Hilton Worldwide Employee Reviews

good environment
night Auditor (Current Employee) –  500 niagara on the lake13 January 2016
a good company to start with. They provide clean and quiet environment to work. It good for entry level. They have to proviede more working opportunities
great place to work if you can work independently
house person (Former Employee) –  London,ON7 December 2015
Day starts with pulling out work carts, stocking with chemicals, all stock and linens. Start cleaning all public areas, usually bathrooms first. Lobby, dining room, hallways, elevators. Ph levels are checked every hour for the spa, every two hours for the pool. Afternoons, room cleaning. Hard work, but very fun, just doing your own thing, listening to the radio, singing, while you do your work.
To sum it all up we we're like a family, working together as one
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB19 August 2015
- enjoyed every minute there
- great work environment
- learnt to work by myself and as a group
- management would always do more then their responsibilities really were
- everyone was friendly there (all departments)
- the hardest part of the day was when and if you ran out of clean linen
- the best part of the day was our break, when we got to socialize
I did love the high-standards of expectation and of general organization
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 August 2013
Make sure that all staff are present,and properly dressed,
make sure that all duties are accomplished to perfection.
Check and confirm some Reservations.
Receive all Guests in a professional manner and follow the service
till they leave the premises, to make sure they leave satisfy.
My co-workers were always professionaly helpful and courteous,
team-work was our motto.
As a middle-management Position, the hardest part of the job was,and is,to keep a proper Balance between costs and revenue,
between Executive Management,Employees,Union-rules and excellent service to the Guests.
I have,and I do enjoy seeing satisfied Guests, and receiving some
compliments from my Boss regarding my cooperation and help to
make my department a success.
Pros
excellent recognition for the Management Staff
Cons
dealing with some very difficult inebriated Guests...
Hilton Worldwide
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Legal Assistant6 October 2015
Hilton is a great company to work for. I love working within the legal team, they provide great support, career development options and are generally a wonderful Company to work for.
...
Guest Service Specialist / Reservations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2015
Hilton Seattle • Seattle, WA • 1/14/2005 - 10/20/2009 Revenue Management / Reservations / Concierge / Guest Services
■ Concierge for a well reputable institution in the downtown core, taking responsibility of a large number of guest requests and vacation planning
■ Maintained full knowledge of all various restaurants, transportation options, nightclubs, live theater, cinema, shopping centers, religious worship institutions, tourist attractions etc. based on desired key attributes.
■ Worked as backup to banquet department with duties including set up and break down of room setup, serving, and administrative tasks.
Great Experience as a Employee for Security
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON15 September 2014
Going to work at the Hilton as a Security Guard is basically like home, you get to know your co-workers like their your family because you work with them everyday and have each others back everyday also cause were such a small team and we are all easy to get along with.
Security at the Hilton has bin such a good experience because we basically deal with everything that an police officer has to do on a regular bases like reports on personal injuries, missing property and also hotel disturbance like evictions/fights/intoxicated guest.
Working at the Hilton which is such a high diversity of culture that I've got to learn so many religions and guest cultures where some place work places you wouldn't get to learn about the world.
Pros
people you get to work with
Cons
no lunch breaks but get deducted lunch off pay
Proactive and Fun Place to work
Guest Service Agent - Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  London, ON21 July 2013
Really Nice place to work, Management team and Co Works all work hard and are a good team to work with.

The Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with a great team and meeting different people that come and stay at the Hotel.
great
Head chef/Banquet supervisior (Current Employee) –  niagara on the lake11 June 2015
great place to work good training job security is great upper regional management is great good people good training cant complian every places needs imporovemnt pahy could be alot better
Energetic and Organized workplace
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa Ontario6 December 2013
I work in the housekeeping department as a room attendant. I clean guest rooms which include making beds, cleaning the bathroom, dusting and vacuuming. I learned how to work independently and efficiently. The management is excellent they are friendly, approachable and always willing to help. My co-workers are friendly, hard working and helpful I have made life long friends with many of my co-workers. I don't find anything too difficult but if I had to pick it would be deep cleaning the guest rooms. I enjoy everything about being a room attendant. appreciation
Pros
Staff appreciation day
Cons
Physicaly demanding
Alright Place to work
Supervisor/Assistant Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK2 March 2014
It is an alright place to work. Altough some advancement is available, wages in general are low. My wage went up by 3% per year, while the price to live in saskatoon was at least double that.
Great Environment
Room Attendant / Busser (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON26 January 2015
Working at the Hilton in their restaurant called The Watermark was really quite fun.

I was able to interact with guests and loved working in the fast paced environment.
I was able to learn about different cultural people here and this is where I learned how to work well as a team player. I obtained skills in how to set up tables for high class maintenance as well as how to manage my time in order to get things done quickly and efficiently.

The hardest part about this job for me was learning that sometimes following the instructions of the manager opposed to the other servers was actually less productive. This was a test that my manager actually put me through in order to create understanding that I was there to help the servers throughout my shift.

I do really like the restaurant environment. I really enjoy working in a fast paced environment and as a team player.

I do not have much to say about being a room attendant. It is not something I enjoyed doing.
Pros
free food
Cons
not enough hours
Great Group of people to work with!
Server (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB26 August 2015
I love my job at the Hilton . I work with a great team ! Management is also great. Unfortunately there just isn't enough hours.
high pace enviroment
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 August 2015
emphasis to much on incoming guests but not on over all employees well being.

I have learned how to multitask in high stress environment without little support from others.

Great benefit package
Pros
Great benefit package
Cons
emphasis to much on incoming guests but not on over all employees well being
Great Environment to work in
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON15 August 2015
I really enjoyed working for this hotel. The work environment and the people who I worked with were absolutely awesome. I learned how to Operate the OnQ P.M.S. and I completed the Hilton University for the Guest Service Agent. All the managers were very understanding and tentative to all of the staff and guest needs.
Fun place to work
Front Desk Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON11 June 2014
A typical day at work for a morning shift would be coming in, printing off reports, setting up guest packages for all of the day's check-ins, ordering newspapers, maintaining a clean working space, calling other local hotels for their availabilities for the day, helping guests with their check-outs, and receiving phone calls and emails to set up/cancel reservations.

For an evening shift a typical work day would be helping guests with check-ins, printing off reports, helping guests with any questions they have, receiving phone calls and emails to set up/cancel reservations, and maintaining a clean working space.
Love the brand
Operations (Current Employee) –  Mississauga28 July 2015
Great place to work with amazing co workers., all have the drive to achieve superior customer service.

Wish was more recognition of successes and rewards for accomplishments not necessarily monetary.

Not able to wow all guests at all times, might be better if had more support from ownership.
Pros
Meeting new and returning guests
Cons
ownership support
If you can work independently, you can.
Night Auditor/Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON5 February 2015
Great place to work. Co-workers are awesome, and it's different every day. The customers are interesting,
You are expected to work well both in a team setting and at times on your own. And as long as you can handle that, they show you appreciation for your effort.
Pros
Management treats you well.
Cons
Long time spent on your feet.
housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  hayward ca29 September 2014
Clean rooms and bathrooms with prescribed equipment and to the required standard replace supply and toiletries I offer a strong cleaning and maintenance skills in order to maximize effort good time management skills courteous with clients , residents and staff sound ability to perform physically demanding chores willing to stretch existing working hours to accommodate work.
Very Poorly Run
Server (Former Employee) –  Nisku28 November 2013
Took weeks to get tips then had to argue why they were owed, would not hire additional staff, poorly run kitchen with terrible cleanliness. Only reason Job Security is rated 5 is because there was no one else to work.
Pros
Higher than industry average wage.