Hilton Worldwide Employee Reviews

Hard work at a hard place
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC9 April 2014
In the hotel business, there isn't really a typical day at work. I found that the Housekeeping department suffered in their ability to work together as a team. In my opinion, I feel that many decisions were made in fear of a union that has enabled lazy workers. The management has partially changed, and will continue to change as replacements are made. Some co-workers were hard-working individuals, while others often slacked off. I found the hardest part of the job to be the major culture in housekeeping, it's uncomfortable to have others around you speaking in punjabi when you don't understand the language. The most enjoyable part of the job, was the work itself and the pride you feel when leaving your clean room.
Pros
Lunches (deducted from pay), Benefits, Decent wage
Cons
English not often spoken by co-workers/supervisors, Overworked, Unionized
New manager fired me true he feared I could take his job.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Mont-Tremblant, QC31 March 2014
Hilton hires a hotel managent company. It became apparent that they where renting rooms to resort staff off the books under the table. They brought in a new manager who lied about having trouble with cettain employees to get rid of them because they're more capable than the boss. They also leave one person alone all night, when its impossible to leave the front desk unattended considering guest information confidentiality.
Pros
Great company, OnQ.
Cons
No references.
Good work environment
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 March 2014
my co-workers are nice and help me when I need it. the most enjoyable part of my day is when i get to make muffins and i have learned that in a kitchen you have to have very fast hand movements.
Pros
learning new skills
Alright Place to work
Supervisor/Assistant Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK2 March 2014
It is an alright place to work. Altough some advancement is available, wages in general are low. My wage went up by 3% per year, while the price to live in saskatoon was at least double that.
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2014
I owe everything I know in Hospitality to SoHo Metropolitan Hotel. They believed in me by hiring me full time after my internship. I worked my way up and became the Assistant Front Office Manager.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Large group of friendly helpfull fellow workers
Duty manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne23 February 2014
Very good staff training, working mostly night shifts limited social life and days off would be spent catching up on sleep
Pros
Quite often free tickets to tennis matchs
Cons
Night shift, eating and sleeping badly, very little social life
Amazing
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Toronto25 January 2014
Amazing. Great place to work. Great management. Great place to grow your career.
Harder than I thought
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 December 2013
Working at the Hilton was a solitary job with little interaction with clients. The work was a lot harder than I'd expected. Management was great, but I can't same the same for my co-workers as we had little in common
Pros
Good work oout
Cons
Never knew when your shift ended
Energetic and Organized workplace
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa Ontario6 December 2013
I work in the housekeeping department as a room attendant. I clean guest rooms which include making beds, cleaning the bathroom, dusting and vacuuming. I learned how to work independently and efficiently. The management is excellent they are friendly, approachable and always willing to help. My co-workers are friendly, hard working and helpful I have made life long friends with many of my co-workers. I don't find anything too difficult but if I had to pick it would be deep cleaning the guest rooms. I enjoy everything about being a room attendant. appreciation
Pros
Staff appreciation day
Cons
Physicaly demanding
Very Poorly Run
Server (Former Employee) –  Nisku28 November 2013
Took weeks to get tips then had to argue why they were owed, would not hire additional staff, poorly run kitchen with terrible cleanliness. Only reason Job Security is rated 5 is because there was no one else to work.
Pros
Higher than industry average wage.
Great Brand To Work For!
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Edmonton International Airport Leduc1 November 2013
I definitely have learned a lot from the Hilton University and the training classes they have. In the Hospitality industry Hilton is way above the five Star range. Empowerment of employees helps career driven people like me thrive in that kind of environment.
Pros
Love the industry
swimming pool with jacuzzi
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  uk surrey31 October 2013
i learned a lot about wines, co workers were very helpful. an energetic place to work. lots of employ benefits where offered
Pros
good working environment
Cons
I did love the high-standards of expectation and of general organization
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 August 2013
Make sure that all staff are present,and properly dressed,
make sure that all duties are accomplished to perfection.
Check and confirm some Reservations.
Receive all Guests in a professional manner and follow the service
till they leave the premises, to make sure they leave satisfy.
My co-workers were always professionaly helpful and courteous,
team-work was our motto.
As a middle-management Position, the hardest part of the job was,and is,to keep a proper Balance between costs and revenue,
between Executive Management,Employees,Union-rules and excellent service to the Guests.
I have,and I do enjoy seeing satisfied Guests, and receiving some
compliments from my Boss regarding my cooperation and help to
make my department a success.
Pros
excellent recognition for the Management Staff
Cons
dealing with some very difficult inebriated Guests...
Proactive and Fun Place to work
Guest Service Agent - Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  London, ON21 July 2013
Really Nice place to work, Management team and Co Works all work hard and are a good team to work with.

The Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with a great team and meeting different people that come and stay at the Hotel.
Room attendance/Massage
Room attendance/Massage (Former Employee) –  toronto,on,canada22 June 2013
Looking for job to prove myself as a good service.I always try to give best service to customer & co-worker,always careful my duty.I enjoy my job & learning new clind.
Pros
Cons
any
to obtain a housekeeping in hotel or inn.
Work in the Housekeeping Department (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PA15 May 2013
When I started working at the Hilton hotel in the housekeeping department (March to June 2010) the first week was training by doing 6 rooms per day. The second week, I started doing 16 rooms per day at work. I met new friends from many countries such as Italy, Spain,and Vietnam. They are all pretty nice people. It was a lot of hard work , but I enjoyed and liked it.
challengable, keep you busy, prestegious company, graet training
General Manager -Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences (Current Employee) –  Cairo13 May 2013
- Busy day, full of challenge and learning.
- To be professional, Management, Patience.
- Great mix of co-workers
- Not enough time for private life.
- Challenges, celebarate success
Fast pace team driven atmosphere
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Toronto ON23 March 2013
Working at the Hilton was a fun experience, I enjoy interacting with many people and various customers. Was stress free for most part as long as you stay on top of your duties. Customers would tip often and staff kitchen would give out meals on occasion to co-workers. Im used to a more physical routine so the Hilton was a breeze and I actually had a good time while working there
Pros
tips and sometimes free lunch
Cons
some months in the year can be dead to witch hours are reduced
good hospitality environment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON21 March 2013
This hotel had an inviting hospitality environment with friendly fellow houskeepers that worked with you to get the job done.
Pros
havin a lunch area
Cons
labour
good
# Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  toronto brampton23 February 2013
always busy; most of the guests are nice and friendly; my direct supervisor was not very cooperating but overall it was a good team; hardest part of the job was there was, i did not get any break but it was not that bad cause it was all paid; most enjoyable part was to meet new and interesting people
Pros
good benefits
Cons
too busy