Position: R&D Food Technologist / Commercialization Technician
Department: Product Development
Reports To: Senior Director, Product Development
Our client is a rapidly growing and profitable mid-size company specializing in the manufacturing of aseptic low acid natural food and beverage products. Founded in 2004, the company has a strong track record of growth and solid financial backing. Our client is privately owned and employs approximately 200 people in two state-of-the-art facilities in Cambridge, Maryland and Toronto, Canada.
As an employer, our client offers a very collegial, team-oriented culture that is informal yet highly professional. The senior leadership team is comprised of leading industry professionals from tier-one food and consumer packaged goods companies who provide exemplary leadership and mentoring to their teams. The company fosters a culture of dedicated and friendly colleagues who are solutions-oriented and who possess a high commitment to quality. Employees have the opportunity to contribute to the growth and development of the organization, and to grow their careers in expanding and evolving roles within a company that values innovation and initiative. Our client offers industry-competitive compensation and benefits packages.
This position performs product development activities related to regulatory compliance, label review, ingredients, food direct contact packaging materials, and improvements on existing products. This role also provides support to other activities in the Product Development function as needed. This position is with a fast-paced environment of changing priorities, multiple projects and short deadlines.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Aid in the development and commercialization of new products according to the requirements of the Sales and Marketing function from concept development to product launch; provide technical supports for customers, and other functions.
- Evaluate and approve new materials including: perform functional tests, conduct risk assessments.
- Provide support to the Director of R&D to develop all the documents related to new products such as regulatory compliance, label reviews, BOM specification, production process, product specification, shelf life, etc.
- Conduct shelf life studies, evaluate product stability, and recommend product shelf life.
- Monitor regulatory updates.
- Develop and maintain all packaging component specifications containing up-to-date information including approved raw materials, package specifications.
- Perform special projects and duties as assigned.
- B.S. Degree in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry, or a related life science field;
- 2 years minimum related research and development in foods or consumer products; and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with consumer packaging in the Food and Beverage or related industry.
- Knowledge of food and safety regulations is required (FDA, USDA)
- Knowledge of food package and equipment, thermal processing is preferred.
- Strong computer skills, ideally with experience using Windowsbased PC programs.
- Ability to coordinate multiple group efforts within the company to achieve objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, with awareness of deadlines.
- Ability to identify processes needing improvement, and to recommend improvements.
Indeed - 15 months ago