Heroux Devtek is seeking an individual interested in joining the Kitchener team as a Packaging Clerk. This is a permanent, full time position with potential for shift rotation and overtime opportunity as available.
Reporting to the Production Control Supervisor, the incumbent will be responsible for:
- Packs finished unfinished product for shipping to vendors or customers in a safe and efficient manner to specifications in order to ensure no damage to the product may occur during transportation.
- Determining which parts need more protection – crates for larger parts, cardboard boxes for smaller parts.
- Utilizing the foam machine, paper, bubble wrap and wooden crates or cardboard boxes as required and determined by self.
- Uses cranes, hoists, skids, forklift and pallet trucks to move product around.
- Attends daily production control start up meetings.
- Acts as a back up for other members of the Production Control Team.
- Applies and complies with TDG, CT-PAT, ITAR and designated substance use policies and requirements.
- Adheres at all times to company policies, procedures and health and safety requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Grade 12 education/completion. 1-2 year’s experience in a shipping/receiving environment in a manufacturing facility. Familiarity with shipping/receiving protocols an asset.
Ability to pack product for shipping in a safe and efficient manner to specifications in order to ensure no damage to the product may occur during transportation.
Ability to use forklift, pallet trucks, cranes, instapak foaming machine and parts washer in a safe and efficient manner, using all the required PPE.