HGS Canada Employee Reviews

could be better not horrible
Customer Relations Rep (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON17 January 2018
not horrible just need to learn a better management structure and provide more advancement options without risking negative changes in employees pay rates.
Disappointment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 January 2018
HGS started as a fantastic job. The management seemed to actually care about the employees and were willing to work with them. However, over time, they stopped caring. When approached about health issues, there was always a sense of annoyance from management. The focus shifted from helping the customer first to making more money off the customer.
Hated it
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS1 January 2018
Did not work with me or my family. I have a husband in the military and they would not let me take LOA to see him before he deployed - hated the job!!
Pros
some office parties and theme days
Cons
Long hours, Bad Team leaders, dont worj with yiu for time off just deny it. Wont get muedical leave!
16 January 2018

Hi, thank you for sharing your very valuable feedback. We want to learn more about your experience to improve the HGS experience for all our employees. Please provide further details by connecting with us @ talk2us@teamhgs.com.

Workplace
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 December 2017
I have nothing really nice to say about HGS. This company does not treat their agents with any type of respect. The management does not help and either does HR even if you have documentation for any illness or issues you have.
They do not pay you well enough for your time nor for what you have to do on a daily bases. If you must go to the bathroom do so before you start your shift and do not drink anything while your on your shift because you will be docked pay to use the bathroom there.
The expectations they put on you are way to high for doing the job you do.
Not a great place to work.

nice atmosphere
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kentville, NS4 December 2017
Working for HGS has its ups and downs. My office was great and so were my colleagues but some of the componany schedualing policies were not flexible at all.
16 January 2018

Hi, thank you for sharing your experience at HGS. We're happy to hear that you had a supportive environment at HGS! However, we're concerned by your feedback. We'd like to know more, please get in touch with us @ talk2us@teamhgs.com.

Misleading
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 November 2017
This job was really misleading. It is hard work, and you don't get paid extra for them training you to do extra work. There is absolutely no work/life balance.
16 January 2018

Hi, thanks for your feedback. At HGS, we believe strongly in providing good work-life balance. I'm very sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience. Please provide further details by connecting with us @ talk2us@teamhgs.com.

High Paced
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON22 November 2017
Always Challenging, ever evolving, great culture for employees, strong benefit package, fair pay. Many learning moments, well intentions from management
Pros
good hearted people
Cons
large goals
16 January 2018

Hi, great to see your feedback :) We are glad that you enjoyed learning and growing with HGS. We wish you all the best in your upcoming career.

high pressure
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS20 November 2017
its not bad as a call center but you are always under pressure. Literally no breathing time between calls. Less number of employees compared to number of calls coming in. Management is too strict.
Pros
coworkers are helpful and respectful, good corporate discounts and benefits
Cons
very high pressure, low salary
16 January 2018

Hi, thank you for sharing your very valuable feedback. We want to learn more about your concerns to improve the HGS experience for all our employees. Please provide further details by connecting with us @ talk2us@teamhgs.com.

productive workplace, high workload with poor salary.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON15 November 2017
They were able to work around a school schedule, the pay was poor but picking up shifts was fairly easy. Nice break facility and nice people, lots of days where food was given out.
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
Long hours, high workload, poor salary and pressured to take back to back calls for long periods of time.

Phones are too much
Phone Agent (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON10 November 2017
I am not one to be good with talking and calming someone down. A lot of customers calling in were very aggravated and it was just a stressful environment to me in.
16 January 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We understand that dealing with angry customers sometimes isn't easy. We work with our representatives to develop and offer tactics when it comes to dealing with customers, please see your Team Leader for further insights.

great and fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON10 October 2017
This is a great company to work for aside from the lack of pay raises. The people are great but the callers are usually mean towards the call center reps.
5 December 2017

Hi, we're happy to hear that you enjoyed working with HGS! We wish you all the best in your further endeavors. Have a great career :)

Worst place and people to work with
Customer Support Executive (Current Employee) –  Canada23 September 2017
They don't really care about work life balance.

