Responsible for recruiting qualified applicants for admission to the college’s academic programs in accordance with company policies and regulations. Reporting to the College Admissions Manager, the Career Counselor will be achievement oriented, a role model in demonstrating professionalism, display the highest ethical standards and have a passion for helping others achieve life goals.
Westervelt is one of ECC’s – Education Consolidation Corporation’s Colleges which also include Robertson Colleges in Western Canada.
Key Job Elements
- Conduct interviews and determine appropriateness of candidates for admission based upon career goal compatibility.
- Accurately and completely explain educational programs, expected outcomes, student services and financial consideration to students.
- Evaluate and resolve student inquiries, issues, and problems, and ensure appropriate action is taken to the satisfaction of the student, college and/or regulatory agencies.
- Uphold enrollment standards by complying with related governmental regulations and standards of accreditation, and by enrolling only students who meet eligibility requirements as published in the college's catalog.
- Manage inquiries to achieve prompt contact and performance activity weekly goals; utilize approved recruitment policies/formats; make prompt and effective contact with inquiries and redirect unqualified candidates based upon incompatible career goals.
- Accurately forecast projected new students on a periodic basis for Campus Admissions Head.
- Use Company approved Admissions materials during telephone calls, interviews and enrollment process.
- Observe and adhere to all Company polices and best practices.
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate course of action.
- Consistently conduct follow-up meetings with students to ensure successful matriculation.
- Assist team members and departments with data collection and problem solving.
- Participate in various recruitment and enrollment activities including: open houses, presentations, training sessions, orientation programs, career days, etc.
- Bachelors degree in business or a related field and/or a combination of admissions recruitment, advisory or consultative sales experience.
- Competent in the use of MS Office as well as software packages and systems for data input and reporting.
Skills & Abilities to:
- Interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Listen to students/ team members and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
- Adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
- Manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
- Understand and respect cultural differences
- Contribute best ideas and approaches
- Achieve set targets and be motivated by, and interpret target metrics
We thank all applicants but only those who will be invited for an interviewed will be contacted. Please forward your Resume and Cover Letter by May 15th