Hilton Worldwide Employee Reviews in Canada

n/a
Food & Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 13, 2014
Lead and developed the skills/ knowledge of subordinate staff/ individuals by
training them in teams of 5 - 20 people.
 Was Responsible for food related budget, forecast and cost control
 Established enhanced levels of product and services by creating sales promotions
and exclusive training to the employees.
 Developed and delivered customized programs for a wide range of clients.
 Was responsible to report directly to the Executive chef and the GM
Pros
learning lore about customer service
Cons
To sum it all up we we're like a family, working together as one
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABAugust 19, 2015
- enjoyed every minute there
- great work environment
- learnt to work by myself and as a group
- management would always do more then their responsibilities really were
- everyone was friendly there (all departments)
- the hardest part of the day was when and if you ran out of clean linen
- the best part of the day was our break, when we got to socialize
great place to work if you can work independently
house person (Former Employee) –  London,ONDecember 7, 2015
Day starts with pulling out work carts, stocking with chemicals, all stock and linens. Start cleaning all public areas, usually bathrooms first. Lobby, dining room, hallways, elevators. Ph levels are checked every hour for the spa, every two hours for the pool. Afternoons, room cleaning. Hard work, but very fun, just doing your own thing, listening to the radio, singing, while you do your work.
Hilton Worldwide
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Legal AssistantOctober 6, 2015
Hilton is a great company to work for. I love working within the legal team, they provide great support, career development options and are generally a wonderful Company to work for.
great
Head chef/Banquet supervisior (Current Employee) –  niagara on the lakeJune 11, 2015
great place to work good training job security is great upper regional management is great good people good training cant complian every places needs imporovemnt pahy could be alot better
Review for the Hilton I work at...
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONFebruary 20, 2013
All Hilton hotels are different but I have rated based on the hotel I work at currently. The company who owns the hotel has expanded to other properties causing cutbacks in hours, which has impacted hotel morale and quality.There is no Human Resources department so if there are any issues between employees, it can cause a conflict of interest if the main managers are involved.

The employees, who are the heart of the hotel, are great to work with and deserve the best.
Co-workers are amazing; most enjoyable part of the job is working with them and conversing with return guests who I have befriended.

Management is poor.

Typical day at work: Answer emails, try to retrieve money from outstanding accounts, deal with any issues at front desk etc.

Hardest part of the job is fixing issues with the Hilton system that no one knows how to fix (even Hilton), as well as dealing with conflicts between managers.
Pros
benefits, great staff, hotel discounts, experience
Cons
managers, cheap company (franchise)
Great Group of people to work with!
Server (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBAugust 26, 2015
I love my job at the Hilton . I work with a great team ! Management is also great. Unfortunately there just isn't enough hours.
...
Guest Service Specialist / Reservations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 10, 2015
Hilton Seattle • Seattle, WA • 1/14/2005 - 10/20/2009 Revenue Management / Reservations / Concierge / Guest Services
■ Concierge for a well reputable institution in the downtown core, taking responsibility of a large number of guest requests and vacation planning
■ Maintained full knowledge of all various restaurants, transportation options, nightclubs, live theater, cinema, shopping centers, religious worship institutions, tourist attractions etc. based on desired key attributes.
■ Worked as backup to banquet department with duties including set up and break down of room setup, serving, and administrative tasks.
Proactive and Fun Place to work
Guest Service Agent - Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  London, ONJuly 21, 2013
Really Nice place to work, Management team and Co Works all work hard and are a good team to work with.

The Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with a great team and meeting different people that come and stay at the Hotel.
Great Experience as a Employee for Security
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONSeptember 15, 2014
Going to work at the Hilton as a Security Guard is basically like home, you get to know your co-workers like their your family because you work with them everyday and have each others back everyday also cause were such a small team and we are all easy to get along with.
Security at the Hilton has bin such a good experience because we basically deal with everything that an police officer has to do on a regular bases like reports on personal injuries, missing property and also hotel disturbance like evictions/fights/intoxicated guest.
Working at the Hilton which is such a high diversity of culture that I've got to learn so many religions and guest cultures where some place work places you wouldn't get to learn about the world.
Pros
people you get to work with
Cons
no lunch breaks but get deducted lunch off pay
Great Work Environment
Night Auditor - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 25, 2015
Business culture is very achievement oriented marked by a lot of mutual respect and teamwork. The environment enforces you to grow and develop problem solving skills.
high pace enviroment
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 17, 2015
emphasis to much on incoming guests but not on over all employees well being.

I have learned how to multitask in high stress environment without little support from others.

Great benefit package
Pros
Great benefit package
Cons
emphasis to much on incoming guests but not on over all employees well being
I did love the high-standards of expectation and of general organization
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 16, 2013
Make sure that all staff are present,and properly dressed,
make sure that all duties are accomplished to perfection.
Check and confirm some Reservations.
Receive all Guests in a professional manner and follow the service
till they leave the premises, to make sure they leave satisfy.
My co-workers were always professionaly helpful and courteous,
team-work was our motto.
As a middle-management Position, the hardest part of the job was,and is,to keep a proper Balance between costs and revenue,
between Executive Management,Employees,Union-rules and excellent service to the Guests.
I have,and I do enjoy seeing satisfied Guests, and receiving some
compliments from my Boss regarding my cooperation and help to
make my department a success.
Pros
excellent recognition for the management staff
Cons
dealing with some very difficult inebriated guests...
Great Environment to work in
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ONAugust 15, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this hotel. The work environment and the people who I worked with were absolutely awesome. I learned how to Operate the OnQ P.M.S. and I completed the Hilton University for the Guest Service Agent. All the managers were very understanding and tentative to all of the staff and guest needs.
Love the brand
Operations (Current Employee) –  MississaugaJuly 28, 2015
Great place to work with amazing co workers., all have the drive to achieve superior customer service.

Wish was more recognition of successes and rewards for accomplishments not necessarily monetary.

Not able to wow all guests at all times, might be better if had more support from ownership.
Pros
Meeting new and returning guests
Cons
ownership support
Temporary
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONSeptember 22, 2015
Typical day resulted in repetitive tasks. Fit for an individual who does not mind doing the same thing over and over again, and speaking to angry customers.
What I learned
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 24, 2015
While working at the Hilton, I learned a lot. How to think fast, problem solve, work as a team. Definitely how to be organised and how to create great relationships with our guest. Working in the tourism industry is something I do well and strive in.
Energetic and Organized workplace
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa OntarioDecember 6, 2013
I work in the housekeeping department as a room attendant. I clean guest rooms which include making beds, cleaning the bathroom, dusting and vacuuming. I learned how to work independently and efficiently. The management is excellent they are friendly, approachable and always willing to help. My co-workers are friendly, hard working and helpful I have made life long friends with many of my co-workers. I don't find anything too difficult but if I had to pick it would be deep cleaning the guest rooms. I enjoy everything about being a room attendant. appreciation
Pros
staff appreciation day
Cons
physicaly demanding
great benefits, good training
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONAugust 22, 2015
very busy, great place to learn customer facing skills as well as cross selling techniques.
gives you an opportunity to learn about empathy but learn to also be cautions of your actions.
If you can work independently, you can.
Night Auditor/Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 5, 2015
Great place to work. Co-workers are awesome, and it's different every day. The customers are interesting,
You are expected to work well both in a team setting and at times on your own. And as long as you can handle that, they show you appreciation for your effort.
Pros
management treats you well.
Cons
long time spent on your feet.