Hilton Worldwide

Hilton Worldwide Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good work place
F&B Supervisor (Current Employee), London, ENGJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long working hours
A typical day at work was busy and under pressure with lots of tasks to complete. I learnt how to work in such environment and provide excellent customer service at all times.I would say by working there I gain great experience to move on in the career. Lots of courses to go on and great benefits.
Lots of Experienced Employees...As Well As Complaining Employees
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 12, 2015
A less than stellar hotel property as far as modernity is concerned. Senior hotel management were very snide and didn't really care too much about the security operations. Co-workers in the department I worked in stuck together and worked as a team.
Professional Organization
Bartender (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 12, 2015
Fast paced and fun working environment. Professional staff and management
Call Center Division is rife with possible unscrupulous and nefarious actions by management
Mid management (Former Employee), Carrollton TexasJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: good hotel stay benefits
Cons: cliques, and good old boy groups appear to exist in the call center division
The Parent Company Hilton Worldwide is awesome with an awesome mission statement and ongoing best practices encouraged, however, the call center division head quartered in Texas, also known as Hilton Reservations and Customer Care, appears to be full of unscrupulous and crooked practices. It is a well connected clique which includes, HR, QA, Executives and management - not to mention other areas such as operations etc. The culture is that if you offend anyone in the clique or if you are honest and perceived as a threat, then you have absolutely no future within this organization. They appear to manipulate the call skill type gating to a team members disadvantage, manipulate the ability to earn incentive to the team members disadvantage, and set up very nit picky and overly stringent requirements that guarantee failure if they target you. They make it look very fair and kosher, while in the back ground they are meticulously, systematically and methodically going after those that they target. If you are just an hourly worker bee who does not plan on being outspoken or choose to look the other way when you notice blatant wrongs, you will do well and survive - like me (18.5 years). However, the moment you speak your mind, choose to be honest, candid and outspoken, you will awaken the beast and it will attack you from every possible angle. It will work hard at attempting to destroy your reputation, blackball you and eventually send you packing. I am hoping that someone, like the CEO reads this and effects positive change in Texas. When the company was acquired about 10 years ago, – more... 80% of the staff was let go and only 20% were retained in an attempt to effectively change corporate culture. This worked everywhere except the call center division, where the 80% managed to fly under the radar and avoid the transformation purge. Other than this, I loved the company and my job. A typical work day was very productive, and seemed to pass quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job was to help people succeed. The hardest part was to be be vilified, ignored, harassed and demeaned for not going along with their unfair policies, where individuals appeared to be selectively targeted. Some of my co-workers were awesome, whereas some were merely survivors and jumped on every management bandwagon to ensure their personal survival and well being regardless of whether or not the issue was wrong or right. – less
fun and rewarding
Banqueting and Events Team Leader (Former Employee), walbertonJanuary 12, 2015
was good leg up into the business of hospitality and first place i ran my own team.
Enjoyed working with my team mates to get the job done
Supervisor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: free food, insurance, five star restaurant
Cons: no raises for the hard work
I learned all aspects of the kitchen and ultimately became the night time kitchen supervisor. My typical day consisted of preparing food prep and cooking on the front line as saute', broiler and sandwich maker in the evening. I supervised two other employees and was responsible for closing the kitchen at night.
great experience great company
PREVIEW COORDINATOR (Former Employee), orlandoJanuary 10, 2015
Developed relationships with prospective owners by following up on referrals and leads. Cater the sales experience to the individual needs and preferences of each prospective owner, and follow through with the sales contract process to ensure that all paperwork is completed accurately and efficiently. Maintain the customer relationship after the sale is complete to ensure continued satisfaction with the organization and to develop future business opportunities (i.e., referrals, additional sale.

Giving Sales Presentations-
Discovered the needs of prospective owners through a series of questions/discussion and utilize the information to customize the sales presentation.
Explain the features and benefits of the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations product.
Established trust during the warmed up, discovery, and intent statement and build rapport with customer.
great place to work
Assistant Food and Beverage Director (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDJanuary 9, 2015
I loved it! the staff is friendly the property is clean and safe and there is a lot of potential for advancement. there are alof of benefits and they know how to take care of the employees.
Large Employee Cafeteria
Banquet Housemen (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2015
A relaxing working environment and surrounded by fun workers.
Hilton
Director Information Technology (Current Employee), El Conquistador ResortJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: venefits
Cons: no ending operations sometimes get old
Dealing with IT matters. Handling projects and day to day IT situations. Friendly and professional management. Co workers are friendly and professionals. Sourcing quality and customer oriented vendors is always a challenge. Helping the inside and outside customers. Employees and guest.
co workers made it a fun place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: no health care avalible
I learned cleaning a hotel room is way different than cleaning a room at home. the co workers were the greatest to work with. there was nothing hard about the job.
fun place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Plymouth, MIJanuary 8, 2015
nice hotel service good people clean rooms friendly people
Productive and a overall fun place to work
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Hartford, CTJanuary 8, 2015
Fast paste challenging environment. Our coworkers are very family like. I've learned how to manage my time, Ive grasped the ability to function and make register. Management is always there to provide and area
Slow Paced non movement
Front desk clerk (Current Employee), Webster TxJanuary 7, 2015
Once you learn everything there is nothing else there is not really many options for movement. It is very slow paced not a whole lot to do.
Working for Hilton
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Carrollton TXJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: work and home life balance
Cons: not much growth potential
Working part-time for Hilton was a great experience and taught me some great skills in customer service. I was a work from home agent and the hours allowed me to be available for my family. Now that they are in school I am able to work full-time out of the home.
Fun Workplace
Back of House Manager (Current Employee), London, ENGJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: convenient from home, free lunch.
Cons: no development
Busy inspecting the areas of responsibilties for cleaning, compiling report. Ordering food & beverage daily and also equipments for F&B department. The staff are friendly and helpful.
Yearly staff party and lovely family events are great.
Ok
Reservationist (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: work from home, software on disc or flashdrive so no software hogging your computer
Cons: tech difficulties all the time, constant coaching
tons of system/technical issues. It was constantly hard to log into the system. I was a work from home agent so it was frustrating because if you cant get things running then you have to go into the main office. I despised having to offer HGVC to EVERY customer simply because I don't think its wise to offer it to someone who just cursed you out.
Great Company
Food and Beverage Manager (Department Head ) (Former Employee), Newark, NJJanuary 6, 2015
I was good company to work for and enjoy the day to day job. Would tell anyone to work there again.
Opportunity for Advancement
Revenue Analyst (Current Employee), Dallas TxJanuary 5, 2015
There are always opportunities for advancement within the company.
Continuing To learn and grow!
Human Resources, Payroll, Benefits Dir (Current Employee), Lisle, ILJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: great culture, great team members
Cons: expensive health insurance
Hilton has given me the chance as a young professional to continue to grow and learn in my career field.

About Hilton Worldwide

Hilton Worldwide (formerly, Hilton Hotels Corporation) is a global hospitality company. It is owned by the Blackstone Group, a – Read more