HGS Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

Great benefits, poor communication between employees and management
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONFebruary 25, 2016
The other employees were, for the most part, easy to get along with, and the benefits were a nice bonus.

I found that booking time off was needlessly challenging, and management took far too long to address issues that were brought to their attention. Additionally, you spent a lot of time being yelled at by the clients that called in.
Pros
Full-time hours, benefits, occasional free food during the summer
Cons
Poor communication with management, rude clientèle
Fun work place with lots of benefits and daily rewards for performace
Technical Relations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJanuary 28, 2016
HSG is a good company with solid foundation. The company invest time in training there employees to make sure it is a productive company. Working with friends and co-workers is a pleasure everyday and the most enjoyable aspect of my job is fixing customers issues.
Pros
Benifits, Room to grow, insentives, rewards for good performance
Cons
Long hours, Needs to be flexible
hgs was a very fun opportunity and you could relate to customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ONFebruary 11, 2016
when i worked at hgs everyone was always happy it is a good job to have, but it can be very painfull because of sitting for 9 hours a day everyday the management was very good they where always there to help, the co workers where also good.
what i learned was to help everyone no matter what the situation is
Pros
good pay checks and benifits
Cons
constantly sitting down
Nice Place to work with lovely incentives
Customer Care Agent Wireless Loyalty Roger's (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSMarch 15, 2016
A typical day at this job would be meeting with my team leader to go over my performance. The management was very friendly. My co-workers were great to work with. The hardest part of the job getting calls from upset customers and not being able to help them after exhausting all the company perameters set for us to use.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to go to work knowing the management was always there to help.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
not enough systems training
If you need a steady schedule dont work here
CSR (Former Employee) –  CanadaJanuary 26, 2016
So training is fun and easy to go through. Rules given in training change when you reach the floor. Was promised an accommodated schedule when hired due to pre-existing health conditions and when you reach the floor you don't receive it. HR lies to your face every day and promises the moon and stars. Don't fall for it. I did and I became extremely sick because of it and they didn't even care.
Pros
A job, decent benefits.
Cons
Little pay, lying managers and HR personelle
Enjoyed working with everyone.
Customer Relations Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJanuary 10, 2016
Seemed like all I did was sleep, eat and work.
All staff, including myself, had lots of fun activities they/I could participate in.
Most enjoyable part of job - great trainers and training enviroment. Exceptionally friendly co-workers and management.
Everyone tried to help each other.
Hardest part of job - learning curve in training and on the floor, also seemed like all I did was sleep, eat and work.
Pros
Pizza day.
Cons
Explained rules while training were opposite of rules once on the floor.
people were great, good team spirit
LEAD ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONFebruary 18, 2016
To much favoritism, could not get promoted on merit alone. The job itself was good. Enjoyed the challenges, dealing with the public and the team atmosphere. Whenever changes to the job were implemented, there was never enough notice or information given. The reps relied on themselves a lot as management was not equipped with the answers to questions.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
not enough information given for changes
cc
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 3, 2016
Mainly the other employees make the job not enjoyable. Management is good, and good hours. Having customers yell at you for 8 hours a day isn't fun, but there are some customers that make it worth it. They say you get air miles and I'm supposed to have received many but have gotten none so far.
Hgs
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 8, 2016
The job can be stressful. The pay is low for what is expected of the employees. Paid minimum wage for a job worth around 15$ an hour. You can get any job with the same pay thats a lot easier with only a few days training. For all the month of training and expectations for quality doing calls plus getting yelled at for 9 hours a day, not 8. scheduling is all over the place and inconsistent. 30min lunch which I'm not complaining about its your preference. Only 2 weeks vacation per year, only 3 paid sick days. There are some free lunches occasionally but they're not really free because they deduct a fee from your paycheque every month for events like this event if you don't participate.only thing I can say good about it is the benefits and the people that work there.
benefits
Cons
everything else
Amazing
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montague, PEIOctober 3, 2015
Amazing job just very stressful to some people. Awesome benefits and friendly work environment. During the time I worked there I had witnessed my fathers girlfriend commit suicide. Everyone at HGS was very supportive during this and the company allowed me to go on leave after being there for less then a month. They were extremely understanding and I appreciated everything they've done for me more then anything. They have also given me multiple bonuses during my time there (usually $150-$250) which made working hard at my job more motivating. The way they treat you, the benefits, and how understanding everyone is made my time at this job a great experience. I think anyone who is in need of an easy to do, easy to get job, then they should go to HGS as, yes it is stressful to work at a call centre, but the benefits out way the cons to me.
