HGS Canada Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON4 October 2016
Old computers, outdated software, team leads that micro-manage.
Very high turn over rate.No support from management. Pays minimum wage with no raises ever. Will not be paid if team lead not informed that your computer has crashed, which happens a lot.
Seems like a way to not pay employees. Management needs to know you are still at your desk trying to work. With the level of micro management here, trust me, team leads will be at your desk asking why you're not taking calls. Really cheap company to work for.
Pros
Cons
A lot. Avoid working here.
Excellent Full Time Employment Options
Business Wireless Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 November 2016
I worked at hgs for over a year and I much enjoyed my time there, There benefits program is excellent for full time employment, coworkers were and management were always friendly. If you find you are a people person and have great multitasking skills this job is perfect for you
Structured High Paced Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS5 May 2016
A very structured environment in which you received incoming calls from customers, topics ranging from tech support, billing inquires, to ordering of services. Very individually based work. Management was difficult reach, but floor support was available for the minor issues.
Co-workers often changed due to high turn over rate. Issues included lack of flexibility for transportation needs and difficult work/life balance scheduling system.
Pros
Commission, Benefits
Cons
Lack of flexibility with scheduling, inadequate support for important customer issues issues
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON1 January 2017
The coworkers are amazing, management included. The hours are long. Not much else to say. It is a good job for the correct person.
Pros
Good people
Cons
long hours upset customers
Good Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON26 September 2016
The HR staff are very friendly and helpful, and the trainers are enthusiastic and nice. Co-workers are all good and help you when you are not sure of something. Our first day on the phones, there were so many people to help us, and everyone was very patient. It feels good to help callers resolve issues and to answer their questions. Once a week management brings us free food, and we are always acknowledged when we do a good job. The hardest part of the job is making sure you know where to find all the information at first, but the longer you are there, that becomes easier. Also, if a customer is angry, it's not really fun, but you try to help them out and solve their problems. I would definitely recommend this as a place of work for all ages.
Pros
Awesome Management and Trainers
Cons
Learning Where to Find the Info you Need, Just at First.
Nice employees
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON11 January 2017
Was a very nice place to work at first, after about 6 months the management became very rude, and then started to ignore all the problems that were happen at work. Hardest part would of been when they switched us to another company and they just wanted us to know what to do without any training. Best part about working there would have been the fact that at the beginning they were very nice and understanding about employees needing flexible work hours.
Pros
We could take little breaks at any time we needed
Cons
very poor support when needed
Things that make you go hmmmm
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 June 2016
This place is a joke , the client is a well established company who should have better representation to say the least.
Management is under qualified, HR is phoney, vindictive and judgemental.
People get fired for the smallest things yet others remain employed ( managers ) after serious matters.
Harassment in the workplace policies are presented during your training but then are nothing but words Spoken because they have to be and because they want to present themselves as a " family " as supportive and a team with a safe environment.

I don't know about your family, but in mine we don't invade others personal space commit crime and then shake it off like it nothing, being violated by unwelcomed contact just doesn't happen, and if it ever did with "family " aka workplace it would be very serious and not laughed about.

People get fired for using more the the allotted number of personal days, for having to long of handle time on calls, for jumping queues, but for real reasons that put others safety and comfort at jeopardy nah just let those slide.
Pros
There are some good people
Cons
You do get good benefits, but thats really it.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON29 October 2016
Hgs really is only a job you should go for if you absolutely need a job and have no choice. They pay you just over minimum wage, and you don't ever get any raises.

My first week out of ojt, when I needed help, there was next to no support, and when the support came, they were very rude.
The team leaders were pretty nice because you got to talk to them everyday, but, HR would never respond to your emails, and if you ever saw them on the floor, they told you they were busy and you had to email them.....

Upper management is the worst, they look at you like your just a grunt, and that you're easily replaceable. You get hounded at if your not making the goals they set out, example, call handle time, transfer rate, sales, etc....worst of the bunch is the transfer rate, I was in the cell phone department, and half the calls that come in were for cable or internet, obviously I have to transfer them to the right team so they could get help, hence my higher transfer rate, but management didn't care.

You also get hounded at for schedule compliance. For example, if my 15 break is at 10:30am, I'm supposed to take it at that time, that makes sense, but, if I have a call around 10:20 and it takes me until 10:50, management expects you not to take your break because it's not at the scheduled time, and if you do take your break at 10:50, they get mad at you.

Pay sucks, because it's barely over minimum, and there is never any raises no matter how long you've worked there unless you get promoted, but even that rarely happens.

Only good thing about this place is the benefits,
  more... benefits are pretty good.

