Hilton Worldwide

Hilton Worldwide Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
What I learned
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 24, 2015
While working at the Hilton, I learned a lot. How to think fast, problem solve, work as a team. Definitely how to be organised and how to create great relationships with our guest. Working in the tourism industry is something I do well and strive in.
great benefits, good training
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONAugust 22, 2015
very busy, great place to learn customer facing skills as well as cross selling techniques.
gives you an opportunity to learn about empathy but learn to also be cautions of your actions.
To sum it all up we we're like a family, working together as one
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee), Nisku, ABAugust 19, 2015
- enjoyed every minute there
- great work environment
- learnt to work by myself and as a group
- management would always do more then their responsibilities really were
- everyone was friendly there (all departments)
- the hardest part of the day was when and if you ran out of clean linen
- the best part of the day was our break, when we got to socialize
high pace enviroment
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Great benefit package
Cons: emphasis to much on incoming guests but not on over all employees well being
emphasis to much on incoming guests but not on over all employees well being.

I have learned how to multitask in high stress environment without little support from others.

Great benefit package
Great Environment to work in
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Thornhill, ONAugust 15, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this hotel. The work environment and the people who I worked with were absolutely awesome. I learned how to Operate the OnQ P.M.S. and I completed the Hilton University for the Guest Service Agent. All the managers were very understanding and tentative to all of the staff and guest needs.
Love the brand
Operations (Current Employee), MississaugaJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Meeting new and returning guests
Cons: ownership support
Great place to work with amazing co workers., all have the drive to achieve superior customer service.

Wish was more recognition of successes and rewards for accomplishments not necessarily monetary.

Not able to wow all guests at all times, might be better if had more support from ownership.
great enjoyable
Valet/Customer Service (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJune 28, 2015
enjoyable place to work with a great team. The hours are consistent for the summer months and the managers are willing to work with you.
Productive and Classy workplace
Busser (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, OntarioJune 28, 2015
A typical day a work was a standard day, an early morning set up before customers arrived making sure we had everything we needed to be prepared for the day. I learned in order to get certain things done efficiently you need to pick up the pace but at the same time stay focused and organized on the task at hand. In my point of view management was run perfectly, they controlled power but at the same time it was enjoyable working for them. My co-workers all work hard and efficiently but were also great people making work easy to go to. The hardest part of my job was waking up early in the morning being ready to go for a shift, but the most enjoyable part of the job was working and helping other people throughout the day, which helped me feel accomplished by the end of my shift.
Great Work Environment
Night Auditor - Part Time (Former Employee), Markham, ONJune 25, 2015
Business culture is very achievement oriented marked by a lot of mutual respect and teamwork. The environment enforces you to grow and develop problem solving skills.
great
Head chef/Banquet supervisior (Current Employee), niagara on the lakeJune 11, 2015
great place to work good training job security is great upper regional management is great good people good training cant complian every places needs imporovemnt pahy could be alot better
In hotel i used enjoy by playing table tennis.
Guest Service Agent - (www.hilton.com) (Current Employee), Hilton ChennaiApril 5, 2015
Typical day: My day will start by taking all the handovers once i entered in to the department. i am responsible to manage all guest incoming call including room service order and about all guest loan item.
Things i learned in Hilton Chennai :
• Assisted in directing front office operations. (Front desk, Magic, Concierge.)
• Up selling of rooms and other revenue generating areas at the Front desk to supplement revenue.
• Update reservation, Registration Card & C-form.
• Handle all incoming, outgoing calls & Fax.
• Update Arrival & Departure sheet and register.
• Handover Wake-up calls to the next shift.
• Responsible for front office inventory.
• Handle emergency calls immediately and relay comprehensive and accurate information, as required.
• Maintain and update FCS message & report.
• Ensure all guest incidents are recorded in the database.
• Check all daily reports and monitor all arrival, departure and VIP movements in the hotel to ensure every guest has a pleasant stay from pre-arrival to departure
• Ensure that all guest queries and incidents are responded to promptly and to the satisfaction of the guest.
• Co-ordinate between F&B (service), F&B (production), Housekeeping & Engineering department.
• Responsible for training of new associates.
• Responsible for high level of guest satisfaction because of the impact it has on the service index and the ultimate effect on the overall guest satisfaction and guest’s intent to return.
• Overlooking the Concierge, bell desk, In-Room dining, daily operation.
• Business Center and shopping arcade.
• Operational – more... service standards and service quality at all levels within the department. Documentation of operational procedures into manual.
About my co-workers: My co-workers are so friendly and help me in each and every work.

