HGS Canada

HGS Canada Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Love working with agents
Team Lead (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: fruit wednesdays
Cons: direction a constant change
I enjoy coaching and developing agents to develop their full potential. I work well with my peers and we share best practices daily.
Excellent company to work for
Internet Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), Kentville, NSAugust 17, 2013
Working at HGS was rewarding, however the job itself was not for me.
Not a bad place to work
Rogers CSR (Current Employee), Halifax, NSAugust 7, 2013
HGS Cnaada is a 3rd party call centre for Rogers Communications, its not a bad place to work but it could be better, and isn't friendly when it comes to people that rely on public transportation to get to and from work, a typical day is taking customers inbound phone calls primarily about billing, or wanting to cancel services.
Dark, depressing job.
Technical Support (Former Employee), Kentville, NSAugust 2, 2013
Pros: management treated people well.
Cons: long shifts, every customer is angry and unwilling to listen.
Show up early, leave late, sit in a dark smelly room with 100~ other people and have 50+ customers a day yell at you about things you have no power over / cannot change or fix.
The management knew it was a horrible job and treated you well due to it, however pay was very under whelming and the entire environment was uncomfortable at best.
Lead Associate (Current Employee), BellevilleJuly 29, 2013
An overall great company to work for. Never a dull day in this industry as every call is different. Great coworkers, great benefits.
Its a job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJuly 27, 2013
Pros: occasional lunchs
Cons: being stuck on a phone and dealing with customers that may not be to happy
HGS is a great job supplier but they do not always hire from within like they say. Benifits get taken off your paycheck and extra costs aswell for some employee fund.
Work Experience
Customer Service Rep American Express (Former Employee), Pembroke, ONJuly 24, 2013
Pros: higher than minimum wage, commission
Cons: long hours, stressful
The actual job itself was wonderful. I thoroughly enjoyed dealing with clients and speaking with multiple people in a day and aiding them with their requests.
Although the actual job was wonderful, the overall turnover in the establishment is a clear representation of the issues within the management team. There was disorganization, taking the easy – more... way out and unmerited penalties. The work environment was constantly stressful with very little benefits for the hard work.

I was able to learn how to effectively handle the requests of customers and serve them with respect and compassion. Gained the ability to thoroughly emphasize with a customers complaints and/or issues. – less
Very Comfortable employment
CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Pembroke, ONJuly 10, 2013
Pros: lunch days, activities
Once certain certifications are achieved it is a very comfortable place to work.
Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee), Belleville, OntarioJuly 7, 2013
Pros: busy environment
Cons: unstable scheduling
answer telephone inquiries, setup orders, process payments, roll trucks
Good place to work but...
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Liverpool, NSJuly 4, 2013
Good place to work, but once your there youll will find out quickly about how things are run.
Day At Work
Technical Support (Current Employee), Belleville, ONApril 11, 2013
Overall the pay and the benefits are the only good things about HGS Canada other then the co-workers. The management rather worry about stats then their own workers and when you need someone to talk to they just hand you a card and say call that number now get back on the phones. The hardest part is the pressure they put you under even after a month – more... on the phones. The most enjoyable part was when you had a happy customer tell you how wonderful you where. – less
Dead End
Bell Mobility Representative (Former Employee), North Bay, OntarioMarch 11, 2013
They'll tell you when you're in training that you have a great deal of room for advancement, but the reality of it is that they don't want to be bothered with the time it will take to promote you and train you.
After having many supervisors leave, they continued to operate without promoting anyone, even though this caused a great deal of stress on the – more... continuing supervisors, as well as the agents themselves.

This job is good if you want to make some quick cash, but if you stay for more than three months, you're making things harder on yourself. – less
9 hours a day on the phone
Customer Service (Current Employee), Montague, PEFebruary 27, 2013
Cons: long hours. poor support system.
Call volume was very high. Not unusual to take 70 - 90 calls on a 9 hour shift. With time restraints put on you, it was tough to spend the time required to solve some of the problems.

The support teams in place, eg billing, tech, warranty, were tough to get through to and their response time to get back to customers were unreasonably long (and in a – more... lot of instances non-existent).

You learn to deal with irate customers and much problem solving.

The most enjoyable part of the job was actually solving customer problems. – less
Flexible and fun work environment.
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Timmins, ONFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, nice coworkers, benefits, and support.
Cons: not every call will be sunshine and rainbows, and the repetition of following a script over the phones.
Training is really good at this location, I really learned a lot about what I had to deal with over the phones. I was well prepared, and learned along the way as well. The management at the location was very well put together, the floor managers were very supportive, and helped out with anything they could. The hardest part of the job would have to – more... be language barriers that sometimes got in the way with assisting a customer with their services. – less

porsha – March 18, 2013

after you got hired how long was training? is it all inbound?

Fun Workplace good customer service
Customer Relations Associate (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: long hours
Would go up to our phones and wait for our phones to ring and help the customers on the other line about their Home Phone, Cable, or Internet. We also like to sell our customers new items and promotions for our services. Hardest part of the job is having the customers being impatient and cant get very aggressive on the phone but I do tell them in a – more... polite way that I will be able to help them in anyway I can. The co-workers and management team are very respectable and have a good way of teaches how to reply on the phone and are always there to help us if we need them. The most enjoyable part is getting a good compliment on the phone by a customer and making sure they have a good day. – less
HGS Pembroke is a desired company to work with.
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee), Pembroke, ONOctober 19, 2012
Pros: adaptable work hours; commited team leaders/floor support; general overall pleasant, respectful, caring staff from site director to front desk hostess.
Cons: not enough floor support to truly meet the required demand from the customers
Their training staff and ongoing support is one of the best I have known. This company will work with you to succeed if you will commit to allowing them and trusting their expertise.
Decent for a call centre
Technical Support Agent (Current Employee), Belleville, ONOctober 18, 2012
Decent for a call centre, don't feel as watched like a hawk, management is friendly and as helpful as possible. Inconsistency is a little bit of an issue, but the site is brand new, so hopefully some changes come into play.