HGS Canada

HGS Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Busy, Agents are great to work with
Call centre customer service agent (Current Employee), Barrie, OntarioMay 16, 2014
Pros: benefits are great
Cons: unrealistic expectations
Your entire shift consists of answering telephones and assisting customers with their services and billing issues. Most of the Agents are great fun to work with and very helpful when I am stuck on something. Hardest part or this job is trying to maintain the expectations of managers when it comes to call handling time and after call work.
HGS
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Belleville, ONMay 14, 2014
Pros: the customers
Cons: mean customers
It was always busy, I have learned many things about electronics and how to fix some technical problems. I loved everything about my job and it is a great place to work!
Productive and pleasant workplace
Customer Contact Associate (Former Employee), Belleville, ONMay 6, 2014
Learned to be a strong and independent person, enjoyed working with others
Enjoyable atmosphere, fun people to work with
Care Agent (Former Employee), Barrie, ONApril 10, 2014
As an inbound call center, HGS strives for excellent customer service and provides top quality training to fulfill their expectations and also provides a fun, positive and energetic atmosphere that provides comfort.
Great Culture
Call Centre Supervisor (Former Employee), Belleville ontMarch 19, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: no job security
No job security, but great culture. Management could work more on development with employee's.
Ground floor opportunity
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 13, 2014
Pros: occasional recognition
Cons: poor communication
The company is family based with Corporate take over. A day at work involves a number of quality individuals doing quality work. Not always provided the tools and support required to do the quality work demanded of us. The most enjoyable part of the day is the co-workers. The hardest part of the job is the frequent lack of adequate support and information. They had the opportunity to learn from other places mistakes, and for various reasons have not done so.
Great workplace but a lot of stress
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), North Bay, ONMarch 9, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: difficult customers
Working in a call center is pretty basic. Answer the phone and help the customer on the line. Tasks are as simple as paying a bill or as difficult as trying to resolve a complicated issue on the account. The management could be a little more supportive especially when it comes to supervisor calls but otherwise they are very helpful. Most of the staff are easy to get a long with and many friends can be made.
Customer service
Rogers customer service representative (Current Employee), Belleville, ONFebruary 24, 2014
*Billing Inquiries
*Upgrading/Downgrading products and services
*Sales
Nice management
Technical Relations Associate (Current Employee), Belleville, ONFebruary 18, 2014
HGS is a nice place to work. I heard it is a place where lots of advancement options. they have many Internal job postings. So go for it
Call Center
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee), Barrie, ONFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: long hours
I found this job to be stressful. I loved the people I worked with. Just couldn't work as much hours as they wanted me to.
A great starter job
Customer service rep (Current Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: company events
Cons: changing of shifts last minute and some of the management
This company has been good to me in many ways, but I just found that after 4 months being employed with them that I am not a good fit for a call centre environment. I need more interaction and one on one with customers, also I require more tasks on a daily basis instead of staying sendentary.
Poor management, Unfair and sometimes unlawful corrective action.
customer care rep (Former Employee), Belleville, OnJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, friendly co-workers, something to do.
Cons: every other aspect of the job.
I didn't learn much at this job as the training was poor and the management/trainers sometimes knew less than the trainee/employee who worked for them.
False Advertisment
Team Leader (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: it's a job
Cons: lack of communication & leadership
When I first started at HGS I was thrilled to be somewhere where the positives were the focus and you were told everyday how appreciated you were and how great a job you were doing. As time passed, that went away and communication became guarded.

I've heard other sites are run as well oiled machines and the culture is positive and fun yet professional. However, the Belleville site has a lot to overcome. The moral is down, people are frustrated and there seems to be no one that cares.
Good Place to work
Technical Support Consultant (Current Employee), Barrie, OntarioJanuary 11, 2014
great atmosphere, good people. Lots of room for advancement within the company
just another call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), dartmouthJanuary 8, 2014
just another call center... too many ex Convergys managers to be anything than another Convergys is sheep clothing
poor work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONJanuary 1, 2014
Cons: long hours, hours not flexible
Long hours, the TL's were disrespectful, they were not accepting of people with medical notes or issues. They had a problem with flexible work schedules.
Great people, needs improvement
Customer Service (Former Employee), Belleville, ONDecember 10, 2013
Pros: great health benefits as well as a discount on my gym membership
Cons: uncoordinated scheduling, unprofessional managers and supervisors
HGS overall was a great place to work, the people were amazing, management needed a little improvement but the work was never dull, I learned a lot at HGS, it taught me everything I know about sales which I believe my sales percentage was at 10% for the entire month when target percentage was at 2%. I believe that the hardest part about the job was turning a customers day the around that had noticed their bill was extremely high, but once you got past the first 10 minutes of the call they were generally happy to know that there was actually someone there to care. - the most enjoyable part of my job would have had to be the great people I had the privilege to work with every day, it made your day a lot better.
Customer care agent
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee), Belleville, ONNovember 9, 2013
Cons: sitting for extend amounts of time
The day is spent sitting behind a computer on the phone speaking with customers that have questions/ concerns about their services. Management and co-workers are for the most part enjoyable to be around. The hardest part of this would have to be having to sit for extended amounts of time.
nice people, good hours
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Belleville, ONOctober 31, 2013
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: training could be more organized, hard to advance, minimal floor support who basically don't know anything
A good place to work but hard to advance unless you're friends with management. Tend to play favorites with people, tired of dealing with customers who got bad service before coming to me then expecting me to wave a magic wand and make it better. Training could be better especially with wireless, otherwise a decent place to work.
Workplace
Consolidated Customer Care Rep (Current Employee), Belleville, ONOctober 10, 2013
Pros: discounts of services and excellent benefits
Typical day is helping customers with their billing and service issues and needs providing excellent customer service.
Have learned a great deal about how customers issues can be rectified.
Management are helpful. when you need help in any thing.
Co-workers are awesome and fun to work with we help each other get through some tough problems
Hardest part of the job is dealing with irate customers but it all works out in the ebd.