HGS Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

cc
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 3, 2016
Mainly the other employees make the job not enjoyable. Management is good, and good hours. Having customers yell at you for 8 hours a day isn't fun, but there are some customers that make it worth it. They say you get air miles and I'm supposed to have received many but have gotten none so far.
Nice Place to work with lovely incentives
Customer Care Agent Wireless Loyalty Roger's (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSMarch 15, 2016
A typical day at this job would be meeting with my team leader to go over my performance. The management was very friendly. My co-workers were great to work with. The hardest part of the job getting calls from upset customers and not being able to help them after exhausting all the company perameters set for us to use.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to go to work knowing the management was always there to help.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
not enough systems training
The job was fast pace but had alot of oppertunities to learn.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONFebruary 26, 2016
The job consisted of helping customers with technical issues with internet and email. learned alot of computer skills, and how to use database.
Pros
bennifits
Cons
stressfull work invironment
Great benefits, poor communication between employees and management
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONFebruary 25, 2016
The other employees were, for the most part, easy to get along with, and the benefits were a nice bonus.

I found that booking time off was needlessly challenging, and management took far too long to address issues that were brought to their attention. Additionally, you spent a lot of time being yelled at by the clients that called in.
Pros
Full-time hours, benefits, occasional free food during the summer
Cons
Poor communication with management, rude clientèle
people were great, good team spirit
LEAD ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONFebruary 18, 2016
To much favoritism, could not get promoted on merit alone. The job itself was good. Enjoyed the challenges, dealing with the public and the team atmosphere. Whenever changes to the job were implemented, there was never enough notice or information given. The reps relied on themselves a lot as management was not equipped with the answers to questions.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
not enough information given for changes
hgs was a very fun opportunity and you could relate to customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ONFebruary 11, 2016
when i worked at hgs everyone was always happy it is a good job to have, but it can be very painfull because of sitting for 9 hours a day everyday the management was very good they where always there to help, the co workers where also good.
what i learned was to help everyone no matter what the situation is
Pros
good pay checks and benifits
Cons
constantly sitting down
Hate it
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJanuary 31, 2016
Not enough consistency and not willing to allow people to grow into other positions or with the economy.
When not remaining consistent within the work environment the job outlines are constantly having vast changes. For example being pushed for sales and to meet a quota when the position that people are hired for is Customer Service.
Fun work place with lots of benefits and daily rewards for performace
Technical Relations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJanuary 28, 2016
HSG is a good company with solid foundation. The company invest time in training there employees to make sure it is a productive company. Working with friends and co-workers is a pleasure everyday and the most enjoyable aspect of my job is fixing customers issues.
Pros
Benifits, Room to grow, insentives, rewards for good performance
Cons
Long hours, Needs to be flexible
horrible
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJanuary 27, 2016
This company uses harmful training techniques including psychological hypnosis to train their employees.They let people go with no warning. Traumatising environment.
Pros
they give you a chair to sit
Cons
in humain
If you need a steady schedule dont work here
CSR (Former Employee) –  CanadaJanuary 26, 2016
So training is fun and easy to go through. Rules given in training change when you reach the floor. Was promised an accommodated schedule when hired due to pre-existing health conditions and when you reach the floor you don't receive it. HR lies to your face every day and promises the moon and stars. Don't fall for it. I did and I became extremely sick because of it and they didn't even care.
Pros
A job, decent benefits.
Cons
Little pay, lying managers and HR personelle
Enjoyed working with everyone.
Customer Relations Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJanuary 10, 2016
Seemed like all I did was sleep, eat and work.
All staff, including myself, had lots of fun activities they/I could participate in.
Most enjoyable part of job - great trainers and training enviroment. Exceptionally friendly co-workers and management.
Everyone tried to help each other.
Hardest part of job - learning curve in training and on the floor, also seemed like all I did was sleep, eat and work.
Pros
Pizza day.
Cons
Explained rules while training were opposite of rules once on the floor.
Unproductive but happy environment
Customer service Rep bilingual (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 3, 2016
A typical day at work would be entering the building, signing into systems that you must use and starting your day. It consists of aiding customers with customer service inquiries and going above and beyond your ability while you get yelled at on the phone by people who aren't pleased. It is a good environment for people who do not take things personally, and who can handle the stress.
Pros
Laid back environment
Cons
Things are very unorganized
Productive and fun workplace
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONDecember 18, 2015
It was an amazing place to work, with very friendly staff and management. HGS always treated family first and always had something going on for special occasions.
Good Temp Job
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONDecember 1, 2015
The 3 weeks of in class training you do accounts for about 10% of the knowledge you NEED to know. After 3 weeks they basically say good luck and throw you onto the phones. If you can stick it out till about 3 months you'll be fine but initial start is why the turn over rate is so high.
Pros
Good benefits and bonuses
Cons
Long days, will switch your break times without knowing.
Continuous Learning is essential to be successful
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONNovember 24, 2015
Great team to work with. Support when needed. Difficult to stay on top of all the changes in technology. Becoming knowledgeable and confident enough to teach others I found, was challenging. I definitely enjoyed the learning environment.
Pros
Employee appreciation days. Lots of perks. Great benefits.
Cons
Issues with scheduling, on the low scale for pay
productive
customer service (Current Employee) –  Timmins, ONNovember 3, 2015
HGS Canada was a very productive place to work, you took many calls and it always had to be on time. You always helped people also which was good.
They were dishonest about perks
Customer service/support (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONOctober 25, 2015
I was ok with the minimum pay, since there were incentives and bonuses discussed in the interview, that I figured would help make this job deliver more.

The problem is - they do not follow up. They were always several months behind in paying commissions or bonuses, and if you were on leave or had enough (it is not a fun job) and applied elsewhere, they would not give you the incentives promised.

In other words, the minimum wage for a stressful job? That is ALL your are going to get. Don't say you weren't warned.
Pros
Better than nothing
Cons
Minimum wage, undelivered commssions, bonuses and incentives
Overall good place to work for
Sales/Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONOctober 22, 2015
HGS is a call centre and it is all the same stuff. I enjoyed working there just simply because of the people. We were like one big family.
I ran into a situation a while back where I became homeless and missed a lot of time off work. I was also involved in an accident where I injured my knee. They were completely supportive and always there for me. They genuinely care about their employees. I miss working there only because of the people. I had left because I moved.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Call centre
Steady job
Small Business Wireless Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONOctober 11, 2015
busy, fun, fast paced and sometimes stressful. Great staff that make it enjoyable to go to work. Lots of added incentives that make the job really worth it
Pros
lots of incentives
Amazing
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montague, PEIOctober 3, 2015
Amazing job just very stressful to some people. Awesome benefits and friendly work environment. During the time I worked there I had witnessed my fathers girlfriend commit suicide. Everyone at HGS was very supportive during this and the company allowed me to go on leave after being there for less then a month. They were extremely understanding and I appreciated everything they've done for me more then anything. They have also given me multiple bonuses during my time there (usually $150-$250) which made working hard at my job more motivating. The way they treat you, the benefits, and how understanding everyone is made my time at this job a great experience. I think anyone who is in need of an easy to do, easy to get job, then they should go to HGS as, yes it is stressful to work at a call centre, but the benefits out way the cons to me.

2.8