet the utmost standard is held once the team marches onto the floor.
It was educational,productive and a fun place to work.
Front Desk Agent, Night Audit (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON9 February 2017
It was educational, productive and a fun place to work. Always something to learn. they promote from with in. Its is a nice small quite property to work for.
Waiter for event
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Roma, AB9 February 2017
Good work , with a good peaople to served, work hard sometime without breack, we make event for company or other customer and after we served the buffet.
Cons
8 houres
Fun & Secure Place to work
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON27 January 2017
I've worked at the Hilton for about four years, going on five, and it has been the most wonderful experience for me. I have met a lot of great people, anywhere from employees to management, to ownership. They are always there with a helping hand, and advice. Always have great opportunities posted to advance, or even switch departments. Overall, its a good environment to be in, if you're looking for any place to work, even as part time; They are definitely employers who are willing to work with you towards the best position possible, with the greatest of possibilities.
Pros
Great competitive wage, Great management, Helpful HR department
Great Fellow Employees
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON22 January 2017
The boss was slightly unprofessional but the servers worked hard and really well as a team and we were there for eachother to pick up any slack which was really amazing.
Pros
The restaurant/bar was in a hotel so it wasn't open late
Cons
Being asked to do things not in our job description
Motivated Workplace
HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON20 January 2017
Very good organisation to work under. Learned a lot about team work and deadlines. sometimes work can be overbearing but help was always there when we needed it.
Excelente place to work
Montreal Qc (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 January 2017
Great staff, leaders, you are to working in a friendly environment with great work conditions.
The responsibiles are always next to you to answer any questions you have. The management always comprehensive and available to reach.
It's a great environment, carrier place to grow and gain a lot from it.
Excellent company to work with. They care about the little people
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK3 January 2017
As a former Executive Chef of the Hilton, I must say it was one of the most enjoyable postings I have ever held. The management and staff were a solid team. Proper training and courses were provided in a timely fashion, without disrupting service to our clients.
The support for the staff was very strong, giving credence to the high moral of the management and staff. The longevity of staff employment made it evident as to how well this particular team was treated and how much they enjoyed coming to work each day.
Pros
Good life / work balance
Cons
city wide shortage of staff
Challenging but warm environment to work at
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON21 December 2016
8 hours shift, full cleaning of rooms. Warm and helpful environment to work with. Supervisors were motivational. Learned Time management and proper maintaining of Hilton standards.
Learn a lot
Concierge (Former Employee) –  西安市11 December 2016
manager and co-workers are very helpful and willing to teach you. All teams are very responsibility. During the period of Working I learned a lot.
Great hospitality experience
Food & Beverage- Server (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 November 2016
Working in the food and beverage department of Homewood Suites by Hilton was a great experience that allowed me to gain knowledge and experience
nice place to work
Accounts Receivable Administrator (Former Employee) –  St Laurent, QC15 November 2016
nice staff and excellent place to work but since I was there the hotel has changed ownership and I am not familiar with the current set up
Pros
was a good learning experience
Cons
not enough advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.