Hill-Rom Employee Reviews

fab company to work for
Customer Service/Office Admin (Current Employee) –  DublinAugust 12, 2016
Really good company to work for. Very customer focus fast moving days but very rewarding. Management are lovely to deal with.
Pros
good team work
Cons
can notgive any
Nice coffee selection
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCMay 31, 2016
The coffee was great. the rest was ok. A typical day resulted in confusing direction but the direction changed enough to where I stopped caring. The managers was a boys-club. it was extremely unprofessional.
Great co-workers.
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 16, 2016
A good place to work if you like driving and being outdoors. Caring managers. I learned a lot about customer service and dealing with account personnel.
Clinical Outcome Manager
Clinical Outcome Manager (COM) RN (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 26, 2016
Recent overhaul of position took RN position and gave too much emphasis on only being successful if Sales Associate meet goal. Takes all autonomy out of being self sufficient for self accountability.
Pros
Best Products on the market
Cons
pay
worked as a contactor
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INMarch 31, 2016
clickish environment - Chicago vs Batesville

did not work as a full time employee so i would not know...

a lot of people relate to each other since Batesville is a very small place....
Pros
comfortable place to work
Cons
contractor
Fun Place to work
Forklift Operator and Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INFebruary 2, 2016
a typical day was to load or unload trucks. On occasion I would have to help locate lost parts, also Notify the correct person about Parts that we were short on so they could order more. Supply the Assembly line with parts they needed. Inventory, Inspection and Safety. I also passed the Zone Lead Test and was considered a Back up Zone Lead.
Pros
Close to home and Really Good Pay
Cons
I am laid off 2 times a year.
good
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNApril 28, 2016
Go to work everyday. Stay force. Be nice, get alone with everyone and be friendly to your co-workers. Nothing is hard if you stay force and love your job. Your job its an get away from home.
Pros
8-5 job
Cons
weather
A great company to work for
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 25, 2015
I currently am employed there and I enjoy my job and the people I work with. I like that I am helping people.Management staff is really involved and they actively participate in daily task, which helps enforce the teamwork culture.
contract employee
Instructor Trainer - Part-Time (Current Employee) –  Richmond VA areaOctober 22, 2015
This is my part time job for 12+ years. I train patients and their families/caregivers on a specific piece of medical equipment. Great company with great support from supervisor and local account executive (sales rep). I love the one on one education and time spent with the patient/family/caregivers. It is not rushed.
Pros
time with the patient; one on one education
Gone downhill
field service tech (Former Employee) –  southJanuary 20, 2013
The benefits are the best that i have seen but the pay sucks. I dont mind working but some of the other guys were afraid of too much work. They would just sit there half the day. You will never advance your career. They will advance you but will not pay you for the position. The raises are small and unnoticeable. 2% of your basepay is the raise. They use to give quarterly bonuses but just once a year now. That 2 bonus used to be 3%. The field servie techs do not get taking care of in this company. Very stressful job to know they can lay you off at any time. That lay off is you actually you getting fired. Upper management always is changing because people keep leaving. They cant keep the good field service techs because they leave too.
Pros
working by myself, benefits
Cons
pay, management
Awesome
Medical device sales representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAMarch 20, 2016
Great company to work for. The manager where great and the product are awesome.I sold medical movable equipment. The company has five devisions, and provides many services to the medical hospital solutions.
Terrible hours, They don't care about employees
welder (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INApril 10, 2016
I worked 14 hour work days and overtime on weekends. I would tell them in advance that I couldn't work, and they would forget and punish me.
Okay...
Biomed (Current Employee) –  MarylandOctober 15, 2015
Co-workers for most part are nice to work with. As a biomedical engineer, not much advancement since the company isn't really focused on us biomeds. But it is easy job to do when you have a technical background. Good company to get experience from.
Pros
Good place to get experience from
Cons
Hard to get career advancement with
Excellent Company
Territory Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 17, 2016
I worked for Hill Rom. It is very demanding company, where I learned the medical devices and training. This company is well organized and provides training and any help you need. An excellent company to work.
Growing medical supply company
Service Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesOctober 16, 2015
Hill-Rom is a fast pased, constantly evolving company. With acquisitions coming almost yearly we are becoming one of the largest medical suppliers in the market covering many facets of healthcare. With our organic growth and cost savings initiatives you are challenged to think outside of the box to achieve these targets and have a flexable plan 3,6,12 month plans to stay on target. The business is challenging with many constantly changing factors to manage around. With the correct mindset and motivation success is possible and achieveable regularly.
Pros
Freedom to work the job as you see fit., Growing Company, opportunities to relocate and move up within the corporate structure.
Cons
HR, Hard to get HR support to handle problem employees.
interesting product
Mechanical Engineer Product Support (Former Employee) –  Batesville, InFebruary 16, 2016
Able to acknowledge new products, strong team environment with good leadership. product in the plant able to review changes as were made.
Pros
plant on site
Cons
long drive
Great place to work. New management
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 15, 2014
If you don't mind being on your feet and moving around a lot this is a great place to work. Hill-Rom will fly you to their head quarters in Batesville, Indiana for a two week training. The Houston location is under new management. They fired most if not all of the previous workers. They are hiring people with a team first mentality. You work on your own, but you are held accountable.
Pros
benefits, overtime, bonus, room for growth
Cons
constantly on your feet
perfect place to work
Account Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 6, 2016
If I could of pick the entire building with the employees up, I would and move them with me here to Atlanta.. Great place to work
Pros
Everyone was willing to help out in any areas
Cons
It was alot of work that needed to be fixed but not enough employees or funds to support it
Good company with good compensation, but undergoing significant change
Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Hill-RomJuly 27, 2012
Good people make this a very good place to work. Company likes to change management frequently that results in changing direction and strategy. Lack of job security can be a distraction. Overall, a good company, with good people but it continues to undergo significant changes.
Pros
people, compensation, location
Cons
constant management changes, lack of respect for employees, products have quality issues
Great location, Poor communication
Contract Administrator, SSS Group (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INMay 21, 2015
Each day I kept up with email request from the sales, field managers, technicians, and my direct management that included report requests, fees for service billing, credits and Essential contract administration. I was included and initiated new programs with the help of a company business analyst and my manager, to improve the accuracy of several reports and processes making my position much more streamlined and time effective enabling me to take on more responsibilities. The atmosphere of most of the management was closed off to sharing new business ideas and the communications between departments within the company was poor and absent. Hill-Rom's most desirable aspect was its location to my home and family.
Pros
The location and new process implementation
Cons
The lack of communication between departments and management