Hill-Rom

Hill-Rom Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A productive and fast paced company.
Service Technician Team Lead (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 29, 2015
Pros: Every day is different
Cons: Long shifts at times
This company is ever changing and full of various products to learn about. An individual would never get bored working for this company, because there is always somewhere new to go to deliver products or someone new to speak with.
Great location, Poor communication
Contract Administrator, SSS Group (Former Employee), Batesville, INMay 21, 2015
Pros: The location and new process implementation
Cons: The lack of communication between departments and management
Each day I kept up with email request from the sales, field managers, technicians, and my direct management that included report requests, fees for service billing, credits and Essential contract administration. I was included and initiated new programs with the help of a company business analyst and my manager, to improve the accuracy of several reports and processes making my position much more streamlined and time effective enabling me to take on more responsibilities. The atmosphere of most of the management was closed off to sharing new business ideas and the communications between departments within the company was poor and absent. Hill-Rom's most desirable aspect was its location to my home and family.
Nice quite easy place, busy though.
QARA Complaint Analyst (Current Employee), Cary, NCMay 19, 2015
Pros: great place
Cons: Temps are treated different, unfairly
You own private desk, desk phone with video chat, remote from home travel laptop. Tues and Friday great food trucks. Site gym. Its better if your perm and not temp worker. Temps are treated very very different.
helping others
Tech (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 18, 2015
• Diagnose and troubleshoot computerize beds
• Install and configure hard drives
• Deliver tested units to Hospitals
• Install and configure hardware peripherals
Good work enviroment
Associate (Former Employee), Batesville INMay 11, 2015
Pros: Great work enviroment
Cons: Laid off a lot
The work environment is great. The best staff and management by-far. the only down side is you get laid off a lot. Great pay and benefits. everyone works together.
A Day in Respiratory Care
Business Development Manager (Current Employee), UK and IrelandMay 8, 2015
Cons: Large geographical area
My working days differ hugely, one day I can be on the road heading to see a patient and setting up a clinical trial. Another day could be meetings with finance, a potential distributor or attending a conference. I also work from home on occassion to keep up to date with admin, customer communication and strategic planning.
My key interests and areas I would like to focus on are business management, market access, clinical marketing, research, learning and development. The skills I have in these areas can easily be transfered to other working environments and as a previous NHS employee I would welcome the opportunity to go back to an environment outside the commercial world but bringing my commercial knowledge to that environment.
Great Company But Unfortunate End
Technician (Former Employee), StocktonMay 8, 2015
Pros: freedom, overtime availability
Cons: contract loss out of workers hands, long working hours
The company lost a big client in the north east which caused the employees to lose jobs. I really liked working for Hill Rom especially the freedom to get on with the job and take control of the everyday running of the north east branch. Unfortunately, the NHS wanted to pursue lower costs for their healthcare providers and we lost the contract.

I'd start the day by visiting the hospitals around the north east, collecting items of Hill Rom and taking them back to basecamp to clean, repair and redeliver to other hospitals. We supplied the hospitals with superbeds, electrical items and airflow mattresses for patients. I dealt with nurses and HCAs often and had to have a good working relationship with them.
great company to work for
Field service technician (Current Employee), Batesville, INApril 24, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: breaks might get cut short, long days
my work load has dropped dramatically. I really enjoy my job. I get to travel between states and I get to meet all walks of life. I build a rapport with all patients and facilities I visit. the management is good accept getting you help when you need it. Co-workers are excellent we all get along great. there is no hard part about my job.
Great Company
AUTHORIZATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Shoreview, MNApril 22, 2015
Hill-Rom is a great place to work. The knowledge and experience obtained has taken my knowledge in the healthcare industry to a new level. I loved working for the company and the people are fabulous. I loved the monthly push to increase revenue it kind of gave you a goal to stride for and push to improve constantly. I also loved the level of customer service this company provides to its patients.
Overall Hill-Rom is an average place to work
Sales (Current Employee), Batesville, INApril 14, 2015
Hill-Rom was an exceptional place to work at one time, however that time has passed and it can no longer be described that way.
It was a good company to work for, productive and fun at times.
Documentation/Billing Specialist (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCApril 4, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was talking with the patients and know that their were happy with the product. The hardest part of the job was telling a patient that they didn't qualified for the product. I learned a lot about Insurance Companies, Medicaid and Medicare.
Very good company
Assembly (Former Employee), Batesville, INApril 3, 2015
Pros: paychecks
Cons: not 40 hours gauranteed
morning stretches
company overview( weekly rates, production levels, job openings, etc.)
gather up paperwork parts etc
closing stretches and meetings
very friendly enviroment
Assembler on Progressa Line (Current Employee), batesville, inMarch 29, 2015
Pros: decent pay
Cons: short breaks
day flies by while staying productive

