Highstreet will be a future 600,000 square foot open air regional shopping centre anchored by Walmart SuperCentre, London Drugs, Marshalls and a Cineplex VIP Cinemas, bringing a new experience in shopping, dining and entertainment to the Valley.
Highstreet is one of a series of retail development properties owned and operated by Shape Properties Corporation.
This position is responsible for a variety of on-site functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable and general administrative duties.
- Process and collect monthly rent cheques
- Daily/weekly bank deposits
- Maintain accounts receivable aging report and summary of arrears
- Communicate with tenants on-site and with head office staff regarding billing inquires
- Generate miscellaneous invoices as well as adjust and reconcile tenants’ accounts
- Responsible for monthly percentage rent billings, collections and administration
- Collect and input monthly sales data and yearly audited sale statements from tenants
- Monitor rental arrears, prepare notifications, demand and default notices and follow-up with tenants to ensure timely payment of monthly rent
- Process and code invoices while acquiring appropriate approvals
- Forward all invoices to Head Office
- Respond to vendor calls regarding receivables
- Record keeping, filing and organization of payables
- Administration of petty cash
Other Administrative Duties
- Prepare and distribute rental set-ups including initial rental advice notices and cover letters to tenants
- Maintain occupancy/vacancy reports
- Maintain lease files and architect certificates
- General secretarial duties as required
- Input and keep accurate records of Centre Services income
- Prepare payroll documentation to submit to H.O.
- Maintain records for vacation entitlement, sick time
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager
Experience and Education:
- Post-secondary education preferred with emphasis on bookkeeping\accounting
- Minimum 3 years of related industry experience, preferably in a commercial property management
- Advanced skills in Microsoft office applications (MS Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Strong working knowledge in bookkeeping software - experience with Yardi an asset
- Possess strong organizational, time management and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Analytical thinker with the ability to meet deadlines while taking responsibility for all tasks assigned
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and with external partners
- Demonstrates personal integrity and honesty
- Must be friendly, approachable, proactive and solution focused
Indeed - 19 months ago