Senior Property Manager
Highstreet Ventures Inc. is a Kelowna, BC based real estate development company specializing in multi-family projects in Western Canada, currently building 400-600 homes per year (see www.highstreetventures.com for details). We are currently enjoying rapid growth and are looking for a hard-working, entrepreneurial person to join our team in Kelowna.
Your role will be to oversee the lease up and on-going operation of apartment buildings throughout Western Canada and assist with the marketing and customer service on condo projects as necessary. You will be primarily responsible for:
- Hiring and managing on-site managers at our sites in Western Canada;
- ensuring a culture of customer service and respect pervades the organization to create homes where people want to live;
- quality control inspections prior to occupancy by tenants;
- leading the new building lease up process including managing the marketing program;
- setting up systems for managing rent rates, tenant screening and qualifying, and financial and operational reporting through property management software;
- setting up effective customer service systems for managing repairs and maintenance in homes;
- implementing thorough maintenance programs for each project and ensuring our buildings are maintained to the highest standards; and,
- maximizing the net operating income throughout the portfolio, within the boundaries of other goals that will include safety, cleanliness, quality and customer service.
Experience in the following areas are essential:
- 5 years minimum in managing rental apartment buildings, including maintenance and leasing;
- Knowledge of building systems and operation on apartment buildings;
- managing people, preferably experience with a geographically diverse workforce;
- demonstrated results in achieving high levels of customer service;
- marketing and sales; and,
- property management software, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- a Property Management Designation would be preferred; and,
- Diploma or Degree in Management, Marketing, or Real Estate preferred.
Travel of 5-10 days per month in Western Canada will be expected in this position. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Highstreet also offers the opportunity to share in the profits and ownership of our projects so that your total compensation can be well above industry average.
Please email your resume. We will contact you for an interview if we see an opportunity to work together.