Hill International Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Hill International Review
Project Controls Specialist and Sr. Cost Estimator (Current Employee), Portland, ORAugust 30, 2012
Hill International, Inc., is a leading international construction consulting firm that provides a wide varity of project management, construction management and construction support services. Hill employ more than 2,600 professionals and support personnel in 90 offices in 35 countries worldwide. The staff and capacity is large, but the offices and personnel are local.

Hill has successfully prepared cost estimates on projects ranging from the thousands to the billions in support of planning, design, construction, renovation, operation and maintenance, as well as change order negotiations and claims support. Hill ensures accurate estimation of construction costs by involving the client and the architectural and engineering staff on construction project cost estimates. Budgetary and detailed cost estimates are developed in accordance with client’s protocols. Vendor quotes are solicited, where appropriate, local material costs are obtained from suppliers in the vicinity of the project and labor productivity rates are derived from project experience and history.
Living and working in a Compund
Senior Architectural Design Engineer (Former Employee), Al BaşrahJune 14, 2015
Pros: The scenic location; the fellow co-workers; interesting work; the mutual collaboration.
Cons: Some technical short-comings at the office and the isolation of the Compound.
The Basra working experience was a positive one. It was my second time with the Company (I had worked with them in Libya 2010-2011). This time I had the opportunity to share my professional and personal life with another sixty professionals, as we all lived and worked in the same compound.
It was a give-and-take, that allowed me to learn a lot of new things and grow both as a person and as a professional in the process. The sharing of so many different nationalities and cultures was indeed invigorating.
Job-wise I had the opportunity to "shape" several schemes and delineate the SOW of about 20 different projects, which it was fulfilling and satisfactory in its own way.
Our accommodations were perhaps, not the most luxurious or functional, but they were located at the right bank of the amazing Shat Al-Arab River, and each day we walked by its riverside way to the office. You could not ask for better!
I think it was indeed a very positive experience.
bulk correspondence and drawings.. to check, log and file
DOCUMENT CONTROLLER (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZAugust 31, 2013
Pros: awarding and special recognition for top performers
Cons: deadlines
A typical day at work starts with the Contractor and design consultant submission, verify if the submalls are properly logged and registered using the web based system as per clients' requirement, system such as Primavera and Aconex are commonly used in the construction industry.
In my three (3) years experience I have learned to understand and assist design engineer to track drawing, submittals, RFI, method statement and material submittal, variation and payment application.
The team exerted extreme effort and established document control protocol and work procedure.
The hardest part of the job is to locate certain material submitted during the first year of the project. Weather condition and quantity of big materials stocked inside warehouse was a very challenging search and it was usually needed and required urgently.
The most enjoyable part of my job as a document controller to a billion project cost of Tower in Abu Dhabi, UAE was whenever we have a get together celebration for every milestone achieved.
Security in employment
Electrical Inspector (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZJuly 28, 2013
Pros: free food, accommodation, laundry & house keeping
Cons: long working hours, very distant site location.
One good thing about Hill International is the legal proficiency side of the firm. All of the legitimate prerogatives & benefits, duly mandated by the UAE Law, for its employee are being given accordingly.

I have no problem dealing and working with my immediate supervisors and seniors however, having a Site located in Ruwais, Abu Dhabi is quite strategically odd for me since most of my closest relatives and friends are staying in Abu Dhabi City. Somehow, the distance and separation that I'm experiencing which limit myself from having a social life, (from the way I used to have before), is one of the most difficult bargain that I traded when I took my current job. In addition, although we are paid for the mandatory overtime time that the Client required to us everyday, the long duty hour is really tedious to accomplish on a day to day basis.
Wonderful company with high level of advance and experience
Sr. QA/QC Manager (Current Employee), Baghdad, IraqJuly 17, 2014
Sr. Projects QA/QC Manager with extensive experience in EPC projects. I’m presently working as Deputy Program Manager (Delivery), and supervise more than 35 of professional engineers and team leaders. I have a proven ability in development, design and implementation of quality requirements towards continually improving business strategy plan. I also possess a strong work ethic and professional technical engineering experience in construction of high riser buildings, 5 Stars hotels, Exhibitions, Power Plants, Water and Waste Water Treatment Plants, Infrastructure and Roads Projects. As a team player I am able to work under pressure as well as work independently (leading a team), or as part of a team. Work effectively and professionally in different cultural environments. I have the ability to lead and teach teams of engineers to improve business performance.
more likely work with your own pace, peaceful and quite.
Sr. Document Controller (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZMay 11, 2015
I am working with an excellent pace environment. I have nothing to say negative about it. It’s conducive to working and learning. I will surely miss this if I have the chance to find another company that will give me the opportunity to work with, a company that will give at least the finest remuneration that one deserves. Everyday I am pinned to my work load but at the end of the day, everything is quite so fulfilling. Basically, I am coordinating with my immediate Manager and the Client’s Project Manager some time and, to the Consultant’s staff. It is my daily task to communicate through letters for the Client and to the Consultant with the approval or some enhancement from my immediate Manager especially for how the interpretation of technical issues was vindicated on the message. Updating my log, is logical and all the documentation procedures.
Fast paced and very challenging
Executive Secretary/Document Controller (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, UAEAugust 31, 2013
Pros: friendly and helpful colleagues
Cons: 6 days a week
Our project consist of mixed unit such as Residential Tower, Offices, Retail and a 5 Star Hotel which feels like we are managing four different project that make work more chaleenging. Everyday one can learn different construction terminology, technical process and a lot more.

