Hilton Worldwide Employee Reviews

nice place to work
Accounts Receivable Administrator (Former Employee) –  St Laurent, QC15 November 2016
nice staff and excellent place to work but since I was there the hotel has changed ownership and I am not familiar with the current set up
Pros
was a good learning experience
Cons
not enough advancement
Friendly
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  ontario14 November 2016
The Hilton brand has always been a very rewarding company to have as employers. Busy days were always enjoyable when you've got great staff and guests!
Pros
Friendly
Cons
24 hour service including holidays
Good people to work with
Steward (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON6 November 2016
Uniforms provided. Shift direction given. Have to search for department heads at times. Unionized. Have to fight for fair scheduling. Decent.
A lot of politics
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Late hours
Great enviroment
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Malton, ON1 November 2016
Working at the Hilton you get to experience new things everyday such as skills and base knowledge on how simple easier things can be easier.
Pros
Free lunch
Awesome work place with onsen spa and ski.
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Niseko30 October 2016
Working hours are very flexible. Learn many new stuff . Meet many peoples from many other countries. And the management was so good.
Workers are treated with respect and honour! Fun place to work!
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 October 2016
Nice company to work for. Management is respectful and cares for the employees, ready to support and help; Always gives the feed back and apreciate our work.
Pros
Helpfulness of management
Productive and Fun work place
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2016
I love working at the Hilton Toronto. The management takes good care of you provided you work hard and are willing to learn.
I learn about the day to day functions of the Housekeeping department and working on my computer skills at the same time with using software's such as synergy and ONQ
My colleagues have a very positive attitude towards their job making it easy for an intern like me to gel in easily and learn fast.
And they all create a very productive stress free environment to work within.
Pros
Free Lunches, Good Management, Potential for growth
Room for advancement and cross training
Executive Chef / Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 September 2016
Hilton is a company that can and will help you grow. The culture is very positive and great environment. Flexible scheduling and work-life balance. The company recognize associates for doing a great job.
Pros
Discounted Hilton hotels stay and great food perks
Cons
Few franchised hotels are not up to the brand standards.
close staff but hilton doesnt look after employees
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 August 2016
The hardest part of job is each room is different when coming to cleaning .... 1 room can take 15 minutes to do but depending on who checked in it could take up to an hour .... I think in this matter there should be incentives for employees to do it .... they need to appreciate their employees more and have benefits
Pros
free lunhes from gm
Cons
stressful tension and office drama
Independent and Maturing
Receiptionist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 August 2016
- Completely daily tasks, update staff email, check-in and check-out guests accordingly, and answer general hotel inquiries accurately, meet brand standards.

- I learned how to professionally communicate via telephone, email, in-person, etc. I also learned how to manage myself and the departments according to hotel efficiency and guest needs. I grew familiar to computer programs including: OnQ, Outlook, Gmail, Microsoft Office. As per customer service; I learned how to settle invoices, transfer calls/ take messages, take payment and count tills.

- Management: Prompt for me to start work, training was disorganized but I did master all brand standards and duties, forward about mistakes to future prevention, worked as a team for events. I look at the management as "bosses" instead of "leaders". Instead of correcting me, they'd do it themselves without explanation. Simple language such as " I " vs. "we".

- Hardest part about that job: Disorganized training = mistakes that were learned from and never repeated, long hours without tasks (constantly keeping self busy), schedule for every week distributed very short notice.

- Enjoyable part about that job: different departments had diverse employees, professional environment but genuinely friendly at that. Consistent shifts and biweekly pay.
Pros
Gourmet food, biweekly pay, 8 hour shifts (full-time), easy access for commute, work-benefits
Cons
very long day once tasks are complete, departments are not always avaliable and servce agents cannot leave front desk
better productivity
Sever/Porter (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON5 July 2016
it could be better organize, need a strong managers in some areas,better appreciation of good employees and clean up in a way that you have people giving better service.
Pros
hotels discount worldwide
Cons
no stables hours.
only enjoyable cleaning the rooms
House keeping (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 June 2016
I really do enjoy the job I just do not like the idea of our over time hours being banked, as well as the face that our Christmas bonus was not a bonus but a $50 advance on our paycheck that was not authorized.
on the other hand I really did enjoy cleaning the hotel rooms and interacting with the guests and seeing them smile
Pros
having a decient lunch break
Cons
verey rairly any eight hour days
A great place to work
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 June 2016
Cant say enough about how great this place is, the management, the staff, the work environment, everything is great. Ive learnt al that I can offer a hospitably industry from this place
Good place to work with minimal superviseing
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Enfield, NS10 June 2016
Everyday you clean rooms and get to meet different people.
Co workers are easy to get along with
The hardest part of this job is you are on a time limit.
I like receiving tips .
Pros
tips some times
Cons
can be boring at times
Nice hotel
Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 May 2016
Run Audit around 2 am

Print appropriate reports for GM the next day

Make sure everything balance

Great co workers and guests
Always something to do until one shift is done.
Front Desk Agent, Night Audit (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON24 May 2016
There is always work to be done with in a 8 hour day. There is never a dull moment. It is a good work experience for Night Audit and guest service.
Good location
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK21 May 2016
We stayed here as a group for our dance competition. The location was perfect as we could walk to the TCU and the mall. Lots of food options at the hotel as well as within walking distance. We will stay again
I loved this job
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 May 2016
great managers, great employees, love the benefits like the food for your break, great work conditions, great overall experience
productive and helpful.
laundy managing (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2016
physical job. helping each ather ,well known by my managers and well known by co-worker when they need help be there for them.
A fantastic and famous hotel
Laundry Attendant (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON16 April 2016
One of the most popular hotels in the world, so to get employed in that kind of hotel is terrific and it makes employees proud to name Hilton as their employer. A place where all employees, supervisors and employers are controlled by the rules and regulations of the company.
It also offers a better salary comparing to the same jobs in other workplaces. There is a chance for employees to get job transfers if they apply internal posts.
Meanwhile, there is always a room for improvement needed in the hotel. Some supervisors need a little bit more management skills and there should not be favoritism and nebatism in any workplace in this century
Pros
Very good coworkers with friendly face and lovely behavior
Cons
Very little experience gained from such Labor job