Hill-Rom Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great products with great people
Service Operations Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 26, 2016
Pros: value, fulfillment, constant change, meeting people
Cons: on-call, schedule changes, inconsistency
Very rewarding to supply necessary products for patients and nurses who appreciated the effort. Fun, friendly, great support from management to provide or allow outside the box thinking while fulfilling the customer satisfaction needed for retention.
Excellent Company
Territory Representative (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJanuary 17, 2016
I worked for Hill Rom. It is very demanding company, where I learned the medical devices and training. This company is well organized and provides training and any help you need. An excellent company to work.
A very busy and unpredictable job
Field Service Technician (Current Employee), Riviera Beach, FLJanuary 16, 2016
Pros: Overtime, bonus checks, benefits
Cons: Never get off of work on time and its physically challenging
Being a service technician for Hill-Rom is pretty challenging job and unpredictable job. Delivering, fixing, and removing the equipment upon request is what makes this job unpredictable. You never get off on time unless its a slow day.
Keep in the family
field service representative (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 11, 2016
Big brother looking over his little brother all the time/track everything you do
glorified bed pusher
learned how to clean a bed after a patient dies in it.
management sits on computer all day long. counting the beans you did for each month
co-workers frustrated unless your family
hardest part of the day-fixing a bed while a patients catheter bag of poo is in your face.
enjoyable part of the day being away from management
perfect place to work
Account Documentation Specialist (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: Everyone was willing to help out in any areas
Cons: It was alot of work that needed to be fixed but not enough employees or funds to support it
If I could of pick the entire building with the employees up, I would and move them with me here to Atlanta.. Great place to work
Horrible place to work
IT (Former Employee), Batesville, INDecember 9, 2015
Pros: Not many good benefits
Cons: Too many layoffs and Upper management out of touch with the workforce.
Terrible management had no IDEA what their workers had to do and kept putting the uneducated people in charge.
Worked 8 hours a day Mon-Fri but was not sure if I was going to have a job day to day as they kept laying people off. Management were unqualified and very unhelpful glad I left and got a better job with real managers.
Okay
Respiratory Care Field Sales Representative (Current Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 5, 2015
Okay place to work. Management is a little disorganized. Salary is okay. Good people to work with. decent immediate manager.
the hardest part of the job was working 14 plus hours a day
packer (Former Employee), Batesville, INNovember 30, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits if you dont get laid off before your 180 days
Cons: to many layoffs and pay cuts, they werent ready to run a fully stocked 2nd shift
I wouldnt leave untill every bed i had to test was tested and passed i was there for 14 hours at the most, of course it was overtime pay but i was getting home 6 oclock in the morning just to wake up and be there again by 230pm
There is recreation or excercise facility
Specialist Mechanical Engineer/Project Engineer (Former Employee), Batesville, INNovember 25, 2015
Pros: They serve free food from time to time
Cons: There is no benefits for contratcors
Hill-Rom is not a good place to work. They are hundreds of contractors that have worked there for years and no opportunity to go direct. This past year their earnings was up 20% however they layout people quite often. The work place is very political and unfriendly toward minorities.
Team Enviorment
Territory Service Representative (Former Employee), Pennsauken, NJNovember 12, 2015
Pros: Flex Time
Cons: On Call
I traveled quite a bit for Hill-Rom and no matter what service center I went to - everyone was always welcoming and helpful.
contract employee
Instructor Trainer - Part-Time (Current Employee), Richmond VA areaOctober 22, 2015
Pros: time with the patient; one on one education
Cons: none
This is my part time job for 12+ years. I train patients and their families/caregivers on a specific piece of medical equipment. Great company with great support from supervisor and local account executive (sales rep). I love the one on one education and time spent with the patient/family/caregivers. It is not rushed.
great place
Asset Specialist (Former Employee), Valhalla, NYOctober 22, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: low pay
Great place to work at, great job to just have on the side. Everyone is loving and caring, great team work. Holiday parties, incentives, etc... Great first job to have
Growing medical supply company
Service Operations Manager (Current Employee), United StatesOctober 16, 2015
Pros: Freedom to work the job as you see fit., Growing Company, opportunities to relocate and move up within the corporate structure.
Cons: HR, Hard to get HR support to handle problem employees.
Hill-Rom is a fast pased, constantly evolving company. With acquisitions coming almost yearly we are becoming one of the largest medical suppliers in the market covering many facets of healthcare. With our organic growth and cost savings initiatives you are challenged to think outside of the box to achieve these targets and have a flexable plan 3,6,12 month plans to stay on target. The business is challenging with many constantly changing factors to manage around. With the correct mindset and motivation success is possible and achieveable regularly.
Okay...
Biomed (Current Employee), MarylandOctober 15, 2015
Pros: Good place to get experience from
Cons: Hard to get career advancement with
Co-workers for most part are nice to work with. As a biomedical engineer, not much advancement since the company isn't really focused on us biomeds. But it is easy job to do when you have a technical background. Good company to get experience from.
Deliver hospital beds, sanitize them upon completion, safety oriented, on-call 24/7.
Field Service Represenative (Current Employee), AlbuquerqueOctober 13, 2015
Pros: not micomanaged
Cons: schedules are in-consistent, being on call.
Typical day is checking of the current workload and the status of the jobs that need to be accomplished throughout the day plus of the activities that need to be worked on in the warehouse.
Its not a typical type of teamwork environment, your pretty much on your own most of the time.
Great Company
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 8, 2015
Hill-Rom Company was a great job I spent 13 yrs and 11 months with the company. I was in the Capital Contracts my last 7 to 8 yrs of employment. I have know complaints with the management or any staff. It was my choice to take the Voluntary Separation in April 2014. Even through I miss the company and the job I feel I left at a good time so some of the younger guys can take the reigns. I would consider a Manager Job if offered...ha
Hill-Rom taught me time management skills and excellent customer service skills which I received two Excellence in Customer Service Quarterly Awards in 2013 and 2014.
I can't say enough good things so I will end it here.
Medical Device company, great customers and team members
Account Executive - Respiratory Care Division (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNSeptember 8, 2015
Pros: My boss was wonderful!
Cons: no new products
Great company for respiratory product for hospital and home. Hard part was no new products for 8 years. My immediate supervisor was fantastic and so was my partner in Houston.
A great company to work for
Anonymous (Former Employee), Charleston, SCAugust 25, 2015
I currently am employed there and I enjoy my job and the people I work with. I like that I am helping people.Management staff is really involved and they actively participate in daily task, which helps enforce the teamwork culture.
great place to work for
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee), Edina, MNAugust 19, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: temporary work
The hardest part was getting all the insurance claims up to date and paid. The best part is when you accomplish the task you are working on.
Fun place to work and grow
Lead Asset Specialist/Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Batesville, INAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Great Environment
Cons: None
I really enjoy working for the company. They make you feel like family and treat you with respect. The bonus checks are nice too
Headquarters