Hill-Rom Employee Reviews

contract employee
Instructor Trainer - Part-Time (Current Employee) –  Richmond VA areaOctober 22, 2015
This is my part time job for 12+ years. I train patients and their families/caregivers on a specific piece of medical equipment. Great company with great support from supervisor and local account executive (sales rep). I love the one on one education and time spent with the patient/family/caregivers. It is not rushed.
Pros
time with the patient; one on one education
Excellent Company
Territory Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 17, 2016
I worked for Hill Rom. It is very demanding company, where I learned the medical devices and training. This company is well organized and provides training and any help you need. An excellent company to work.
Okay...
Biomed (Current Employee) –  MarylandOctober 15, 2015
Co-workers for most part are nice to work with. As a biomedical engineer, not much advancement since the company isn't really focused on us biomeds. But it is easy job to do when you have a technical background. Good company to get experience from.
Pros
Good place to get experience from
Cons
Hard to get career advancement with
Terrible hours, They don't care about employees
welder (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INApril 10, 2016
I worked 14 hour work days and overtime on weekends. I would tell them in advance that I couldn't work, and they would forget and punish me.
Fun workplace with ability to learn and grow indiviually
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 10, 2014
I worked here when I was relatively young so benefits were not as much of an issue. My only real problem was that I had trained folks to work there, whom had been there years less than me and sadly found out they were being paid more. I brought this attention to of my superiors and the were willing to raise my pay to there pay (equal). I felt I should have been paid more, but otherwise the job was fine. At this job, you learn how to deliver food in a hospital setting and what goes along with cleanliness and PPE. For that I was thankful. I also worked with really nice people, many of whom were older, who gave my great working advice.
Pros
great working environment, worked around school schedule
Cons
low pay and felt underappreciated
Gone downhill
field service tech (Former Employee) –  southJanuary 20, 2013
The benefits are the best that i have seen but the pay sucks. I dont mind working but some of the other guys were afraid of too much work. They would just sit there half the day. You will never advance your career. They will advance you but will not pay you for the position. The raises are small and unnoticeable. 2% of your basepay is the raise. They use to give quarterly bonuses but just once a year now. That 2 bonus used to be 3%. The field servie techs do not get taking care of in this company. Very stressful job to know they can lay you off at any time. That lay off is you actually you getting fired. Upper management always is changing because people keep leaving. They cant keep the good field service techs because they leave too.
Pros
working by myself, benefits
Cons
pay, management
perfect place to work
Account Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 6, 2016
If I could of pick the entire building with the employees up, I would and move them with me here to Atlanta.. Great place to work
Pros
Everyone was willing to help out in any areas
Cons
It was alot of work that needed to be fixed but not enough employees or funds to support it
interesting product
Mechanical Engineer Product Support (Former Employee) –  Batesville, InFebruary 16, 2016
Able to acknowledge new products, strong team environment with good leadership. product in the plant able to review changes as were made.
Pros
plant on site
Cons
long drive
Great place to work. New management
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 15, 2014
If you don't mind being on your feet and moving around a lot this is a great place to work. Hill-Rom will fly you to their head quarters in Batesville, Indiana for a two week training. The Houston location is under new management. They fired most if not all of the previous workers. They are hiring people with a team first mentality. You work on your own, but you are held accountable.
Pros
benefits, overtime, bonus, room for growth
Cons
constantly on your feet
Deliver hospital beds, sanitize them upon completion, safety oriented, on-call 24/7.
Field Service Represenative (Current Employee) –  AlbuquerqueOctober 13, 2015
Typical day is checking of the current workload and the status of the jobs that need to be accomplished throughout the day plus of the activities that need to be worked on in the warehouse.
Its not a typical type of teamwork environment, your pretty much on your own most of the time.
