Hill International Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Living and working in a Compund
Senior Architectural Design Engineer (Former Employee), Al BaşrahJune 14, 2015
Pros: The scenic location; the fellow co-workers; interesting work; the mutual collaboration.
Cons: Some technical short-comings at the office and the isolation of the Compound.
The Basra working experience was a positive one. It was my second time with the Company (I had worked with them in Libya 2010-2011). This time I had the opportunity to share my professional and personal life with another sixty professionals, as we all lived and worked in the same compound.
It was a give-and-take, that allowed me to learn a lot of new things and grow both as a person and as a professional in the process. The sharing of so many different nationalities and cultures was indeed invigorating.
Job-wise I had the opportunity to "shape" several schemes and delineate the SOW of about 20 different projects, which it was fulfilling and satisfactory in its own way.
Our accommodations were perhaps, not the most luxurious or functional, but they were located at the right bank of the amazing Shat Al-Arab River, and each day we walked by its riverside way to the office. You could not ask for better!
I think it was indeed a very positive experience.
Hill International
Document Controller (Current Employee), Doha, QatarMay 31, 2015
Its Nice organisation and having a wonderful colleague and working Environment. Being a employee of Hill international i am enjoying my job.
more likely work with your own pace, peaceful and quite.
Sr. Document Controller (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZMay 11, 2015
I am working with an excellent pace environment. I have nothing to say negative about it. It’s conducive to working and learning. I will surely miss this if I have the chance to find another company that will give me the opportunity to work with, a company that will give at least the finest remuneration that one deserves. Everyday I am pinned to my work load but at the end of the day, everything is quite so fulfilling. Basically, I am coordinating with my immediate Manager and the Client’s Project Manager some time and, to the Consultant’s staff. It is my daily task to communicate through letters for the Client and to the Consultant with the approval or some enhancement from my immediate Manager especially for how the interpretation of technical issues was vindicated on the message. Updating my log, is logical and all the documentation procedures.
Professional
Program Senior Project Controller (Former Employee), Doha, QatarMarch 8, 2015
Pros: learning
Cons: management
It was not the kind of business productive place due to the management in-efficiency. However, the team was great and very professional.

I learned from them a lot
Great Place if they can find you work
PROJECT SAFETY ENGINEER (Current Employee), Portland, ORDecember 22, 2014
Pros: pay, support
Cons: time between projects
Overall a great place to work. Upper Management changes VERY often so you have to adapt to keep up with the changes. Can't seem continually find work to keep you employed constantly and if they do it's usually a long way from home. If you are a field person like me the office is really good about letting you do your thing as long as you perform.
Design & Construction supervision
Structural Engineer (Current Employee), Qalai-E-Naw, Badghis Province, AfghanistanOctober 29, 2014
Pros: free accomodation, fooding etc.
Cons: long hours
Design of Bridge, Retaining wall, Box culvert etc.
Leaned how to monitor the bridge supervision with local contractors, local engineers.
Manage construction supervision.
Provide day to day progress report.
Monthly Progress report.
Work plan with co-workers
To maintain construction works & progress with physically & Financially was the hardest part of the job.
Enjoyed relation with co-workers, Deputy Team Leader & Resident Engineer.
Work Atmosphere
Planning & Project Control Manager (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HROctober 21, 2014
Pros: travel arrangement
Cons: cost of living is high in gurgaon
Hill International, with 4,500 professionals in 100 offices worldwide, provides program management, project management, construction management, construction claims and other consulting services primarily to the buildings, transportation, environmental, energy and industrial markets.
We have been with the DLF Projects in Gurgaon, and will establish the offices in all metro cities to meet the market nee.ds
International
Business Development & Planning Director (Former Employee), Doha, QatarOctober 20, 2014
Experience in team leadership on some of the most complex global projects.