Since UAE in known as the hub of different nationality, it makes work fun dealing with colleague for one can learn from one's culture and another. Although it's such a big challenge to prepare a report in a short given time where one should be accurate with all the figures that need to be presented in a report, but after all the hard work it is such a pleasure to see that from a construction site you're able to see the everyday progress and the completion of the project.
Productive and Fun workplace
Resident Engineer (Former Employee), Tripoli, L61September 7, 2013
Pros: free allowances for transportation and housing accomodations.
Cons: long hours of work iincluding monitoring the concreting works up to morning time.
* Inspection of works if it maintains and compliance with the plans and specifications.
* The International Standards were updated compared to Philippine Standard for construction works.
* Working as a team with different nationalities.
* Field Design changes that occurs on site and needs re design to suit the actual conditions on site. To expediate the works especially when works were delayed.
* Monitoring the works of the contractor when the site is in safe working conditions and environmental friendly site conditions.
Hill International is one of the Leading PMC in the region and also in the USA.
Project Control Manager (Current Employee), Abu dhabiSeptember 7, 2012
typical day would include; Internal meetings, meetings with the Client, meetings with the Contracor and sub contractors, site visits, finishing daily tasks. I learned more about team work. Our mangement was very supportive. It was nice to have such a co-workers, we succeeded in making a good team. I cannot recall something that I can define as " The Hardest part of the Work". The most enjoyable was when handling something that needs creativiy and not just routine work.
A great place
Architect (Former Employee), DubaiJune 17, 2015
Pros: Healthcare, Vacation, Equality
Cons: non in my mind
I worked in Hill International Dubai for 7 years. I was a young architect with very limited experience in mega projects Hill usually undertake, however Hill international management trusted a young professional like me to be part of its team.
Hill give the chance to learn, grew, solidify my knowledge in the construction industry.
Hill is great firm, has great teams all over the world, I hope someday (when I feel I am ready) that I will rejoin it in Hill senior management board.
Design & Construction supervision
Structural Engineer (Current Employee), Qalai-E-Naw, Badghis Province, AfghanistanOctober 29, 2014
Pros: free accomodation, fooding etc.
Cons: long hours
Design of Bridge, Retaining wall, Box culvert etc.
Leaned how to monitor the bridge supervision with local contractors, local engineers.
Manage construction supervision.
Provide day to day progress report.
Monthly Progress report.
Work plan with co-workers
To maintain construction works & progress with physically & Financially was the hardest part of the job.
Enjoyed relation with co-workers, Deputy Team Leader & Resident Engineer.
Work Atmosphere
Planning & Project Control Manager (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HROctober 21, 2014
Pros: travel arrangement
Cons: cost of living is high in gurgaon
Hill International, with 4,500 professionals in 100 offices worldwide, provides program management, project management, construction management, construction claims and other consulting services primarily to the buildings, transportation, environmental, energy and industrial markets.
We have been with the DLF Projects in Gurgaon, and will establish the offices in all metro cities to meet the market nee.ds
Assisted Claims Consultants and Project Managers
Claims Technician (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 23, 2013
Pros: traveling
Great deal of my time is spent on researching project documents, production of deliverables. The most enjoyable is assisting Consultants and Clients with research of documents for backup support for Litigation. Each day was different. Some days I may have to divide my time between researching documents on several different project. Then the next I may work on only one project.
Great Place if they can find you work
PROJECT SAFETY ENGINEER (Current Employee), Portland, ORDecember 22, 2014
Pros: pay, support
Cons: time between projects
Overall a great place to work. Upper Management changes VERY often so you have to adapt to keep up with the changes. Can't seem continually find work to keep you employed constantly and if they do it's usually a long way from home. If you are a field person like me the office is really good about letting you do your thing as long as you perform.
Professional and friendly environment
Executive Assistant to Senior Vice President (Current Employee), Doha, DAWDecember 2, 2015
Pros: Healthy working environment, Good leaders and employees
Cons: long working hours with low salaries
Wonderful experience with diverse nationalities, professional attitudes, respect to policy and procedures.
Team work. No politics. You can be what you want depending on your competence and hard work . consistency is the key to success.
Great place to develop professional skills, through dealing with various multinational firms.
Administrative / Document Control (Current Employee), KSAJuly 15, 2012
Fast paced enviroment, dealing with a large scale project that requires the ability to mutitask, and prioritize the work load.
The management is understandable, and will work to their best ability to resolve any obstacles, or inconveniences.
Managing All Changes to the 7-Line Contract
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 28, 2014
While managing any changes to the 7-Line contract I was able to hone my abilities in working with other people. Since my success and productivity largely depends on information given to me from other busy people, my use of their time and mine was something that I could not have learned anywhere else.
I love it
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Abu DhabiDecember 25, 2012
Working with Hill International was the best part in my career and i think i will join it again..
The company is very organized.
Targets are very clear to every employee.
Projects are massive and continues.
The business development team are very progressive.
The coworkers are very helpful.
I enjoyed every single day at Hill International
Leading Project Management firm internationally and locally.
Design Manager (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZJanuary 29, 2014
- I had a chance to work on high end projects with reputable clients.
- I learned a wide range of skills including design, construction, procurement and risk management.
- Nice work environment with highly-qualified staff.
- Good employee benefits and HR support.
Nice company
CAD Technician/Document Control Engineer (Former Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZFebruary 1, 2016
Well balanced company, cares for its employee. Provides opportunities for the career development of the employees.
If not for some unforeseen circumstances i will not leave the company, and if given the chance id like to work with Hill International again.