Hilton Worldwide Employee Reviews in Canada

REVIEW
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  MississaugaJuly 30, 2014
- accounts receivable - day to day operations
- talk to the suppliers to resolve any issues
-pay on a timely manner
- participate in weekly meeting with the team
- organize events and take participate in the trainning sessions
Pros
excellent exposure
Cons
salary is not enough
Fun workplace
Dishwasher and Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 24, 2014
Typical day started with checking to see if my refill bin had everything I needed to stock my cart Take bin up to the floor i was working on and put everything on my cart then i went over my room list. Clean 4-5 rooms before breaks and lunch, replenish cart at break.and lunch time. at end of my shift I would make a list of everything I needed to stock my cart for the next day. once back downstairs I would go over my list and put what's needed in refill bin and be done for the day. my co-workers were always there if needed help.
Hilton Hotel
HOTEL SERVER, HES Banquet Staff (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 18, 2014
- Banquet Server, Server people the food and Drinks
- Clean up after the events
Fun place to work
Front Desk Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJune 11, 2014
A typical day at work for a morning shift would be coming in, printing off reports, setting up guest packages for all of the day's check-ins, ordering newspapers, maintaining a clean working space, calling other local hotels for their availabilities for the day, helping guests with their check-outs, and receiving phone calls and emails to set up/cancel reservations.

For an evening shift a typical work day would be helping guests with check-ins, printing off reports, helping guests with any questions they have, receiving phone calls and emails to set up/cancel reservations, and maintaining a clean working space.
Work with honesty
Housekeeping Person (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 2, 2014
Working with sincerely, Honesty & hard working -
doing well in job -
getting inspired to work -
helping co-workers -
Hard work at a hard place
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BCApril 9, 2014
In the hotel business, there isn't really a typical day at work. I found that the Housekeeping department suffered in their ability to work together as a team. In my opinion, I feel that many decisions were made in fear of a union that has enabled lazy workers. The management has partially changed, and will continue to change as replacements are made. Some co-workers were hard-working individuals, while others often slacked off. I found the hardest part of the job to be the major culture in housekeeping, it's uncomfortable to have others around you speaking in punjabi when you don't understand the language. The most enjoyable part of the job, was the work itself and the pride you feel when leaving your clean room.
Pros
lunches (deducted from pay), benefits, decent wage
Cons
english not often spoken by co-workers/supervisors, overworked, unionized
New manager fired me true he feared I could take his job.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Mont-Tremblant, QCMarch 31, 2014
Hilton hires a hotel managent company. It became apparent that they where renting rooms to resort staff off the books under the table. They brought in a new manager who lied about having trouble with cettain employees to get rid of them because they're more capable than the boss. They also leave one person alone all night, when its impossible to leave the front desk unattended considering guest information confidentiality.
Pros
great company, onq.
Cons
no references.
Good work environment
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 6, 2014
my co-workers are nice and help me when I need it. the most enjoyable part of my day is when i get to make muffins and i have learned that in a kitchen you have to have very fast hand movements.
Pros
learning new skills
Alright Place to work
Supervisor/Assistant Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMarch 2, 2014
It is an alright place to work. Altough some advancement is available, wages in general are low. My wage went up by 3% per year, while the price to live in saskatoon was at least double that.
N/A
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 28, 2014
I owe everything I know in Hospitality to SoHo Metropolitan Hotel. They believed in me by hiring me full time after my internship. I worked my way up and became the Assistant Front Office Manager.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Large group of friendly helpfull fellow workers
Duty manager (Former Employee) –  MelbourneFebruary 23, 2014
Very good staff training, working mostly night shifts limited social life and days off would be spent catching up on sleep
Pros
quite often free tickets to tennis matchs
Cons
night shift, eating and sleeping badly, very little social life
Amazing
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  TorontoJanuary 25, 2014
Amazing. Great place to work. Great management. Great place to grow your career.
Harder than I thought
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 23, 2013
Working at the Hilton was a solitary job with little interaction with clients. The work was a lot harder than I'd expected. Management was great, but I can't same the same for my co-workers as we had little in common
Pros
good work oout
Cons
never knew when your shift ended
Energetic and Organized workplace
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa OntarioDecember 6, 2013
I work in the housekeeping department as a room attendant. I clean guest rooms which include making beds, cleaning the bathroom, dusting and vacuuming. I learned how to work independently and efficiently. The management is excellent they are friendly, approachable and always willing to help. My co-workers are friendly, hard working and helpful I have made life long friends with many of my co-workers. I don't find anything too difficult but if I had to pick it would be deep cleaning the guest rooms. I enjoy everything about being a room attendant. appreciation
Pros
staff appreciation day
Cons
physicaly demanding
Very Poorly Run
Server (Former Employee) –  NiskuNovember 28, 2013
Took weeks to get tips then had to argue why they were owed, would not hire additional staff, poorly run kitchen with terrible cleanliness. Only reason Job Security is rated 5 is because there was no one else to work.
Pros
higher than industry average wage.
Great Brand To Work For!
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Edmonton International Airport LeducNovember 1, 2013
I definitely have learned a lot from the Hilton University and the training classes they have. In the Hospitality industry Hilton is way above the five Star range. Empowerment of employees helps career driven people like me thrive in that kind of environment.
Pros
love the industry
swimming pool with jacuzzi
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  uk surreyOctober 31, 2013
i learned a lot about wines, co workers were very helpful. an energetic place to work. lots of employ benefits where offered
Pros
good working environment
Cons
I did love the high-standards of expectation and of general organization
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 16, 2013
Make sure that all staff are present,and properly dressed,
make sure that all duties are accomplished to perfection.
Check and confirm some Reservations.
Receive all Guests in a professional manner and follow the service
till they leave the premises, to make sure they leave satisfy.
My co-workers were always professionaly helpful and courteous,
team-work was our motto.
As a middle-management Position, the hardest part of the job was,and is,to keep a proper Balance between costs and revenue,
between Executive Management,Employees,Union-rules and excellent service to the Guests.
I have,and I do enjoy seeing satisfied Guests, and receiving some
compliments from my Boss regarding my cooperation and help to
make my department a success.
Pros
excellent recognition for the management staff
Cons
dealing with some very difficult inebriated guests...
Proactive and Fun Place to work
Guest Service Agent - Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  London, ONJuly 21, 2013
Really Nice place to work, Management team and Co Works all work hard and are a good team to work with.

The Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with a great team and meeting different people that come and stay at the Hotel.
Room attendance/Massage
Room attendance/Massage (Former Employee) –  toronto,on,canadaJune 22, 2013
Looking for job to prove myself as a good service.I always try to give best service to customer & co-worker,always careful my duty.I enjoy my job & learning new clind.
Pros
Cons
any