HGS Canada Employee Reviews

Employee support
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnside, NS23 September 2016
I have benefited from the level of floor (management specifically allocated to aiding/assisting non-management positions), online and immediate access to a capacious repository of information that was continuously maintained, with additional phone support.
If you know your stuff, you will like this job
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON19 March 2017
I loved this job, I worked my way in less then 4 months from working late late nights to the day shifts that I wanted. I earned bonuses and joined commintees, I studied the new things as they came out so I knew what I was talking about when I had someone on the phone, and I really did enjoy this position.
Im in my 2nd week of training, i like it so far everyone is very nice and helpful and it seems like pretty easy work 😀
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 August 2016
Love this workplace so far it seems like a great family environment to work for 🤗 The pay isn't that great but there is always room to move up within the company.
Pros
Benefits, extra bonuses!
Cons
Pay only minimun wage
The job itself was fine.
Fido Answers Agent (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON18 April 2016
Management was a mess, you were told to go to someone for help and that person had no idea what you were talking about. HR was impossible to get into, and even when you did get into them, it felt like nothing was being done.

They had some impossible standards that conflicted with the clients standards.
Pros
Amazing benefits, great appreciation days.
Cons
Management was a mess and its already a high stress job
Not Good
Customer Service Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS29 August 2016
I prefer not to say because the experience is not good.I do not want to talk about it as the experience was eye opening-no regard for personal matter-

cheap to pay employees yet makes great demand for awful
wages and inhumane treatment
Pros
medical benefits
Cons
horrible tratment
Awful
Customer Relations Associate (CRA) (Former Employee) –  Montague, PE6 March 2017
Extremely stressful environment, minimal training. Complete lack of employee appreciation. A company that is more concerned for its bottom dollar than its workers.
Pros
N/A
Like being treated like s**t? Well than this is the job for you!
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 February 2017
Title says it all. Worked in tech support for a year and was always dealing with the same scenario and types of irate customers. Best way to deal with it is to turn the phone volume down and try to think of a 'happy place'.
Cons
Great benefits, poor communication between employees and management
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON25 February 2016
The other employees were, for the most part, easy to get along with, and the benefits were a nice bonus.

I found that booking time off was needlessly challenging, and management took far too long to address issues that were brought to their attention. Additionally, you spent a lot of time being yelled at by the clients that called in.
Pros
Full-time hours, benefits, occasional free food during the summer
Cons
Poor communication with management, rude clientèle
Fun work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON7 January 2017
Fun work environment, also very stressful because of customers complaints. During training often didn't have a training environment to practice with which made the live environment very stressful.
Pros
Break room with air hockey
Cons
stressful environment (customer calls)
Enjoyed most of the work
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Petawawa, ON21 December 2016
The job it self was ok, but when you first start its hard because they put you on all nights until 2am. This dont work well for those who have kids at home and come from a military family whos spouse is deployed lots. I spent more on daycare then I was making.
Fun place to work, non desired pay
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 February 2017
Fun place to work, non desired pay. Micro managed which is effective but stressful for the pay. Very social job, awesome to talk to so many people including customers and colleagues.
A typical day
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burnside, NS8 March 2017
The hours were horrible. Either was working late into the night or early mornings. Managers, had no sympathy for people who had children and would often not care.
productive and educational, as well as informative
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS15 June 2016
Each and every day was met with new and interesting views on the companies policies from the customers perspective. Dealing with the different personalities of customers and their understanding of what they were entitled to as compared to what their packages included and how costs were complied was a lesson in patience and education on both parts. For the most part the work was relatively routine and depending on the issues of the day with systems were easy going. There were a multitude of individuals that became friends or passing acquaintances and of course there were conversations of family and comparative issues to deal with, experiences that we could share on how to deal with either customer issues on how to resolve complaints or how to's to deal with situations. Many friends were made of both management and co workers. The instructors for the initial education of systems were friendly and easy to talk to and were willing to help at any time if extra help was needed to understand how to use the many systems used.
The best part of the job was the social events, from family days to planting small flower beds out side the back entrances, bbq's and Christmas parties.
Hgs
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 April 2016
The job can be stressful. The pay is low for what is expected of the employees. Paid minimum wage for a job worth around 15$ an hour. You can get any job with the same pay thats a lot easier with only a few days training. For all the month of training and expectations for quality doing calls plus getting yelled at for 9 hours a day, not 8. scheduling is all over the place and inconsistent. 30min lunch which I'm not complaining about its your preference. Only 2 weeks vacation per year, only 3 paid sick days. There are some free lunches occasionally but they're not really free because they deduct a fee from your paycheque every month for events like this event if you don't participate.only thing I can say good about it is the benefits and the people that work there.
benefits
Cons
everything else
expect lots, give little
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON20 July 2016
they expect you to do the work of 3 people with a smile and when you need help, you dont get it, or if your longer in the washroom then they expect they give you a "NC/NS"
Pros
sometimes feed you free food
Cons
long hours and hard being sworn at 9 hours a day
Not to bad of a work place, just doesn't have Solid shifts
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 August 2016
I would start the day by signing into my systems on a computer in which I would start to take calls, i would have my schedule on the computer and had to sign out for each of my breaks including lunch. I learned how to deal with customers and de-escalate a situation before it gets out of hand.
Pros
Attached to the mall so getting lunch wasn't to much of an issue.
Cons
Minimum wages and you can get some ticked off customers who are upset with the company originally
good location, tough calls
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS24 February 2017
Training was good
The office equipment was good

The nature of work was difficult
The last minute changing schedule was difficult
hgs was a very fun opportunity and you could relate to customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON11 February 2016
when i worked at hgs everyone was always happy it is a good job to have, but it can be very painfull because of sitting for 9 hours a day everyday the management was very good they where always there to help, the co workers where also good.
what i learned was to help everyone no matter what the situation is
Pros
good pay checks and benifits
Cons
constantly sitting down
Fun Workplace good customer service
Customer Relations Associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON25 January 2013
Would go up to our phones and wait for our phones to ring and help the customers on the other line about their Home Phone, Cable, or Internet. We also like to sell our customers new items and promotions for our services. Hardest part of the job is having the customers being impatient and cant get very aggressive on the phone but I do tell them in a polite way that I will be able to help them in anyway I can. The co-workers and management team are very respectable and have a good way of teaches how to reply on the phone and are always there to help us if we need them. The most enjoyable part is getting a good compliment on the phone by a customer and making sure they have a good day.
benefits
Cons
Nice Place to work with lovely incentives
Customer Care Agent Wireless Loyalty Roger's (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS15 March 2016
A typical day at this job would be meeting with my team leader to go over my performance. The management was very friendly. My co-workers were great to work with. The hardest part of the job getting calls from upset customers and not being able to help them after exhausting all the company perameters set for us to use.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to go to work knowing the management was always there to help.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
not enough systems training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HGS Canada. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9