Hilton Worldwide

Hilton Worldwide Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Houseperson
Houseperson/Housekeeping (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 16, 2014
Houseperson is responsible for: ensuring the cleanliness of guest floor corridors, foyers, stairwells, and public areas; assisting housekeepers in maintaining IHR's high standards of quality; stocking linen closets with amenities and supplies; and emptying housekeeping carts. I enjoy my job.
Nice Place to Work
Front Desk Agent/Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Aiken, SCNovember 16, 2014
Must have excellent customer service skills to succeed in this business.
Was a brand that was easily sold
Director of Catering (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 16, 2014
Pros: i worked at several hiltons i liked working at each
Cons: coming from marriott training i had to adjust
Complete paperwork from the night before functions, Set up the days
appointments. follow up with thank you letters for the past events
Follow up on all message and take care of any and all requests
A meeting with the staff to give and receive information
Management was always supportive of me.
Co-workers and I got along very well.
The hardest part of – more... the job was the hours
The most enjoyable part was the customer satisfaction – less
Productive Fun place to work with a great Team feel.
Reservation Sales Specialist (Current Employee), TampaNovember 15, 2014
Pros: hotel discounts
Cons: hours and management
Making reservation packages that increase profit and revenue for the Hilton hotels. I learned elite customer service skills. The hard part is finding which hotel to go when your off.
great employees
House Supervisor (Former Employee), Florence, KYNovember 14, 2014
great benefits, vacation time and pto days
discounted rates for other hotel stays
good company
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee), East Rutherford, NJNovember 14, 2014
decent management, poor benefits, flexible with schedule
Hilton Garden Inn is a very rewarding place to work for
Breakfast Server (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLNovember 14, 2014
Pros: the pay, the benefits, the guests
Cons: no breaks, worked 6 to 7 days a week the whole year (no time off)
I was able to meet a variety of people from all over the world. I had wonderful lasting and meaningful conversations with every passing guest. I served my guests and enjoyed every minute of it. My co-workers were helpful and always there to lend a helping hand even outside of their department. Management was very hands-on with their operations and making – more... sure their employees received as much gratification as the guests did. Hardest thing about this job was saying goodbye to long-term guests that you've come to know and they'd have to head back home to another country/state after months of living at the hotel. It was a very rewarding experience. – less
Learned a lot
Revenue Analyst (Current Employee), Omaha, NENovember 13, 2014
I had several lateral moves within the organization which allowed me to learn a lot.
Great Work From Home Job
Reservations Sales Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 12, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: less money, not challenging enough
This position allowed me to work from home, and provide quality customer service for Hilton Reservation. I learned a lot about the Hotel industry and locations, excellent management to work for with the option for advancement, if you worked in the office. The most difficult part of the job was working from home, I am a person that needed more a challenge – more... and more of an interaction with people and this was not challenging enough for me. – less
Bad management
Food & Beverage Associate (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VANovember 12, 2014
Pros: food, employee events.
Cons: management; no advancement.
Working in an understaffed restaurant. Overworked, and under appreciated. I didn't learn much I already didn't know about cooking, just added more ideas to the usual menu but my ideas were usually shot down by F&B managers who need to save money for their bonuses.
Bad managers, a revolving door for F&B. Laziness or constant vacations in management, – more... except for the maintenance team and HR/accountant. No quarterly reviews on time.
Co-workers are great except one.
Hardest part of the job is working with these managers.
I enjoy working with the crew, they're nice people. – less
So far so good.
Gift Shop Attendant (Current Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 11, 2014
Pros: easy job, travel perks, free meal each day
Cons: sometimes can be boring/monotonous
