Highbanks Society is an organization that provides individual family unit accommodation and integrates support services for parenting youth and their children. We promote education and self-development while fostering peer support and a sense of community.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone who has a passionate desire to make a difference in the lives of our young, single moms as they work to complete their education and go on to become effective parents and productive members of society.
With the collaborative support of the Executive Director, the role of Program Director includes, but is not limited to:
- Fulfilling all the expectations of service (intake, assessment, case plan, case plan evaluation, reporting and follow through) with each resident family
- Providing both individual counseling and group parenting sessions, with a focus on attachment parenting
- Collaborating with community agencies regarding individual resident needs
- Providing supportive counseling regarding matters such as careers, school registration, funding access, daytime childcare
- Creating and facilitating early evening programs to encourage skill building and personal growth for both the young moms and their children
- Guiding residents toward independence while providing skilled encouragement and support
- Communicating with residents and past residents through, for example, weekly newsletters and Social Media
- Ensuring that outcomes, assessments, service plans, etc. are current and up to date
- Master’s of Social Work or Chartered or Chartering Psychologist
- Minimum of two years experience with case management
- Training and experience in personal crisis and supportive counseling
- Experience with attachment parenting
- Knowledge of and experience with Child and Family Services and other social service agencies available to young women and children
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible in time, place of work and engagement strategies, innovative and client-centered
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both as a member of a team, as well as independently
- Proven ability to manage crisis situations effectively using creative problem solving and de-escalation skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that meets the needs of the families
Current registration with the relevant professional association, as well as all necessary security clearances, is required.
Please forward your resume by Friday, July 16th to:
Please indicate salary expectations and availability. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.