HGS Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

Continuous Learning is essential to be successful
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONNovember 24, 2015
Great team to work with. Support when needed. Difficult to stay on top of all the changes in technology. Becoming knowledgeable and confident enough to teach others I found, was challenging. I definitely enjoyed the learning environment.
Pros
Employee appreciation days. Lots of perks. Great benefits.
Cons
Issues with scheduling, on the low scale for pay
They were dishonest about perks
Customer service/support (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONOctober 25, 2015
I was ok with the minimum pay, since there were incentives and bonuses discussed in the interview, that I figured would help make this job deliver more.

The problem is - they do not follow up. They were always several months behind in paying commissions or bonuses, and if you were on leave or had enough (it is not a fun job) and applied elsewhere, they would not give you the incentives promised.

In other words, the minimum wage for a stressful job? That is ALL your are going to get. Don't say you weren't warned.
Pros
Better than nothing
Cons
Minimum wage, undelivered commssions, bonuses and incentives
Overall good place to work for
Sales/Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONOctober 22, 2015
HGS is a call centre and it is all the same stuff. I enjoyed working there just simply because of the people. We were like one big family.
I ran into a situation a while back where I became homeless and missed a lot of time off work. I was also involved in an accident where I injured my knee. They were completely supportive and always there for me. They genuinely care about their employees. I miss working there only because of the people. I had left because I moved.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Call centre
horrible
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJanuary 27, 2016
This company uses harmful training techniques including psychological hypnosis to train their employees.They let people go with no warning. Traumatising environment.
Pros
they give you a chair to sit
Cons
in humain
Amazing
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montague, PEIOctober 3, 2015
Amazing job just very stressful to some people. Awesome benefits and friendly work environment. During the time I worked there I had witnessed my fathers girlfriend commit suicide. Everyone at HGS was very supportive during this and the company allowed me to go on leave after being there for less then a month. They were extremely understanding and I appreciated everything they've done for me more then anything. They have also given me multiple bonuses during my time there (usually $150-$250) which made working hard at my job more motivating. The way they treat you, the benefits, and how understanding everyone is made my time at this job a great experience. I think anyone who is in need of an easy to do, easy to get job, then they should go to HGS as, yes it is stressful to work at a call centre, but the benefits out way the cons to me.
Stressfull job but good people
Fido Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ONSeptember 7, 2015
All management and HR at the location I worked at where very supportive and friendly and they had to be because the job it's self was absolutely terrible, customer service where you where guaranteed to be yelled at in one out of five calls and metrics that where almost impossible to meet. If you have a thick skin an little faith in humanity it's a job for you otherwise steer clear.
Productive and fun workplace
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONDecember 18, 2015
It was an amazing place to work, with very friendly staff and management. HGS always treated family first and always had something going on for special occasions.
RUN THIS PLACE IS HORRIBLE
CRA (Former Employee) –  Windsor ONAugust 2, 2015
Horrible company to work for the management is horrible with an exception of a few. The pay is brutal for back to back calls all day, you will be cross trained to work 3 different departments with no pay increase and to top it all your schedule is against every HGS which means you will never get a good shift and you possibly could be put on reduced hours. This company will promise you the world and deliver you herpes.... Stay away, go to Sutherland because compared to here that place was amazing.
Pros
Meetings, Adhoc
Cons
Pay, Management, Schedule, Lies
great co-workers
Lead associate for business wireless dept (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONSeptember 21, 2015
Management at this company is very lazy and only promote who they want not who is best for the job. Job can be very rewarding but can also be very stressful.
Dealing with a variety of people. Must have patience, and empathy.
Pros
people
Cons
management
Great Workplace to meet new people
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONJuly 8, 2015
HGS is an over all good place to work, I would suggest you have very good verbal skills along with being sympathetic and empathetic. Those are some of the main factors to keep your customers happy and satisfied. I also met several good friends by working with HGS.
and one more thing HGS does their best to help suit your needs, very understanding!
benefits
Cons
exhausting hours when you have little ones
Steady job
Small Business Wireless Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONOctober 11, 2015
busy, fun, fast paced and sometimes stressful. Great staff that make it enjoyable to go to work. Lots of added incentives that make the job really worth it
Pros
lots of incentives
Productive, and very professional work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie ONJuly 20, 2015
A typical day at work included answering calls for Rogers customers in the Business wireless department. I took payments, payment arrangements, completed hardware upgrades, made sales, and applied credits to accounts that needed them.
What I learned was how to deal with irate and irrational customers in a calm and collective manor.
The management was fantastic, very professional, and always willing to help employees when they could.
The hardest part of the job was getting used to being yelled at by irate customers every day.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the work environment and my co-workers, it felt like a family and everyone was trying to help everyone else when they could.
Pros
Supportive staff, free events, free lunches
Cons
Not alot of interactions with other departments in the building
Great working environment with opportunity to grow.
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 23, 2015
It was a great experience for me. Loved my trainer and once I made it onto the production floor, I was welcomed with open arms and they did everything they could to make sure we knew our stuff and were comfortable. Co-workers were wonderful, met some truly caring people there. The only reason I left was because I just wasn't a fit for this type of job.
Pros
Great atmosphere, Friendly co-workers, knowledgeable staff, superb training
Cons
Stressful a lot of the time, Pay did not seem high enough for what we had to do.
Good Full Time Work, Stressful Environment
Customer Service Representative- FIDO (Current Employee) –  Pembroke, ONJune 15, 2015
To be honest, HGS is not all bad like most would say. It all comes down to your management staff. my experience overall I would say was very positive. met many new friends there and also was able to save up a lot through having full time hours and also cut costs with what is covered under the benefits. if anyone is looking to apply I would recommend it,
Pros
Free lunches, Full Time Hours and Benefits
Cons
Stressful Environment, People skills are an absolute must.
productive
customer service (Current Employee) –  Timmins, ONNovember 3, 2015
HGS Canada was a very productive place to work, you took many calls and it always had to be on time. You always helped people also which was good.
Just.... No...
CSR / Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMay 20, 2015
I left this business because they took my scheduling like it was a joke.. In Barrie, the bus runs from around 9 to 11:30 at the latest.. I told them I could work between those hours, and they basically laughed at it and kept booking me til 12. Also, there is LITERALLY no support, you can stand there for minutes with your hand up asking for help, and when you finally get it the customer is ticked. You are treated like a number, and most of the staff act like it's school or a zoo instead of a work environment. I've had better experiences at fast food chains, guess that's what I'm going back to. Also, cut down on the hours without letting the staff know.

