Hilton Worldwide

Hilton Worldwide Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Housekeeper/ Room attendant @ Hilton Hotel
Guest Room Attendant / Laundry Attendant (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKApril 15, 2016
Pros: free Lunches
Cons: full time
Great experienced and workplace at the same time with a very friendly environment. All the managers and executives are professionals inside and out.
Good Place to Work
Valet (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONMarch 18, 2016
Pros: Job Security, Schedule accommodations
Cons: Pay
Good place to work, Management is very understanding and willing to work around other schedules. Only negative is that the Valets have a stigma attached to them which makes it hard to move to a different Department in the Hotel.
Producive and Fun
3rd Cook (Current Employee), Richmond, BCMarch 13, 2016
- Learning new items each day.
- Friendly environment.
- Gives me challenging task everyday.
- Teamwork is there all the time.
- Under pressure is always there.
Fun, learning enviroment
Banquet Server (Current Employee), Ajax, ONFebruary 4, 2016
Great fun learning environment.
Was learning new information since the day I started.
The staff was friendly since day one and the management was accommodating.
good environment
night Auditor (Current Employee), 500 niagara on the lakeJanuary 13, 2016
a good company to start with. They provide clean and quiet environment to work. It good for entry level. They have to proviede more working opportunities
great place to work if you can work independently
house person (Former Employee), London,ONDecember 7, 2015
Day starts with pulling out work carts, stocking with chemicals, all stock and linens. Start cleaning all public areas, usually bathrooms first. Lobby, dining room, hallways, elevators. Ph levels are checked every hour for the spa, every two hours for the pool. Afternoons, room cleaning. Hard work, but very fun, just doing your own thing, listening to the radio, singing, while you do your work.
This was the best Hotel that l worked for and it was my first job in Canada. I wish l could get back in
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONDecember 2, 2015
Pros: Free meals and drinks were provided
Cons: Did not mind working extra hours or getting called in on my off day
When l worked as a room attendant l knew that weekends and summer were the busiest and really demanding that sometimes l had to go in on my off days when short staffed. My floor was one of the cleanest because each time when l cleaned my rooms l would view my rooms from the guests' expectations. I myself would want my booked room to be really clean and well done.
The management were really good and always had time to help you out if you needed some days off or were having a problem on your floor.
Somtimes you will get trashed rooms and that will mess up your working pace for the day.
I really enjoyed working as a room attendant and all the benefits that came with the job after probation.
It's very nice to work here
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABNovember 27, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: enough hours
Morning shifts is busy and I like it. I learned many things, specially communicating with other people. About the management, they are nice in their employee. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the guest who have a lot of complain even though you gave everything still not satisfied. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping others.
Great place to grow,learn and advance my hotel career
Server (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 18, 2015
Pros: great hours, good wage
Cons: slow periods
Overall a great place to work. Well managed and very close knit staff.
The atmosphere and quality of service make it a brand you are proud to be a part of.
the hardest part of this job is the politics. Which in any job is always a difficult thing to navigate.
The best part of this job is being able to meet and interact with a variety of guests and colleagues.
Also, Hilton is a company that is very good at promoting within their brand.
Hilton Worldwide
Legal Assistant (Current Employee), Legal AssistantOctober 6, 2015
Hilton is a great company to work for. I love working within the legal team, they provide great support, career development options and are generally a wonderful Company to work for.
Temporary
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONSeptember 22, 2015
Typical day resulted in repetitive tasks. Fit for an individual who does not mind doing the same thing over and over again, and speaking to angry customers.
Great Group of people to work with!
Server (Current Employee), Saint John, NBAugust 26, 2015
I love my job at the Hilton . I work with a great team ! Management is also great. Unfortunately there just isn't enough hours.
What I learned
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 24, 2015
While working at the Hilton, I learned a lot. How to think fast, problem solve, work as a team. Definitely how to be organised and how to create great relationships with our guest. Working in the tourism industry is something I do well and strive in.
great benefits, good training
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONAugust 22, 2015
very busy, great place to learn customer facing skills as well as cross selling techniques.
gives you an opportunity to learn about empathy but learn to also be cautions of your actions.
To sum it all up we we're like a family, working together as one
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee), Nisku, ABAugust 19, 2015
- enjoyed every minute there
- great work environment
- learnt to work by myself and as a group
- management would always do more then their responsibilities really were
- everyone was friendly there (all departments)
- the hardest part of the day was when and if you ran out of clean linen
- the best part of the day was our break, when we got to socialize
high pace enviroment
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Great benefit package
Cons: emphasis to much on incoming guests but not on over all employees well being
emphasis to much on incoming guests but not on over all employees well being.

I have learned how to multitask in high stress environment without little support from others.

Great benefit package
Great Environment to work in
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Thornhill, ONAugust 15, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this hotel. The work environment and the people who I worked with were absolutely awesome. I learned how to Operate the OnQ P.M.S. and I completed the Hilton University for the Guest Service Agent. All the managers were very understanding and tentative to all of the staff and guest needs.
Love the brand
Operations (Current Employee), MississaugaJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Meeting new and returning guests
Cons: ownership support
Great place to work with amazing co workers., all have the drive to achieve superior customer service.

Wish was more recognition of successes and rewards for accomplishments not necessarily monetary.

Not able to wow all guests at all times, might be better if had more support from ownership.
great enjoyable
Valet/Customer Service (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJune 28, 2015
enjoyable place to work with a great team. The hours are consistent for the summer months and the managers are willing to work with you.
Productive and Classy workplace
Busser (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, OntarioJune 28, 2015
A typical day a work was a standard day, an early morning set up before customers arrived making sure we had everything we needed to be prepared for the day. I learned in order to get certain things done efficiently you need to pick up the pace but at the same time stay focused and organized on the task at hand. In my point of view management was run perfectly, they controlled power but at the same time it was enjoyable working for them. My co-workers all work hard and efficiently but were also great people making work easy to go to. The hardest part of my job was waking up early in the morning being ready to go for a shift, but the most enjoyable part of the job was working and helping other people throughout the day, which helped me feel accomplished by the end of my shift.
Headquarters