HGS Canada Employee Reviews

Great benefits, poor communication between employees and management
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONFebruary 25, 2016
The other employees were, for the most part, easy to get along with, and the benefits were a nice bonus.

I found that booking time off was needlessly challenging, and management took far too long to address issues that were brought to their attention. Additionally, you spent a lot of time being yelled at by the clients that called in.
Pros
Full-time hours, benefits, occasional free food during the summer
Cons
Poor communication with management, rude clientèle
hgs was a very fun opportunity and you could relate to customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ONFebruary 11, 2016
when i worked at hgs everyone was always happy it is a good job to have, but it can be very painfull because of sitting for 9 hours a day everyday the management was very good they where always there to help, the co workers where also good.
what i learned was to help everyone no matter what the situation is
Pros
good pay checks and benifits
Cons
constantly sitting down
Fun work place with lots of benefits and daily rewards for performace
Technical Relations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJanuary 28, 2016
HSG is a good company with solid foundation. The company invest time in training there employees to make sure it is a productive company. Working with friends and co-workers is a pleasure everyday and the most enjoyable aspect of my job is fixing customers issues.
Pros
Benifits, Room to grow, insentives, rewards for good performance
Cons
Long hours, Needs to be flexible
If you need a steady schedule dont work here
CSR (Former Employee) –  CanadaJanuary 26, 2016
So training is fun and easy to go through. Rules given in training change when you reach the floor. Was promised an accommodated schedule when hired due to pre-existing health conditions and when you reach the floor you don't receive it. HR lies to your face every day and promises the moon and stars. Don't fall for it. I did and I became extremely sick because of it and they didn't even care.
Pros
A job, decent benefits.
Cons
Little pay, lying managers and HR personelle
Amazing
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montague, PEIOctober 3, 2015
Amazing job just very stressful to some people. Awesome benefits and friendly work environment. During the time I worked there I had witnessed my fathers girlfriend commit suicide. Everyone at HGS was very supportive during this and the company allowed me to go on leave after being there for less then a month. They were extremely understanding and I appreciated everything they've done for me more then anything. They have also given me multiple bonuses during my time there (usually $150-$250) which made working hard at my job more motivating. The way they treat you, the benefits, and how understanding everyone is made my time at this job a great experience. I think anyone who is in need of an easy to do, easy to get job, then they should go to HGS as, yes it is stressful to work at a call centre, but the benefits out way the cons to me.
Good Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONSeptember 26, 2016
The HR staff are very friendly and helpful, and the trainers are enthusiastic and nice. Co-workers are all good and help you when you are not sure of something. Our first day on the phones, there were so many people to help us, and everyone was very patient. It feels good to help callers resolve issues and to answer their questions. Once a week management brings us free food, and we are always acknowledged when we do a good job. The hardest part of the job is making sure you know where to find all the information at first, but the longer you are there, that becomes easier. Also, if a customer is angry, it's not really fun, but you try to help them out and solve their problems. I would definitely recommend this as a place of work for all ages.
Pros
Awesome Management and Trainers
Cons
Learning Where to Find the Info you Need, Just at First.
Good Temp Job
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONDecember 1, 2015
The 3 weeks of in class training you do accounts for about 10% of the knowledge you NEED to know. After 3 weeks they basically say good luck and throw you onto the phones. If you can stick it out till about 3 months you'll be fine but initial start is why the turn over rate is so high.
Pros
Good benefits and bonuses
Cons
Long days, will switch your break times without knowing.
Continuous Learning is essential to be successful
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONNovember 24, 2015
Great team to work with. Support when needed. Difficult to stay on top of all the changes in technology. Becoming knowledgeable and confident enough to teach others I found, was challenging. I definitely enjoyed the learning environment.
Pros
Employee appreciation days. Lots of perks. Great benefits.
Cons
Issues with scheduling, on the low scale for pay
It's a poor excuse for a company , if your someone who likes teamwork
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSSeptember 10, 2016
they treat there employees bad, when I worked there I watched alot of racism , unfair treatment , bullying , and a blind eye get turned i once found a bed bug on the table and told management then she went at it with a piece of tape i watched her knock it in the keyboard then she said it wasn't there , i moved desk then 2 weeks later my sister fiancee found one on his desk way at the other end
Pros
food sometimes, lots of hours, good benefits
Cons
no home life working until the middle of the night, all days off the week scatter shifts, unfair management
Not to bad of a work place, just doesn't have Solid shifts
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 30, 2016
I would start the day by signing into my systems on a computer in which I would start to take calls, i would have my schedule on the computer and had to sign out for each of my breaks including lunch. I learned how to deal with customers and de-escalate a situation before it gets out of hand.
Pros
Attached to the mall so getting lunch wasn't to much of an issue.
Cons
Minimum wages and you can get some ticked off customers who are upset with the company originally
Nice Place to work with lovely incentives
Customer Care Agent Wireless Loyalty Roger's (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSMarch 15, 2016
A typical day at this job would be meeting with my team leader to go over my performance. The management was very friendly. My co-workers were great to work with. The hardest part of the job getting calls from upset customers and not being able to help them after exhausting all the company perameters set for us to use.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to go to work knowing the management was always there to help.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
not enough systems training
Things that make you go hmmmm
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 11, 2016
This place is a joke , the client is a well established company who should have better representation to say the least.
Management is under qualified, HR is phoney, vindictive and judgemental.
People get fired for the smallest things yet others remain employed ( managers ) after serious matters.
Harassment in the workplace policies are presented during your training but then are nothing but words Spoken because they have to be and because they want to present themselves as a " family " as supportive and a team with a safe environment.

