Support and assist the Guest Services department to provide 100% guest satisfaction by:
- Checks guests in: greets guest, gets name, finds reservation, room type etc. Confirms room rate with guest, checks authorization of credit card.
- Maintains cashier float as supplied, provides currency exchange for guests and prepares cash deposit. Reports any overages and shortages on a daily basis.
- Works to obtain the best occupancy and average daily rate as possible assessing the guests and attempting to up sell.
- Establishes and maintains rapport with guest during check in.
- Arrangement of transportation, reservations or services for guests as requested.
- Tracking occupancy numbers of competitive set hotels.
- Problem-solving guests’ concerns or proactively exceeding guest expectations.
- Creating or locating items such as maps, brochures or supplies guests may require.
- Providing guests with current information about the Hotel rooms, amenities, services and local attractions.
- Respond promptly to all guest requests and employees and informing managers of maintenance deficiencies, guest concerns or service issues.
- Work closely with all hotel departments to improve service delivery and efficiency.
- Participate in committees, focus groups and meetings, including pre-shift meetings.
- Ensure the work environment is tidy and well organized at all times (lobby).
- Adhere to all health and safety guidelines and standards.
- Communicates with housekeeping in order to deal with early check-ins, late check-outs, day rooms, unexpected departures, stayovers and room changes.
Ability to deal with all levels of management, staff and owners in a professional manner.
Excellent communication skills in English.
Excellent organizational, interpersonal and administration skills.
Proficient or familiar with computerized systems including spreadsheets & researching on the internet.
Ability to work within and meet deadlines. Proven ability to manager multi-tasked assignments.
Demonstrated knowledge of guest service and a genuine desire to exceed guest expectations.
Present a high degree of professional work ethic and image.
Availability to work day and evening shifts any day of the week including weekends and holidays.
Indeed - 8 months ago