Hilton Worldwide Employee Reviews

Energetic and Organized workplace
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa OntarioDecember 6, 2013
I work in the housekeeping department as a room attendant. I clean guest rooms which include making beds, cleaning the bathroom, dusting and vacuuming. I learned how to work independently and efficiently. The management is excellent they are friendly, approachable and always willing to help. My co-workers are friendly, hard working and helpful I have made life long friends with many of my co-workers. I don't find anything too difficult but if I had to pick it would be deep cleaning the guest rooms. I enjoy everything about being a room attendant. appreciation
Pros
staff appreciation day
Cons
physicaly demanding
Very Poorly Run
Server (Former Employee) –  NiskuNovember 28, 2013
Took weeks to get tips then had to argue why they were owed, would not hire additional staff, poorly run kitchen with terrible cleanliness. Only reason Job Security is rated 5 is because there was no one else to work.
Pros
higher than industry average wage.
Great Brand To Work For!
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Edmonton International Airport LeducNovember 1, 2013
I definitely have learned a lot from the Hilton University and the training classes they have. In the Hospitality industry Hilton is way above the five Star range. Empowerment of employees helps career driven people like me thrive in that kind of environment.
Pros
love the industry
swimming pool with jacuzzi
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  uk surreyOctober 31, 2013
i learned a lot about wines, co workers were very helpful. an energetic place to work. lots of employ benefits where offered
Pros
good working environment
Cons
I did love the high-standards of expectation and of general organization
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 16, 2013
Make sure that all staff are present,and properly dressed,
make sure that all duties are accomplished to perfection.
Check and confirm some Reservations.
Receive all Guests in a professional manner and follow the service
till they leave the premises, to make sure they leave satisfy.
My co-workers were always professionaly helpful and courteous,
team-work was our motto.
As a middle-management Position, the hardest part of the job was,and is,to keep a proper Balance between costs and revenue,
between Executive Management,Employees,Union-rules and excellent service to the Guests.
I have,and I do enjoy seeing satisfied Guests, and receiving some
compliments from my Boss regarding my cooperation and help to
make my department a success.
Pros
excellent recognition for the management staff
Cons
dealing with some very difficult inebriated guests...
Proactive and Fun Place to work
Guest Service Agent - Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  London, ONJuly 21, 2013
Really Nice place to work, Management team and Co Works all work hard and are a good team to work with.

The Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with a great team and meeting different people that come and stay at the Hotel.
Room attendance/Massage
Room attendance/Massage (Former Employee) –  toronto,on,canadaJune 22, 2013
Looking for job to prove myself as a good service.I always try to give best service to customer & co-worker,always careful my duty.I enjoy my job & learning new clind.
Pros
Cons
any
to obtain a housekeeping in hotel or inn.
Work in the Housekeeping Department (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 15, 2013
When I started working at the Hilton hotel in the housekeeping department (March to June 2010) the first week was training by doing 6 rooms per day. The second week, I started doing 16 rooms per day at work. I met new friends from many countries such as Italy, Spain,and Vietnam. They are all pretty nice people. It was a lot of hard work , but I enjoyed and liked it.
challengable, keep you busy, prestegious company, graet training
General Manager -Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences (Current Employee) –  CairoMay 13, 2013
- Busy day, full of challenge and learning.
- To be professional, Management, Patience.
- Great mix of co-workers
- Not enough time for private life.
- Challenges, celebarate success
Fast pace team driven atmosphere
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Toronto ONMarch 23, 2013
Working at the Hilton was a fun experience, I enjoy interacting with many people and various customers. Was stress free for most part as long as you stay on top of your duties. Customers would tip often and staff kitchen would give out meals on occasion to co-workers. Im used to a more physical routine so the Hilton was a breeze and I actually had a good time while working there
Pros
tips and sometimes free lunch
Cons
some months in the year can be dead to witch hours are reduced
good hospitality environment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONMarch 21, 2013
This hotel had an inviting hospitality environment with friendly fellow houskeepers that worked with you to get the job done.
Pros
havin a lunch area
Cons
labour
good
# Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  toronto bramptonFebruary 23, 2013
always busy; most of the guests are nice and friendly; my direct supervisor was not very cooperating but overall it was a good team; hardest part of the job was there was, i did not get any break but it was not that bad cause it was all paid; most enjoyable part was to meet new and interesting people
Pros
good benefits
Cons
too busy
Review for the Hilton I work at...
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONFebruary 20, 2013
All Hilton hotels are different but I have rated based on the hotel I work at currently. The company who owns the hotel has expanded to other properties causing cutbacks in hours, which has impacted hotel morale and quality.There is no Human Resources department so if there are any issues between employees, it can cause a conflict of interest if the main managers are involved.

The employees, who are the heart of the hotel, are great to work with and deserve the best.
Co-workers are amazing; most enjoyable part of the job is working with them and conversing with return guests who I have befriended.

Management is poor.

Typical day at work: Answer emails, try to retrieve money from outstanding accounts, deal with any issues at front desk etc.

Hardest part of the job is fixing issues with the Hilton system that no one knows how to fix (even Hilton), as well as dealing with conflicts between managers.
Pros
benefits, great staff, hotel discounts, experience
Cons
managers, cheap company (franchise)
Experience in customer relations
House Keeping- House Person (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2013
Most of the time I have to deal with guests' request, which gave me a good experience in customer relations.
Pros
flexible
Cons
hard work and working hours are not guranteed
They know how to treat employees and recognize/appreciate hard work.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  windsor, onFebruary 4, 2013
Great place to work! Staff are very friendly and go out of their way to make you feel part of their team. They make it "fun" to work for them.
Productive and busy
General Manager -Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences (Current Employee) –  CairoJanuary 10, 2013
Real school.
everyday you learn a new thing
you see your co-workers more than your family.
Pros
exeperince
was fun
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 3, 2013
housekeeping is awesome as i love cleaning, its fun traing girls how to clean and get a routine to work faster. ehotel is different so this one was all about detail and very clean, i loved it. there was nothing hard about the job unless people called in sick then there work load piled onto yours but it just worked out to more pay. the best part of the job is cleaning and going at your pace, my speacialty is cleaning..
Pros
your own pace
Cons
some places dont pay well
Hampton Inn & Suites - Downtown Vancouver Robson Street
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 23, 2012
Very poor atmosphere to work in.
Micromanaging.
No hours.
Unorganized hotel.
Worst management to work for.
Pros
great guests
Cons
management
Provide Guests good service and make them feel home away from home
Front Desk Agent Intern (Former Employee) –  MontralDecember 22, 2012
Usually we do these things every single day
1.Compile and check daily record sheets
2.Register arriving and check-out guests.
3.Provide information to guests
Pros
free food
Cons
long hours and have to stand aii the time
Hostile work environment
Front Office Mngr. & Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 30, 2012
good enough place to work but depending on the property it can be very hostile, cold shoulders, unfair game paly, and all around high school soap opera to be around.