Wonderful company with high level of advance and experience
Sr. QA/QC Manager (Current Employee), Baghdad, IraqJuly 17, 2014
Sr. Projects QA/QC Manager with extensive experience in EPC projects. I’m presently working as Deputy Program Manager (Delivery), and supervise more than 35 of professional engineers and team leaders. I have a proven ability in development, design and implementation of quality requirements towards continually improving business strategy plan. I also possess a strong work ethic and professional technical engineering experience in construction of high riser buildings, 5 Stars hotels, Exhibitions, Power Plants, Water and Waste Water Treatment Plants, Infrastructure and Roads Projects. As a team player I am able to work under pressure as well as work independently (leading a team), or as part of a team. Work effectively and professionally in different cultural environments. I have the ability to lead and teach teams of engineers to improve business performance.
Managing All Changes to the 7-Line Contract
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 28, 2014
While managing any changes to the 7-Line contract I was able to hone my abilities in working with other people. Since my success and productivity largely depends on information given to me from other busy people, my use of their time and mine was something that I could not have learned anywhere else.
Project Management company
Personal Assistant to the VP (Former Employee), Dubai, DUApril 12, 2014
- busy and exciting
- customer focused
- innovative management
- team worker
- not getting the project
- getting the project
Temp role
Receptionist (Former Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZApril 3, 2014
I had a temp role of covering a receptionist who was on leave. It was a site based company.
Leading Project Management firm internationally and locally.
Design Manager (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZJanuary 29, 2014
- I had a chance to work on high end projects with reputable clients.
- I learned a wide range of skills including design, construction, procurement and risk management.
- Nice work environment with highly-qualified staff.
- Good employee benefits and HR support.
Good
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZJanuary 21, 2014
It good to work with Hill International. The work environment is also better.
Productive and fun place to work with
Civil Engineer (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZNovember 5, 2013
Pros: good medical insurance
Good Company. Productive and fun place to work with.The Management are very supportive with regrads to the welfare of the people.
Good working atmosphere
Recruitment Administrator (Former Employee), Dubai, DUOctober 28, 2013
Pros: free insurance
Cons: long working hours
Its a good firm to work
Supportive Coworkers
But long working hours
Assisted Claims Consultants and Project Managers
Claims Technician (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 23, 2013
Pros: traveling
Great deal of my time is spent on researching project documents, production of deliverables. The most enjoyable is assisting Consultants and Clients with research of documents for backup support for Litigation. Each day was different. Some days I may have to divide my time between researching documents on several different project. Then the next I may work on only one project.
Reputed consultancy work
HSE ENGINEER PMC for ADNOC PROJECTS (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi,September 11, 2013
Pros: individual
Cons: limited hours with efficient works
Enjoyable professional job with team work with technical skill
Productive and Fun workplace
Resident Engineer (Former Employee), Tripoli, L61September 7, 2013
Pros: free allowances for transportation and housing accomodations.
Cons: long hours of work iincluding monitoring the concreting works up to morning time.
* Inspection of works if it maintains and compliance with the plans and specifications.
* The International Standards were updated compared to Philippine Standard for construction works.
* Working as a team with different nationalities.
* Field Design changes that occurs on site and needs re design to suit the actual conditions on site. To expediate the works especially when works were delayed.
* Monitoring the works of the contractor when the site is in safe working conditions and environmental friendly site conditions.
bulk correspondence and drawings.. to check, log and file
DOCUMENT CONTROLLER (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZAugust 31, 2013
Pros: awarding and special recognition for top performers
Cons: deadlines
A typical day at work starts with the Contractor and design consultant submission, verify if the submalls are properly logged and registered using the web based system as per clients' requirement, system such as Primavera and Aconex are commonly used in the construction industry.
In my three (3) years experience I have learned to understand and assist design engineer to track drawing, submittals, RFI, method statement and material submittal, variation and payment application.
The team exerted extreme effort and established document control protocol and work procedure.
The hardest part of the job is to locate certain material submitted during the first year of the project. Weather condition and quantity of big materials stocked inside warehouse was a very challenging search and it was usually needed and required urgently.
The most enjoyable part of my job as a document controller to a billion project cost of Tower in Abu Dhabi, UAE was whenever we have a get together celebration for every milestone achieved.