HGS Canada

HGS Canada Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Working at HGS
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONJuly 10, 2014
Pros: great people, good customers, huddles
Cons: long hours, late nights, no car pooling for 1 am shifts
Working at HGS was a great experience. The staff was welcoming and loving. Everyone was understanding when you needed help. they have a great lunch room and make sure that you know that you need to take a break. on a typical day i would show up 20 min. early, go in set up my phones and my computer, go outside for my coffee and smoke and then clock in – more... at the start of my shift. the most enjoyable thing about working there was the staff! their all so much fun. the hardest part was dealing with angry customers, but im always good with calming those down. the entire time i worked there i escalated 2 calls. – less
positive and supportive place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), LiverpoolJuly 4, 2014
Pros: lots of incentives
Cons: shift work
Work with great people and have lots of laughs through out each shift. Management is great.
Don't work here!
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSJune 21, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: long hours, management, schedule changes all the time, lower hours, less pay, no advancements in the company, cant say anything to customers that may make them feel upset or being disrespected or u can be fired
I am currently employed at HGS Canada, at first i loved going to work , since than everything has changed, management feels they are entitled to changed hours, pay without a real reason, they give this excuse as to why they need to, minimum wage was hard to live on before the pay cut, now the reduced hours is bringing people to the poverty line.
There – more... is no advancement in the company as we were promised in the beginning, that was there tactic for you to work for them.

Schedules suck, they always change and they always have a excuse as to why it changes and that basically they can do that without us actually knowing, as they feel a person working 6 days or more straight is acceptable with little to no days off.

You can go to management about a issue and nothing gets looked into or anything, they just want to shut u up. Everyone has a different answer I have learned to not to go to management or and leaders because i know i will not get the same answer..

basically don't work there,If you want no life outside of work and sleep cause they don't pay you enough to do anything if your lucky to have a day off or two in a row than work here..the jobs sucks enough dealing with crabby customers who feel they are entitled to everyone without the other stuff happening, the rest makes it unbearable to go to work everyday knowing nothing will change in favor for the employee who goes to work everyday and does the job right, but to make it harder for that person to survive. – less
poorly managed/constant complaints
customer service (Current Employee), barrieJune 20, 2014
Pros: excellent co-workers
Cons: everything else
This job has a HIGH turnover of staff and it is not surprising. Everything based on a "scorecard" and sales (although you are not told that upfront!) Poorly managed by people who definitely play favourites. Constant complaints by customers, especially after 9 pm. Late shifts are mostly comprised of crazy or drunk customers calling in to scream at you – more... over the phone. Last minute changes to schedule, though it is hard to get a straight answer as to why. The only saving grace is that the front line staff are marvelous (and unappreciated). – less
Disappointing
Customer Relations Associate (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJune 17, 2014
Terrible management and job security. When you want the job done, it may take weeks or even months. From day one hired on, problem after problem, expansion in the company resulted in worse management.
Bad Days Made Better
Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee), Kentville, NSJune 5, 2014
There were days when this job made me want to pull my hair out but there were always people around who felt the same way. This would always made me feel better. The job itself might not be the best job in the world but the people who you work with are awesome and can help any day get better.
Very stressful work environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Pembroke, OntarioMay 29, 2014
Although I enjoy the fast paced environment the lack of support from upper management made the stressful work environment unbearable .
Taking inbound calls from fido customers and helping them troubleshoot their device or give bill explanations as well as make sales.
na
Customer service (Former Employee), halifax nsMay 27, 2014
its a fun place to work, benefits are great . demands of how they want handle time for phone calls and etc are not very good . they can be strict
Busy, Agents are great to work with
Call centre customer service agent (Current Employee), Barrie, OntarioMay 16, 2014
Pros: benefits are great
Cons: unrealistic expectations
Your entire shift consists of answering telephones and assisting customers with their services and billing issues. Most of the Agents are great fun to work with and very helpful when I am stuck on something. Hardest part or this job is trying to maintain the expectations of managers when it comes to call handling time and after call work.
HGS
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Belleville, ONMay 14, 2014
Pros: the customers
Cons: mean customers
It was always busy, I have learned many things about electronics and how to fix some technical problems. I loved everything about my job and it is a great place to work!
Productive and pleasant workplace
Customer Contact Associate (Former Employee), Belleville, ONMay 6, 2014
Learned to be a strong and independent person, enjoyed working with others
Enjoyable atmosphere, fun people to work with
Care Agent (Former Employee), Barrie, ONApril 10, 2014
As an inbound call center, HGS strives for excellent customer service and provides top quality training to fulfill their expectations and also provides a fun, positive and energetic atmosphere that provides comfort.
Great Culture
Call Centre Supervisor (Former Employee), Belleville ontMarch 19, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: no job security
No job security, but great culture. Management could work more on development with employee's.
Ground floor opportunity
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 13, 2014
Pros: occasional recognition
Cons: poor communication
The company is family based with Corporate take over. A day at work involves a number of quality individuals doing quality work. Not always provided the tools and support required to do the quality work demanded of us. The most enjoyable part of the day is the co-workers. The hardest part of the job is the frequent lack of adequate support and information. – more... They had the opportunity to learn from other places mistakes, and for various reasons have not done so. – less
Great workplace but a lot of stress
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), North Bay, ONMarch 9, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: difficult customers
Working in a call center is pretty basic. Answer the phone and help the customer on the line. Tasks are as simple as paying a bill or as difficult as trying to resolve a complicated issue on the account. The management could be a little more supportive especially when it comes to supervisor calls but otherwise they are very helpful. Most of the staff – more... are easy to get a long with and many friends can be made. – less
Customer service
Rogers customer service representative (Current Employee), Belleville, ONFebruary 24, 2014
*Billing Inquiries
*Upgrading/Downgrading products and services
*Sales
Nice management
Technical Relations Associate (Current Employee), Belleville, ONFebruary 18, 2014
HGS is a nice place to work. I heard it is a place where lots of advancement options. they have many Internal job postings. So go for it
Call Center
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee), Barrie, ONFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: long hours
I found this job to be stressful. I loved the people I worked with. Just couldn't work as much hours as they wanted me to.
A great starter job
Customer service rep (Current Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: company events
Cons: changing of shifts last minute and some of the management
This company has been good to me in many ways, but I just found that after 4 months being employed with them that I am not a good fit for a call centre environment. I need more interaction and one on one with customers, also I require more tasks on a daily basis instead of staying sendentary.
Poor management, Unfair and sometimes unlawful corrective action.
customer care rep (Former Employee), Belleville, OnJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, friendly co-workers, something to do.
Cons: every other aspect of the job.
I didn't learn much at this job as the training was poor and the management/trainers sometimes knew less than the trainee/employee who worked for them.

1 2 3