HGS Canada

HGS Canada Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Poor management, Unfair and sometimes unlawful corrective action.
customer care rep (Former Employee), Belleville, OnJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, friendly co-workers, something to do.
Cons: every other aspect of the job.
I didn't learn much at this job as the training was poor and the management/trainers sometimes knew less than the trainee/employee who worked for them.
False Advertisment
Team Leader (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: it's a job
Cons: lack of communication & leadership
When I first started at HGS I was thrilled to be somewhere where the positives were the focus and you were told everyday how appreciated you were and how great a job you were doing. As time passed, that went away and communication became guarded.

I've heard other sites are run as well oiled machines and the culture is positive and fun yet professional. – more... However, the Belleville site has a lot to overcome. The moral is down, people are frustrated and there seems to be no one that cares. – less
Good Place to work
Technical Support Consultant (Current Employee), Barrie, OntarioJanuary 11, 2014
great atmosphere, good people. Lots of room for advancement within the company
just another call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), dartmouthJanuary 8, 2014
just another call center... too many ex Convergys managers to be anything than another Convergys is sheep clothing
poor work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONJanuary 1, 2014
Cons: long hours, hours not flexible
Long hours, the TL's were disrespectful, they were not accepting of people with medical notes or issues. They had a problem with flexible work schedules.
Great people, needs improvement
Customer Service (Former Employee), Belleville, ONDecember 10, 2013
Pros: great health benefits as well as a discount on my gym membership
Cons: uncoordinated scheduling, unprofessional managers and supervisors
HGS overall was a great place to work, the people were amazing, management needed a little improvement but the work was never dull, I learned a lot at HGS, it taught me everything I know about sales which I believe my sales percentage was at 10% for the entire month when target percentage was at 2%. I believe that the hardest part about the job was – more... turning a customers day the around that had noticed their bill was extremely high, but once you got past the first 10 minutes of the call they were generally happy to know that there was actually someone there to care. - the most enjoyable part of my job would have had to be the great people I had the privilege to work with every day, it made your day a lot better. – less
Customer care agent
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee), Belleville, ONNovember 9, 2013
Cons: sitting for extend amounts of time
The day is spent sitting behind a computer on the phone speaking with customers that have questions/ concerns about their services. Management and co-workers are for the most part enjoyable to be around. The hardest part of this would have to be having to sit for extended amounts of time.
nice people, good hours
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Belleville, ONOctober 31, 2013
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: training could be more organized, hard to advance, minimal floor support who basically don't know anything
A good place to work but hard to advance unless you're friends with management. Tend to play favorites with people, tired of dealing with customers who got bad service before coming to me then expecting me to wave a magic wand and make it better. Training could be better especially with wireless, otherwise a decent place to work.
Workplace
Consolidated Customer Care Rep (Current Employee), Belleville, ONOctober 10, 2013
Pros: discounts of services and excellent benefits
Typical day is helping customers with their billing and service issues and needs providing excellent customer service.
Have learned a great deal about how customers issues can be rectified.
Management are helpful. when you need help in any thing.
Co-workers are awesome and fun to work with we help each other get through some tough problems
Hardest part – more... of the job is dealing with irate customers but it all works out in the ebd. – less
Poor Job
Customer Service Technical Agent (Current Employee), Charlottetown Prince Edward IslandOctober 9, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
This job does not have a good provision of job security.

This job is based on customers, and it is the customers that decide the fate of your job.
horrible place to work/past worker
slave (Former Employee), nova scotiaSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: it's better then nothing
Cons: not by much
bad "run you through it" training, then throw you to the wolves when you got onto the floor, endless calls in que from angry customers, bad leadership, lies, ask 1 question get 4 dif answers from 4 dif floor people, poor incentives/barely none, preferential treatment , lies about your "score card" which they base everything on and the darn thing never – more... works properly for a correct score .. suppose to be customer service first but is sales based first and they always "push" sales aka YOUR scorecard . anyone who says it's great is a liar. They ignore the many existing ongoing problems, ask for input, then when you give it say negativity doesn't help the customer rofl. Neither does not fixing anything ! constant system problems, bad chairs and work areas, cleaners don't clean work stations, floor support is 50/50 meaning sometimes there is 1 person for everyone, the rest of the time there off yapping down the other end of the center or they "disappear" while your hand is up waiting for someone for 10 minutes+ while a customer is waiting on hold on the line. – less
awesome work environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Liverpool, NSSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: encentives and training
Cons: late shifts when starting
training was a blast and all the staff are really nice. the shifts were ok at first but the late shifts and starting 9hr shifts would not have been as great. had to leave for personal reasons and they were great about it. very understanding people.
Lots of training and support
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee), Barrie, ONSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: paid training
Cons: long hours
Low wages for such a high stress job.
Work with a variety of people
There's room for advancement
Very little product support and knowledge available
Love working with agents
Team Lead (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: fruit wednesdays
Cons: direction a constant change
I enjoy coaching and developing agents to develop their full potential. I work well with my peers and we share best practices daily.
Excellent company to work for
Internet Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), Kentville, NSAugust 17, 2013
Working at HGS was rewarding, however the job itself was not for me.
Not a bad place to work
Rogers CSR (Current Employee), Halifax, NSAugust 7, 2013
HGS Cnaada is a 3rd party call centre for Rogers Communications, its not a bad place to work but it could be better, and isn't friendly when it comes to people that rely on public transportation to get to and from work, a typical day is taking customers inbound phone calls primarily about billing, or wanting to cancel services.
Dark, depressing job.
Technical Support (Former Employee), Kentville, NSAugust 2, 2013
Pros: management treated people well.
Cons: long shifts, every customer is angry and unwilling to listen.
Show up early, leave late, sit in a dark smelly room with 100~ other people and have 50+ customers a day yell at you about things you have no power over / cannot change or fix.
The management knew it was a horrible job and treated you well due to it, however pay was very under whelming and the entire environment was uncomfortable at best.
Lead Associate (Current Employee), BellevilleJuly 29, 2013
An overall great company to work for. Never a dull day in this industry as every call is different. Great coworkers, great benefits.
Its a job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJuly 27, 2013
Pros: occasional lunchs
Cons: being stuck on a phone and dealing with customers that may not be to happy
HGS is a great job supplier but they do not always hire from within like they say. Benifits get taken off your paycheck and extra costs aswell for some employee fund.
Work Experience
Customer Service Rep American Express (Former Employee), Pembroke, ONJuly 24, 2013
Pros: higher than minimum wage, commission
Cons: long hours, stressful
The actual job itself was wonderful. I thoroughly enjoyed dealing with clients and speaking with multiple people in a day and aiding them with their requests.
Although the actual job was wonderful, the overall turnover in the establishment is a clear representation of the issues within the management team. There was disorganization, taking the easy – more... way out and unmerited penalties. The work environment was constantly stressful with very little benefits for the hard work.

I was able to learn how to effectively handle the requests of customers and serve them with respect and compassion. Gained the ability to thoroughly emphasize with a customers complaints and/or issues. – less