HGS Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Hate it
Customer Service (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJanuary 31, 2016
Not enough consistency and not willing to allow people to grow into other positions or with the economy.
When not remaining consistent within the work environment the job outlines are constantly having vast changes. For example being pushed for sales and to meet a quota when the position that people are hired for is Customer Service.
Fun work place with lots of benefits and daily rewards for performace
Technical Relations Analyst (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: Benifits, Room to grow, insentives, rewards for good performance
Cons: Long hours, Needs to be flexible
HSG is a good company with solid foundation. The company invest time in training there employees to make sure it is a productive company. Working with friends and co-workers is a pleasure everyday and the most enjoyable aspect of my job is fixing customers issues.
horrible
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: they give you a chair to sit
Cons: in humain
This company uses harmful training techniques including psychological hypnosis to train their employees.They let people go with no warning. Traumatising environment.
If you need a steady schedule dont work here
CSR (Former Employee), CanadaJanuary 26, 2016
Pros: A job, decent benefits.
Cons: Little pay, lying managers and HR personelle
So training is fun and easy to go through. Rules given in training change when you reach the floor. Was promised an accommodated schedule when hired due to pre-existing health conditions and when you reach the floor you don't receive it. HR lies to your face every day and promises the moon and stars. Don't fall for it. I did and I became extremely sick because of it and they didn't even care.
Enjoyed working with everyone.
Customer Relations Associate (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJanuary 10, 2016
Pros: Pizza day.
Cons: Explained rules while training were opposite of rules once on the floor.
Seemed like all I did was sleep, eat and work.
All staff, including myself, had lots of fun activities they/I could participate in.
Most enjoyable part of job - great trainers and training enviroment. Exceptionally friendly co-workers and management.
Everyone tried to help each other.
Hardest part of job - learning curve in training and on the floor, also seemed like all I did was sleep, eat and work.
Unproductive but happy environment
Customer service Rep bilingual (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 3, 2016
Pros: Laid back environment
Cons: Things are very unorganized
A typical day at work would be entering the building, signing into systems that you must use and starting your day. It consists of aiding customers with customer service inquiries and going above and beyond your ability while you get yelled at on the phone by people who aren't pleased. It is a good environment for people who do not take things personally, and who can handle the stress.
Productive and fun workplace
customer service representative (Former Employee), Belleville, ONDecember 18, 2015
It was an amazing place to work, with very friendly staff and management. HGS always treated family first and always had something going on for special occasions.
Good Temp Job
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Barrie, ONDecember 1, 2015
Pros: Good benefits and bonuses
Cons: Long days, will switch your break times without knowing.
The 3 weeks of in class training you do accounts for about 10% of the knowledge you NEED to know. After 3 weeks they basically say good luck and throw you onto the phones. If you can stick it out till about 3 months you'll be fine but initial start is why the turn over rate is so high.
Continuous Learning is essential to be successful
Trainer (Former Employee), Barrie, ONNovember 24, 2015
Pros: Employee appreciation days. Lots of perks. Great benefits.
Cons: Issues with scheduling, on the low scale for pay
Great team to work with. Support when needed. Difficult to stay on top of all the changes in technology. Becoming knowledgeable and confident enough to teach others I found, was challenging. I definitely enjoyed the learning environment.
productive
customer service (Current Employee), Timmins, ONNovember 3, 2015
HGS Canada was a very productive place to work, you took many calls and it always had to be on time. You always helped people also which was good.
They were dishonest about perks
Customer service/support (Former Employee), Barrie, ONOctober 25, 2015
Pros: Better than nothing
Cons: Minimum wage, undelivered commssions, bonuses and incentives
I was ok with the minimum pay, since there were incentives and bonuses discussed in the interview, that I figured would help make this job deliver more.

The problem is - they do not follow up. They were always several months behind in paying commissions or bonuses, and if you were on leave or had enough (it is not a fun job) and applied elsewhere, they would not give you the incentives promised.

