Hilton Worldwide

Hilton Worldwide Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fair
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Dedham, MANovember 30, 2014
I don't have much to complain about, customers were sometimes awful although co workers supported you
Fun Work Environment
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Richmond, VANovember 30, 2014
Pros: employee benefits
Cons: better employment opportunities
Starting my shift, there is a Front Desk Checklist that each agent is required to complete during our shift. It requires taking payments, preparing for each individual guest with special requests upon arrival, making sure the Front Desk is well organized, and many more. Working in a fast-paced environment, I've learn to multitask well: Assisting guests, – more... answering multi-line telephone calls, as well as finishing up daily duties. The management staff and co-workers are very friendly and fun to work with. The hardest part about this job is dealing with guest confrontation regarding guests issues and/or complaints. However, we strive to overly satisfy each guest, there could be times where that is not accomplished, unfortunately. The most enjoyable part about working at this job is the employees and staff which make the hotel a fun work environment. – less
Looking for a challenging job
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Bedford, TXNovember 28, 2014
Pros: it was close from home
Cons: didn't make at least my 40 hrs a week...
My typical day at work was to arrive and start greeting everybody that would come through the door. Always cheerful and happy to interact with all kinds of people and their cultures.
The hardest part at work was, having to be on my feet for up to 10 hrs a day, without a break, and not having not even a lunch break..
And the most enjoyable part of my – more... job was; to see the same guests, returning every year. – less
Professional Hospitality
Senior Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VANovember 27, 2014
Great experience in professional hospitality. Working at a resort hotel in Virginia Beach during peak season (summertime) allows for a lot of networking and work experience.
I find Hilton Hotels to be charming and caring about employees especially their gym.
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 27, 2014
. A typical day at work would be following AM or PM checklist, greeting guests and doing check-ins/check-outs.
. I learn to paste myself so that reports and bucket checks are done in a timely manner. If rooms are not available by time of check-in then I will create a list for guest that have pre-registered so that guest will be treated fairly.
. I have – more... never had any problem with management. I find them to be just as caring about their staff as their guest.
. Well, co-workers are people to. They have good days and bad. Some like their jobs some I don't know. However, I love working as a Guest Services Agent, and I love and respect my co-workers no matter their position.
. The hardest part of the job is when you have a guest that cannot be pleased no matter what you do to satisfy them.
. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I can leave work the same way I come into work happy and thankful. – less
n/a
Runner (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 25, 2014
my daily routine was to come in and stack all plates and silver wear. After my duties was done we were to report to management.
Great Opportunity to have worked for Hilton
Housekeeping Leader (Former Employee), Detroit, MINovember 25, 2014
My typical day at work varied from checking the clean rooms before the guest checked in to cleaning rooms if needed, to working in the laundry room if short staffed, it was a great overall experience, management was great to work with, the co-workers where great because we worked as a team to get the job done, the hardest part was dealing with intoxicated – more... people on the weekends, as always getting the job done is always enjoyable. – less
Busy
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Leicester, ENGNovember 25, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no communication, long hours and over time
Mannagement and costumer care could be a lot better.
My co-workers was not a team players at all, probably one of the reasons is because I was an 'outsider'.
No appreciation for over time hours at all.
Not responsible attitude towards costumers.
N/A
Houseperson/Lobby Attendant/Laundry Attendant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 24, 2014
Great place to be at, its lots of fun. great pay great place to stay.
Team work oriented
Server/Customer Service (Current Employee), Clearwater Beach, FLNovember 23, 2014
Pros: great benifits
Cons: not enough business in outlets
Managers at this Hilton are defiantly there for their employees, all team members work well together, Not having enough business in the outlets has affected my time here negatively.
Great place to work and wonderful staff
Banquet bartender (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 23, 2014
Pros: $29 rooms anywhere in the us
Cons: not enough shifts around the holidays
I have worked for three Hilton owned hotels and truly enjoyed each one. I have gained a lot of experience in the hospitality and fine dining business. The staff were always courteous and helpful. I liked the flexibility to work any shifts I wanted as an on call banquet server. Would have liked to have been full-time.
Service Department
Hospitality Management (Former Employee), ColomboNovember 23, 2014