If you are dependent on the public transport, they will make sure you will be put in a shift when there are no bus services and they will not change the shift.

One of the worst place to work at.
5 December 2017

very few good qualities at this job.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 September 2017
They refuse to work with many people regarding their life requirements. They will work with students but that is the only situation they work with people regarding the schedules. They offer pretty good benefits that is the only reason I stayed this long but the whole moral there is terrible I wouldn't suggest this as a long term position.

Do Not Work Here
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS8 September 2017
Everything negative people say about this place is TRUE. Worst employment experience of my life. All the managers pick favourites and there's no time in between calls to catch a breath.

N/a
Customer Relations Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON29 August 2017
Good benefits and nice people. Another revolving door. They demand so much more for a very miniscule salary. Morale is very low. People stays bec. of their friends, the benefits and there's nothing out there.
5 December 2017

over thee phone customer service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 August 2017
Your on the phones 8.5 hours a day. During that other hour you get 2 paid 15 min breaks and 1 half hour lunch unpaid. During the day you take calls and help customers out that have rogers services or are looking to add rogers services. In my department which was customer care i dealt with home services such as home phone, cable and internet and as well as wireless cellphones. Although the job does get stressful there is always your support managers and team leaders by our side to help you have a better day and just be supportive. But throughout the whole day I would say the most enjoyable part is when i know i helped a customer out with what they needed to do if it was saving some money, going over bill, adding free previews/promos for channels or just adding new services I know i was being helpful and the customers appreciated that.
benefits
Cons
workplace environment
5 December 2017

Hi, thanks for sharing your experience at HGS. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying working with us! A great leader is important for any employee, and we're glad that your supervisors made you comfortable. We would love to learn more about your feedback, kindly connect further with us @ talk2us@teamhgs.com.

Nice place to work friendly people
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dartmouthy Nova Scotia17 August 2017
A typical day at work would be taking call from customers that had issues with billing mostly. I learned to listen careful to the customer needs and offer the best solutions for the customer. Management was very helpful when needed. Most time the work place was a friendly place to work very busy. I don't think there was really anything hard about the job except information changed very often you didn't always get that information on time. I like helping people and making them feel better after they call us and hopefully resulted there issues
Pros
Special days we would get bonus or treats
Cons
If you couldn't get help with a question fast enough
5 December 2017

Hi, thank you for choosing HGS! We are happy that you are enjoying your work in HGS. We always aim to ensure our employees have a great experience and we wish you all the best in your continuing career.

Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pembroke, ON15 August 2017
Fun place to work, great employees and work environment. Employees are treated to Ice Cream Fridays during the summer.
Once a month there is an employee appreciation day.
Pros
free lunches
5 December 2017

Hi, great to hear that you are enjoying working with us! At HGS, we aim to provide a great working environment and reward and recognize our employees for their hard work. Happy to have an employee like you working with us!

Not family friendly, terrible management
Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 August 2017
Part time is not avalable, shifts are all over, they may not to pay you for the days when you we're working even if all the necessary paperwork has been done, even following up with the site magager does help. Some Tls are great some are tiered jerks. Low pay and don't expect increase... Comissions are tiny and you may not get them if you left for LOA. Management threat to fire
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Mental stress, disrespect from management
5 December 2017

while the company itself was ok to work for some of the practices were not family friendly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 August 2017
the schedules were all over the place anywhere from 6 in the am till 2 at night...there was no set schedule ..you never knew from one week to the other what your shifts were going to be so it was very hard to make any appointments
although the company cant help how the customers treated you it wasn't very much fun working and being yelled and sworn at ..pretty much daily
Pros
they did have wifi and a fairly nice lunch room with some good employee recognition incentives
Cons
long hours not a set schedule, not much parking for how many employees
5 December 2017

Hi, thank you for sharing your experience at HGS. People like you have helped to make HGS a fun place to work! At the same time we'd like to know more about your concerns, please get in touch with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HGS Canada. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8