Hill-Rom Employee Reviews

Nice coffee selection
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCMay 31, 2016
The coffee was great. the rest was ok. A typical day resulted in confusing direction but the direction changed enough to where I stopped caring. The managers was a boys-club. it was extremely unprofessional.
good
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNApril 28, 2016
Go to work everyday. Stay force. Be nice, get alone with everyone and be friendly to your co-workers. Nothing is hard if you stay force and love your job. Your job its an get away from home.
Pros
8-5 job
Cons
weather
Growing medical supply company
Service Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesOctober 16, 2015
Hill-Rom is a fast pased, constantly evolving company. With acquisitions coming almost yearly we are becoming one of the largest medical suppliers in the market covering many facets of healthcare. With our organic growth and cost savings initiatives you are challenged to think outside of the box to achieve these targets and have a flexable plan 3,6,12 month plans to stay on target. The business is challenging with many constantly changing factors to manage around. With the correct mindset and motivation success is possible and achieveable regularly.
Pros
Freedom to work the job as you see fit., Growing Company, opportunities to relocate and move up within the corporate structure.
Cons
HR, Hard to get HR support to handle problem employees.
Awesome
Medical device sales representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAMarch 20, 2016
Great company to work for. The manager where great and the product are awesome.I sold medical movable equipment. The company has five devisions, and provides many services to the medical hospital solutions.
Excellent Company
Territory Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 17, 2016
I worked for Hill Rom. It is very demanding company, where I learned the medical devices and training. This company is well organized and provides training and any help you need. An excellent company to work.
Terrible hours, They don't care about employees
welder (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INApril 10, 2016
I worked 14 hour work days and overtime on weekends. I would tell them in advance that I couldn't work, and they would forget and punish me.
interesting product
Mechanical Engineer Product Support (Former Employee) –  Batesville, InFebruary 16, 2016
Able to acknowledge new products, strong team environment with good leadership. product in the plant able to review changes as were made.
Pros
plant on site
Cons
long drive
perfect place to work
Account Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 6, 2016
If I could of pick the entire building with the employees up, I would and move them with me here to Atlanta.. Great place to work
Pros
Everyone was willing to help out in any areas
Cons
It was alot of work that needed to be fixed but not enough employees or funds to support it
Gone downhill
field service tech (Former Employee) –  southJanuary 20, 2013
The benefits are the best that i have seen but the pay sucks. I dont mind working but some of the other guys were afraid of too much work. They would just sit there half the day. You will never advance your career. They will advance you but will not pay you for the position. The raises are small and unnoticeable. 2% of your basepay is the raise. They use to give quarterly bonuses but just once a year now. That 2 bonus used to be 3%. The field servie techs do not get taking care of in this company. Very stressful job to know they can lay you off at any time. That lay off is you actually you getting fired. Upper management always is changing because people keep leaving. They cant keep the good field service techs because they leave too.
Pros
working by myself, benefits
Cons
pay, management
Great location, Poor communication
Contract Administrator, SSS Group (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INMay 21, 2015
Each day I kept up with email request from the sales, field managers, technicians, and my direct management that included report requests, fees for service billing, credits and Essential contract administration. I was included and initiated new programs with the help of a company business analyst and my manager, to improve the accuracy of several reports and processes making my position much more streamlined and time effective enabling me to take on more responsibilities. The atmosphere of most of the management was closed off to sharing new business ideas and the communications between departments within the company was poor and absent. Hill-Rom's most desirable aspect was its location to my home and family.
Pros
The location and new process implementation
Cons
The lack of communication between departments and management
A Day in Respiratory Care
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  UK and IrelandMay 8, 2015
My working days differ hugely, one day I can be on the road heading to see a patient and setting up a clinical trial. Another day could be meetings with finance, a potential distributor or attending a conference. I also work from home on occassion to keep up to date with admin, customer communication and strategic planning.
My key interests and areas I would like to focus on are business management, market access, clinical marketing, research, learning and development. The skills I have in these areas can easily be transfered to other working environments and as a previous NHS employee I would welcome the opportunity to go back to an environment outside the commercial world but bringing my commercial knowledge to that environment.
Cons
Large geographical area
Good work enviroment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Batesville INMay 11, 2015
The work environment is great. The best staff and management by-far. the only down side is you get laid off a lot. Great pay and benefits. everyone works together.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Laid off a lot
Deliver hospital beds, sanitize them upon completion, safety oriented, on-call 24/7.
Field Service Represenative (Current Employee) –  AlbuquerqueOctober 13, 2015
Typical day is checking of the current workload and the status of the jobs that need to be accomplished throughout the day plus of the activities that need to be worked on in the warehouse.
Its not a typical type of teamwork environment, your pretty much on your own most of the time.
Pros
not micomanaged
Cons
schedules are in-consistent, being on call.
Great place to work. New management
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 15, 2014
If you don't mind being on your feet and moving around a lot this is a great place to work. Hill-Rom will fly you to their head quarters in Batesville, Indiana for a two week training. The Houston location is under new management. They fired most if not all of the previous workers. They are hiring people with a team first mentality. You work on your own, but you are held accountable.
Pros
benefits, overtime, bonus, room for growth
Cons
constantly on your feet
Good company with good compensation, but undergoing significant change
Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Hill-RomJuly 27, 2012
Good people make this a very good place to work. Company likes to change management frequently that results in changing direction and strategy. Lack of job security can be a distraction. Overall, a good company, with good people but it continues to undergo significant changes.
Pros
people, compensation, location
Cons
constant management changes, lack of respect for employees, products have quality issues
great place to work
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2015
long hours of work. repairing beds for hospitals and homecare patients. management good great and co workers worked hard. enjoyed everything about the job.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
work long hours
Fun workplace with ability to learn and grow indiviually
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 10, 2014
I worked here when I was relatively young so benefits were not as much of an issue. My only real problem was that I had trained folks to work there, whom had been there years less than me and sadly found out they were being paid more. I brought this attention to of my superiors and the were willing to raise my pay to there pay (equal). I felt I should have been paid more, but otherwise the job was fine. At this job, you learn how to deliver food in a hospital setting and what goes along with cleanliness and PPE. For that I was thankful. I also worked with really nice people, many of whom were older, who gave my great working advice.
Pros
great working environment, worked around school schedule
Cons
low pay and felt underappreciated
Need thick skin to survive Allen Medical in Acton
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Acton, MAFebruary 8, 2014
Customer Service Manager is figure head only. There is no leadership, no encouragement, and no support. Manager is known to be mean spirited, degrading and unprofessional in dealing with select people in the department. Favortism is widespread. Upper management/HR is not willing to address numerous issues raised by current and past employees on managment.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor leadership, negative enviroment
Great Employees
Global Supply Chain Leadership Development Program (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 16, 2015
Good place to start or maintain a career! Co-workers really make you feel welcomed and immediately make an impact to the customer.
Fast paced environment, no two days are alike.
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Shoreview, MNOctober 24, 2012
Prepare and clean hospital equipment. Maintain a clean and efficient work place both within a warehouse and fleet/dock areas. Deliver and remove hospital supplies all on strict deadlines, in addition to fixing equipment onsite in a fast paced hospital environment. Need the ability to keep good records, attention to detail and effective communication within the company and with customers. Lastly work on an on-call basis including nights/weekend/holidays supplying customer service and delivery/removal 24/7/365.
Pros
helping people on a first hand level, by supplying comfort and aid in the health field
Cons
long hours, on-call in addition to small chance for career advancement