build 16-20 bed a day

management is very helpful along with the utilities

lots of overtime
Very successful company which I enjoyed working for.
National Manager of Clinical Services (Former Employee), Worked from home officeMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Trusting environment
Cons: Required travel to multiple hospitals each week
Was given the option to work from home or come into the office which I appreciated the trust offered to do this. Worked with a great team. Provided with a computer to complete the job. Office was in Charleston, SC. Management was also good.
Wonderful People and Amazing Atmosphere
Security (Current Employee), Batesville, INMarch 24, 2015
Pros: The people and the job. I thrive in helping others obtain their goals.
Cons: Just not enough hours available and no benefits.
Couldn't ask for better people to work with and for. Some of the best people I've ever met from the summer help to CEO's of multimillion dollar companies. I truly love working out at Jawacdah Farm and the surroundings are as therapeutic as any place I've been. Just a wonderful atmosphere.
Hill-Rom is a great place to work , both in sales and in operations
Architectural Specialist (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: working at home, live work balance
Cons: low draw every year. you must live on savings most of the year.
I enjoyed working in sales for HRC. The freedow to work at home, and represent the company within 200 miles or more from home was unprecedented to me. Why commute to an office ?

I was happy there for over 5 years, and built up the territory for them. The company has a strong support background in Indiana.
Enjoyable place to work
Materials Management Specialist (Former Employee), Batesville, INMarch 13, 2015
Pros: enjoyable
Cons: low pay
I loved working for Hill-Rom.

Very family oriented. They cared about their employees and showed it.

The people were fantastic! Like family

Great support and team work.

Management listened
Minimal opportunity for growth, 1st line and regional management needs overhauled
Asset Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 11, 2015
Ensure shift is staffed and provide equipment to hospital. Assist in setting inventory levels. Give coaching sessions and provide annual performance appraisals
Not just my co-workers, they became my friends
Quality Assurance Regulatory Affairs Specialist (Current Employee), Batesville, INMarch 7, 2015
Happy to discuss in person as I do not wish to leave such feedback on a forum like this, however I have enjoyed it. The assignment at this employer is temporary, however would love to stay.
Horrible Team Leader/Manager
Complaint Specialist (Former Employee), Batesville, IndianaMarch 7, 2015
In training we were told we could smoke in our cars, we would receive laptops and headsets, we could work up to 8 hours a week in overtime and we could work the hours that was best for us. All of this was a lie. We never received laptops, we were denied overtime and treated badly if we wasn't there from 8-5. The team leader was very rude! She would put her hand up in your face and say I don't have time for you right now. I was terminated with no reason and then told by the temp company it was because I invited other employees to smoke with me and that they had spoke to me about it two times? This never happened and they never spoke to me about anything. The team leader spoke to everyone like they were animals. We were told to do things this way by one person and then told to do it differently by another. No body did anything the same way. Horrible place to work unless you're a backstabbing liar.

1 2 3 4 5

About Hill-Rom

Hill-Rom Holdings holds Hill-Rom Company, which, in turn, holds hospital patients safe and secure. Hill-Rom makes, sells, and – Read more