Bottom line, pay sucks, management will probably hate you, customers hate you because your the one that answered the phone, next to no support when you need it, systems crash regulary and its somehow your fault, benefits are nice
Pros
Benefits are nice
Cons
No support
Terrible place to work
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON29 April 2016
Worst place I've ever worked. There was no support from management, or supervisors. There was no work/life balance. There wasn't room for advancement. It was just a poor place to work and I will never go back.
Pros
Cons
Working until 1am
Not a great place to work
Customer care (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 December 2016
The management was very poor, everyday was a struggle with trying to get computer problems fixed and having to wait hours for someone to come take a look at the systems to fix them mean while I'm not getting payed if i cant log into the system.
The job itself was fine.
Fido Answers Agent (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON18 April 2016
Management was a mess, you were told to go to someone for help and that person had no idea what you were talking about. HR was impossible to get into, and even when you did get into them, it felt like nothing was being done.

They had some impossible standards that conflicted with the clients standards.
Pros
Amazing benefits, great appreciation days.
Cons
Management was a mess and its already a high stress job
Employee support
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnside, NS23 September 2016
I have benefited from the level of floor (management specifically allocated to aiding/assisting non-management positions), online and immediate access to a capacious repository of information that was continuously maintained, with additional phone support.
Im in my 2nd week of training, i like it so far everyone is very nice and helpful and it seems like pretty easy work 😀
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 August 2016
Love this workplace so far it seems like a great family environment to work for 🤗 The pay isn't that great but there is always room to move up within the company.
Pros
Benefits, extra bonuses!
Cons
Pay only minimun wage
Not Good
Customer Service Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS29 August 2016
I prefer not to say because the experience is not good.I do not want to talk about it as the experience was eye opening-no regard for personal matter-

cheap to pay employees yet makes great demand for awful
wages and inhumane treatment
Pros
medical benefits
Cons
horrible tratment
Great benefits, poor communication between employees and management
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON25 February 2016
The other employees were, for the most part, easy to get along with, and the benefits were a nice bonus.

I found that booking time off was needlessly challenging, and management took far too long to address issues that were brought to their attention. Additionally, you spent a lot of time being yelled at by the clients that called in.
Pros
Full-time hours, benefits, occasional free food during the summer
Cons
Poor communication with management, rude clientèle
Hgs
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 April 2016
The job can be stressful. The pay is low for what is expected of the employees. Paid minimum wage for a job worth around 15$ an hour. You can get any job with the same pay thats a lot easier with only a few days training. For all the month of training and expectations for quality doing calls plus getting yelled at for 9 hours a day, not 8. scheduling is all over the place and inconsistent. 30min lunch which I'm not complaining about its your preference. Only 2 weeks vacation per year, only 3 paid sick days. There are some free lunches occasionally but they're not really free because they deduct a fee from your paycheque every month for events like this event if you don't participate.only thing I can say good about it is the benefits and the people that work there.
benefits
Cons
everything else
productive and educational, as well as informative
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS15 June 2016
Each and every day was met with new and interesting views on the companies policies from the customers perspective. Dealing with the different personalities of customers and their understanding of what they were entitled to as compared to what their packages included and how costs were complied was a lesson in patience and education on both parts. For the most part the work was relatively routine and depending on the issues of the day with systems were easy going. There were a multitude of individuals that became friends or passing acquaintances and of course there were conversations of family and comparative issues to deal with, experiences that we could share on how to deal with either customer issues on how to resolve complaints or how to's to deal with situations. Many friends were made of both management and co workers. The instructors for the initial education of systems were friendly and easy to talk to and were willing to help at any time if extra help was needed to understand how to use the many systems used.
The best part of the job was the social events, from family days to planting small flower beds out side the back entrances, bbq's and Christmas parties.
expect lots, give little
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON20 July 2016
they expect you to do the work of 3 people with a smile and when you need help, you dont get it, or if your longer in the washroom then they expect they give you a "NC/NS"
Pros
sometimes feed you free food
Cons
long hours and hard being sworn at 9 hours a day
Nice Place to work with lovely incentives
Customer Care Agent Wireless Loyalty Roger's (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS15 March 2016
A typical day at this job would be meeting with my team leader to go over my performance. The management was very friendly. My co-workers were great to work with. The hardest part of the job getting calls from upset customers and not being able to help them after exhausting all the company perameters set for us to use.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to go to work knowing the management was always there to help.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
not enough systems training
Not to bad of a work place, just doesn't have Solid shifts
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 August 2016
I would start the day by signing into my systems on a computer in which I would start to take calls, i would have my schedule on the computer and had to sign out for each of my breaks including lunch. I learned how to deal with customers and de-escalate a situation before it gets out of hand.
Pros
Attached to the mall so getting lunch wasn't to much of an issue.
Cons
Minimum wages and you can get some ticked off customers who are upset with the company originally

2.9