HGS Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Belleville, ONApril 27, 2015
Good place to work and fun experience in this workplace.

Developed skills in customer service, support, interpersonal skills, problem solving and teamwork while working here.
Review of HGS Canada
Sales and minor technical support (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSApril 15, 2015
a typical day of work is signing into your phone and taking calls. Training was almost non existent and when you did get some the
systems in the training environment never worked.
Your fellow coworker are great as they are just like you, management on the other hand is all over the place with inconsistent ways of dealing with staff.
The hardest part of the job is having to sell physical things with never having ever seen them. The best part of the job is the odd customer you get to help save money.
Customer service representative
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONApril 15, 2015
Pros: shift choices
Cons: long periods of sitting
Learned multiple computer skills to provide the most beneficial customer service advice for customers, as well as helping them to have the most reliable service for their money. Being able to interact with all sorts of customers from all over and working with helpful outgoing co-workers and supervisors.
Love working with the people
Customer Service (Current Employee), Barrie OnApril 14, 2015
excellent place for advancement, willing to work with you to help you do your job better,
I love working with my co-workers like one big family
awesome workplace
Internet Technical Support (Current Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 28, 2015
Pros: friendly atmosphere
Cons: less pay and mental stress, depends on day to day basis
Its a great place to be at , the staff including the recruiters are friendly and helpful . The team leaders and floor support are extremely friendly and very supportive .
stressfull Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSMarch 22, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: cranky customers
calls start right away, a lot of yelling customers, no support, learn to rely on coworkers for help, no help from management, constantly changes rules
Good people, and a good work enviroment
CSC Agent - Customer service for Rogers (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSMarch 16, 2015
Pros: large lunch rooms, flexible schedules, and great people
Cons: dealing with complaints for rogers, the way management handled certain situations.
With HGS Canada, I would be able to go in and start as soon as the time changed to my start time. Our Lead associates were very well trained, and they had a lot of experience.

I would in on a typical day and get hundreds of calls.

We would have to go through billing - all the way to dealing with customer complaints. (Or compliments, but those were rare honestly.)

My Co-workers were why I stayed so long. They made the entire work day fun as anything, and I loved my Team Leader. We would go out after work sometimes and have food at 330 in the morning, since we were the night crew. It was great. :)
Awful place, backstabbing managers
Technical Support (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 14, 2015
Pros: it's a job, that's the only pro
Cons: everything about the job is awful.
Typical Day:

Get in, sign in to your computer and hope that your systems haven't crashed. They look up for now, but don't worry they'll crash a few times over the course of a day.

You sit waiting for the first call to come in, only taking a few seconds because wait time barely exists. Once it does come in you're greeted with no information about the customer because account pops are broken for a large number of employees. So you ask all their information and they scream at your for not having the information ready.

Now you've finally got their account up and the system of course crashes, so you wait another 5-10 minutes while everything reloads and have an irate customer scream at you.

After you've dealt with a few calls you proceed to have useless meetings led by random coworkers. They don't know what they're talking about because they were given a sheet of paper to read off of right as the meeting starts. That's how we're given crucial information, so it's often not even given out.

Finally, the end of your shift rolls around and you're looking forward to going home. Except you can't, the customer refuses to get off the phone and you're required to stay past your shift until they get off the phone.

What I learned:

HGS is completely ineffective as a call center, their systems are so completely broken I couldn't help about 1/3 of customers calling in.

They say they hire from within, but the actual advancement opportunities are so pathetic. You'll never make more than $15 000 - $20 000 here unless you get promoted to something crazy like site director (you won't, I don't – more... think I ever saw a promotion that was actually worthwhile).

Management:

Useless and only out for themselves, I was backstabbed numerous times from one specific Team Leader.

Co-workers:

Easily the best part about the job, however you don't really get the chance to ever talk or get to know them. They won't even allow personal conversations with the proprietary chat client, even on break.

Hardest part of the job:

The customers; rude, ignorant, ESL (if you're lucky)

Most enjoyable part of the job:

When I quit.

Seriously, only apply here if you are absolutely desperate.

