Who We Are:
Higher Grade Learning Centre is the Lower Mainland's premier tutoring services company focused on providing personalized education to students who need academic support and want to excel.
Our philosophy is to help students of all levels achieve new heights in their learning. We bring together a vast number of high-impact, custom education services to ensure success. Higher Grade Learning Centre is a student-centered environment that ensures the individual spirit of each child is carefully protected and nurtured.
We are currently looking to fill the role of a part time Administrative Assistant. Please note, this is not just a position for summer, this is a continuous role.
General Job Description:
- Completing all student files and ensuring that all required documentation is provided
- Organizing students for sessions
- Entering student information into database
- Communicating with parents and tutors
- Using payment machine to take payments
- Keeping reception area tidy and organzied
- Multi-tasking with database, answering phones, directing students to correct tutor room
- Greeting students and parents with an upbeat, positive, friendly and professional attitude
- Working with schedules for student sessions
- Minimum 1-2 years of previous Administrative experience
- Positive attitude
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Experience in a similar education environment is considered an asset
- Ability to multi-task and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office
- Speaking Punjabi is considered an asset
- Attention to detail is a must
This is a part time job, offering approx 20-25 hours a week at a starting wage of $11/hour. After three months a performance evaluation will take place and wage increase will be determined at that time.
The hours are from 3-9pm Monday to Friday and Saturdays from 10-5pm and Summer hours would reverse to day time hours between (10-6)