Hilton Worldwide

Hilton Worldwide Employee Reviews in Canada

great
Head chef/Banquet supervisior (Current Employee) –  niagara on the lakeJune 11, 2015
great place to work good training job security is great upper regional management is great good people good training cant complian every places needs imporovemnt pahy could be alot better
Great Group of people to work with!
Server (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBAugust 26, 2015
I love my job at the Hilton . I work with a great team ! Management is also great. Unfortunately there just isn't enough hours.
n/a
Food & Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 13, 2014
Lead and developed the skills/ knowledge of subordinate staff/ individuals by
training them in teams of 5 - 20 people.
 Was Responsible for food related budget, forecast and cost control
 Established enhanced levels of product and services by creating sales promotions
and exclusive training to the employees.
 Developed and delivered customized programs for a wide range of clients.
 Was responsible to report directly to the Executive chef and the GM
Pros
learning lore about customer service
high pace enviroment
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 17, 2015
emphasis to much on incoming guests but not on over all employees well being.

I have learned how to multitask in high stress environment without little support from others.

Great benefit package
Pros
Great benefit package
Cons
emphasis to much on incoming guests but not on over all employees well being
Great Environment to work in
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ONAugust 15, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this hotel. The work environment and the people who I worked with were absolutely awesome. I learned how to Operate the OnQ P.M.S. and I completed the Hilton University for the Guest Service Agent. All the managers were very understanding and tentative to all of the staff and guest needs.
Temporary
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONSeptember 22, 2015
Typical day resulted in repetitive tasks. Fit for an individual who does not mind doing the same thing over and over again, and speaking to angry customers.
REVIEW
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  MississaugaJuly 30, 2014
- accounts receivable - day to day operations
- talk to the suppliers to resolve any issues
-pay on a timely manner
- participate in weekly meeting with the team
- organize events and take participate in the trainning sessions
Pros
excellent exposure
Cons
salary is not enough
Love the brand
Operations (Current Employee) –  MississaugaJuly 28, 2015
Great place to work with amazing co workers., all have the drive to achieve superior customer service.

Wish was more recognition of successes and rewards for accomplishments not necessarily monetary.

Not able to wow all guests at all times, might be better if had more support from ownership.
Pros
Meeting new and returning guests
Cons
ownership support
What I learned
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 24, 2015
While working at the Hilton, I learned a lot. How to think fast, problem solve, work as a team. Definitely how to be organised and how to create great relationships with our guest. Working in the tourism industry is something I do well and strive in.
great benefits, good training
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONAugust 22, 2015
very busy, great place to learn customer facing skills as well as cross selling techniques.
gives you an opportunity to learn about empathy but learn to also be cautions of your actions.
good
# Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  toronto bramptonFebruary 23, 2013
always busy; most of the guests are nice and friendly; my direct supervisor was not very cooperating but overall it was a good team; hardest part of the job was there was, i did not get any break but it was not that bad cause it was all paid; most enjoyable part was to meet new and interesting people
Pros
good benefits
Cons
too busy
swimming pool with jacuzzi
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  uk surreyOctober 31, 2013
i learned a lot about wines, co workers were very helpful. an energetic place to work. lots of employ benefits where offered
Pros
good working environment
Great Work Environment
Night Auditor - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 25, 2015
Business culture is very achievement oriented marked by a lot of mutual respect and teamwork. The environment enforces you to grow and develop problem solving skills.
...
Guest Service Specialist / Reservations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 10, 2015
Hilton Seattle • Seattle, WA • 1/14/2005 - 10/20/2009 Revenue Management / Reservations / Concierge / Guest Services
■ Concierge for a well reputable institution in the downtown core, taking responsibility of a large number of guest requests and vacation planning
■ Maintained full knowledge of all various restaurants, transportation options, nightclubs, live theater, cinema, shopping centers, religious worship institutions, tourist attractions etc. based on desired key attributes.
■ Worked as backup to banquet department with duties including set up and break down of room setup, serving, and administrative tasks.
great enjoyable
Valet/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONJune 28, 2015
enjoyable place to work with a great team. The hours are consistent for the summer months and the managers are willing to work with you.
Great Environment
Room Attendant / Busser (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 26, 2015
Working at the Hilton in their restaurant called The Watermark was really quite fun.

I was able to interact with guests and loved working in the fast paced environment.
I was able to learn about different cultural people here and this is where I learned how to work well as a team player. I obtained skills in how to set up tables for high class maintenance as well as how to manage my time in order to get things done quickly and efficiently.

The hardest part about this job for me was learning that sometimes following the instructions of the manager opposed to the other servers was actually less productive. This was a test that my manager actually put me through in order to create understanding that I was there to help the servers throughout my shift.

I do really like the restaurant environment. I really enjoy working in a fast paced environment and as a team player.

I do not have much to say about being a room attendant. It is not something I enjoyed doing.
Pros
free food
Cons
not enough hours
If you can work independently, you can.
Night Auditor/Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 5, 2015
Great place to work. Co-workers are awesome, and it's different every day. The customers are interesting,
You are expected to work well both in a team setting and at times on your own. And as long as you can handle that, they show you appreciation for your effort.
Pros
management treats you well.
Cons
long time spent on your feet.
Great Experience as a Employee for Security
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONSeptember 15, 2014
Going to work at the Hilton as a Security Guard is basically like home, you get to know your co-workers like their your family because you work with them everyday and have each others back everyday also cause were such a small team and we are all easy to get along with.
Security at the Hilton has bin such a good experience because we basically deal with everything that an police officer has to do on a regular bases like reports on personal injuries, missing property and also hotel disturbance like evictions/fights/intoxicated guest.
Working at the Hilton which is such a high diversity of culture that I've got to learn so many religions and guest cultures where some place work places you wouldn't get to learn about the world.
Pros
people you get to work with
Cons
no lunch breaks but get deducted lunch off pay
I did love the high-standards of expectation and of general organization
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 16, 2013
Make sure that all staff are present,and properly dressed,
make sure that all duties are accomplished to perfection.
Check and confirm some Reservations.
Receive all Guests in a professional manner and follow the service
till they leave the premises, to make sure they leave satisfy.
My co-workers were always professionaly helpful and courteous,
team-work was our motto.
As a middle-management Position, the hardest part of the job was,and is,to keep a proper Balance between costs and revenue,
between Executive Management,Employees,Union-rules and excellent service to the Guests.
I have,and I do enjoy seeing satisfied Guests, and receiving some
compliments from my Boss regarding my cooperation and help to
make my department a success.
Pros
excellent recognition for the management staff
Cons
dealing with some very difficult inebriated guests...
Alright Place to work
Supervisor/Assistant Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMarch 2, 2014
It is an alright place to work. Altough some advancement is available, wages in general are low. My wage went up by 3% per year, while the price to live in saskatoon was at least double that.