HGS Canada Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Full time customer relations associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 April 2017
With this job, we would answer phone calls, and assist customers with all cable/internet related needs. We would not only meet but exceed the customers expectations
Benefits
Cons
Long days
Great place to learn new skills
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montague, PE2 April 2017
I learned how to deal with many different people and multitask. This job taught me a lot about being efficient and getting the job done while also making sure the customer was happy.
Its a productiuve workplace with a lot of things to learn
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS21 March 2017
It's a good work place with lots of new things to learn. Many challenges and rules to follow. Above all, its an exciting place to learn in a call centre and gives you opportunities to improve your customer service skills.
Great environment, Good people
Internet Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 March 2017
Friendly work environment, with supportive management helping you to reach your full potential. Was able to learn about computer software and virus protection as well as email security
Pros
BBQ Fridays
Cons
fixing servers
Work in Progess
CSR (Current Employee) –  Ontario19 March 2017
I have worked for HGS since almost day one. The job is quite easy, aside from the verbal abuse you receive from customers. The benefits package is probably one of my favorite job perks.

Agents tend to become a family on the floor, and they all help your shift to go by.

My biggest complaint would be the severe lack of communication from upper management down to the bottom.
Pros
Two breaks and a Lunch, "family oriented", benefits package.
Cons
Long hours, average pay, lack of communication
If you know your stuff, you will like this job
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON19 March 2017
I loved this job, I worked my way in less then 4 months from working late late nights to the day shifts that I wanted. I earned bonuses and joined commintees, I studied the new things as they came out so I knew what I was talking about when I had someone on the phone, and I really did enjoy this position.
Detrimental to your health
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON11 March 2017
This place is beyond terrible. Not nearly enough training for the number of products you have to sell. If you don't understand what you do learn in the little amount of training you receive for each new line of products, too bad, because no one will help you.

When you ask for help, you are either ignored or belittled for needing assistance. During my time of employment, management kept adding on other dept that we would have to represent, but there were never any pay increases. The only way you got any "bonuses" would be to have a perfect score card.

TL's, HR and other management would basically ignore your questions and concerns unless you were part of the "clique" that would bow to everything management said.

Schedules are very difficult to change if you have an appointment or some emergency comes up. Management claims that schedules can be flexible, however, this is not the case. 3 sick days per year is ridiculous, and if you dare call in sick, be prepared to be grilled by your TL when you get back to work.

Only those who are in the above mentioned "clique" are recognized when they get sales. My sales were average, and some days during "competitions" for sales, I would get a fair number of sales. Everyone else would be commended, but not the employees who weren't in the "in crowd". I refuse to grovel to management just to get a pat on the back.

This job eventually got the best of me and I was forced to leave due to my health. I would not recommend this place of employment to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Long hours for little pay, very hostile work environment
A typical day
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burnside, NS8 March 2017
The hours were horrible. Either was working late into the night or early mornings. Managers, had no sympathy for people who had children and would often not care.
Awful
Customer Relations Associate (CRA) (Former Employee) –  Montague, PE6 March 2017
Extremely stressful environment, minimal training. Complete lack of employee appreciation. A company that is more concerned for its bottom dollar than its workers.
Pros
N/a
good location, tough calls
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS24 February 2017
Training was good
The office equipment was good

The nature of work was difficult
The last minute changing schedule was difficult
It was ok
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON22 February 2017
It was not a bad place to work. Altough the crew trainers are always doing too much and tends to be harsh at everything. For example, there should be a limited time to go to the bathroom. Like if I need to go I need to go. How can one possibly help that? It was very ok though. Easy to get hired, and a place where you can start your career in sales
Pros
Easy to get hired and easy to get a commission
Cons
policy is too strick on employees
bad
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 February 2017
Bad environment very stressfull. long hours for minimum pay schedules arent flexible. very little support. nothing good to say about this job. all around terrible place to work
Like being treated like s**t? Well than this is the job for you!
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 February 2017
Title says it all. Worked in tech support for a year and was always dealing with the same scenario and types of irate customers. Best way to deal with it is to turn the phone volume down and try to think of a 'happy place'.
Customer Relations Associate (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON9 February 2017
Not a job for everyone as it is a lot of sitting and customers can be very nasty on the phone. Some days are better than others depending on the customer on the phone.
Pros
Free Lunches on pay day
Cons
Long Hours
Fun place to work, non desired pay
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 February 2017
Fun place to work, non desired pay. Micro managed which is effective but stressful for the pay. Very social job, awesome to talk to so many people including customers and colleagues.
Can be a fun place to work at times
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON3 February 2017
I learned how call centers work and how it's like being on the other end of the line. The fun part about the job is meeting different customers and trying to assist them. Work culture was pretty good and management was also good, they have good accommodations. The hardest part of the job was staying calm while a customer is cursing and yelling at you, but other than that it was a good experience.
Pros
Good breaks and lunch
Cons
The pay
Stressful yet okay
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 February 2017
A typical day at HGS is taking phone calls for telecommunications. ThatrI leanred was time management and how to deal with certain customer services issues.
Pros
Good people, good health benefits
Cons
bad hours stressful job
Morale very low
Lead Associate/Customer Relations Associate (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON25 January 2017
Lacked consistency , great benefit package , recognition not given , senority not recognized , sales not paid out or excuses made as too why sales weren't paid out, poor management
Pros
free lunches, barbecues and get togethers
Cons
poor management
Quit to go work at Tims
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS22 January 2017
A day at HGS was always on the phone with Rogers customer. Handling complains, billing, adding new products or removing services. The hardest part was I felt that I was not properly train or familiar with all those new cell phones which I was suppose to promote. It was very stressful. The most enjoyable was when a customer called with a billing issue. I loved working with numbers.
Pros
Some customers were very rude and it was very stressful
Cons
The hours were good and the benefits
Nice employees
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON11 January 2017
Was a very nice place to work at first, after about 6 months the management became very rude, and then started to ignore all the problems that were happen at work. Hardest part would of been when they switched us to another company and they just wanted us to know what to do without any training. Best part about working there would have been the fact that at the beginning they were very nice and understanding about employees needing flexible work hours.
Pros
We could take little breaks at any time we needed
Cons
very poor support when needed