I've been here about 3 months working part-time at Embassy Suites. I saw the other review from a Gift Shop Attendant here.... They said it was unproductive. Well we are going into the off season now and it does get REALLY slow and boring sometimes so I'm guessing that is what they mean by that. It's not a very large store, so there is not a lot to do – more... sometimes. I have had no trouble with management, but I try to keep to myself, keep my head down, do what I need to do, and go home. The pay is good as it is a very easy job to do. We do get a free meal each day we work in the employee cafeteria. It's hit or miss... I always try to bring a can of soup with me in case it's a miss that day! Travel benefits for employees and their family members are awesome although I have not had a chance to take advantage of them yet. There are ways to get "bonuses." Each month they pick a person who has submitted the best "bright idea" and also if you refer someone who is employed for so many days you get a bonus. There are other great perks as well! My fellow co-workers are nice. I usually work by myself so I don't have a lot of interaction with other employees. That doesn't bother me though. Less chance for drama that way!! It can be a little monotonous, but I like my job. I like meeting and talking with guests visiting Myrtle Beach from all over the world. Looking forward to advancing to a full time position here in the future. :) – less
A nice hotel where you meet nice people
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Egg Harbor Township, NJNovember 11, 2014
Pros: free breakfast, free dinner, employee discounts, nice cozy atmosphere
Cons: short breaks, no breaks, healthcare
-A typical work day for me consist of running reports, checking guest in, answering phones, ringing up store sales, helping in housekeeping or in the kitchen, stocking and taking inventory, watching the door, and cash handling.
- I learned a lot about revenue and sales, learned to up-sale, promote, learned housekeeping, cross trained in night audit
- – more... I have had some good managers and some bad
- I love my co-workers
- There wasn't a hard part because we all worked as a team to make task light for each other
- I enjoyed my day all day – less
Fun workplace
Room Attendant (Former Employee), AberdeenNovember 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches, easy journey
A typical day at work would be to arrive on time, collect daily rota from supervisor/office. Go to the laundry & get everything needed for the day into my trolley including all cleaning supplies and tea/coffee.
I have a very strong attention to detail & fast pace worker.
I enjoyed reporting to my supervisor each day with problems that need solving, – more... and working in a team helping co-workers to make sure all jobs are finished in time. – less
Productive as usual, meet few friends, fun and happy.
Chief Engineer (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKNovember 10, 2014
Pros: dealing and meeting outside contractor is good.
Cons: benefits is okay
Everyday it just a normal routine day to day work.
What I learned to this company is I can call or ask help to another Hilton Hotels maintenance for additional support.
Departmental management always have meeting for advancement or improvement to the property.
The hardest part of the job is when power outrage happen.
I enjoy working to this company – more... because you can learn multiple skills and fun to work with different and friendly people. – less
Productive and fast pace environmentment.
Server/Hostess (Current Employee), McDonough, GANovember 10, 2014
Pros: 50% off on emlpoyee dinner
The hardest part of my job, is when the customer's have to go. at the Hilton Garden Inn the customers are price less.
Hotel Receptionist
Hilton Head, SC (Former Employee), Hilton Garden InnNovember 9, 2014
Pros: loved working with the public
Cons: poor management, no hours
 Greets, registers, and assign rooms to guests in a courteous and efficient manner.
 Issues room key
 Date stamps, sorts, and racks incoming mail and messages.
 Performs task outlines on daily checklist.
 Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests, shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
 Directs or – more... escorts guest to various facilities and functions in the hotel.
 Keeps records of room availability and guests’ accounts.
 Computes bill, collects payment, and makes change for guests.
 Posts charges such as room, food, liquor, or telephone to ledger.
 Data Management System E-standby – less
inbound and outbound sales representative
Outbound sales advisor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 8, 2014
Improved communication skills. Excellent working environment.
Great job for a college student
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Renton, WANovember 7, 2014
Flexible hours and variety of shifts. Great perks. Enjoyed most guests and constant customer service interactions.
A DAY AT HILTON
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARNovember 6, 2014
From beginning to end your day to day job at Hilton is always extremely busy from taking multiple phone calls to answering complaints or compliments to checking guest in or out of the hotel. I enjoyed working for Hilton and wouldn't mind working for them again.
Long hours, but good environment
Conference and Events Associate (Former Employee), Cardiff, WLSNovember 6, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: long hours
Working long hours until 2-3am was not ideal
The job was quite fun and always something to do

About Hilton Worldwide

Hilton Worldwide (formerly, Hilton Hotels Corporation) is a global hospitality company. It is owned by the Blackstone Group, a – Read more