Hilton Worldwide
1,439 reviews

Hilton Worldwide Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Interacted with different people
Front desk agent, customer service (Former Employee), Agoura Hills, Ca.April 7, 2014
Pros: meeting new people on a daily basis in person, and on the phone.
Cons: the commute from van nuys to agoura hills
Dealing with guests, phones, reservations.

I learned (also from past jobs) that everyone is different. You must know how to read people and their needs to make their hotel stay wonderful.

The management team was very good until a new manager took over.

All of my co-workers were very helpful and friendly to me.

The hardest part of my job was traffic – more... and distance from my home.

The most enjoyable part of my job was making our hotel guests happy. I really did enjoy taking guests to wedding venues. You meet so many interesting people. – less
Productive and professional work environment
Director of International Sales (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAApril 6, 2014
Pros: large sales office with comfortable environment
Cons: work overtime and holidays if necessary.
Going to strive to fill the guestrooms with maximum room rate to accomplish the hotel revene goal.
Fast-paced, demanding work environment.
Night Auditor (Current Employee), Nashville, TNApril 6, 2014
Pros: coworker comraderie
Cons: sporadic breaks, low benefits, unprofessional behavior at desk
The desk requires an exceptionally high level of customer service. You have to be 100 percent in the game at all times due to the large amount of conflict resolution, requests and complaints that happen overnight; a majority of the time, your coworkers' focus will be less on service and more on visiting facebook and ignoring guests/phones, so if you – more... are a work horse and you care about maintaining a professional team image, you will automatically end up doing 3/4ths of everything. – less
Close knit work environment
Maintenance/Engineer (Current Employee), East Point, GAApril 6, 2014
I have learned a lot in how to run maintenance for an entire building. I enjoy my work there because I love to fix and tinker with things and there is always something to fix and tinker with in a hotel.
Productive and very fun place to work for
Corporate Sales & Marketing Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 5, 2014
Pros: discounts to any of the hilton resosrts and hotels. health benefits and pto
Cons: had to work every weekend.
A typical day as an In-house marketer representative at Hilton Grand Vacation Club, consisted in checking-in all the guests to the resort, and while doing the checking process, invited them and set an appointment for a sales presentation, in exchange of their time they were getting special promotions and gifts.
As a Marketer I was also responsible to – more... make cold calls to existing clients before arriving to the resort and offer them, special packages and tell them about all the new Hilton properties and tried on selling them mini vacation packages.

One of the things that learned about this position was to manage my own time and be very productive, since I had to meet weekly and mothly goals. I also learned to be a team member. We had to work as a team, because our bonuses were base on individual performance but also as a team performance.

I really enjoyed the experience of working with people from all over the world. And having the flexibility to work as a front desk marketer, but also working over the phone. This last one helped me to strengh my sales experience over the phone. – less
Very fast pace work place
Diamond Desk representative (Former Employee), Carrolton TxApril 2, 2014
Pros: they supplied free food, and gave us lots of discounts with the hotel properties.
Cons: the company was extreamly strict on approving off days, lunches and breaks
The entry level position i started with with was reservations was repetitive. This position got boring very quick so I wanted to move up quickly. Expressing this to managment made them pay more attention to my work performance and i work well under pressure. there was lots of room for growth with this company witch i loved
Great company with Advancement oppertunities
Call Center/Outbound sales (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 2, 2014
Pros: great compensation plan
Cons: production based enviornment
Phone sales, calling all over the county to qualified guest to purchase vacations and time share. Customer Service and activating sold vacation packages.
decent place to work
Lead Laundry Attendant/Housemen/Banquet Server (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAApril 1, 2014
i like the company for the most part. I do feel if the hotel i work for was not privately owned we would perform better. Direct deposit, health care and raises would be offered.
Great Benefits
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLApril 1, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: low pay
They have the best benefits ever, they also provide free lunch!
grat horses and pool
Bartender (Former Employee), Ocala, FLApril 1, 2014
Pros: great working conditions
Cons: not enough hours
good working conditions. Well informed job dicscripitions and responsablities. It was great meeting new people every day and seeing returned customers also
best workplace to work in hotel industry
bartender (Former Employee), Hilton, ENGApril 1, 2014
Pros: best workplace
Cons: meals
i have worked as a bartender in hilton warwick UK..which is fast peaced establishment..i have really enjoyed there & learned lot of things there..i never wanted to leave that job but unfortunately i was unable to extend my visa due to recession reasons..
I enjoyed the experience fully.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMarch 31, 2014
Pros: free breakfast on football sundays
Cons: low wage
In the mornings we had meetings.
Received our boards and were required to complete them in a timely manner.While giving our guests five star treatment.
I learned from mistakes i made to be responsible and pay attention to every detail.my co-workers were fantastic and my managers were exceptional.
Very Friendly atmosphere.
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Newbury, ENGMarch 31, 2014
Pros: free breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Cons: perfect hours
In the Hilton Hotel one shift was there only for Housekeeping Department. Mine shift time was From 8 A.M till 4 Noon. All days were enjoyable, because I like to work in the Housekeeping department. Work load was little bit hard but Saturday till Monday were the Hardest day for all, but still I like the pressure. I learned how to work in the heavy pressure, – more... communicate with foreign guests, how to clean the rooms. Mine co worker were also so friendly with each other. – less
corporate values
Executive Sous Chef (Former Employee), Ambler, PAMarch 30, 2014
Pros: everything involved with the job
Cons: n/a
Very nice company to work for. Cant really go into to much about this company other then it was a very positive environment to be in.
cocktail at a bar
Cocktail Waitress (Former Employee), Layton, UTMarch 29, 2014
Served drinks to travelers. I was able to learn how to improve my memory. Serving over 13 tables at once was a difficult, after learning a few tricks I was able to balance all of the tables. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet new people everyday.
Wonderful Company
General Manager (Former Employee), memphis tnMarch 29, 2014
Pros: could move anywhere in the world
Cons: i didnt
I relocated from Memphis,Tn to Texas.Great company to work for.
Fun Group to Work With
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee), Albany, NYMarch 29, 2014
Pros: great people, great travel benefits!
Cons: low pay
I enjoyed my time working with Hilton, though unfortunately didn't make enough money or always have enough guaranteed hours which I needed to pay my bills.
High volume work place
Pre-Arrival Coordinator (Current Employee), FloridaMarch 28, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: low pay
Hilton properties are always very busy and with proper management it is a great place to work.
Great place to work!!!
PBX Operator / Front Desk Person (Former Employee), San Juan, PRMarch 27, 2014
Pros: free lunch, discount in different hotels
Cons: 30 mins breaks, high traffic area
I loved working here even though it was on a part time basis. I learned a lot. And fell in love with the hotel industry (this being my first experience here)
Interesting
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 26, 2014
Pros: room to learn
Cons: no raises
I was able to learn all parts of the hotel buisness. and was trained on a reguler bases, Mangment was strickt but was needed in my opion.

About Hilton Worldwide

Hilton Worldwide (formerly, Hilton Hotels Corporation) is a global hospitality company. It is owned by the Blackstone Group, a – Read more