Hilton Worldwide

Hilton Worldwide Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Operations Manager
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 8, 2015
Successfully lead 4 areas of the hotel including front desk, housekeeping, maintenance and food and beverage. Included in job responsibilities was :
Schedule Building
Checking Front desk standards
Hilton Garden Inn Review
COOK (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 4, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: stressful environment
I have been able to work all around a hotel and know almost everything there is to know about Hospitality. I feel that I need to perfect my craft else where in order to excel myself and be at a more steady ground in order to complete such goals in my life.
If you can work independently, you can.
Night Auditor/Duty Manager (Current Employee), London, ONFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: management treats you well.
Cons: long time spent on your feet.
Great place to work. Co-workers are awesome, and it's different every day. The customers are interesting,
You are expected to work well both in a team setting and at times on your own. And as long as you can handle that, they show you appreciation for your effort.
Great Environment
Room Attendant / Busser (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: not enough hours
Working at the Hilton in their restaurant called The Watermark was really quite fun.

I was able to interact with guests and loved working in the fast paced environment.
I was able to learn about different cultural people here and this is where I learned how to work well as a team player. I obtained skills in how to set up tables for high class maintenance as well as how to manage my time in order to get things done quickly and efficiently.

The hardest part about this job for me was learning that sometimes following the instructions of the manager opposed to the other servers was actually less productive. This was a test that my manager actually put me through in order to create understanding that I was there to help the servers throughout my shift.

I do really like the restaurant environment. I really enjoy working in a fast paced environment and as a team player.

I do not have much to say about being a room attendant. It is not something I enjoyed doing.
Franchise limiting compared to Corporate Operations
Operations Manager/Director (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2015
Working with Hilton Worldwide was an amazing experience. Such amazing and talented professionals. Working with a franchise owner is much different and quite limiting in your freedom to provide change and growth.
...
Guest Service Specialist / Reservations (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 10, 2015
Hilton Seattle • Seattle, WA • 1/14/2005 - 10/20/2009 Revenue Management / Reservations / Concierge / Guest Services
■ Concierge for a well reputable institution in the downtown core, taking responsibility of a large number of guest requests and vacation planning
■ Maintained full knowledge of all various restaurants, transportation options, nightclubs, live theater, cinema, shopping centers, religious worship institutions, tourist attractions etc. based on desired key attributes.
■ Worked as backup to banquet department with duties including set up and break down of room setup, serving, and administrative tasks.
The hotel was a great place to work except for the management unfortunately was not present while we ran the department he did not manage the dept
Housekeeping Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Leduc,AlbertaOctober 31, 2014
Was a good place to work my staff worked really hard and they were very easy to work with.
hello
Prep Cook (Former Employee), London, ONOctober 28, 2014
My typical day would involve turning on all the equipment that is needed, bring everything I need to the line and then set up for service. then I would start with the daily prep that is needed for the rest of the day. Always thinking of what will take more time then other things. making soups, stocks, start cooking larger cuts of meat cutting veg and other partial cooks that are needed.

I like working with fun and happy co workers. The hardest part of the job is going home. The most enjoyable part of the day is cooking for people and getting a very great compliment.

The management part of my career has been minimal to this point, but I'm responsible and motivated to pick up the things I'm not used to doing or haven't learned in school already.