Structured High Paced Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSMay 5, 2016
A very structured environment in which you received incoming calls from customers, topics ranging from tech support, billing inquires, to ordering of services. Very individually based work. Management was difficult reach, but floor support was available for the minor issues.
Co-workers often changed due to high turn over rate. Issues included lack of flexibility for transportation needs and difficult work/life balance scheduling system.
Pros
Commission, Benefits
Cons
Lack of flexibility with scheduling, inadequate support for important customer issues issues
i like it there
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ONApril 7, 2016
Answering the phone talking about the bills and get a new phone, cable, internet, home phone, greet clients, determined nature and purpose of visit scheduled and confirmed appointments with clients ensured and provided quality service to both internal and external customers, performed other related duties as assigned by management, resolved complains from clients and general public, addressed customers enquiries and assisted them with their purchasing decisions, handled visa and debit payments
Good Temp Job
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONDecember 1, 2015
The 3 weeks of in class training you do accounts for about 10% of the knowledge you NEED to know. After 3 weeks they basically say good luck and throw you onto the phones. If you can stick it out till about 3 months you'll be fine but initial start is why the turn over rate is so high.
Pros
Good benefits and bonuses
Cons
Long days, will switch your break times without knowing.
Continuous Learning is essential to be successful
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONNovember 24, 2015
Great team to work with. Support when needed. Difficult to stay on top of all the changes in technology. Becoming knowledgeable and confident enough to teach others I found, was challenging. I definitely enjoyed the learning environment.
Pros
Employee appreciation days. Lots of perks. Great benefits.
Cons
Issues with scheduling, on the low scale for pay
Clock-in, clock-out culture
Customer Relations Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 9, 2016
A place that treats you like the replaceable cog that you are. Depending on who you're sitting with and who your manager is, you could have a good time but, more-often than not, everyone just looks uninterested and miserable. People enjoy clocking in knowing they need just a few hours until they can clock out again. I enjoyed talking to the customers though, and you could develop great people skills by using your better judgement.
Productive and fun workplace
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONDecember 18, 2015
It was an amazing place to work, with very friendly staff and management. HGS always treated family first and always had something going on for special occasions.
Good Full Time Work, Stressful Environment
Customer Service Representative- FIDO (Current Employee) –  Pembroke, ONJune 15, 2015
To be honest, HGS is not all bad like most would say. It all comes down to your management staff. my experience overall I would say was very positive. met many new friends there and also was able to save up a lot through having full time hours and also cut costs with what is covered under the benefits. if anyone is looking to apply I would recommend it,
Pros
Free lunches, Full Time Hours and Benefits
Cons
Stressful Environment, People skills are an absolute must.
The job itself was fine.
Fido Answers Agent (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ONApril 18, 2016
Management was a mess, you were told to go to someone for help and that person had no idea what you were talking about. HR was impossible to get into, and even when you did get into them, it felt like nothing was being done.

They had some impossible standards that conflicted with the clients standards.
Pros
Amazing benefits, great appreciation days.
Cons
Management was a mess and its already a high stress job
Reliable hours and benefits. Good experience but unable to advance.
Customer Service & Retention Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 30, 2016
Excellent experience gained in customer service and speaking with and deescalating all types of personalities. Extreme multitalking involved.
Pros
overtime available, good team atmosphere
Cons
unorganised company management, technical issues with the computers that were never resolved
Productive, and very professional work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie ONJuly 20, 2015
A typical day at work included answering calls for Rogers customers in the Business wireless department. I took payments, payment arrangements, completed hardware upgrades, made sales, and applied credits to accounts that needed them.
What I learned was how to deal with irate and irrational customers in a calm and collective manor.
The management was fantastic, very professional, and always willing to help employees when they could.
The hardest part of the job was getting used to being yelled at by irate customers every day.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the work environment and my co-workers, it felt like a family and everyone was trying to help everyone else when they could.
Pros
Supportive staff, free events, free lunches
Cons
Not alot of interactions with other departments in the building