I don't know about your family, but in mine we don't invade others personal space commit crime and then shake it off like it nothing, being violated by unwelcomed contact just doesn't happen, and if it ever did with "family " aka workplace it would be very serious and not laughed about.

People get fired for using more the the allotted number of personal days, for having to long of handle time on calls, for jumping queues, but for real reasons that put others safety and comfort at jeopardy nah just let those slide.
Pros
There are some good people
Friendly Environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJune 26, 2016
A typical day at HGS would go, you sing into your computer, take calls for a few hours, go on break/do training, take calls, break again, home time. At HGS I learned a lot about customer service and what it takes to make a customer happy with the services they already had. The co-workers at HGS are all very friendly. The hardest part of the job was being berated by customers, and the most enjoyable part of the job was changing someones attitude from angry to friendly.
Pros
Prizes, lunches
Cons
vulger customers
Hgs
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 8, 2016
The job can be stressful. The pay is low for what is expected of the employees. Paid minimum wage for a job worth around 15$ an hour. You can get any job with the same pay thats a lot easier with only a few days training. For all the month of training and expectations for quality doing calls plus getting yelled at for 9 hours a day, not 8. scheduling is all over the place and inconsistent. 30min lunch which I'm not complaining about its your preference. Only 2 weeks vacation per year, only 3 paid sick days. There are some free lunches occasionally but they're not really free because they deduct a fee from your paycheque every month for events like this event if you don't participate.only thing I can say good about it is the benefits and the people that work there.
benefits
Cons
everything else
Structured High Paced Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSMay 5, 2016
A very structured environment in which you received incoming calls from customers, topics ranging from tech support, billing inquires, to ordering of services. Very individually based work. Management was difficult reach, but floor support was available for the minor issues.
Co-workers often changed due to high turn over rate. Issues included lack of flexibility for transportation needs and difficult work/life balance scheduling system.
Pros
Commission, Benefits
Cons
Lack of flexibility with scheduling, inadequate support for important customer issues issues
cc
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 3, 2016
Mainly the other employees make the job not enjoyable. Management is good, and good hours. Having customers yell at you for 8 hours a day isn't fun, but there are some customers that make it worth it. They say you get air miles and I'm supposed to have received many but have gotten none so far.
productive and educational, as well as informative
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSJune 15, 2016
Each and every day was met with new and interesting views on the companies policies from the customers perspective. Dealing with the different personalities of customers and their understanding of what they were entitled to as compared to what their packages included and how costs were complied was a lesson in patience and education on both parts. For the most part the work was relatively routine and depending on the issues of the day with systems were easy going. There were a multitude of individuals that became friends or passing acquaintances and of course there were conversations of family and comparative issues to deal with, experiences that we could share on how to deal with either customer issues on how to resolve complaints or how to's to deal with situations. Many friends were made of both management and co workers. The instructors for the initial education of systems were friendly and easy to talk to and were willing to help at any time if extra help was needed to understand how to use the many systems used.
The best part of the job was the social events, from family days to planting small flower beds out side the back entrances, bbq's and Christmas parties.
Good Full Time Work, Stressful Environment
Customer Service Representative- FIDO (Current Employee) –  Pembroke, ONJune 15, 2015
To be honest, HGS is not all bad like most would say. It all comes down to your management staff. my experience overall I would say was very positive. met many new friends there and also was able to save up a lot through having full time hours and also cut costs with what is covered under the benefits. if anyone is looking to apply I would recommend it,
Pros
Free lunches, Full Time Hours and Benefits
Cons
Stressful Environment, People skills are an absolute must.
Im in my 2nd week of training, i like it so far everyone is very nice and helpful and it seems like pretty easy work 😀
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 27, 2016
Love this workplace so far it seems like a great family environment to work for 🤗 The pay isn't that great but there is always room to move up within the company.
Pros
Benefits, extra bonuses!
Cons
Pay only minimun wage
Clock-in, clock-out culture
Customer Relations Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 9, 2016
A place that treats you like the replaceable cog that you are. Depending on who you're sitting with and who your manager is, you could have a good time but, more-often than not, everyone just looks uninterested and miserable. People enjoy clocking in knowing they need just a few hours until they can clock out again. I enjoyed talking to the customers though, and you could develop great people skills by using your better judgement.

2.9