HGS Canada Employee Reviews

Awful
Customer Relations Associate (CRA) (Former Employee) –  Montague, PE6 March 2017
Extremely stressful environment, minimal training. Complete lack of employee appreciation. A company that is more concerned for its bottom dollar than its workers.
Pros
N/a
good location, tough calls
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS24 February 2017
Training was good
The office equipment was good

The nature of work was difficult
The last minute changing schedule was difficult
It was ok
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON22 February 2017
It was not a bad place to work. Altough the crew trainers are always doing too much and tends to be harsh at everything. For example, there should be a limited time to go to the bathroom. Like if I need to go I need to go. How can one possibly help that? It was very ok though. Easy to get hired, and a place where you can start your career in sales
Pros
Easy to get hired and easy to get a commission
Cons
policy is too strick on employees
bad
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 February 2017
Bad environment very stressfull. long hours for minimum pay schedules arent flexible. very little support. nothing good to say about this job. all around terrible place to work
Like being treated like s**t? Well than this is the job for you!
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 February 2017
Title says it all. Worked in tech support for a year and was always dealing with the same scenario and types of irate customers. Best way to deal with it is to turn the phone volume down and try to think of a 'happy place'.
Customer Relations Associate (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON9 February 2017
Not a job for everyone as it is a lot of sitting and customers can be very nasty on the phone. Some days are better than others depending on the customer on the phone.
Pros
Free Lunches on pay day
Cons
Long Hours
Fun place to work, non desired pay
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 February 2017
Fun place to work, non desired pay. Micro managed which is effective but stressful for the pay. Very social job, awesome to talk to so many people including customers and colleagues.
Can be a fun place to work at times
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON3 February 2017
I learned how call centers work and how it's like being on the other end of the line. The fun part about the job is meeting different customers and trying to assist them. Work culture was pretty good and management was also good, they have good accommodations. The hardest part of the job was staying calm while a customer is cursing and yelling at you, but other than that it was a good experience.
Pros
Good breaks and lunch
Cons
The pay
Stressful yet okay
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 February 2017
A typical day at HGS is taking phone calls for telecommunications. ThatrI leanred was time management and how to deal with certain customer services issues.
Pros
Good people, good health benefits
Cons
bad hours stressful job
Morale very low
Lead Associate/Customer Relations Associate (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON25 January 2017
Lacked consistency , great benefit package , recognition not given , senority not recognized , sales not paid out or excuses made as too why sales weren't paid out, poor management
Pros
free lunches, barbecues and get togethers
Cons
poor management
Quit to go work at Tims
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS22 January 2017
A day at HGS was always on the phone with Rogers customer. Handling complains, billing, adding new products or removing services. The hardest part was I felt that I was not properly train or familiar with all those new cell phones which I was suppose to promote. It was very stressful. The most enjoyable was when a customer called with a billing issue. I loved working with numbers.
Pros
Some customers were very rude and it was very stressful
Cons
The hours were good and the benefits
Nice employees
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON11 January 2017
Was a very nice place to work at first, after about 6 months the management became very rude, and then started to ignore all the problems that were happen at work. Hardest part would of been when they switched us to another company and they just wanted us to know what to do without any training. Best part about working there would have been the fact that at the beginning they were very nice and understanding about employees needing flexible work hours.
Pros
We could take little breaks at any time we needed
Cons
very poor support when needed
Fun work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON7 January 2017
Fun work environment, also very stressful because of customers complaints. During training often didn't have a training environment to practice with which made the live environment very stressful.
Pros
Break room with air hockey
Cons
stressful environment (customer calls)
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON1 January 2017
The coworkers are amazing, management included. The hours are long. Not much else to say. It is a good job for the correct person.
Pros
Good people
Cons
long hours upset customers
Enjoyed most of the work
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Petawawa, ON21 December 2016
The job it self was ok, but when you first start its hard because they put you on all nights until 2am. This dont work well for those who have kids at home and come from a military family whos spouse is deployed lots. I spent more on daycare then I was making.
Not a great place to work
Customer care (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 December 2016
The management was very poor, everyday was a struggle with trying to get computer problems fixed and having to wait hours for someone to come take a look at the systems to fix them mean while I'm not getting payed if i cant log into the system.
Excellent Full Time Employment Options
Business Wireless Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 November 2016
I worked at hgs for over a year and I much enjoyed my time there, There benefits program is excellent for full time employment, coworkers were and management were always friendly. If you find you are a people person and have great multitasking skills this job is perfect for you
You do get good benefits, but thats really it.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON29 October 2016
Hgs really is only a job you should go for if you absolutely need a job and have no choice. They pay you just over minimum wage, and you don't ever get any raises.

My first week out of ojt, when I needed help, there was next to no support, and when the support came, they were very rude.
The team leaders were pretty nice because you got to talk to them everyday, but, HR would never respond to your emails, and if you ever saw them on the floor, they told you they were busy and you had to email them.....

Upper management is the worst, they look at you like your just a grunt, and that you're easily replaceable. You get hounded at if your not making the goals they set out, example, call handle time, transfer rate, sales, etc....worst of the bunch is the transfer rate, I was in the cell phone department, and half the calls that come in were for cable or internet, obviously I have to transfer them to the right team so they could get help, hence my higher transfer rate, but management didn't care.

You also get hounded at for schedule compliance. For example, if my 15 break is at 10:30am, I'm supposed to take it at that time, that makes sense, but, if I have a call around 10:20 and it takes me until 10:50, management expects you not to take your break because it's not at the scheduled time, and if you do take your break at 10:50, they get mad at you.

Pay sucks, because it's barely over minimum, and there is never any raises no matter how long you've worked there unless you get promoted, but even that rarely happens.

Only good thing about this place is the benefits,
  more... benefits are pretty good.

Bottom line, pay sucks, management will probably hate you, customers hate you because your the one that answered the phone, next to no support when you need it, systems crash regulary and its somehow your fault, benefits are nice
Pros
Benefits are nice
Cons
No support
Horrible place to work.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON4 October 2016
Old computers, outdated software, team leads that micro-manage.
Very high turn over rate.No support from management. Pays minimum wage with no raises ever. Will not be paid if team lead not informed that your computer has crashed, which happens a lot.
Seems like a way to not pay employees. Management needs to know you are still at your desk trying to work. With the level of micro management here, trust me, team leads will be at your desk asking why you're not taking calls. Really cheap company to work for.
Pros
Cons
A lot. Avoid working here.
Good Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON26 September 2016
The HR staff are very friendly and helpful, and the trainers are enthusiastic and nice. Co-workers are all good and help you when you are not sure of something. Our first day on the phones, there were so many people to help us, and everyone was very patient. It feels good to help callers resolve issues and to answer their questions. Once a week management brings us free food, and we are always acknowledged when we do a good job. The hardest part of the job is making sure you know where to find all the information at first, but the longer you are there, that becomes easier. Also, if a customer is angry, it's not really fun, but you try to help them out and solve their problems. I would definitely recommend this as a place of work for all ages.
Pros
Awesome Management and Trainers
Cons
Learning Where to Find the Info you Need, Just at First.