- -Performing regular field safety inspections at work sites
- -Communicating safety standards to workers at work sites to ensure compliance with Company. Provincial, Federal -Legislation, Industry Standard and IRPs.
- -Ensuring all workers understand their roles with respect to health and safety
- -Promote the awareness of hazard identification, elimination and control
- -Ensure all elements of the BSP are met as to COR Compliance
- -Provide health and safety support to operations relative to regulatory compliance and industry standards
- -Report directly to H.S.E Manager
- -Ensure all incidents are reported to the H.S.E Manager in a timely fashion
- Primary responsibility is to assist in the implementation and development of HSE policies and procedures to enhance the HSE management systems.
- Conduct required safety reporting, preparation of monthly safety statistics, trending and presentation to Management team;
- Investigate incidents to determine root cause and determine appropriate mitigation to minimize incident recurrence;
- Participate in pre-job and tailgate meetings at job sites with a specific focus on Job Safety Analysis for quality and completeness;
- Participate in Contractor Management health and safety assessments.
- Assist in maintaining the area and site MSDS database and binders.
- Review/summarize/analyze/trend Hazard Identification/ Safety Observation Cards and report to management.
- Identify training needs, assess and recommend the most efficient way to achieve desired results.
- Review/summarize/analyze/trend site inspections
- Maintaining a strong positive health and safety presence in the field. This includes:
o At the field level , providing direction to workers regarding the hazard assessment systems and ensure compliance;
o Ensuring site is inspected on an ongoing basis to identify and correct unsafe acts and conditions
- Conducting site safety orientation for new hires on all projects and managing the documentation;
Education & Requirements
- Two (2) or more years’ experience as a Safety Coordinator;
- Completion of the National Construction Safety Officer Program or, completion of an Occupational Health and Safety Certificate Program;
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong technical safety expertise (risk management and safety management systems, loss control management, hazard identification, incident investigations, emergency preparedness and response);
- Willingness to travel, anticipated travel up to 50%;
- Leadership skills to act as a role model, promoting a positive influence on the work of others through demonstration of technical expertise and effective interpersonal skills;
Indeed - 18 months ago