I've always been the kind of person that has picked up what ever has been taught my way. What I've learned is what kind of manager I would like to be
n/a
Food & Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 13, 2014
Pros: learning lore about customer service
Cons: long hours
Lead and developed the skills/ knowledge of subordinate staff/ individuals by
training them in teams of 5 - 20 people.
 Was Responsible for food related budget, forecast and cost control
 Established enhanced levels of product and services by creating sales promotions
and exclusive training to the employees.
 Developed and delivered customized programs for a wide range of clients.
 Was responsible to report directly to the Executive chef and the GM
housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee), hayward caSeptember 29, 2014
Clean rooms and bathrooms with prescribed equipment and to the required standard replace supply and toiletries I offer a strong cleaning and maintenance skills in order to maximize effort good time management skills courteous with clients , residents and staff sound ability to perform physically demanding chores willing to stretch existing working hours to accommodate work.
Great Experience as a Employee for Security
Security Officer (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: people you get to work with
Cons: no lunch breaks but get deducted lunch off pay
Going to work at the Hilton as a Security Guard is basically like home, you get to know your co-workers like their your family because you work with them everyday and have each others back everyday also cause were such a small team and we are all easy to get along with.
Security at the Hilton has bin such a good experience because we basically deal with everything that an police officer has to do on a regular bases like reports on personal injuries, missing property and also hotel disturbance like evictions/fights/intoxicated guest.
Working at the Hilton which is such a high diversity of culture that I've got to learn so many religions and guest cultures where some place work places you wouldn't get to learn about the world.
friendly good work enviroment with friendly staff
Guest service agent (Former Employee), edmontonSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: zzzzz
Cons: zzzzzzz
friendly staff, great bennifits, nut little room for advancement.
REVIEW
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee), MississaugaJuly 30, 2014
Pros: excellent exposure
Cons: salary is not enough
- accounts receivable - day to day operations
- talk to the suppliers to resolve any issues
-pay on a timely manner
- participate in weekly meeting with the team
- organize events and take participate in the trainning sessions
Fun workplace
Dishwasher and Room Attendant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 24, 2014
Typical day started with checking to see if my refill bin had everything I needed to stock my cart Take bin up to the floor i was working on and put everything on my cart then i went over my room list. Clean 4-5 rooms before breaks and lunch, replenish cart at break.and lunch time. at end of my shift I would make a list of everything I needed to stock my cart for the next day. once back downstairs I would go over my list and put what's needed in refill bin and be done for the day. my co-workers were always there if needed help.
Hilton Hotel
HOTEL SERVER, HES Banquet Staff (Former Employee), London, ONJune 18, 2014
- Banquet Server, Server people the food and Drinks
- Clean up after the events
Fun place to work
Front Desk Guest Services Agent (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJune 11, 2014
A typical day at work for a morning shift would be coming in, printing off reports, setting up guest packages for all of the day's check-ins, ordering newspapers, maintaining a clean working space, calling other local hotels for their availabilities for the day, helping guests with their check-outs, and receiving phone calls and emails to set up/cancel reservations.

For an evening shift a typical work day would be helping guests with check-ins, printing off reports, helping guests with any questions they have, receiving phone calls and emails to set up/cancel reservations, and maintaining a clean working space.
Work with honesty
Housekeeping Person (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 2, 2014
Working with sincerely, Honesty & hard working -
doing well in job -
getting inspired to work -
helping co-workers -
Hard work at a hard place
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Whistler, BCApril 9, 2014
Pros: lunches (deducted from pay), benefits, decent wage
Cons: english not often spoken by co-workers/supervisors, overworked, unionized
In the hotel business, there isn't really a typical day at work. I found that the Housekeeping department suffered in their ability to work together as a team. In my opinion, I feel that many decisions were made in fear of a union that has enabled lazy workers. The management has partially changed, and will continue to change as replacements are made. Some co-workers were hard-working individuals, while others often slacked off. I found the hardest part of the job to be the major culture in housekeeping, it's uncomfortable to have others around you speaking in punjabi when you don't understand the language. The most enjoyable part of the job, was the work itself and the pride you feel when leaving your clean room.
New manager fired me true he feared I could take his job.
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Mont-Tremblant, QCMarch 31, 2014
Pros: great company, onq.
Cons: no references.
Hilton hires a hotel managent company. It became apparent that they where renting rooms to resort staff off the books under the table. They brought in a new manager who lied about having trouble with cettain employees to get rid of them because they're more capable than the boss. They also leave one person alone all night, when its impossible to leave the front desk unattended considering guest information confidentiality.
Good work environment
Co-op Student (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 6, 2014
Pros: learning new skills
Cons: long hours
my co-workers are nice and help me when I need it. the most enjoyable part of my day is when i get to make muffins and i have learned that in a kitchen you have to have very fast hand movements.

1 2 3

About Hilton Worldwide

Hilton Worldwide is one of the largest and fastest growing hospitality companies in the world, with more than 4,200 hotels, resorts – Read more