HGS Canada Employee Reviews

Nice people
Exclusive Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 June 2017
Working here was nice as long as you got a long with the other people working there. The pay they provide for the work done is laughably insufficient. Raises never happened unless the minimum wage went up. If you work here, and prove that you are exceptional through your work and display of knowledge, they will still promote someone else who "did better" in the interview. The benefits package is nice, if you can handle terrible hours at a low pay rate.
Good for transition phase
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON19 June 2017
Easy going job and friendly work culture and staff, bad timing, weekend working, but alternatie weekend off for split shift workers, , good benefits for full and part time
fast paced enviroment
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON12 June 2017
Great place to work at if you like a fast paced environment.

Great perks, helpful and they explain when you need it.
The only hard part of the job is when you really can't help a customer that is in real need. Other than that great place to work at
Not Recommended
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS31 May 2017
Management is disorganized. HR is unavailable or just brushes you off. Employees are rude.

Typical day is chaos. HGS needs to have some integrity.
What I liked about the job
Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kentville, NS31 May 2017
Enjoyed the job and loved the people I worked with. From the theme days to the days of getting to leave early if it's available, the job is perfect for anyone.
Pros
Theme days
Cons
Fast paced job
its a call centre lol
Customer Service Representative (Cable) (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS29 May 2017
Great team atmosphere if you work hard easy to move up, easy to transfer locations, great benefits, But you got to be able to handle the irate customers.
Was a wonderful work environment
ODSP Looking for work to supplement my income (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2017
Wow i loved working for this company
People where nice and there was alot of competition. glad they are making me blabberon in this box. may be the reason i quit. things like this are JUST NOT COOL
Greta atmosphere if you're into motivating people.
LEAD ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Coldbrook, NS29 April 2017
From day one I bonded with the people I worked with right away, we all worked as a team and we're able to bounce ideas off of each other -- a very nurturing environment.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Deadlines.
Very Fast Unreliable Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON21 April 2017
Worked 6 months at HGS. Enjoyed the atmosphere at first but the shifts were unreliable. Constantly changing and unwilling to work with your schedule. Team Leader team was unsupportive. They train you to do your job but it is contradicted in almost every instant. Reliable hours and a great place for over time. Not for the faint of heart.
Fun Place to work !!!
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON19 April 2017
3 Years at HGS went by very quick. Very cooperative staff, I learnt a lot at HGS in my 3 year of tenure. Company is very good at recognizing your talent. I was promoted within first 6 months of my tenure.
Great Place to Meet People, Downside is Work Environment is Unhealthy
Workforce Analyst (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON14 April 2017
HGS hires many people in and around the community of North Bay. It's a great place to meet people, make new friends, and partake in all kinds of discussions while improving your communications abilities through your daily work. The downside of HGS is that there are very few windows in the building, employees are seated under fluorescent lighting and not moving around much throughout the day, air quality is not ideal, the company serves highly processed and unhealthy food on a regular basis, the company bans a variety of healthy foods such as fruits, nuts, seeds, and herbal teas to cater to the alleged allergies of one or two employees.
Pros
Good place to meet people and interact
Cons
Unhealthy work environment, no care for health of employees, banning of healthy foods, mandatory life insurance policy
Great coworkers and Team Leader support
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON11 April 2017
My coworkers were fantastic to work with, very supportive and helpful.
Our Team Leader were always very helpful and willing to help.
A learning experience, learned a lot about myself.
Was able to speak with people from anywhere in Canada
Interesting job opportunity
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Constantly sitting
Productive workplace
Full time customer relations associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 April 2017
With this job, we would answer phone calls, and assist customers with all cable/internet related needs. We would not only meet but exceed the customers expectations
Benefits
Cons
Long days
Great place to learn new skills
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montague, PE2 April 2017
I learned how to deal with many different people and multitask. This job taught me a lot about being efficient and getting the job done while also making sure the customer was happy.
Its a productiuve workplace with a lot of things to learn
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS21 March 2017
It's a good work place with lots of new things to learn. Many challenges and rules to follow. Above all, its an exciting place to learn in a call centre and gives you opportunities to improve your customer service skills.
Great environment, Good people
Internet Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 March 2017
Friendly work environment, with supportive management helping you to reach your full potential. Was able to learn about computer software and virus protection as well as email security
Pros
BBQ Fridays
Cons
fixing servers
Work in Progess
CSR (Current Employee) –  Ontario19 March 2017
I have worked for HGS since almost day one. The job is quite easy, aside from the verbal abuse you receive from customers. The benefits package is probably one of my favorite job perks.

Agents tend to become a family on the floor, and they all help your shift to go by.

My biggest complaint would be the severe lack of communication from upper management down to the bottom.
Pros
Two breaks and a Lunch, "family oriented", benefits package.
Cons
Long hours, average pay, lack of communication
If you know your stuff, you will like this job
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON19 March 2017
I loved this job, I worked my way in less then 4 months from working late late nights to the day shifts that I wanted. I earned bonuses and joined commintees, I studied the new things as they came out so I knew what I was talking about when I had someone on the phone, and I really did enjoy this position.
Detrimental to your health
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON11 March 2017
This place is beyond terrible. Not nearly enough training for the number of products you have to sell. If you don't understand what you do learn in the little amount of training you receive for each new line of products, too bad, because no one will help you.

When you ask for help, you are either ignored or belittled for needing assistance. During my time of employment, management kept adding on other dept that we would have to represent, but there were never any pay increases. The only way you got any "bonuses" would be to have a perfect score card.

TL's, HR and other management would basically ignore your questions and concerns unless you were part of the "clique" that would bow to everything management said.

Schedules are very difficult to change if you have an appointment or some emergency comes up. Management claims that schedules can be flexible, however, this is not the case. 3 sick days per year is ridiculous, and if you dare call in sick, be prepared to be grilled by your TL when you get back to work.

Only those who are in the above mentioned "clique" are recognized when they get sales. My sales were average, and some days during "competitions" for sales, I would get a fair number of sales. Everyone else would be commended, but not the employees who weren't in the "in crowd". I refuse to grovel to management just to get a pat on the back.

This job eventually got the best of me and I was forced to leave due to my health. I would not recommend this place of employment to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Long hours for little pay, very hostile work environment
A typical day
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burnside, NS8 March 2017
The hours were horrible. Either was working late into the night or early mornings. Managers, had no sympathy for people who had children and would often not care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HGS Canada. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9