Highmark Safety Solutions Inc. – Calgary, AB
Highmark Safety Solutions is a provider of multiple safety services with a focus on safety program development and management, providing quality site safety personnel, and offering a wide variety of cost effective safety supplies.
We are currently providing onsite safety personnel for numerous industrial and oilfield projects. We value our team members and their commitment to the organization, recognizing their contribution to the ongoing success of Highmark Safety. Our team is always looking for qualified individuals to join us in assisting our customers in developing their safety culture.
Highmark Safety is currently accepting applications for contract Safety Coordinators.
The HSE coordinator role is Calgary based, typically a Monday to Friday work schedule, and will require frequent field visits and occasional field posting. Salary range for this position is from $50,000 to $80,000 yearly.
This is a temporary contract position that will result in permanent employment. The successful candidate will be providing support to our projects and operations based staff with incident reporting, safety orientation, audits and training in addition to providing information on environmental and safety legislative standards, and will be primarily responsible for:
- Liaising with clients, owners and other subcontractors
- Reviewing investigation, medical and various other reports
- Completing Behaviour Based Observations; and
- Acting as an ambassador of project and company quality health, safety, and environment programs.
- Provide support to ClearBakk's operations and support staff relating to HSE issues and initiatives
- Support Operations personnel in writing project specific safety, quality and environmental plans and procedures
- Monitor HSE legislation, compliance status, workplace hazards, incident trends, program efficiencies, and internal staff and external client requirements to identify changes that may impact the HSE Program
- Communicating safety standards to workers at worksites to ensure compliance with Company. Provincial, Federal - Legislation, Industry Standard and IRPs
- Coordinate Loss Control Management, including Workers' Compensation and incident investigation reports and procedures, records and statistics management, and return to work programs
- Complete Period-end and quarterly reporting procedures and Internal and external auditing procedures
- Develop and facilitate implementation and ongoing maintenance of safety management systems (ie. COR, Complyworks, ISNetworld)
- Two (2) or more years' experience as a Safety Coordinator;
- Completion of the National Construction Safety Officer Program and/or, completion of an Occupational Health and Safety Certificate Program;
- Strong technical safety expertise (risk management and safety management systems, loss control management, hazard identification, incident investigations, emergency preparedness and response);
- Willingness to travel, anticipated travel up to 50%
Indeed - 11 months ago