Hilton Worldwide

2.9K reviews

Hilton Worldwide Employee Reviews

To sum it all up we we're like a family, working together as one
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABAugust 19, 2015
- enjoyed every minute there
- great work environment
- learnt to work by myself and as a group
- management would always do more then their responsibilities really were
- everyone was friendly there (all departments)
- the hardest part of the day was when and if you ran out of clean linen
- the best part of the day was our break, when we got to socialize
to obtain a housekeeping in hotel or inn.
Work in the Housekeeping Department (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 15, 2013
When I started working at the Hilton hotel in the housekeeping department (March to June 2010) the first week was training by doing 6 rooms per day. The second week, I started doing 16 rooms per day at work. I met new friends from many countries such as Italy, Spain,and Vietnam. They are all pretty nice people. It was a lot of hard work , but I enjoyed and liked it.
Fun working as a front desk at the Hilton Hotel
Front desk agent, reservation agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 11, 2012
The co-workers are very friendly.
I love talking to customers.
Love answering questions and solving problems.
The hardest part of my job is standing all day for 8 hours everyday.
I've learned so much about the customer service, the company, every different departments.
Pros
free breakfasts and lunches
Cons
standing for long period
If you can work independently, you can.
Night Auditor/Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 5, 2015
Great place to work. Co-workers are awesome, and it's different every day. The customers are interesting,
You are expected to work well both in a team setting and at times on your own. And as long as you can handle that, they show you appreciation for your effort.
Pros
management treats you well.
Cons
long time spent on your feet.
Love the brand
Operations (Current Employee) –  MississaugaJuly 28, 2015
Great place to work with amazing co workers., all have the drive to achieve superior customer service.

Wish was more recognition of successes and rewards for accomplishments not necessarily monetary.

Not able to wow all guests at all times, might be better if had more support from ownership.
Pros
Meeting new and returning guests
Cons
ownership support
Hilton Garden Inn Review
COOK (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 4, 2015
I have been able to work all around a hotel and know almost everything there is to know about Hospitality. I feel that I need to perfect my craft else where in order to excel myself and be at a more steady ground in order to complete such goals in my life.
Pros
free food
Cons
stressful environment
good
# Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  toronto bramptonFebruary 23, 2013
always busy; most of the guests are nice and friendly; my direct supervisor was not very cooperating but overall it was a good team; hardest part of the job was there was, i did not get any break but it was not that bad cause it was all paid; most enjoyable part was to meet new and interesting people
Pros
good benefits
Cons
too busy
housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  hayward caSeptember 29, 2014
Clean rooms and bathrooms with prescribed equipment and to the required standard replace supply and toiletries I offer a strong cleaning and maintenance skills in order to maximize effort good time management skills courteous with clients , residents and staff sound ability to perform physically demanding chores willing to stretch existing working hours to accommodate work.
first job from catering collage
Junior Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  hilton ukJune 5, 2012
this was my first chef job straight from collage it was a big offer i learnt the reason i want to become a chef and this is were it started my co workers helped me soak up all the knolage i needed for my future
Pros
working with some of the best
Cons
i carnet think of any
Good work environment
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 6, 2014
my co-workers are nice and help me when I need it. the most enjoyable part of my day is when i get to make muffins and i have learned that in a kitchen you have to have very fast hand movements.
Pros
learning new skills
Harder than I thought
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 23, 2013
Working at the Hilton was a solitary job with little interaction with clients. The work was a lot harder than I'd expected. Management was great, but I can't same the same for my co-workers as we had little in common
Pros
good work oout
Cons
never knew when your shift ended
Very Poorly Run
Server (Former Employee) –  NiskuNovember 28, 2013
Took weeks to get tips then had to argue why they were owed, would not hire additional staff, poorly run kitchen with terrible cleanliness. Only reason Job Security is rated 5 is because there was no one else to work.
Pros
higher than industry average wage.
Great Brand To Work For!
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Edmonton International Airport LeducNovember 1, 2013
I definitely have learned a lot from the Hilton University and the training classes they have. In the Hospitality industry Hilton is way above the five Star range. Empowerment of employees helps career driven people like me thrive in that kind of environment.
Pros
love the industry
Provide Guests good service and make them feel home away from home
Front Desk Agent Intern (Former Employee) –  MontralDecember 22, 2012
Usually we do these things every single day
1.Compile and check daily record sheets
2.Register arriving and check-out guests.
3.Provide information to guests
Pros
free food
Cons
long hours and have to stand aii the time
Large group of friendly helpfull fellow workers
Duty manager (Former Employee) –  MelbourneFebruary 23, 2014
Very good staff training, working mostly night shifts limited social life and days off would be spent catching up on sleep
Pros
quite often free tickets to tennis matchs
Cons
night shift, eating and sleeping badly, very little social life
Proactive and Fun Place to work
Guest Service Agent - Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  London, ONJuly 21, 2013
Really Nice place to work, Management team and Co Works all work hard and are a good team to work with.

The Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with a great team and meeting different people that come and stay at the Hotel.
Great Environment to work in
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ONAugust 15, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this hotel. The work environment and the people who I worked with were absolutely awesome. I learned how to Operate the OnQ P.M.S. and I completed the Hilton University for the Guest Service Agent. All the managers were very understanding and tentative to all of the staff and guest needs.
What I learned
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 24, 2015
While working at the Hilton, I learned a lot. How to think fast, problem solve, work as a team. Definitely how to be organised and how to create great relationships with our guest. Working in the tourism industry is something I do well and strive in.
Alright Place to work
Supervisor/Assistant Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMarch 2, 2014
It is an alright place to work. Altough some advancement is available, wages in general are low. My wage went up by 3% per year, while the price to live in saskatoon was at least double that.
One of the best
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  CairoAugust 17, 2012
During working in the Hilton, I met people from all over the world coming to wetness the culture and the history that is the greatest in the world, very fast paced, very exciting and fun, these also were the best years I enjoyed working there.