It's easily the worst place I've ever worked at, by a HUGE margin. – less
Productive Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Barrie, ONFebruary 18, 2015
A typical day at work at HGS included the following;

- Daily Data entry
- Responsible for answering customer's concerns and complaints and was required to find solutions for them
- Responsible for adding/ removing services for customer's
- Responsible for taking credit card payments via telephone
- Responsible for maintaining quota and expected sales
- Provide knowledge about services to customer's in great detail
- Excellent Customer Service
Great place to work!
Customer Relations Agent (Current Employee), Belleville, ONFebruary 10, 2015
I loved working here, the people are great and the environment is even better! The hours are great and they are really flexible with what you want, I basically got to choose what I worked.
Grat place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSFebruary 5, 2015
Great place to work and meet new people from different cultures.I have worked with customer care and now work in the retail help desk working with the retail stores
The worst ever
telephone (Former Employee), north bayFebruary 2, 2015
Cons: all
DO NOT WORK FOR THEM

This is the worst company I have ever worked for with the worst training and a clear bias for their favorites

I now tell people who ask me if they should apply absolutely noooooo
I would recommend you go shovel poo before working there

If you want to go to the bathroom you have to ask in a company chat room for all to see and you may or may not get an answer right away or get a vague one like "wait til so and so gets back" but you don't know if they came back cause they don't tell you

Worst supervisors i ever had totally for their favorites and the heck with the rest

I would never recommend working for this company ever.

The whole management system in that place needs to change as does the training,

I would never go back there now.

Staff there need training on human rights and labor laws.

Got a bunch of kiddies running around socializing rather than doing their jobs.

The rating system for employees is outdated and wrong on so many levels
fun workplace, great people
Customer Relations Associate (Current Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 22, 2015
answer phones, and respond to customer needs.
meet daily and weekly sales targets.
create a professional experience for customers.
Lead Associate
CSR (Current Employee), Timmins, ONJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: helping
Cons: nothing
I am a Lead Associate with the current company. I do peer to peer interactions.
Fun outgoing environment
Business Wireless Specialist (Current Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 15, 2015
Since I've hit the floor, I've noticed that this company tries to help you achieve your goals, help guide you in the right direction and also coach you to better yourself in this environment. Working in this environment is not for everyone but if you do try to do this job just push through and it does get easier with time. Ask lots of questions if you dont understand. The TL's will always try to help and guide you.
NEVER AGAIN
csr (Former Employee), BellevilleJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: better then welfare
Cons: everything else
This was the worst job I had. management only treated those they liked good. My time there the majority of there management staff where usless. Could never get the same answer if you a question about HGS policy and practices from different people. Not to mention the class action lawsuit against HGS for mistreatment of employees. If i could choose between This company to or for or being the guy clean elephant waste at the circus I would choose the fecis detail
Bad place to work
Customer service representative (Current Employee), Halifax, NSDecember 10, 2014
Pros: not open till 3 anymore
Cons: lots of changes never consistent and no one knows anything
Really bad place to work but pays the bills, management is incompetent and not a thriving environment. Do not like the general duties of this job or the people.The hardest part would be dealing with HR or getting help. The LAs are as stupid as he higherups
Best Contact Centre Job, Super fun environment, Awesome Employees
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), North Bay, ONNovember 15, 2014
Pros: super fun atmosphere
Cons: occasional irate members
As a current employee, not a day goes by at work where I honestly don't enjoy myself.
Working at a call centre, to most, sounds dull and most people think it consists of nothing but irate customers [in my case, Members] calling in to scream and tare you apart limb from limb. BUT !!!!!! - I can tell you this, HGS [particularly the north bay location], is one of the most fun jobs I have ever had and is the complete opposite of stereo type contact centres!

When answering phone calls and helping people with their services - you maintain good customer relations. Its awesome how you really get to have the personal experience one on one with whomever your speaking with and help them with whatever it is they called in about. Also, I have been asked for my number several times [and NO I never gave it obviously]. Not going to lie, you do get those occasional calls that don't have the happiest person on the line but if you know what your doing, you can take control !

The pay is good, bonus incentive is awesome, hours are secure, and the opportunity to grow comes from within first so your more likely to move up in the company if you really wanted too!

I'm sure every HGS Location is different when it comes down to the services/providers we offer assistance for, but in specific, the North Bay location is AWESOME and the service provider we represent is by far one of the best on the market !

Join us, and you'll see - trust me ;)
Customer Service
Customer Care Agent and Floor Support (Former Employee), Belleville, ONNovember 14, 2014
I would receive phone calls and transfer to correct department. Help assist customers in a fast pace environment with there billing issues, file paper work. Work closely with computers and all there operating programs that the center uses to review there billing and customers accounts. I would also walk the floor of the center and assist my fellow co workers with any problems they where having assisting there customer.
Enjoyable
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Barrie, OntarioOctober 22, 2014
Great experience! Looking to further my knowledge and broaden my horizons.