Pros
not micomanaged
Cons
schedules are in-consistent, being on call.
great place to work
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2015
long hours of work. repairing beds for hospitals and homecare patients. management good great and co workers worked hard. enjoyed everything about the job.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
work long hours
Political and Untrustworthy Company
Corporate (Former Employee) –  CharlestonNovember 19, 2012
Some work well over 40 hours a weeks and other skate out a lot and work part time yet get paid for 40 hours. For the most part, the regional managers are a joke. They are usually nonexistent so the field just tends to their personal life first and work comes second and the company gets ran into the ground. There are talented employees but the political games create an untrustworthy environment and a lot of the good workers get laid off while the lazy employees who are in with the "good old boys" remain with the company.The most enjoyable part of working with this company is there are a lot of good products but a lot of them are in frequent need of repair because the products are old.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor recognition for good work, unqualified managers, constant turn over of employees
Professional organization
PROFESSIONAL SALES HISTORY (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INJune 6, 2014
Strategic selling, goals, business growth, b2b, relationship building, customer oriented to exceed overall satisfaction. My overall experience was very positive & successful achieving accolades for Presidents Club. My colleagues were an asset to work & know at Hill-Rom. The only obstacles were in the process at the corporate billing division, solution was in following up on status to insure billing was being completed on time. The most enjoyable entity was providing a product that truly made a difference in the patients outcome & establishing great relationships with the accounts I serviced.
benefits
Cons
lack of coverage
Going down hill fast!!
?? (Former Employee) –  St. PaulJuly 21, 2012
Need to get new managment team. Benefits good to start now all taken away, example work from home, flex time etc... Poor training left in area alone for hours and if asked questions was disapplined.(wonder if the top managment CEO know this) So sat and did nothing for days-talk about a waste of money. Was told that we work differently here and was told by a supervisior that I was difficult and expected to much!!! Really.. and immediate managment is aware and backed this up. They need to clean house of management and start over. Very unfriendly atmosphere and stressful feel.
Pros
?
Cons
difficult managment
A great company to work for
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 25, 2015
I currently am employed there and I enjoy my job and the people I work with. I like that I am helping people.Management staff is really involved and they actively participate in daily task, which helps enforce the teamwork culture.
Long hours, but great work environment
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORNovember 15, 2014
Good company to work for, with good benefits. Lots of fun characters to work with. I only left because I didn't see a whole lot of room for advancement in a field I was interested in without moving to Batesville, Indiana.
Pros
fun people, decent benefits, driving is easy
Cons
being on-call
Great enviroment and always doing stuff to help patients.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 5, 2013
Typical day would be delivering hospital beds to nursing homes,hospitals, and patients homes. Learned that the smallest things could brighten someones day. Management was awesome, treated you like they wanted to be treated. Co-workers was awesome, made each day fun-filled and complete. The hardest part of the job was being on call all week. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping someone that could not help themselves.
Pros
great company, pay, benefits
Cons
unexpective layoffs
Good company with good compensation, but undergoing significant change
Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Hill-RomJuly 27, 2012
Good people make this a very good place to work. Company likes to change management frequently that results in changing direction and strategy. Lack of job security can be a distraction. Overall, a good company, with good people but it continues to undergo significant changes.
Pros
people, compensation, location
Cons
constant management changes, lack of respect for employees, products have quality issues
Need thick skin to survive Allen Medical in Acton
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Acton, MAFebruary 8, 2014
Customer Service Manager is figure head only. There is no leadership, no encouragement, and no support. Manager is known to be mean spirited, degrading and unprofessional in dealing with select people in the department. Favortism is widespread. Upper management/HR is not willing to address numerous issues raised by current and past employees on managment.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor leadership, negative enviroment
Great location, Poor communication
Contract Administrator, SSS Group (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INMay 21, 2015
Each day I kept up with email request from the sales, field managers, technicians, and my direct management that included report requests, fees for service billing, credits and Essential contract administration. I was included and initiated new programs with the help of a company business analyst and my manager, to improve the accuracy of several reports and processes making my position much more streamlined and time effective enabling me to take on more responsibilities. The atmosphere of most of the management was closed off to sharing new business ideas and the communications between departments within the company was poor and absent. Hill-Rom's most desirable aspect was its location to my home and family.
Pros
The location and new process implementation
Cons
The lack of communication between departments and management