Hilton Worldwide

Hilton Worldwide Employee Reviews in Canada

Great Environment
Room Attendant / Busser (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 26, 2015
Working at the Hilton in their restaurant called The Watermark was really quite fun.

I was able to interact with guests and loved working in the fast paced environment.
I was able to learn about different cultural people here and this is where I learned how to work well as a team player. I obtained skills in how to set up tables for high class maintenance as well as how to manage my time in order to get things done quickly and efficiently.

The hardest part about this job for me was learning that sometimes following the instructions of the manager opposed to the other servers was actually less productive. This was a test that my manager actually put me through in order to create understanding that I was there to help the servers throughout my shift.

I do really like the restaurant environment. I really enjoy working in a fast paced environment and as a team player.

I do not have much to say about being a room attendant. It is not something I enjoyed doing.
Pros
free food
Cons
not enough hours
Amazing
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  TorontoJanuary 25, 2014
Amazing. Great place to work. Great management. Great place to grow your career.
great enjoyable
Valet/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONJune 28, 2015
enjoyable place to work with a great team. The hours are consistent for the summer months and the managers are willing to work with you.
housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  hayward caSeptember 29, 2014
Clean rooms and bathrooms with prescribed equipment and to the required standard replace supply and toiletries I offer a strong cleaning and maintenance skills in order to maximize effort good time management skills courteous with clients , residents and staff sound ability to perform physically demanding chores willing to stretch existing working hours to accommodate work.
good
# Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  toronto bramptonFebruary 23, 2013
always busy; most of the guests are nice and friendly; my direct supervisor was not very cooperating but overall it was a good team; hardest part of the job was there was, i did not get any break but it was not that bad cause it was all paid; most enjoyable part was to meet new and interesting people
Pros
good benefits
Cons
too busy
Alright Place to work
Supervisor/Assistant Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMarch 2, 2014
It is an alright place to work. Altough some advancement is available, wages in general are low. My wage went up by 3% per year, while the price to live in saskatoon was at least double that.
REVIEW
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  MississaugaJuly 30, 2014
- accounts receivable - day to day operations
- talk to the suppliers to resolve any issues
-pay on a timely manner
- participate in weekly meeting with the team
- organize events and take participate in the trainning sessions
Pros
excellent exposure
Cons
salary is not enough
Great Brand To Work For!
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Edmonton International Airport LeducNovember 1, 2013
I definitely have learned a lot from the Hilton University and the training classes they have. In the Hospitality industry Hilton is way above the five Star range. Empowerment of employees helps career driven people like me thrive in that kind of environment.
Pros
love the industry
Very Poorly Run
Server (Former Employee) –  NiskuNovember 28, 2013
Took weeks to get tips then had to argue why they were owed, would not hire additional staff, poorly run kitchen with terrible cleanliness. Only reason Job Security is rated 5 is because there was no one else to work.
Pros
higher than industry average wage.
Hilton Garden Inn Review
COOK (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 4, 2015
I have been able to work all around a hotel and know almost everything there is to know about Hospitality. I feel that I need to perfect my craft else where in order to excel myself and be at a more steady ground in order to complete such goals in my life.
Pros
free food
Cons
stressful environment
challengable, keep you busy, prestegious company, graet training
General Manager -Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences (Current Employee) –  CairoMay 13, 2013
- Busy day, full of challenge and learning.
- To be professional, Management, Patience.
- Great mix of co-workers
- Not enough time for private life.
- Challenges, celebarate success
Fun place to work
Front Desk Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJune 11, 2014
A typical day at work for a morning shift would be coming in, printing off reports, setting up guest packages for all of the day's check-ins, ordering newspapers, maintaining a clean working space, calling other local hotels for their availabilities for the day, helping guests with their check-outs, and receiving phone calls and emails to set up/cancel reservations.

For an evening shift a typical work day would be helping guests with check-ins, printing off reports, helping guests with any questions they have, receiving phone calls and emails to set up/cancel reservations, and maintaining a clean working space.
it was a productive and funny place to work in
Sales Manager, Conrad & Hilton City hotels (Former Employee) –  CairoMay 24, 2012
I have liked the company's culture and values as it sync with mine
Pros
nice community
Harder than I thought
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 23, 2013
Working at the Hilton was a solitary job with little interaction with clients. The work was a lot harder than I'd expected. Management was great, but I can't same the same for my co-workers as we had little in common
Pros
good work oout
Cons
never knew when your shift ended
Provide Guests good service and make them feel home away from home
Front Desk Agent Intern (Former Employee) –  MontralDecember 22, 2012
Usually we do these things every single day
1.Compile and check daily record sheets
2.Register arriving and check-out guests.
3.Provide information to guests
Pros
free food
Cons
long hours and have to stand aii the time
One of the best
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  CairoAugust 17, 2012
During working in the Hilton, I met people from all over the world coming to wetness the culture and the history that is the greatest in the world, very fast paced, very exciting and fun, these also were the best years I enjoyed working there.
Good work environment
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 6, 2014
my co-workers are nice and help me when I need it. the most enjoyable part of my day is when i get to make muffins and i have learned that in a kitchen you have to have very fast hand movements.
Pros
learning new skills
Cons
friendly good work enviroment with friendly staff
Guest service agent (Former Employee) –  edmontonSeptember 8, 2014
friendly staff, great bennifits, nut little room for advancement.
Pros
zzzzz
Cons
zzzzzzz
Operations Manager
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 8, 2015
Successfully lead 4 areas of the hotel including front desk, housekeeping, maintenance and food and beverage. Included in job responsibilities was :
Schedule Building
Checking Front desk standards
Franchise limiting compared to Corporate Operations
Operations Manager/Director (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2015
Working with Hilton Worldwide was an amazing experience. Such amazing and talented professionals. Working with a franchise owner is much different and quite limiting in your freedom to provide change and growth.