Hilton Worldwide
1,427 reviews

Hilton Worldwide Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I enjoyed the experience fully.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMarch 31, 2014
Pros: free breakfast on football sundays
Cons: low wage
In the mornings we had meetings.
Received our boards and were required to complete them in a timely manner.While giving our guests five star treatment.
I learned from mistakes i made to be responsible and pay attention to every detail.my co-workers were fantastic and my managers were exceptional.
Very Friendly atmosphere.
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Newbury, ENGMarch 31, 2014
Pros: free breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Cons: perfect hours
In the Hilton Hotel one shift was there only for Housekeeping Department. Mine shift time was From 8 A.M till 4 Noon. All days were enjoyable, because I like to work in the Housekeeping department. Work load was little bit hard but Saturday till Monday were the Hardest day for all, but still I like the pressure. I learned how to work in the heavy pressure, – more... communicate with foreign guests, how to clean the rooms. Mine co worker were also so friendly with each other. – less
corporate values
Executive Sous Chef (Former Employee), Ambler, PAMarch 30, 2014
Pros: everything involved with the job
Cons: n/a
Very nice company to work for. Cant really go into to much about this company other then it was a very positive environment to be in.
cocktail at a bar
Cocktail Waitress (Former Employee), Layton, UTMarch 29, 2014
Served drinks to travelers. I was able to learn how to improve my memory. Serving over 13 tables at once was a difficult, after learning a few tricks I was able to balance all of the tables. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet new people everyday.
Wonderful Company
General Manager (Former Employee), memphis tnMarch 29, 2014
Pros: could move anywhere in the world
Cons: i didnt
I relocated from Memphis,Tn to Texas.Great company to work for.
Fun Group to Work With
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee), Albany, NYMarch 29, 2014
Pros: great people, great travel benefits!
Cons: low pay
I enjoyed my time working with Hilton, though unfortunately didn't make enough money or always have enough guaranteed hours which I needed to pay my bills.
High volume work place
Pre-Arrival Coordinator (Current Employee), FloridaMarch 28, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: low pay
Hilton properties are always very busy and with proper management it is a great place to work.
Great place to work!!!
PBX Operator / Front Desk Person (Former Employee), San Juan, PRMarch 27, 2014
Pros: free lunch, discount in different hotels
Cons: 30 mins breaks, high traffic area
I loved working here even though it was on a part time basis. I learned a lot. And fell in love with the hotel industry (this being my first experience here)
Interesting
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 26, 2014
Pros: room to learn
Cons: no raises
I was able to learn all parts of the hotel buisness. and was trained on a reguler bases, Mangment was strickt but was needed in my opion.
Work Experience
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: fellow employees
Cons: hour cuts, general manager and assistant general manager
Every morning, I would clock in and the first thing on my list is to make sure the pool and spa chemical balance is up to standards. After that I will go to the front desk and check for maintenance request tickets. If there is no tickets, I will start the project for the day. Which majority of the time caulking showers or tubes and performing the preventive – more... maintenance program. The management for my section is pretty great. The maintenance manager is understanding with changes in the work day and request for days off to handle personal issues. He is a good guy to work with. However, the General and Assistant manager is far less incompetent when running the hotel. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep up with the preventive maintenance program while caulking the shower and tubes in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my fellow employees. They are a great bunch to work with. – less
Great company to work for
Front Office Manager (Current Employee), Saint Charles, ILMarch 26, 2014
I love working in the hospitality industry, each day is very different. Each guest has different needs and wants. Training and coaching my fellow employees means a great deal to me because at the end of the day I made a huge accomplishment . I love working with mangers that are knowable and are willing to teach. What gives me most satisfaction about – more... what I do is my guests and the difference that I have made in their stay. – less
Great company to work for
Doorman (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: free lunch
The Hilton is a great company to work for, but it was for me. I'm a personable person and their management don't care about their employees.
productive and fun working environment
Lead Line Cook/banquet chef (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: free lunch
lots to learn worked with many highly skilled chefs. I had the opportunity to cook for many banquet events
Great culture and environment
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee), San FranciscoMarch 25, 2014
One of the best places to work. The position comes with many perks. I've learned more about the day to day operations of a major hotel brand and management within the hotel environment. The hardest part of the job is coordinating with other managers in time scheduling for recruitment purposes.
Fun place to work
Credit Manager (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLMarch 24, 2014
Customer Collections
Accruals
Month End Closing Process
Cashier
Its a fun place to work out, the management is excellent
Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Panama City, FLMarch 24, 2014
Pros: good with working with my schedule
Cons: it can get kind of hectic during spring break
Really good with working with my schedule.
My co workers are wonderful.
The hardest part about my job is staying awake because I work over night.
The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting people.
Good for college
Guest Services Representative/Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMarch 24, 2014
Pros: the regular guests that hilton acquires are exceedingly kind and have warm hearts for the most part.
Cons: no breaks, no health insurance, housekeepers are jerks, the indian that owns it is a tightwad on money.
This job is good if you are a college student but extremely disappointing regarding wages. I've been here 2 years and barely make above minimum wage. Continuing this ongoing job search.
Fun work place
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Scranton, PAMarch 23, 2014
Pros: yes they cookd us lunch and had days they make something special for us.
Cons: the medical was a little too much for me and the pay was low enough.
I love those women my boss's were the best. There really wasn't nothing hard about the job u have to want to work and do what the job entitles the managers where very serious about what goes on in and or around the hotels I been with those women 8 years real nice women.
Work @Home
Customer Care and Reservation Specialist (Current Employee), Dallas TXMarch 22, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: horrible pay
You have the ability to work @ home but there is not much of a balance with job work/life schedule unless you are part-time and you are able to build your schedule. As much money you make for the company daily the pay could be better.
never boring
Cleaner (Former Employee), Bracknell, ENGMarch 22, 2014
Pros: friendly team
Cons: not enough hours
Start work at 9:00 you never know have long you have to stay, so its difficult to plan your day after work. All rooms is similar, its not hard to clean them, but work has to be weary good, i lear have to properly clean room, make the bed and all that that help in new work! Cleaner meniger its weary hight standart hard to do something that she like. – more... Hardest part is when someone dont come to work and you have clean 20 room, or if u have day off and they call and ask you to go! I like Hilton staff, maintenance, gym worker and all others! – less

About Hilton Worldwide

Hilton Worldwide (formerly, Hilton Hotels Corporation) is a global hospitality company. It is owned by the Blackstone Group, a – Read more