Hilton Worldwide

Hilton Worldwide Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It's Job agency
Omni Agency (Former Employee), London HammermithJuly 15, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: sometimes agency give me less then 20 hour a week
Before i'm star work in some place for this Agency i have the training about a silver service and how to work on banquet .
Great pool area
Front Desk (Former Employee), Atlanta GaJuly 14, 2014
Pros: awesome pool area
Cons: short breaks and long days
It's a really great place to work, its plenty of nice people on the staff.
I really enjoyed the views of the city working from there. Its also great food.
Night Auditor
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Erie, PAJuly 14, 2014
Laundry, help with customers, completing nightly audits, checking customers in or making reservations. The hardest part was was getting used to 3rd shift. The best part the place of employment was close to home.
this work is in the group, which is good, and work with people of various nationalities
houseman (Former Employee), Naples, FLJuly 14, 2014
Pros: my fisrt job
Cons: few hours after 6 months in low season
normally work in a hotel cleaning is hard, worked on different floors, with different functions, , have learned to do cleanups RUGS, folders, washing large quantities of clothes.
Career prospects good and fun working at Hilton Hotel
Waitress (Former Employee), NairobiJuly 14, 2014
Pros: free personal services like free breakfast, lunch, dinner & toiletries were provided.
Cons: breaks were minimal.
Most of time I was on day shift which sometimes ended at 11 pm. In my second week I was able to work under very little supervision as I had grasped my duties very well. The Hotel Management were very helpful and gave the opportunity to learn what I didn't learn in college by allocating me senior employees as my helpers. The hardest part of the job was – more... keeping an eye on the guests as some were known to walk away without paying their bills and reasoning with them without causing a scene.
Team work was the most enjoyable part of the job as it involved kitchen workers, fellow waiters/waitress, cashiers, stewards, hotel security and the guests themselves. – less
Good place to work with tough, but rewarding days
Guest Service Agent/Shuttle Driver (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2014
A typical day involves a lot of moving around, which I love because it makes the day go by a lot faster. I'm either at the Front Desk checking people in/out or out driving for the hotel. The driving part is the best part especially during a Chicago summer day.

Over my almost 3 years, I've gotten a better understanding and appreciation for what it means – more... to work is Customer Service or the Service Industry as a whole. I know how much I have to put in order for the end result to be worth it. – less
Fun Work Place
Club Counselor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 12, 2014
Hilton is a good place to work with great benefits the hardest part of the job is the pay and scheduling at times. The job keeps you on your toes as every phone call is different.
Fun workplace/ A superviosr that listens!! The pro's go on and on!
Security Officer (Current Employee), Hilton-Austin, Austin, Tx.July 11, 2014
I've been a security officer for years. I've worked for the government, been a security supervisor, to a regular guard. I seen been solo and worked alongside a team. I understand both sides of the playing field. Working for the Hilton security team at the Hilton - Austin has been great! Freedom to make decisions, bosses that listen, and make time for – more... you! PERKS, PERKS, PERKS, money that's relevant for the market we are in. – less
Productive Workplace
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYJuly 10, 2014
A steady pace work environment
Hard working co-workers
very determined
fun and always learning new thing. And meeting people
Receptionist/Clerical Duties (Former Employee), Valencia, SpainJuly 10, 2014
Pros: discounts on merchandise, close to home
Cons: seasonal job
A fun stock and floor job to get back into work, great environment to work in and learn.
Great clients co wkorkers
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), san bernadino caJuly 9, 2014
GREET GUEST
learned Perseverance
great team management
manageable job
HILTON GRAND VACATIONS
Senior Desktop Support Engineer III (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 9, 2014
Pros: no mirco managment
Cons: contract position
GREAT PLACE TO WORK..GOOD GROUP OF EMPLOYEES AND MANAGEMENT..AWESOME PLACE TO LEARN NEW TECHNOLOGIES , LOW STRESS ENVIRONMENT
High Stress Long Hours
Assistant Front Office Manager (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: team member discounts
Cons: short breaks
Manager daily operations of front office
ensure each guests feels well cared for, valued and respected
Gives you the knowledge of sales
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 9, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: hard to make sales
Friendly work place with helpful team of management. Never left wondering what to do help is given all the time.
shift manager
Assistant Chef (Former Employee), Anniston, ALJuly 9, 2014
i pretty much ran the kitchen, grilling food for orders and took daily cash total down to the safe and all made deposit
Not a professional office
Sales Account Executive (Former Employee), Carrollton, TxJuly 8, 2014
Pros: the hotel benefits and fun work amosphere
Cons: short breaks, poor compensation, and very unprofessional.
This is a great first time job, but if your looking for professionalism and advancement probably not the place for you.
Team Work !!
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Norwalk, ConnecticutJuly 8, 2014
Pros: restaurant on property - free meals
Cons: hourly pay
Strengthened company's business by leading implementation of great Guest Service and developed department's first incentive performance plan which motivated staff and resulted in SALT score increase by 85%. Trained, coached and mentored staff to ensure smooth adoption of Hilton Brand Standards. Developed and rolled out new policies as well as hired – more... new staff when needed.
*Supervised, instructed and directed work activity of all front desk agents
*Responsible for day to day operations of front desk including associate recruitment and retention, training and development and strict adherence to Hilton Guest Service Standards.
*Insured liaison with: General Manager, Maintenance, Housekeeping to contribute to smooth front desk operations and help achieve company’s objective.
*Instrumental in revenue management process and setting rates to maximize revenue potential.
*Strong involvement in accurate forecasting and budgeting taking into consideration local economic development.
*String involvement in Sales and Marketing
*Responsible for AR billing and settling of all the accounts and maintaining customer relations with the companies for future planning. – less
Loved working at Hilton. Busy environment and fun
Front Office Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 8, 2014
A typical day at the Hilton at Easton always started with a quick Front Office meeting concerning guest and the flow of events coming in that day. I delegated responsibilities to my assistant managers, supervisors and guest agents to complete before mid-morning to ensure requests and guest itineraries and gifts would be delivered on schedule. I then – more... reviewed future reservations with the reservations department, as well as with our sales team.
Every day was different at the Hilton, so my responsibilities and agenda changed accordingly. Some days I dealt with training employees, and making sure we were staying on track with our budget, organizing schedules and reviewing payroll. From time to time, I would be responsible for handling employee conflicts and find a way to resolve them to satisfy both parties.
The Hilton was an amazing learning opportunity and helped cultivate me into a strong and decisive leader. I was placed in a role to help shape others and create a cohesive customer service team which translated into great customer satisfaction. – less
fun place with swimming pool
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Abilene, TXJuly 7, 2014
Pros: free linch monthly
Cons: short lunches, detailed cleaning.
fun and productive workplace with pool ad weight room. It was an upscale hotel compared to most hotels; it was priced right for the service that was rendered.
Over worked with rubbish training
Conference and Banqueting Porter (Former Employee), GlasgowJuly 7, 2014
Was given shifts that would mean I'd have 4 hours off before having to come back in. Example would be 11pm-7am then back in at 11am again for a full shift. I felt under appreciated and general management did not acknowledge my hard work. Never again!

About Hilton Worldwide

Hilton Worldwide (formerly, Hilton Hotels Corporation) is a global hospitality company. It is owned by the Blackstone Group, a – Read more