Hill-Rom

Hill-Rom Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Long days, but interesting personalities
Engineer (Current Employee), Batesville, INJanuary 19, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of constantly trying to keep the lines running. The personalities are interesting, making the days seem shorter than they were.
poor
Design Assurance Project Lead (Former Employee), Cary, NCJanuary 3, 2014
lots of overtime, artificially inflated deadlines, high turnover rate, great bonus program for permanent employees.
Technical Sales Rep (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 31, 2013
I love helping people and this work force push it to do the job right. This job is great for someone who cares
Time consuming company with poor compensation
Area representative (Former Employee), South CarolinaNovember 17, 2013
Pros: make many contacts
Cons: long hours, poor compensation.
Would not recommend this company. Quality is not priority. Very little management involvement.
Great Work enviornment.
Data Entry- Employee and Customer Information (Former Employee), Batesville, INNovember 12, 2013
Pros: the hours and the pay
Cons: no breaks
learned many things about computer software. the hardest part about my job is the constant working hours and no breaks. we had deadlines for paperwork and we had a few days at a time to do them.
Great Management. Great Team memebers
Account Clinical Director (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CANovember 5, 2013
Everyday was different. Met great people. Occasionally after hours.
Fast paced keeping you on your toes.
Customer Contact Representative (Former Employee), Charleston, SCOctober 28, 2013
I learned that working medical supplies is a must in long term or short term care facility. The workers are very family oriented and will help with anything needed. The hardest part of the job was leaving due to relocation.
Hill Rom is a great company
R&D Engineer -Mechanical (Former Employee), Batesville, INOctober 9, 2013
Pros: people, professionalism
Hill Rom has a lot of smart people there and they design and develop quality products.
Great pay and benefits: Management is lacking direction for company future.
acct manager (Former Employee), Charleston,SCOctober 8, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: management lacking direction/layoffs
Good pay and benefits. Always beware of the next coming layoff.
Good benefits, bad if you want a life outside of work
Field Service Representative (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 24, 2013
This company has excessive overtime, and on call frequently.
I really enjoyed working for this company
Radiological Control Technician (Former Employee), Batesville, INSeptember 23, 2013
I liked the people and the work was a great place to work would go back if they were hiring.
Not a good place to work if...
Asset Specialist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: no supervisors on the weekends
Cons: everything!
If you like structure. I was a employee since May and I wasn't trained properly and they blamed me for their mess up. Their turn over rate is horrible, I saw three people quit and one person get fired. The pay is horrible for the work that you do. It's pretty much hard labor, you have to work a entire tower by YOURSELF. No help, no anything. Not including – more... that you have to stop on each floor and clean each dirty equipment and scan it.

It's just way too much going on with that place. If you like getting under paid or pretty much just need a job then you will enjoy it, otherwise it's a horrible place to build a career.

Oh yeah, watch out for the coworkers. – less
Great work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Charleston, SCSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: great morale
Cons: not enough diversity
Placing orders for hospitals. long term care facilities. Learned alot about the health care field. Awesome management and coworkers. Loved just going to work everyday.
Good company, great experience
Field Biomedical Engineer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 27, 2013
Pros: a different experience every day
Cons: a lot of driving and extended periods away from home in other's territories
I probably would still be here but, in my opinion, they tried to grow the field support side too quickly and put people in management positions because of tenure as opposed to the value and knowledge they could bring to the table. As a result, Field Service was disbanded and I was laid off.
Working for a firm where their name is ubiquitous in every hospital, in positive terms, is hard to beat!
Project Manager (Former Employee), Southwestern States (AZ, CA, NM, NV, UT, TX).August 16, 2013
Pros: very well organized and dominant in the hospital business.
Cons: headquarters in indiana & north carolina, i wanted more training and workshops at hq.
I project managed up to 40 projects simultaneously. One of the greatest career experiences of my life.
Great enviroment and always doing stuff to help patients.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNAugust 5, 2013
Pros: great company, pay, benefits
Cons: unexpective layoffs
Typical day would be delivering hospital beds to nursing homes,hospitals, and patients homes. Learned that the smallest things could brighten someones day. Management was awesome, treated you like they wanted to be treated. Co-workers was awesome, made each day fun-filled and complete. The hardest part of the job was being on call all week. The most – more... enjoyable part of the job was helping someone that could not help themselves. – less
Productive place
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCJuly 29, 2013
Atmosphere is friendly and a productive place to work bonus
Good company with good people to work with
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee), Batesville, INJuly 19, 2013
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: looming job cuts with little advance warning
Interesting work with opportunities. Looming concern that you will get caught in next staffing cut. Decisions made at high levels.
Growing and fast-paced
Asset Specialist (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJune 27, 2013
I loved working with Hill-Rom. The fast-paced yet effective enviroment was perfect for me.
Hill Rom
Field Service Representative (Current Employee), Augusta, GAJune 21, 2013
Pros: great benefit package
Cons: pay scale is flawed and their raises are too small
It can never be sure what to expect in a day working for Hill Rom. Most of our work is customer based, usually, the more they call the busier you are. I learned a lot but with the technology getting more advanced, there is something new to learn almost on a daily basis. The good service centers that perform well are well organized from the sales team – more... down to the actual service center. – less

About Hill-Rom

Hill-Rom Holdings holds Hill-Rom Company, which, in turn, holds hospital patients safe and secure. Hill-Rom makes, sells, and – Read more