Pros: free food and accomandation
Smooth Operation and soothing Environment.
Learned about the customer Service And its procedures
help desk and customer complain handling
also worked under management trainee.
help minded co workers and dedicated to jobs.
the most enjoyable movement is make customer satisfaction and fantastic service by me..
Good company
IPC Marketing LEAD Coordinator (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 23, 2014
Pros: excellent benies
Cons: floating schedule, timeshare marketing
Marketers are placed at onsite locations where Hotel Branded people are visiting. Marketers are moved to various locations, rarely work at one set building. I learned that this is a compensation business. You must hit your quota to retain your employment. High turn over business, not everyone likes it and even those who like it do not always manage – more... to reach goal. Face to face marketing and soliciting time share presentations, this is not always easy work no matter who you are. Income can be lucrative and the hours are manageable. Each week you will get a new schedule. It is a floating schedule so it does not always work in your favor. IPC Lead Marketer ensures that the team is diligent in performance and helps them reach goals. Responsible for VPG and overall sales generated from sites. – less
Productive and fun place to work.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Los Angeles CaNovember 21, 2014
Pros: free lunches, and willing to work with your schedule
As my first time working at a hotel it gave me the chance to grow without having no experience whatsoever. I open myself to new challenges such as helping guest with special request such as room needs and what to do around the area. Management was the best they will also give me the opportunity to learn in there Reservation Department and Accounting – more... when it was needed. Loved my co-workers they where always there to help each others back and because of that we had our fun times. I consider the hardest part of my job is when there is no team work because trying to do everything on your own it just gets difficult. The most enjoyable part of my job will be knowing that by the end of my day i had accomplish other people needs. – less
AWESOME
Reservation Agent (Former Employee), Killeen, TXNovember 21, 2014
Pros: awesome management
Cons: technical issues
HILTON WORLDWIDE IS AN AWESOME COMPANY!!!! I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS COMPANY. I ACTUALLY GET HELP WHEN I NEED IT. IT'S AN EASY JOB. YOU GET TO WORK FROM HOME. THEY ALWAYS HAVE SPECIAL EVENTS FOR US. ITS JUST AWESOME :)
Productive, adaptability,i beleve in team work.
Casual (Trainee) (Current Employee), Hilton NairobiNovember 21, 2014
Pros: good working hours, daily meals.
Cons: small lockers, i do not like the uniforms.because of the sizes some are to big.
I mostly report to work at 6am in the morning of which i work for a minimum of 8 hours a day, 4 to 5 days a week.
I have improved my knowledge especially when it comes to customer service, because of dealing with different guests per day from different countries.
The management team is good and the co-workers too we always have team building which really – more... helps as to co-exist with one another at Hilton we are all Team Members not hotel staff.
Standing for a long period of time.
Dealing with all kinds of guests and also when it comes to food getting to see different cuisines especially when we have theme nights eg Out of Africa etc. – less
hierarchical.
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee), Centennial, CONovember 20, 2014
felt disconnected from the parent company Hilton and unclear about my role as an employee of a franchised hotel in connection with the Hilton company. felt quite archaic, the company as a whole. lack of innovation.
Fun and relaxed enviroment
GUEST SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 19, 2014
On a daily basis we are either scheduled in PBX (phones) or at the front desk. Management is really relaxed and very supportive. They are also very hands on. The co-workers here are very fun and always willing to help with any questions you may have. The hardest part of our jobs are sometimes the guests. They can be very demanding as this is a vacation – more... ownership and not a normal hotel. The most enjoyable part of my job is my co-workers. We are definitely a really fun dysfunctional family who all work together well. – less
Overworked and underpaid
Hilton Garden Inn Macon/Mercer University (Current Employee), Macon, GANovember 19, 2014
This hotel is very rarely fully staffed resulting in long hours. Hard work isn't commonly appreciated and a strong work ethic will very quickly be taken advantage of. The hotel itself is very nice. The clientele are usually laid back business travelers or Mercer University parents so you rarely have to deal with customer issues.
challenging yet fun
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee), Meridian, MSNovember 19, 2014
Pros: friendly enviroment
Cons: have nothing to comment on
Working at the Hilton each day, I was able to work and meet many people from all over the US. Working at the Hilton was such a joy that it was hard not to come to work with a smile. Everyone was friendly and the staff was very professional. I worked with events coming and going, as well as the restaurant day to day operations.

About Hilton Worldwide

Hilton Worldwide (formerly, Hilton Hotels Corporation) is a global hospitality company. It is owned by the Blackstone Group, a – Read more