Hilton Employee Reviews

Waiter for event
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Roma, AB9 February 2017
Good work , with a good peaople to served, work hard sometime without breack, we make event for company or other customer and after we served the buffet.
Cons
8 houres
Fun & Secure Place to work
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON27 January 2017
I've worked at the Hilton for about four years, going on five, and it has been the most wonderful experience for me. I have met a lot of great people, anywhere from employees to management, to ownership. They are always there with a helping hand, and advice. Always have great opportunities posted to advance, or even switch departments. Overall, its a good environment to be in, if you're looking for any place to work, even as part time; They are definitely employers who are willing to work with you towards the best position possible, with the greatest of possibilities.
Pros
Great competitive wage, Great management, Helpful HR department
Great Fellow Employees
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON22 January 2017
The boss was slightly unprofessional but the servers worked hard and really well as a team and we were there for eachother to pick up any slack which was really amazing.
Pros
The restaurant/bar was in a hotel so it wasn't open late
Cons
Being asked to do things not in our job description
Motivated Workplace
HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON20 January 2017
Very good organisation to work under. Learned a lot about team work and deadlines. sometimes work can be overbearing but help was always there when we needed it.
Excelente place to work
Montreal Qc (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 January 2017
Great staff, leaders, you are to working in a friendly environment with great work conditions.
The responsibiles are always next to you to answer any questions you have. The management always comprehensive and available to reach.
It's a great environment, carrier place to grow and gain a lot from it.
Excellent company to work with. They care about the little people
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK3 January 2017
As a former Executive Chef of the Hilton, I must say it was one of the most enjoyable postings I have ever held. The management and staff were a solid team. Proper training and courses were provided in a timely fashion, without disrupting service to our clients.
The support for the staff was very strong, giving credence to the high moral of the management and staff. The longevity of staff employment made it evident as to how well this particular team was treated and how much they enjoyed coming to work each day.
Pros
Good life / work balance
Cons
city wide shortage of staff
Learn a lot
Concierge (Former Employee) –  西安市11 December 2016
manager and co-workers are very helpful and willing to teach you. All teams are very responsibility. During the period of Working I learned a lot.
Great hospitality experience
Food & Beverage- Server (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 November 2016
Working in the food and beverage department of Homewood Suites by Hilton was a great experience that allowed me to gain knowledge and experience
nice place to work
Accounts Receivable Administrator (Former Employee) –  St Laurent, QC15 November 2016
nice staff and excellent place to work but since I was there the hotel has changed ownership and I am not familiar with the current set up
Pros
was a good learning experience
Cons
not enough advancement
Friendly
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  ontario14 November 2016
The Hilton brand has always been a very rewarding company to have as employers. Busy days were always enjoyable when you've got great staff and guests!
Pros
Friendly
Cons
24 hour service including holidays
Good people to work with
Steward (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON6 November 2016
Uniforms provided. Shift direction given. Have to search for department heads at times. Unionized. Have to fight for fair scheduling. Decent.
A lot of politics
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Late hours
Great enviroment
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Malton, ON1 November 2016
Working at the Hilton you get to experience new things everyday such as skills and base knowledge on how simple easier things can be easier.
Pros
Free lunch
Awesome work place with onsen spa and ski.
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Niseko30 October 2016
Working hours are very flexible. Learn many new stuff . Meet many peoples from many other countries. And the management was so good.
Workers are treated with respect and honour! Fun place to work!
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 October 2016
Nice company to work for. Management is respectful and cares for the employees, ready to support and help; Always gives the feed back and apreciate our work.
Pros
Helpfulness of management
Productive and Fun work place
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2016
I love working at the Hilton Toronto. The management takes good care of you provided you work hard and are willing to learn.
I learn about the day to day functions of the Housekeeping department and working on my computer skills at the same time with using software's such as synergy and ONQ
My colleagues have a very positive attitude towards their job making it easy for an intern like me to gel in easily and learn fast.
And they all create a very productive stress free environment to work within.
Pros
Free Lunches, Good Management, Potential for growth
Amazing Leadership
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hilton16 October 2016
I learnt scheduling, reporting and good leadership.
The day started at 8:30 with brief meeting about everyday's agenda.
I learnt how to keep people together despite of the differences in their opinion.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long distance to travel from home
Room for advancement and cross training
Executive Chef / Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 September 2016
Hilton is a company that can and will help you grow. The culture is very positive and great environment. Flexible scheduling and work-life balance. The company recognize associates for doing a great job.
Pros
Discounted Hilton hotels stay and great food perks
Cons
Few franchised hotels are not up to the brand standards.
close staff but hilton doesnt look after employees
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 August 2016
The hardest part of job is each room is different when coming to cleaning .... 1 room can take 15 minutes to do but depending on who checked in it could take up to an hour .... I think in this matter there should be incentives for employees to do it .... they need to appreciate their employees more and have benefits
Pros
free lunhes from gm
Cons
stressful tension and office drama
Independent and Maturing
Receiptionist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 August 2016
- Completely daily tasks, update staff email, check-in and check-out guests accordingly, and answer general hotel inquiries accurately, meet brand standards.

- I learned how to professionally communicate via telephone, email, in-person, etc. I also learned how to manage myself and the departments according to hotel efficiency and guest needs. I grew familiar to computer programs including: OnQ, Outlook, Gmail, Microsoft Office. As per customer service; I learned how to settle invoices, transfer calls/ take messages, take payment and count tills.

- Management: Prompt for me to start work, training was disorganized but I did master all brand standards and duties, forward about mistakes to future prevention, worked as a team for events. I look at the management as "bosses" instead of "leaders". Instead of correcting me, they'd do it themselves without explanation. Simple language such as " I " vs. "we".

- Hardest part about that job: Disorganized training = mistakes that were learned from and never repeated, long hours without tasks (constantly keeping self busy), schedule for every week distributed very short notice.

- Enjoyable part about that job: different departments had diverse employees, professional environment but genuinely friendly at that. Consistent shifts and biweekly pay.
Pros
Gourmet food, biweekly pay, 8 hour shifts (full-time), easy access for commute, work-benefits
Cons
very long day once tasks are complete, departments are not always avaliable and servce agents cannot leave front desk
better productivity
Sever/Porter (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON5 July 2016
it could be better organize, need a strong managers in some areas,better appreciation of good employees and clean up in a way that you have people giving better service.
Pros
hotels discount worldwide
Cons
no stables hours.