Highline Mushrooms Employee Reviews

very tense work enviroment
not applicable (Former Employee) –  leaminton26 October 2017
I personally found it very tense and gossipy. it might be different for others. I went to work on time and left after work. i learned stuff that will help me in the future.
Pros
discounted product
Cons
harsh work enviroment

Dear former Leamington employee,

Thank you for candid feedback.

If there is any additional information you would to share with Human Resources, we welcome your call.

Kind regards.

worse ever
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON16 October 2017
Dont do it. they are racist. Management are the worse I've ever worked for
they keep threatening workers foreign workers
Caucasian workers that drop off application gets the resume thrown in the garbage right away
Pros
Cons
all

Dear Former Office Assistant,

It is very unfortunate that you believe that Highline is racist. We proudly employ a very diverse work group, of all shapes, sizes and colours.

We do not engage in discrimination and would never throw away an applicants resume. As you can see from our many job posted on Indeed, we are looking to hire and throwing away applications doesn't make sense.

Please contact the Director of Human Resources to speak about your concerns.

Felt like a minority in my own country
Packer (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, ON14 September 2017
Standing on your feet in one place for 8 to unlimited hours is extremely hard to do day after day. When shown around the day i was hired, everyone was sitting (immigrants only) found out the day i started you need a doctors note to have one of those stools..! No one speaks English, management on the floor all seem to be non Canadians!
Pros
paycheque
Cons
hours vary to widely, no ability to plan your life on a day to day basis

Dear Former Kingsville Packer,

Highline does not discriminate and has no room for unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people.

It seems as though our rich and diverse culture was not the right fit for you.

Best of luck with your future,

Dear Kingsville Former Packing Employee,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

If our recruiting process failed to advise of the physical demands of the packing position, or how end times can vary depending on how the mushrooms grow each day, we sincerely apologize.

The cultural mosaic that Canada openly embraces is the same values that has helped shape Highline Mushrooms. We are proud our Associates speak over 15 different languages.

Regards,

Repetitive Line work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON28 August 2017
packing on a line all day in a cold environment. its Hard on feet and hands. but you you work overtime you may get free dinner. and a benefit would be paid breaks.
Cons
working 12 hours +

Dear Leamington Former Packer Employee,

Thank you for open feedback.

We are glad you enjoyed the compensation and benefits Highline Mushrooms provides. Overtime pay and free dinner is not required, it is just how we like to treat our Associates.

The packing rooms are kept cool as mushrooms are a perishable product. Warm break rooms are provided to help during lunch time.

Regards,

Hated working there
Packer (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON25 August 2017
I felt very unwelcome at Highline ,hardly anyone speaks English. The women in the packing room are very rude,terrible hours!! Never know when you will be done each day is tough.
Pros
Travel pay
Cons
Horrible pay

Dear Former Employee,

We are very sorry to hear your coworkers were rude to you. That is not in keeping with Highline values.

You are absolutely right that not knowing when you will be done each day is tough. We are working towards scheduling improvements.

Best of luck with your future,

long hrs and
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON24 July 2017
Not a good place to work, management will not listen, its their way or no way. pay is not that good. hrs of work are different every day. if you work there only do it for a short time and move on to something better
Pros
no layoffs
Cons
long hrs

Dear Current General Labourer,

Thank you for your feedback and the opportunity to reply to your concerns.

Highline has a well known open door policy which is alive and well. If you are not experiencing this, please speak with Human Resources so we can investigate.

The hourly wage and number of benefits Highline provides is very competitive or better than many other agriculture employers. We would love to hear from about comparable positions which are providing better pay than us.

Kind regards,

Human Resources

Great place to work with a warm welcoming environment
Harvester (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON4 July 2017
Working here is like working as one big family. Some days were longer than others and sometimes you don't know when you'll make it home due to the unexpected but overall, it's a great place to work.

Dear Current Harvester,

Thank you for saying Highline is a great place to work.

Dedicated and positive professionals such as you help make the Highline family what it is!

Warm regards,

You are expendable
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Essex county8 June 2017
Some people are nice and very helpful. However, the place is driven by fear of losing income and your job. People are happy to your face and seem very friendly but will lie and do anything to keep their job.
Pros
Cons
Very long hours, stressful, unheathy culture

Dear Former Warehouse Worker,

Sorry to hear about your experiences at Highline Mushrooms.

We take these comments seriously and welcome you to call the Director of Human Resources with specifics so we can address the issues.

Wishing the best with your future,

fun place to work
Mushroom Harvester (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, ON20 April 2017
day start with harvesting mushrooms and arranging them in their specified containers..the more mushrooms you havested the more income you get..it's a family oriented kind of a company..you meet all nationalities.. it's fun
Pros
free transportation allowance
Cons
nothing

Dear Former Kingsville Harvester,

Thank you for taking the time to write about Highline Mushrooms.

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed a positive experience as part of the Highline family.

You are absolutely right that the more mushrooms you harvest, the more income you get. Many of our top Harvesters are earning almost double minimum wage! We love paying our Associates this much when they earn it!

Best regards for your future,

Human Resources

Fast paced working environment with friendly and helpful coworkers
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Wellington, ON25 February 2017
At work I typically stand in a line for 6-9 hours weighing mushrooms, or moving around stacking trays and helping the line workers. I learned how to be a quick worker and how to be very efficient. The management at Highline was very nice, as were the workers themselves. The hardest part of the job was standing around on the rare 9 hour shifts without being able to go home until everything was done. Although I really enjoyed the amount I was earning from those long hours.
Pros
Long Hours = Good Pay
Cons
Unpredictable hours

Dear Current Line Worker,

Thank you for posting your positive experiences as a member of the Highline family.

It is great to hear the team is nice to work with and you are learning important work skills.

We know our mushrooms grow at their own pace and we have to be there when they are ready to be harvested for our customers. This is why we gladly pay overtime even though we are not required to do so!

Keep up the good work,

Great Management Core
WHARF MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Wellington, ON12 December 2016
Senior Management knows everyone and addresses everyone by name, very helpful and prompt to concerns and improvements

Dear Former Wharf Manager,

Thank you for your feedback. Knowing every Associate is part of the bigger Highline family is core to our values and continued success.

Wishing you every success in the future,

Human Resources

Its a good place to work just trying to better my family and i life
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, ON31 August 2016
I have learned a lot here from raw compost to finish mushroom and all machinery that goes along with it from welding to changing bearings to servicing work trucks tractors and more
Pros
Good benifits always work to do
2 November 2017

Thank you Current Kingsville employee for your feedback.

It is great to hear you are learning and gaining new skills!

Highline has great pride in the competitive pay and extra benefits provided.

You are right that long hours are worked. We are working hard to hire more talented people to help the team gain better work - life balance.

Regards, Human Resources

nice place to learn
Process Improvement Engineer Co-op (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON8 February 2016
Working here was really a good experience
Managing time is really helpful and flexible to what we wanted to offer as a form of ideas
Many improvement ideas are considered and accepted
Pros
timely lunch, very flexible to duties
Cons
Farm, Advancing company and old machines

Dear Former Co-op PI Engineer,

Your feedback is sincerely appreciated.

Please keep Highline in mind for future career opportunities!

productive
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON7 December 2015
amazing company takes care of their staff, very upbeat and it was a thrill to work for such a thriving company. Would be willing to work there again in the future
6 November 2017

Dear Former Machine Operator,

Your feedback is sincerely appreciated.

Please keep Highline in mind for future career opportunities!

Human Resources

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Highline Mushrooms. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6