In other words, the minimum wage for a stressful job? That is ALL your are going to get. Don't say you weren't warned.
Overall good place to work for
Sales/Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Barrie, ONOctober 22, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: Call centre
HGS is a call centre and it is all the same stuff. I enjoyed working there just simply because of the people. We were like one big family.
I ran into a situation a while back where I became homeless and missed a lot of time off work. I was also involved in an accident where I injured my knee. They were completely supportive and always there for me. They genuinely care about their employees. I miss working there only because of the people. I had left because I moved.
Steady job
Small Business Wireless Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Barrie, ONOctober 11, 2015
Pros: lots of incentives
busy, fun, fast paced and sometimes stressful. Great staff that make it enjoyable to go to work. Lots of added incentives that make the job really worth it
Amazing
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Montague, PEIOctober 3, 2015
Amazing job just very stressful to some people. Awesome benefits and friendly work environment. During the time I worked there I had witnessed my fathers girlfriend commit suicide. Everyone at HGS was very supportive during this and the company allowed me to go on leave after being there for less then a month. They were extremely understanding and I appreciated everything they've done for me more then anything. They have also given me multiple bonuses during my time there (usually $150-$250) which made working hard at my job more motivating. The way they treat you, the benefits, and how understanding everyone is made my time at this job a great experience. I think anyone who is in need of an easy to do, easy to get job, then they should go to HGS as, yes it is stressful to work at a call centre, but the benefits out way the cons to me.
great co-workers
Lead associate for business wireless dept (Current Employee), Barrie, ONSeptember 21, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: management
Management at this company is very lazy and only promote who they want not who is best for the job. Job can be very rewarding but can also be very stressful.
Dealing with a variety of people. Must have patience, and empathy.
Stressfull job but good people
Fido Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pembroke, ONSeptember 7, 2015
All management and HR at the location I worked at where very supportive and friendly and they had to be because the job it's self was absolutely terrible, customer service where you where guaranteed to be yelled at in one out of five calls and metrics that where almost impossible to meet. If you have a thick skin an little faith in humanity it's a job for you otherwise steer clear.
Call Center
Care Loyalty Agent (Current Employee), Barrie, OntarioAugust 12, 2015
Very busy, fast paced, Scheduling was horrible, managment did not care with assisting in situations, Interaction with customers the whole time.
Call Centre
Customer Relations Agent (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Company BBQs, Fruit Wednesday and lot of people (clients) to talk with. Co Workers are great support
Cons: Absentee Management, Scheduling Requirements not Honored
The co-workers were the best part about this job and made it bearable. A typical day was I'd come in a half hour early to get my station set up and logged in, made sure there weren't any systems down. I'd go to the bathroom and get settled in for a day of incoming calls. The people were always a surprise, as you never knew who would be calling in, or what they'd say to you. Some were worse than others, and having a customer who doesn't or won't understand an explanation for their problem was probably the second hardest part of the job. The first hardest would be the absentee management and the heavy use of a scorecard to determine almost everything, from shifts given and if scheduling would be honored or not.

They do not tell you this in the training, and the systems used to train the workers are horrifically outdated compared to what they are expected to use on the main floor.

During my time at HGS Canada, I learned a lot about both myself and my fellow agents. It helped me develop a thicker skin and work effectively while under pressure. It also taught me how to multi-task a lot more efficiently, as I had to constantly be making notes on a client's account while talking to them and managing different open windows on the computer screen. The best part though, was that it taught me how to think on my feet and to do so accurately. It was a real sink or swim environment and it is not for everyone, but I feel that those who go in and can make it past the first few weeks out of training, will come out with the ability to project confidence to another, even if they aren't – more... really all that certain of themselves. – less
RUN THIS PLACE IS HORRIBLE
CRA (Former Employee), Windsor ONAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Meetings, Adhoc
Cons: Pay, Management, Schedule, Lies
Horrible company to work for the management is horrible with an exception of a few. The pay is brutal for back to back calls all day, you will be cross trained to work 3 different departments with no pay increase and to top it all your schedule is against every HGS which means you will never get a good shift and you possibly could be put on reduced hours. This company will promise you the world and deliver you herpes.... Stay away, go to Sutherland because compared to here that place was amazing.
Not sorry to "escape" from there
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSJuly 31, 2015
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: everything else
Tipical third party call centre. Really bad, confused management. Co-workers have been nice, but overall atmosphere of pressure does not make it nice place to work at.