- Plans, directs, supervises and controls the selection and production of all food items, ensuring the highest level of product quality, presentation, sanitation and safety. Responsible for menu planning, recipe creation, food ordering, food production, storage and sanitation, labor staffing, and scheduling. * Directs the hiring, training, and supervision of all food production employees.
- Plans and prices menus. Establishes portion sizes and standards of service for all menu items.
- Trains kitchen personnel on food preparation, presentation and nutrition.
- Culinary Degree from a recognized Institute of Culinary Arts/Inter-Provincial Red Seal or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive culinary/kitchen management experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and service trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation.
- Knowledge of federal, provincial, city, and health and safety requirements.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holiday.
- Banquet and Restaurant experience an asset.
Salary: 38K-43K Annually.
Reporting to: General Manager
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
Indeed - 2 years ago