Hill-Rom Employee Reviews

excentlent company to work for.
Driver / Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Springdale, AR17 August 2017
my supervisor was the best, the other employees were great to work with.
they had a great training , good benefits lots of hours.
I got to travel to different cities to work and the other supervisors were always very receptive.
Poor Place to work
Floor Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SC8 August 2017
Company treats employees poorly, employees are under paid, workplace is a very stressful environment, there no room to advance. Benefits are at a minimum,
Pros
People are friendly
Cons
Everything else
Selfish company that only cares about pinching pennies
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Georgia24 July 2017
this could be a very great place to work, the on call is manageable in the right service center. but god forbid you add on to your existing contracts because the company will not hire more help they just expect you to figure it out while managing overtime. this company is so worried about purchasing other companies it doesn't even consider its employees. i would never recommend someone working here.
Pros
the training is basically a vacation
Cons
everything else
Physically Challenging
Field Service Technician (FST)/ Capital Technician (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TX6 July 2017
Very physical job that takes dedication and initiative! Pay is competitive, team driven and safety oriented! They train their employees very well and expect professional service. National and world wide, so have the ability to move around the country or to other countries when work is available. There are many different aspects to the company, good social skills and customer service is a must!
Pros
competitive pay, earn overtime above 40hours
Cons
on call frequently, sometimes more work than people to complete the work.
Fairly easy work.
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Batesville, IN5 July 2017
The work is enjoyable for the most part. Must have an even temper because customers who are having an issue will often take it out on us. Management is not good at relaying needed information so most stuff is learned from co-workers and trial and error. The benefits are awesome and the pays not too bad.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
lack of communication
Environnement très sociable
Agent d'entretien (Former Employee) –  Montpellier (34)2 July 2017
Très respectueux
Les opportunités de développement
Le management
Pros
Repas positif
Cons
Pas davantage
production
Rom, Machine Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SC1 July 2017
worked in manufafacturing making the hospital beds, loved the job ended up a teamleader, sadly maunufacturing closed, moved back to Batesville Indiana, so many hurt employees .
Pros
good pay
Cons
had to watch your back .
Productive great attitude and positive person
Medical Equipment Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN30 June 2017
Very productive person In a production environment. Is a very out going and humble guy. When it comes to being positive and helping others there is no limit.
Satisfactory Work Environment
Senior Model Maker (Former Employee) –  Batesville, IN17 June 2017
Working conditions in the Model Shop were satisfactory. Teamwork was emphasized. Project work was somewhat challenging with cross training a primary focal point of management.
Pros
Independent project work
Nice place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Batesville, IN14 June 2017
Nice place to work. My managers were very wonderful people and provided me with a nice work experience. I was moved around a bit due to ever changing org structures but on the positive side I felt very needed and valued that they always found a place for me whenever the structure changed.
Good People, Great Place.
Service Technician I (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GA13 June 2017
Hill-Rom was a fast paced company that were based out of Batesville, IN. I worked in the Atlanta region where it was a rapid growth in the medical field.
Pros
Working with the Hospitals, Nursing homes, and home patients
Cons
Bonuses
Poor
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  N Charleston, SC5 June 2017
When I first started working there the place was wonderful. Management was pleasant. However there was some bad company decisions the hire ups made that caused some policy changes and that's all I can say about the company.
Great company to work for small perks
Asset Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alton, IL29 May 2017
I have been at Hill- Rom for 3 years and I love it. I work at a smaller hospital and the work is very light on some days with great people to work with. I only work on the weekends and come in as needed, but overall my experience has been great with Hill- Rom. I also like the fact that I work by myself and you can work at your own pace as long as you get your work done.
Pros
Working alone, decent pay, good bonuses.
Cons
Not having a boss
Travail autonome
Technicien thérapie (Current Employee) –  Venelles (13)28 May 2017
Un travail où il faut être autonome, rigoureux et avoir l'esprit d'analyse.
Hill-Rom is a great place to work
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Firmware Test Engineer21 May 2017
Hill-Rom was a wonderful place to work. The company trained me on DOORS and other medical technology. I was in a group that was very receptive to innovation and it was fun to work for them.
Do not work here
Reapair Tech/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MO13 April 2017
The manager had favorites.
The manager allowed workers to be bullied by other workers.
The manager took no action when a favorite worker was reported for showing offensive adult videos to customers. The same worker also was reported making offensive gender comments to customers about people walking through the hospital.
Pros
Cons
read the comments above
Hill-Rom
Ouvrier polyvalent (Former Employee) –  Pluvigner (56)13 April 2017
Une journée a Hill-Rom, c'est du travail dans la bonne humeur et le respect.
fun place to work
Biomedical Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Batesville, IN6 April 2017
travel a lot all throughout the Northeast
Good Customer Service
great, good understanding of the BMET Culture
busy but fun
winter travel
talking to customers
Great place to work. They compensated you well and it was a family oriented environment.
CREDIT MANAGEMENT ANALYST/COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SC27 March 2017
I was in collections, so my day consisted of analyzing accounts and calling to collect on those accounts. Sometimes I had to correct invoices or research an invoice that a hospital disputed. There were monthly "stuffing" parties where we would all meet in the conference room and stuff the invoices that went out that month. I learned to be a professional there. The hardest part of the job was not meeting your goal at the end of the month. The most enjoyable part was meeting your goal at the end of the month.
Pros
Bonuses for meeting your goals.
Cons
When the CFO comes to meet with the team didn't meet their goals.
Work load can be a bit much
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV20 March 2017
Deliver to hospitals all over the valley, from early AM till late evening. They had you on deliver time schedule, expecting things to be finished in a determined amount of time. Hard to put a time limit on each issue as they are all different.
Pros
Day shift
Cons
Lots of work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hill-Rom. Our community is ready to answer.