The Highliner Plaza and Conference Centre is looking for a part-time to fulltime Night Auditor that would also work day shifts when the hotel is busy. The Night Auditor must possess a positive and upbeat personality with a desire to deliver outstanding customer service to our guests. Also it is imperative for the Hotel Front Desk Representative / Night Auditor to have the ability multi-task, be detail-oriented, and be able to problem solve in order to effectively deal with internal and external customers.
-Greeting and registering guests
-Providing outstanding guest service during their stay
-Settling the guest's account upon completion of their stay
-Making and modifying reservations
-Performing concierge duties
-Answering and directing telephone calls
-Reviews arrivals list for the day and checks VIP notes and special requests
-Assigns and pre-blocks rooms for all pre-registered guests and special request
- Upsells rooms whenever possible to achieve the highest possible room rate
- Confirms out-of-order rooms with Housekeeping and updates status of rooms as necessary
- Handles foreign exchange and transactions for guests
- Maintains balanced cash floats, reporting overages or shortages, obtaining change as required
- Complete shift update and cash-out procedures balancing all transactions
-Diploma in Hospitality preferred or Hospitality industry courses in Hotel Management
- Minimum 1 year guest service experience at the Front Desk/Night Audit in a Hotel is required.
-MSI System experience is preferred
- Superior communication skills in English, oral and written; Second language an asset
- Exceptional customer service skills anticipating the needs of the guests
- Effective multi-tasking demonstrated by the ability to complete various tasks, in priority sequence with a positive attitude
- Must be comfortable working on their own
The Highliner Plaza and Conference Centre offers union wages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. Qualified applicants should respond through this ad with their Resume and Cover Letter. Only local candidates with papers to work in Canada will be considered.