Till now i didn't find any hardest part to do the job but some time guest will create some problem regarding food order.

I love each and every part of my work. actually i love my work. – less
Operations Manager
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 8, 2015
Successfully lead 4 areas of the hotel including front desk, housekeeping, maintenance and food and beverage. Included in job responsibilities was :
Schedule Building
Checking Front desk standards
Hilton Garden Inn Review
COOK (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 4, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: stressful environment
I have been able to work all around a hotel and know almost everything there is to know about Hospitality. I feel that I need to perfect my craft else where in order to excel myself and be at a more steady ground in order to complete such goals in my life.
If you can work independently, you can.
Night Auditor/Duty Manager (Current Employee), London, ONFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: management treats you well.
Cons: long time spent on your feet.
Great place to work. Co-workers are awesome, and it's different every day. The customers are interesting,
You are expected to work well both in a team setting and at times on your own. And as long as you can handle that, they show you appreciation for your effort.
Great Environment
Room Attendant / Busser (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: not enough hours
Working at the Hilton in their restaurant called The Watermark was really quite fun.

I was able to interact with guests and loved working in the fast paced environment.
I was able to learn about different cultural people here and this is where I learned how to work well as a team player. I obtained skills in how to set up tables for high class maintenance as well as how to manage my time in order to get things done quickly and efficiently.

The hardest part about this job for me was learning that sometimes following the instructions of the manager opposed to the other servers was actually less productive. This was a test that my manager actually put me through in order to create understanding that I was there to help the servers throughout my shift.

I do really like the restaurant environment. I really enjoy working in a fast paced environment and as a team player.

I do not have much to say about being a room attendant. It is not something I enjoyed doing.
Franchise limiting compared to Corporate Operations
Operations Manager/Director (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2015
Working with Hilton Worldwide was an amazing experience. Such amazing and talented professionals. Working with a franchise owner is much different and quite limiting in your freedom to provide change and growth.
...
Guest Service Specialist / Reservations (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 10, 2015
Hilton Seattle • Seattle, WA • 1/14/2005 - 10/20/2009 Revenue Management / Reservations / Concierge / Guest Services
■ Concierge for a well reputable institution in the downtown core, taking responsibility of a large number of guest requests and vacation planning
■ Maintained full knowledge of all various restaurants, transportation options, nightclubs, live theater, cinema, shopping centers, religious worship institutions, tourist attractions etc. based on desired key attributes.
■ Worked as backup to banquet department with duties including set up and break down of room setup, serving, and administrative tasks.
The hotel was a great place to work except for the management unfortunately was not present while we ran the department he did not manage the dept
Housekeeping Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Leduc,AlbertaOctober 31, 2014
Was a good place to work my staff worked really hard and they were very easy to work with.
hello
Prep Cook (Former Employee), London, ONOctober 28, 2014
My typical day would involve turning on all the equipment that is needed, bring everything I need to the line and then set up for service. then I would start with the daily prep that is needed for the rest of the day. Always thinking of what will take more time then other things. making soups, stocks, start cooking larger cuts of meat cutting veg and other partial cooks that are needed.

I like working with fun and happy co workers. The hardest part of the job is going home. The most enjoyable part of the day is cooking for people and getting a very great compliment.

The management part of my career has been minimal to this point, but I'm responsible and motivated to pick up the things I'm not used to doing or haven't learned in school already.

I've always been the kind of person that has picked up what ever has been taught my way. What I've learned is what kind of manager I would like to be
n/a
Food & Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 13, 2014
Pros: learning lore about customer service
Cons: long hours
Lead and developed the skills/ knowledge of subordinate staff/ individuals by
training them in teams of 5 - 20 people.
 Was Responsible for food related budget, forecast and cost control
 Established enhanced levels of product and services by creating sales promotions
and exclusive training to the employees.
 Developed and delivered customized programs for a wide range of clients.
 Was responsible to report directly to the Executive chef and the GM