Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa is currently accepting applications for a full-time Maintenance Technician. This is a seasonal role, from January 27, 2014 until April 30, 2014. Only candidates who currently reside in Whistler, have secure accommodation, and have a valid work permit will be considered. No staff accommodation is provided.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for daily maintenance of the physical plant of the resort property, ensuring the highest standards of quality are maintained as well as assisting in preventative maintenance measures.
- Post-Secondary education from a technical institute or college
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Team player and a self-starter, able to work independently and effectively as required
- Ability to deal with others effectively
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Strong knowledge of all engineering aspects of a full-service hotel (plumbing, electrical, T.V./radio, phones, pool treatment and painting)
- Minimum 1-year experience in a Maintenance role within a hotel environment or a strong construction background
If you are interested in a career with Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa, please respond to this posting with your resume and cover letter or apply in person, Monday-Friday, 9-5.
We thank all those who apply, but only successful candidates will be contacted.