Hilton Worldwide Employee Reviews

I did love the high-standards of expectation and of general organization
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 16, 2013
Make sure that all staff are present,and properly dressed,
make sure that all duties are accomplished to perfection.
Check and confirm some Reservations.
Receive all Guests in a professional manner and follow the service
till they leave the premises, to make sure they leave satisfy.
My co-workers were always professionaly helpful and courteous,
team-work was our motto.
As a middle-management Position, the hardest part of the job was,and is,to keep a proper Balance between costs and revenue,
between Executive Management,Employees,Union-rules and excellent service to the Guests.
I have,and I do enjoy seeing satisfied Guests, and receiving some
compliments from my Boss regarding my cooperation and help to
make my department a success.
Pros
excellent recognition for the management staff
Cons
dealing with some very difficult inebriated guests...
Great Experience as a Employee for Security
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONSeptember 15, 2014
Going to work at the Hilton as a Security Guard is basically like home, you get to know your co-workers like their your family because you work with them everyday and have each others back everyday also cause were such a small team and we are all easy to get along with.
Security at the Hilton has bin such a good experience because we basically deal with everything that an police officer has to do on a regular bases like reports on personal injuries, missing property and also hotel disturbance like evictions/fights/intoxicated guest.
Working at the Hilton which is such a high diversity of culture that I've got to learn so many religions and guest cultures where some place work places you wouldn't get to learn about the world.
Pros
people you get to work with
Cons
no lunch breaks but get deducted lunch off pay
Proactive and Fun Place to work
Guest Service Agent - Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  London, ONJuly 21, 2013
Really Nice place to work, Management team and Co Works all work hard and are a good team to work with.

The Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with a great team and meeting different people that come and stay at the Hotel.
Energetic and Organized workplace
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa OntarioDecember 6, 2013
I work in the housekeeping department as a room attendant. I clean guest rooms which include making beds, cleaning the bathroom, dusting and vacuuming. I learned how to work independently and efficiently. The management is excellent they are friendly, approachable and always willing to help. My co-workers are friendly, hard working and helpful I have made life long friends with many of my co-workers. I don't find anything too difficult but if I had to pick it would be deep cleaning the guest rooms. I enjoy everything about being a room attendant. appreciation
Pros
staff appreciation day
Cons
physicaly demanding
Alright Place to work
Supervisor/Assistant Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMarch 2, 2014
It is an alright place to work. Altough some advancement is available, wages in general are low. My wage went up by 3% per year, while the price to live in saskatoon was at least double that.
Great Environment
Room Attendant / Busser (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 26, 2015
Working at the Hilton in their restaurant called The Watermark was really quite fun.

I was able to interact with guests and loved working in the fast paced environment.
I was able to learn about different cultural people here and this is where I learned how to work well as a team player. I obtained skills in how to set up tables for high class maintenance as well as how to manage my time in order to get things done quickly and efficiently.

The hardest part about this job for me was learning that sometimes following the instructions of the manager opposed to the other servers was actually less productive. This was a test that my manager actually put me through in order to create understanding that I was there to help the servers throughout my shift.

I do really like the restaurant environment. I really enjoy working in a fast paced environment and as a team player.

I do not have much to say about being a room attendant. It is not something I enjoyed doing.
Pros
free food
Cons
not enough hours
Great Work Environment
Night Auditor - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 25, 2015
Business culture is very achievement oriented marked by a lot of mutual respect and teamwork. The environment enforces you to grow and develop problem solving skills.
If you can work independently, you can.
Night Auditor/Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 5, 2015
Great place to work. Co-workers are awesome, and it's different every day. The customers are interesting,
You are expected to work well both in a team setting and at times on your own. And as long as you can handle that, they show you appreciation for your effort.
Pros
management treats you well.
Cons
long time spent on your feet.
Fun place to work
Front Desk Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJune 11, 2014
A typical day at work for a morning shift would be coming in, printing off reports, setting up guest packages for all of the day's check-ins, ordering newspapers, maintaining a clean working space, calling other local hotels for their availabilities for the day, helping guests with their check-outs, and receiving phone calls and emails to set up/cancel reservations.

For an evening shift a typical work day would be helping guests with check-ins, printing off reports, helping guests with any questions they have, receiving phone calls and emails to set up/cancel reservations, and maintaining a clean working space.
housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  hayward caSeptember 29, 2014
Clean rooms and bathrooms with prescribed equipment and to the required standard replace supply and toiletries I offer a strong cleaning and maintenance skills in order to maximize effort good time management skills courteous with clients , residents and staff sound ability to perform physically demanding chores willing to stretch existing working hours to accommodate work.
great enjoyable
Valet/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONJune 28, 2015
enjoyable place to work with a great team. The hours are consistent for the summer months and the managers are willing to work with you.
Very Poorly Run
Server (Former Employee) –  NiskuNovember 28, 2013
Took weeks to get tips then had to argue why they were owed, would not hire additional staff, poorly run kitchen with terrible cleanliness. Only reason Job Security is rated 5 is because there was no one else to work.
Pros
higher than industry average wage.
Fun workplace
Dishwasher and Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 24, 2014
Typical day started with checking to see if my refill bin had everything I needed to stock my cart Take bin up to the floor i was working on and put everything on my cart then i went over my room list. Clean 4-5 rooms before breaks and lunch, replenish cart at break.and lunch time. at end of my shift I would make a list of everything I needed to stock my cart for the next day. once back downstairs I would go over my list and put what's needed in refill bin and be done for the day. my co-workers were always there if needed help.
Provide Guests good service and make them feel home away from home
Front Desk Agent Intern (Former Employee) –  MontralDecember 22, 2012
Usually we do these things every single day
1.Compile and check daily record sheets
2.Register arriving and check-out guests.
3.Provide information to guests
Pros
free food
Cons
long hours and have to stand aii the time
Fast pace team driven atmosphere
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Toronto ONMarch 23, 2013
Working at the Hilton was a fun experience, I enjoy interacting with many people and various customers. Was stress free for most part as long as you stay on top of your duties. Customers would tip often and staff kitchen would give out meals on occasion to co-workers. Im used to a more physical routine so the Hilton was a breeze and I actually had a good time while working there
Pros
tips and sometimes free lunch
Cons
some months in the year can be dead to witch hours are reduced
Amazing
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  TorontoJanuary 25, 2014
Amazing. Great place to work. Great management. Great place to grow your career.
Great Brand To Work For!
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Edmonton International Airport LeducNovember 1, 2013
I definitely have learned a lot from the Hilton University and the training classes they have. In the Hospitality industry Hilton is way above the five Star range. Empowerment of employees helps career driven people like me thrive in that kind of environment.
Pros
love the industry
New manager fired me true he feared I could take his job.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Mont-Tremblant, QCMarch 31, 2014
Hilton hires a hotel managent company. It became apparent that they where renting rooms to resort staff off the books under the table. They brought in a new manager who lied about having trouble with cettain employees to get rid of them because they're more capable than the boss. They also leave one person alone all night, when its impossible to leave the front desk unattended considering guest information confidentiality.
Pros
great company, onq.
Cons
no references.
Good work environment
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 6, 2014
my co-workers are nice and help me when I need it. the most enjoyable part of my day is when i get to make muffins and i have learned that in a kitchen you have to have very fast hand movements.
Pros
learning new skills
Hilton Garden Inn Review
COOK (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 4, 2015
I have been able to work all around a hotel and know almost everything there is to know about Hospitality. I feel that I need to perfect my craft else where in order to excel myself and be at a more steady ground in order to complete such goals in my life.
Pros
free food
Cons
stressful environment