Highland Farms

Highland Farms Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Assistant Grocery Manager
Assistant Grocery Manager (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONJanuary 26, 2014
The grocery department is very engaging with a lot of variety of products to manage.
friendly work enviroment
Store Clerk (Former Employee), mississaugaJanuary 21, 2014
working individually and with co - workers was a good work experience .
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 12, 2013
Pros: 2 total breaks 1 lunch
Cons: when there's nothing to do.
Typical day at work is pretty much just pur stuff out like fruits and vegetables. Learned how This Company wanted stuff to be put out properly. management was ok i guess. Co-workers where great very respectful. Hardest part would probably have to be When there was nothing to do. Most enjoyable part was When it was almost time to go home.
we have good relationsjip to our co-workers
Grocery clerk (Former Employee), highway 10 and watline drNovember 28, 2013
Pros: no pay in lunch and breaktime
Cons: 9 hours works
Even the time and schedule are going to workplace, we are happy see each other.Even though minimum wages and this is my first job in ontario seen i been in here.if you have a problem we got solve it not personally.I;ll be resign my job because i found a good oppotunity to work in other place and bigger salary rates.
no place to grow
Bakery clerk (Former Employee), North york ONNovember 24, 2013
Fun to work with co-workers. No place to grow.Management is mean. Hardest part of the job is carrying heavy loads.
I encountered different kind of customer
Kitchen Helper / Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 13, 2013
Pros: when i finished my job everyday
Cons: long hours of standing
I'm working full time and with flexible schedule
I learned to mingle different kind of personality
Management are focused in thier customer
We enjoy working with each other
The hardest part when you went home 10:30pm closing time.
I enjoy in talking with different customer as practise of customer service relationship
slave wages when all is said and done
manager (Former Employee), Dufferin, MapleNovember 12, 2013
Cons: still 1963
how they have not been shut down amazes me. Long hours, no time off, treated with contempt, no communication, hourly staff run scared, management are abused.
It was a very enjoyable and knowledgeable company to work for until the separation took place.
Assistant Produce Manager (Former Employee), 4750 Dufferin streetOctober 11, 2013
Pros: gained wide range of knowledge product wide
Cons: change of work environment, lack of loyalty
hard work but i like
Meat Cutter (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONSeptember 27, 2013
being a meat cutter is not a easy job but your always learning.
the hard part of the job is when there so much cutting all day.
but when you work with good group of people like i do its not so bad
the best part about working at highland farms is we joke around alot
with my co workers we have alot fun. my manager help us out when we need it.
Would Never Work for Highland Farms ever again!
Former Employee (Former Employee), Mississauga LocationAugust 27, 2013
Pros: paid weekly no other pros
Cons: to many to list ... lol
In a very short time frame, the people seemed very disorganized and always complaining about the money they make or to much work.

The human resources gives you the benefit package not the greatest compared to other companies and provides no guidance.

The office enviroment had to many chiefs and not enough indians if you know what I mean. Everyone – more... wanted to be someone with no hard work except complaining and looking out for their jobs.

In the grocery store the owners walk around over looking everything and if something is wrong they will scream.

They will not pay any over time and if you take breaks for doctor's or emergencies they will deduct your pay.

Good luck to all future employees be aware of your surroundings. If you really need a pay cheque this is a good place to start until another opportunity comes along. – less
learn new things
FT Cashier (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 5, 2013
Pros: financial security, nice co workers
Cons: not very good schedule
as a new immigrant, i have learnt a lots of new things here such as canadian way of communication, life style, different cultures etc. very tiring job with lots of responsiblity, tough rules and regulations. nice co workers. very flexible schedule. cannot afford to a second job with that job. financial security.
Great Management
DELI CLERK (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 29, 2013
Nice place to work but it was hard to handle two small kids and the job.
A part time job after school that was enjoyable
Customer Service/Meat Dept. (Former Employee), ScarboroughApril 3, 2013
Highland Farms was a great part time after school job that taught me responsibility.
The job was easy
Lot Attendant (Former Employee), 50 Matheson Blvd EMarch 16, 2013
Pros: cheaper lunches
Cons: not enough work
The job was easy but sometimes in the middle of the day there wouldn't be a lot of customers, so there was not a lot to do and it got boring standing around. So i would have to walk around the store and pick up garbage which sometimes wasn't there at all. Overall the management and the co-workers were all good people but i just could not stay there – more... because i needed something to do constantly. – less
nice clean place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Dufferin St Torono,OnMarch 14, 2013
Cons: long shifts
Great place to work, if co-workers don't try to be your boss. not good for mothers with young child. teammates don't help you when you ask, as a trainee co-workers should help you as needed.
Very friendly and productive place to work
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 13, 2012
Pros: all the different types of meat
When i worked at Highland Farms I would be working in both sections of the deli meat/cheese my main department was meat. I learned how to work in a very busy environment without getting overwhelmed. I also learned a lot of different types of meats and cheeses working there. The people i worked with were very friendly after a short while working there – more... it kinda felt like family. The hardest part of my job there was probably dealing with customers that i couldnt really understand or just hard very bad manners, but working there also helped me with how to deal with that. – less
Slicing products in the machines & serve what costumers needed.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 12, 2012
Pros: points card
Cons: full time
I work 40 hours a week in this company.I learned how to work independently,I learned how to be well organized. I learned how to deal with people at all levels specially the needs of difficult costumers.I learned to be more patient. l build a strong communication skills .We have a good salary & benefits.It's fun working with my co-workers because they – more... are so nice & very helpful. Its been hard for me when I was new in this company because I have to memorized all the cold cuts products and slice in the machine & served to the costumers but after I learn everything about it I already enjoyed it specially dealing with costumers and hearing from them a nice words like they are very satisfied about my service. – less
good starter job
Customer Service/ Cashier (Former Employee), mississauga onSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: store discount
Cons: late closing
Nice place to work . the only problem is that the late closing of store. its hard especially to mothers.
Fun and relaxed environment to work in. Great Staff!
Cashier / Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Maple, ONSeptember 7, 2012
Pros: employee discount card and discounted meals
Cons: irregularity of shifts
If I had one word which can describe my day at work, it would be "flexibility." When I get there I do my routinely walk to the punch clock, to begin the next 8 1/2 hours of my life. However I had the opportunity to work or oversee what takes place at the different sections of this supermarket, including the deli, bakery, caffe, meat and seafood department, – more... flower shop, cashier, grocery and administration.

The most enjoyable part of the day however was working alongside some of the best members of staff I have ever worked with in my life. We worked diligently while help keeping a smile on each others faces. What I learned the most from this job was how to deal with people from all walks of life and their concerns and the importance of having good customer service skills.

For me there is nothing I can think of that is difficult. There are times, especially on weekends when the store is busier than usual and more staff and assistance is required, but I make it through quite good, with little difficulty. – less
the whole store is a very good working area...big, bright,clean, quiet....
Cake Decorator & Pastry Chef (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONAugust 3, 2012
Pros: wide and clean working place
Cons: a lot of politics, none of social activities
I can have my own creation.
The company provides us a set of clean uniform everyday.
We have a bright & clean working place.

Highland Farms Photos