Wanted: A junior graphic designer who loves to project manage.
For kicks, you design the s**t out of a Critical Path.
It’s an unusual request in our industry, but frankly we don’t think it should be.
You see, the life of the junior designer is often a cloaked one. You huddle away, working feverishly, dedicating your heart, soul and not-insubstantial gifts to ideas that someone else then sweeps up into their arms and disappears to present to that magical being known as, “The Client.”
You sit. And wait. And then that same someone comes back and gives you a thumbs up or down on your thinking and your work. Like Caesar.
Why is it like that?
No good reason. That’s just how it is, so that’s good enough for a lot of people. Not us. We want your passion, conviction, ideas and your presence. Because no one speaks to an idea better than the person who gave it life.
But with such great opportunity comes responsibility. You can’t just be an “idea person” who lets other people work out the details. You are those other people. And you love working out those details. It keeps you up at night in the inspired way, not the I-wish-I-could-sleep way.
You need to be articulate, an “i” dotter and “t” crosser, thoughtful, respectful and possessed of two ears and one mouth: in the metaphorical sense as well as anatomical. Although if you’re missing an ear, that’s good too. We’re an equal opportunity employer. Plus, that’s very Van Gogh.
- Graduated from a Graphic Design program with ideally a few years experience;
- Organize things compulsively because disorder makes you nauseous;
- Thrive under pressure. Like those fish at the bottom of the ocean;
- Can demonstrate creative problem-solving ability;
- Want to work with award-winning creative colleagues with 20+ years experience who may not get your pop cultural references;
- Love small teams because we don’t intend to get big;
- Know that the most competitive, talented people are also the nicest. And you’re one of them;
- Have transportation and are good at getting from A to B. C is a bonus;
- Wake up every day astounded that someone pays you to do what you love most.
We are Partners & Hawes – a brand behaviour company rooted in developing purpose-driven cultures. Founded in 2012 under the observation that brand aligned organizations succeed more often and to a greater degree than those who are not. Lead by Taya Hawes-Puiu, in our single year of infancy, we have launched the VitaD Sunshine Egg and branded; Vitala Foods, Noodle Box Restaurants, Abbotsford Christian School, Shape Properties Highstreet and Brentwood Town Centre, a frock shop called Champagne & Lace, SCI Energy in the Silicon Valley, Concord Pacific’s Calgary project, and were just awarded the organizational re-brand for Arts Umbrella. Whew.
How to apply
Send us your CV and Portfolio by September 9th to Gae Wakabayashi gae @ partnersandhawes.com. Our goal is to have found each other and have you up and running by October 1, 2013
Looking for our website? That’s going to be your first project.