Oh, and one last thing.. ad hoc or whatever the heck it's called? Really? I'm there to work, not sit around listening to people that have no idea what their talking about.
Pros
Above Minimum Wage Pay
Not sorry to "escape" from there
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSJuly 31, 2015
Tipical third party call centre. Really bad, confused management. Co-workers have been nice, but overall atmosphere of pressure does not make it nice place to work at.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
everything else
Very productive and fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONMay 14, 2015
HGS is like no other call centre that I have ever worked in before.
The level of support and training is exceptional and you feel more like a family than an employee.

The actual most enjoyable part of my day is going to work and seeing what I can say are my friends and not just employees and bosses.
Pros
contests everyday for incentives
Cons
odd hours
Review of HGS Canada
Sales and minor technical support (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSApril 15, 2015
a typical day of work is signing into your phone and taking calls. Training was almost non existent and when you did get some the
systems in the training environment never worked.
Your fellow coworker are great as they are just like you, management on the other hand is all over the place with inconsistent ways of dealing with staff.
The hardest part of the job is having to sell physical things with never having ever seen them. The best part of the job is the odd customer you get to help save money.
nice place
Customer Relations Associate (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSJune 11, 2015
people around are very helpful and are always there for us. the team leaders are exceptional.
people should be mentally prepared to work in a call center and handle all customer issues with a smile on their face which sometimes becomes difficult.