Hilton Worldwide
1,652 reviews

Hilton Worldwide Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good company although a bit rigid
Director of Finance (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKDecember 19, 2012
I enjoyed working at the Hilton and the SEC environment. My team at this position was fairly small and enjoyed every team member. I strived to challenge my employees and make them better team members.
Hostile work environment
Front Office Mngr. & Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 30, 2012
good enough place to work but depending on the property it can be very hostile, cold shoulders, unfair game paly, and all around high school soap opera to be around.
good
housekeeping associate (Former Employee), Chennai, TNNovember 6, 2012
when i was joined into the industry then only i learned a lot in about housekeeping department.
Training
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), NicosiaOctober 16, 2012
Pros: free lunch and dinner
Cons: long hours
I worked in one of the biggest Hotel chains of the world. The Hilton Group. I worked in one of the Hilton in Nicosia, Cyprus. That time i just finished my Diploma in Hotel Management and i was sent to Hilton as a part of placement and training. First i started as a waiter in a Banquet. I worked there for few days and then i was shifted to kitchen department. – more... In kitchen i worked in the washing department and also worked as a helper to the Chefs, especially when there is a cocktail and Dinner & Dance parties for larger groups. That time the hardest part of my job was to prepare the snacks for cocktail under chefs supervision (For eg: preparing steaks on the grill or preparing chicken tikka on the grill at about 200 degrees). I feel very proud at the end when the chef use to say "Well done" at the end.. – less
Busy fast pace and fun.
Head Chef on night shift (Former Employee), Saint John’s Church, ENGOctober 15, 2012
Wonderful people and great food.
Very busy and a fun place to work. Co workers willing to help at anytime.
The hardest part of the day was the cleaning at the end of a very busy night .
I enjoyed this job very much.
hilton fun
Dishwasher (Current Employee), Cairo, ONSeptember 20, 2012
Pros: s
Cons: 8
it is a great hotel and i have experince from work there and have more skills
Hostess
Hostess (Former Employee), Markham, ONSeptember 6, 2012
Greet customer and find the write seating for them
Responsible for all cash duties including daily closing balance and deposit
Answer all call's within three wringing, get all reservation promptly
Successfully handled all customer relations issues
Take all the room orders and forward them to room service department
One of the best
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee), CairoAugust 17, 2012
During working in the Hilton, I met people from all over the world coming to wetness the culture and the history that is the greatest in the world, very fast paced, very exciting and fun, these also were the best years I enjoyed working there.
Good opportunities
Maintenance Person/Houseperson (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJuly 31, 2012
Pros: gained a good amount of experience
Cons: very loud and talkative housekeepers
A good place to work and interact. Friendly environment with great guests and fair wages.
Hilton is the place to build your career.
Property Accountant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 17, 2012
Pros: working for hilton is very exciting, when you are a people person, you come across people from all over the world.
Cons: dealing with a guest on billing issue, for which he agrred to pay and disputes at the time of checkout.
I have worked two properties in Toronto areas and it was a pleasant experience was a constantlearning experience.

I am very well trained on ONQ system from front desk to Accounting.

I would prefer to work for Hilton and Hilton brands.
professional and fun workplace
Leicester as Food and Beverage Assistant (Current Employee), Leicester, ENGJuly 17, 2012
I have learnt how to take care of minute things in the service industry to make the service even better.
Fun working as a front desk at the Hilton Hotel
Front desk agent, reservation agent (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 11, 2012
Pros: free breakfasts and lunches
Cons: standing for long period
The co-workers are very friendly.
I love talking to customers.
Love answering questions and solving problems.
The hardest part of my job is standing all day for 8 hours everyday.
I've learned so much about the customer service, the company, every different departments.
need to review
Greenskeeper (Current Employee), Sharjah, SHJune 28, 2012
Pros: okay
Cons: good
I have a very bad experience during work in Hilton sharjah UAE. Not good !
first job from catering collage
Junior Sous Chef (Former Employee), hilton ukJune 5, 2012
Pros: working with some of the best
Cons: i carnet think of any
this was my first chef job straight from collage it was a big offer i learnt the reason i want to become a chef and this is were it started my co workers helped me soak up all the knolage i needed for my future
it was a productive and funny place to work in
Sales Manager, Conrad & Hilton City hotels (Former Employee), CairoMay 24, 2012
Pros: nice community
I have liked the company's culture and values as it sync with mine
Great atmosphere, wonderful employees ,and great managers
Desk-side Support Intern (Former Employee), Tysons Corner, VAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: free lunch and breakfast at times
Cons: the fast pace of the job
A typical day at work starts at 8:30am with staffs exchanging greetings and smiles as they enter their cubes and offices. Hilton is all about working hard and playing hard. Very results, customer satisfaction and attention to detail oriented. And a very time conscious organization.
hilton taught me a lot of things, but the most prominent of them is – more... great job ethics and accountability.
the management style at hilton is one of the greatest. they are of the opinion that the success of the organization depends on their employees being at their best,so they spare no expense when it comes to their employees. they have a very open door style of management.
Hilton has a very diversified workforce. Co-workers are very friendly and warm.
The hardest part about the job is how fast paced it can be sometimes.
the most enjoyable part of the job are the users and how warm they are. – less
Carrying staff and supportive team
Room Attendant (Former Employee), 255 Cortland Atlanta GAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: free lunches but overall a great environment to work in
Cons: to be honest its nothing i can really say i love the hilton family
I can remember when i started at the Hilton my trainer was great at what she does. its all about teamwork with the Hilton staff . its all about hospitality. my thirded day in i kinda missed something that i was supposed to do and my trainer went behind me and told me how nice of a worker i was and that i was coming along very well but she fix what i – more... made a mistake on. – less
Productive workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kennewick, WAJuly 26, 2014
I had great coworkers that i enjoyed working with. I learned a lot while i was working there, it was a good experience. I met a lot of great people that would check into the hotel. The best part of the job was when a guest would check in and i got free passes to the boat races. The hardest part was learning how to do the reports.
fast paced and rather fun workplace with great company
Dishwasher/Busser (Former Employee), Temple, TXJuly 25, 2014
Pros: free 30 minute lunch, uniform provided including non slip shoes, good pay, and great environment
Cons: hard work, constant piles of dishes, high expectations.
a typical day is difficult for a dishwasher once the rush started coming. One cannot keep up with all the work but the automatic washer made it easier to keep up and alot more sanitary.
I learned to really appreciate the kitchen staff for no job in the back is ever as easy as it looks.
Management was good and great to talk to if you have any questions – more... or concerns and handled everything with grace and understanding.
Co-workers were pleasant and funny, often talking amongst eachother, helping when someone asks.
The hardest part was that all of the oil and grease in the air made me ill quite often making work difficult as i have to keep everything sanitary and when your pace was broken
the most enjoyable part was, even through the rushes you can get into a comfortable and quick pace, easily broken but it was still one of the most enjoyable parts of it. – less
Business Clientele Hotel
Restaurant/Bar Supervisor (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 25, 2014
Pros: hotel discounts
Cons: short-staffed
Steady repeated business hotel. Managing and coaching staff in order to create a safe and professional work environment under Hilton Policy and Handbook Limitations. Having a professional outlook and still having fun with staff and customers, Making an enjoyable workplace more attractive towards guest and my team.

About Hilton Worldwide

Hilton Worldwide (formerly, Hilton Hotels Corporation) is a global hospitality company. It is owned by the Blackstone Group, a – Read more