Hilton Worldwide Employee Reviews

Very Poorly Run
Server (Former Employee) –  Nisku28 November 2013
Took weeks to get tips then had to argue why they were owed, would not hire additional staff, poorly run kitchen with terrible cleanliness. Only reason Job Security is rated 5 is because there was no one else to work.
Pros
Higher than industry average wage.
Fast pace team driven atmosphere
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Toronto ON23 March 2013
Working at the Hilton was a fun experience, I enjoy interacting with many people and various customers. Was stress free for most part as long as you stay on top of your duties. Customers would tip often and staff kitchen would give out meals on occasion to co-workers. Im used to a more physical routine so the Hilton was a breeze and I actually had a good time while working there
Pros
tips and sometimes free lunch
Cons
some months in the year can be dead to witch hours are reduced
great benefits, good training
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON22 August 2015
very busy, great place to learn customer facing skills as well as cross selling techniques.
gives you an opportunity to learn about empathy but learn to also be cautions of your actions.
Fun workplace
Dishwasher and Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 July 2014
Typical day started with checking to see if my refill bin had everything I needed to stock my cart Take bin up to the floor i was working on and put everything on my cart then i went over my room list. Clean 4-5 rooms before breaks and lunch, replenish cart at break.and lunch time. at end of my shift I would make a list of everything I needed to stock my cart for the next day. once back downstairs I would go over my list and put what's needed in refill bin and be done for the day. my co-workers were always there if needed help.
Amazing
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Toronto25 January 2014
Amazing. Great place to work. Great management. Great place to grow your career.
Great Brand To Work For!
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Edmonton International Airport Leduc1 November 2013
I definitely have learned a lot from the Hilton University and the training classes they have. In the Hospitality industry Hilton is way above the five Star range. Empowerment of employees helps career driven people like me thrive in that kind of environment.
Pros
Love the industry
New manager fired me true he feared I could take his job.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Mont-Tremblant, QC31 March 2014
Hilton hires a hotel managent company. It became apparent that they where renting rooms to resort staff off the books under the table. They brought in a new manager who lied about having trouble with cettain employees to get rid of them because they're more capable than the boss. They also leave one person alone all night, when its impossible to leave the front desk unattended considering guest information confidentiality.
Pros
Great company, OnQ.
Cons
No references.
Great Work Environment
Night Auditor - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON25 June 2015
Business culture is very achievement oriented marked by a lot of mutual respect and teamwork. The environment enforces you to grow and develop problem solving skills.
Good work environment
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 March 2014
my co-workers are nice and help me when I need it. the most enjoyable part of my day is when i get to make muffins and i have learned that in a kitchen you have to have very fast hand movements.
Pros
learning new skills
Cons
Hilton is the place to build your career.
Property Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2012
I have worked two properties in Toronto areas and it was a pleasant experience was a constantlearning experience.

I am very well trained on ONQ system from front desk to Accounting.

I would prefer to work for Hilton and Hilton brands.
Pros
working for hilton is very exciting, when you are a people person, you come across people from all over the world.
Cons
dealing with a guest on billing issue, for which he agrred to pay and disputes at the time of checkout.
Productive and busy
General Manager -Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences (Current Employee) –  Cairo10 January 2013
Real school.
everyday you learn a new thing
you see your co-workers more than your family.
Pros
exeperince
Cons
challengable, keep you busy, prestegious company, graet training
General Manager -Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences (Current Employee) –  Cairo13 May 2013
- Busy day, full of challenge and learning.
- To be professional, Management, Patience.
- Great mix of co-workers
- Not enough time for private life.
- Challenges, celebarate success
Harder than I thought
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 December 2013
Working at the Hilton was a solitary job with little interaction with clients. The work was a lot harder than I'd expected. Management was great, but I can't same the same for my co-workers as we had little in common
Pros
Good work oout
Cons
Never knew when your shift ended
was fun
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 January 2013
housekeeping is awesome as i love cleaning, its fun traing girls how to clean and get a routine to work faster. ehotel is different so this one was all about detail and very clean, i loved it. there was nothing hard about the job unless people called in sick then there work load piled onto yours but it just worked out to more pay. the best part of the job is cleaning and going at your pace, my speacialty is cleaning..
Pros
your own pace
Cons
some places dont pay well
Fun working as a front desk at the Hilton Hotel
Front desk agent, reservation agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 July 2012
The co-workers are very friendly.
I love talking to customers.
Love answering questions and solving problems.
The hardest part of my job is standing all day for 8 hours everyday.
I've learned so much about the customer service, the company, every different departments.
Pros
free breakfasts and lunches
Cons
standing for long period
to obtain a housekeeping in hotel or inn.
Work in the Housekeeping Department (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PA15 May 2013
When I started working at the Hilton hotel in the housekeeping department (March to June 2010) the first week was training by doing 6 rooms per day. The second week, I started doing 16 rooms per day at work. I met new friends from many countries such as Italy, Spain,and Vietnam. They are all pretty nice people. It was a lot of hard work , but I enjoyed and liked it.
One of the best
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Cairo17 August 2012
During working in the Hilton, I met people from all over the world coming to wetness the culture and the history that is the greatest in the world, very fast paced, very exciting and fun, these also were the best years I enjoyed working there.
friendly good work enviroment with friendly staff
Guest service agent (Former Employee) –  edmonton8 September 2014
friendly staff, great bennifits, nut little room for advancement.
Pros
zzzzz
Cons
zzzzzzz
great enjoyable
Valet/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON28 June 2015
enjoyable place to work with a great team. The hours are consistent for the summer months and the managers are willing to work with you.
Hampton Inn & Suites - Downtown Vancouver Robson Street
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 December 2012
Very poor atmosphere to work in.
Micromanaging.
No hours.
Unorganized hotel.
Worst management to work for.
Pros
great guests
Cons
management