Hilton Employee Reviews

decent place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON14 September 2017
its a job that never sleeps. the hotel is open every day all day/night long. the pay is minimum wage & salaried jobs???? you get abused and very little rewards
very different from the regular food industry
Head Chef/Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON11 September 2017
i really liked that the busy times were sun-wed. most places in the food industry are busy thur-sat. total change of pace if ur busy on weekends. no job security tho cause they use ppl for three months then onto the next
Pros
free lunch
Cons
busy for holidays or banquets
fun and energetic dynamic company
National Sales Manager (Western Canada) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 September 2017
exceptional company to work with Environment is fun, progressive and on the cusp of change. Dynamic and energetic leaders. balance of work and home is excellent. Changes are always for the better and on the forefront making this company one of the leaders in the market.
Pros
people, fun, progrsssive exciting
Culture du lieu de travail
Serveuse (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC9 September 2017
Cet entreprise est très axé sur la satisfaction des clients et le personnel est toujours chaleureux et aidant.
.Hilton
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 September 2017
New Ownership has lost the true meaning of Guest Experience. As an experience front desk agent I never felt that was taken into consideration when my wage was discussed.
Management were not that prepared
Server (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB6 September 2017
Wouldnt work at this location again but many people have worked long years saying they love it here. Would have to say the tips are pretty good around the holidays but expect to work all the holidays...
Pros
Travel percs and gym/pool
Cons
management werent up to par
Environemment de travail agreable.
RECEPTIONNISTE (Former Employee) –  Canada Toronto4 September 2017
Magement participatif,liberte dans la prise des decisions, autonomie, gestion de projets personels,.
Pros
good team
Cons
aucun
Small team but efficient
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 August 2017
The chef is not always hovering at you which I like. He trusted his staff to handle the kitchen. Hardest part of the job is working on holidays. The enjoyable part is learning new things such as doing banquets and events.
Opportunity
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls24 August 2017
I enjoyed the position, however was not aware it was only temporary. Would have been nice to know it was not permanent.

Friendly work environment, and hospitality industry incentives. Working independently is a priority in the office areas.
Pros
travel incentive
Cons
lack of communication
Empresa e ambiente legal para trabalhar
Garçonete/Atendente (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario, Canada3 July 2017
Um dia típico no trabalho consistia em preparar todo o salão onde o evento iria acontecer, desde a decoração do salão até a mesa, como pratos e talheres. A direção, assim como todos os meus colegas de trabalho sempre foram muitos unidos. Sempre trabalhávamos juntos e estávamos sempre dispostos a ajudar uns aos outros.

A parte mais ''dificil'' do trabalho eram as longas horas trabalhadas em pé, as vezes até 14 horas. Porém, ver a felicidade das pessoas, e saber da satisfação delas pelo nosso serviço fazia tudo valer a pena.
Pros
Refeição na empresa
Cons
Sem previsão de quantos horas iria trabalhar.
Staff are wonderful
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Leduc, AB1 July 2017
It's a nice place to work, good hours, good pay, awesome team members. It's wonderful meeting new perople every day and working in hospitality is very rewarding.
Hilton
Housekeeping Dep (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PA29 June 2017
Work and Travel program The Hilton Harrisburg hotel is located in the heart of downtown, just minutes from Hershey, Pennsylvania. Situated two blocks from the State Capitol Complex, our hotel is connected to the Whitaker Center and Strawberry Square. Visitors will enjoy quick drives to HersheyPark, the PA Farm Show Complex and Carlisle Fairgrounds, as well as amazing dishes at our visually stunning 1700Degrees Steakhouse and Ad Lib Craft Kitchen.
Amazing Place to work
Room Service/Banquets (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON15 June 2017
Great clean environment, friendly staff and excellent money. Rewarding job you get to meet interesting people from around the world while working independently or as a team.
Productive and nice workplace
Care aide (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC30 May 2017
Hilton villa is a nice place to work. They give you a lots of schedules while your in casual. The workers are so nice there. The residents are nice too you get used to it. I love working in facility it makes a lots fun and encourage you to work everyday. You pick up shifts.
Working at the Hilton Hotel
Housekeeping Attendant and Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 May 2017
My typical day at the Hilton Hotel.

I would strip the beds and make the beds, I would also take out all the garbage from the room and strip all the dirty laundry from the rooms. I would disinfect the bathroom and kitchen. I would wash the dishes and put them back in the cupboard. I would vacuum the room and dust every surface of the room.
Pros
Free food during your shift and paid sick days..
Cons
Paying for my own parking which got very expensive, .
Place of Advancement
Information Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 May 2017
At Toronto Hilton I actually learned I.T. and due to hard work I got promoted as Systems Manager, attended many seminars and I.T. courses. Sometimes long hours at the hotel kept me away from my family life.
we work in a united team
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB10 May 2017
the job is very hard but is beautiful when the guest give thank and recognize our job ,the most enjoyable part of the job its when we all work together
Fantastic company culture
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2017
Hospitality industry at its finest. Being a part of a world wide known major brand of hotel is an experience like no other. Top notch training and advancement opportunities abound!
Service de Rêve réel
Serveuse/Hôtesse (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC22 April 2017
Le service à la clientèle est de la plus haute importance; tant externe qu'interne. Externe est le client qu'on connaît, qu'on sert, qui vient dans notre établissement pour se divertir. Le client interne, est notre collègue de travail, il est tout aussi important. Le tout donne une ambiance professionnelle et agréable.
D'excellents souvenirs.
Pros
Avantages sociaux imbatables
Cons
Syndicat
Loved working for this company
Reservationist (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON6 April 2017
Great place to start your career, i loved working with the public everyday, as im a people person. I had great bosses everyone was super friendly. Would love to work for this company one day again.
Pros
Cheap hotel rates
Cons
Shift work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval