Hill-Rom Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very good company
Assembly (Former Employee), Batesville, INApril 3, 2015
Pros: paychecks
Cons: not 40 hours gauranteed
morning stretches
company overview( weekly rates, production levels, job openings, etc.)
gather up paperwork parts etc
closing stretches and meetings
very friendly enviroment
Assembler on Progressa Line (Current Employee), batesville, inMarch 29, 2015
Pros: decent pay
Cons: short breaks
day flies by while staying productive

build 16-20 bed a day

management is very helpful along with the utilities

lots of overtime
Very successful company which I enjoyed working for.
National Manager of Clinical Services (Former Employee), Worked from home officeMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Trusting environment
Cons: Required travel to multiple hospitals each week
Was given the option to work from home or come into the office which I appreciated the trust offered to do this. Worked with a great team. Provided with a computer to complete the job. Office was in Charleston, SC. Management was also good.
Wonderful People and Amazing Atmosphere
Security (Current Employee), Batesville, INMarch 24, 2015
Pros: The people and the job. I thrive in helping others obtain their goals.
Cons: Just not enough hours available and no benefits.
Couldn't ask for better people to work with and for. Some of the best people I've ever met from the summer help to CEO's of multimillion dollar companies. I truly love working out at Jawacdah Farm and the surroundings are as therapeutic as any place I've been. Just a wonderful atmosphere.
Hill-Rom is a great place to work , both in sales and in operations
Architectural Specialist (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: working at home, live work balance
Cons: low draw every year. you must live on savings most of the year.
I enjoyed working in sales for HRC. The freedow to work at home, and represent the company within 200 miles or more from home was unprecedented to me. Why commute to an office ?

I was happy there for over 5 years, and built up the territory for them. The company has a strong support background in Indiana.
Enjoyable place to work
Materials Management Specialist (Former Employee), Batesville, INMarch 13, 2015
Pros: enjoyable
Cons: low pay
I loved working for Hill-Rom.

Very family oriented. They cared about their employees and showed it.

The people were fantastic! Like family

Great support and team work.

Management listened
Minimal opportunity for growth, 1st line and regional management needs overhauled
Asset Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 11, 2015
Ensure shift is staffed and provide equipment to hospital. Assist in setting inventory levels. Give coaching sessions and provide annual performance appraisals
Not just my co-workers, they became my friends
Quality Assurance Regulatory Affairs Specialist (Current Employee), Batesville, INMarch 7, 2015
Happy to discuss in person as I do not wish to leave such feedback on a forum like this, however I have enjoyed it. The assignment at this employer is temporary, however would love to stay.
Horrible Team Leader/Manager
Complaint Specialist (Former Employee), Batesville, IndianaMarch 7, 2015
In training we were told we could smoke in our cars, we would receive laptops and headsets, we could work up to 8 hours a week in overtime and we could work the hours that was best for us. All of this was a lie. We never received laptops, we were denied overtime and treated badly if we wasn't there from 8-5. The team leader was very rude! She would put her hand up in your face and say I don't have time for you right now. I was terminated with no reason and then told by the temp company it was because I invited other employees to smoke with me and that they had spoke to me about it two times? This never happened and they never spoke to me about anything. The team leader spoke to everyone like they were animals. We were told to do things this way by one person and then told to do it differently by another. No body did anything the same way. Horrible place to work unless you're a backstabbing liar.
Line Assembly (Current Employee), Batesville, INMarch 2, 2015
Pros: good place to work
Cons: only temporary job
I like the fast pace and challenge of my job. Got along with my co-workers. My supervisor was excellent and very helpful as well as my line leader. Would have loved to have gotten on full-time.
Choose wisely
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee), unknownFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: low pay, no advancement, exposure to dangerous illnesses
This kind of work demands your time. If you have a family, especially with small children, plan on having very limited time with them. The pay isn't matched with the work you do considering you will be in contact with VERY sick people, in some cases, contagious. Exposure to things like hepatitis, tuberculosis, and flu are common. Keep in mind that you have to handle this product after a patient has used it and then you are expected to clean it. As a former employee, I learned how to deal with long hours and no family time, make sure the pay off is worth it. The absolute best thing about this job is the benefits.
I'ts a nice place, everyone is very nice and helpful.
Asset Specialist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: peace and getting to talk to the patients
Cons: being alone
I work from the time I go in until the time I leave. I learned you can work alone and get bored. my manager is very hearty and helpful. My co-worker is a really generous person she taught me everything I knows. The hardest part of my job is not screwing up and having people complain to my boss of how bad of a job I did. Being able to work at your own pace.
great people
Rail Press (Former Employee), Batesville, INJanuary 28, 2015
there are a lot of great people at hill rom and i enjoyed my time there would go back to doing what i was at any point in time if they asked thanks
great place to work
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: work long hours
long hours of work. repairing beds for hospitals and homecare patients. management good great and co workers worked hard. enjoyed everything about the job.
Working at Hill-Rom was a great work experience.
Quality Assurance/DHR Technician (Former Employee), Batesville, INJanuary 6, 2015
6am-2:30pm was a great shift to work at Hill-Rom. Worked w/some awesome people and I learned a new experience in how the hospital beds were assembled.
Average place to work
Field Service Representative (Current Employee), houston txDecember 22, 2014
Deliver, remove and repair hospital therapy beds. Requires some on-call duties.
Great Place to Work!
Project Associate / Office Manager (Former Employee), Acton, MADecember 11, 2014
Pros: laid back atmosphere
Loved every minute of it!

Managers are smart and approachable.
horrible place for MOTHERS!!!
Guest and Meeting attendant (Former Employee), Batesville, In. (jawacdah farm)December 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches, great great great co-workers
Cons: no understanding to real life issues!!!!
3weeks to Christmas & I have been fired. Because of being an hour late (at 7am!!) due to sick child. I called my manager, didn't miss my shift or miss my goals for the day. VERY DISAPOINTED!!!! Repeatedly told how good of a worker I am/was. But, job not for me. Excuse me!?! But why???? Because im a mother!? This big company wants to act like they are the very best & treat their employees the very best & that's WRONG. They are great at lying & bs'ing their employees.
Even if one had been late multiple times before or missed work, dealing with a sick child should be excused!!!! Its sad really.
Real life happens!!! But, if you have kids & are the sole provider...do not, I repeat doooo not get a job here. They will break your heart & RUIN your life if real stuff happens!!!
By the way....my sick daughter had doctors notes. But, doesn't matter. She should of went to school with a fever & raging diarrhea!!!!
Long hours, but great work environment
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), Tualatin, ORNovember 15, 2014
Pros: fun people, decent benefits, driving is easy
Cons: being on-call
Good company to work for, with good benefits. Lots of fun characters to work with. I only left because I didn't see a whole lot of room for advancement in a field I was interested in without moving to Batesville, Indiana.
work 5-7 day weeks. working on heavy equipment and repairing it
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXNovember 14, 2014
Pros: only on call one weekend a month
Cons: when on call you get no rest
how to repair equipment by trouble shooting delivering the equipment to a resident or to the hospitals.