Herman's Supply Company Employee Reviews

There is a feeling of pride to work for a growing company over the past decade in the face of tough ecconomic times.
Inside Account Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON11 September 2017
I have worked for Herman's for the past 12+ years and enjoy the ability to come home to my family every week night and to enjoy "Sunday's" off for personal / family time. Herman's allows me the opportunity to work with and serve the local roofing companies / businesses as well as the home owners in a 'Customer Service" capacity. I am impressed with the company's commitment to improve service as that is our strength in the face of stiff competition. The rest of Herman's team is also committed to working at the best pace with positive results. We may not be perfect but we will always strive for perfection. My job satisfaction comes from making our customers happy by handling their concerns, orders and projects with care and accuracy. I will continue to work at honoring the company motto "Helping our Customers Win!" every day.
Pros
Working close to home and steady days
Cons
Long hours and no vacation time during the summer
Do Not apply, Beware of what your getting into
other (Former Employee) –  other15 August 2017
look at the other reviews and see what your getting yourself into. What company has 39 job postings, a company that goes through a lot of employees. This company has extreme turnover rate, treat you like a no body and won't listen to nay thoughts. Whether your a driver, roof loader, supervisor, or sales personnel. The just care about them selves. All positive reviews are from head office (St.Catherines) beware and stay away.
Pros
Non
Cons
management does not respect you
Great place to come everyday
Warehouse Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON4 August 2017
I work in the Oakville location and enjoy coming into work everyday, The management team here has treated me very well and I just got promoted within the building. There is a very strong team atmosphere here and everyone gets along well.
Pros
good pay, great people in oakville
Cons
working every other saturday
Solid Company
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  London, ON3 August 2017
Have worked for Herman's for almost 3 years as a delivery driver. The job is not for someone who just wants to sit behind the wheel all day. It's physical but keeps me in shape.

Management can be demanding but fair, and the guys are great to work with.
Pros
Straight day shifts, no weekends, home every night for dinner, . Paid direct deposit every 2 weeks, never any hassles about my hours and pay.
Cons
It's physical work, and some days can be long. Potential layoffs for some for a month or two in the winter.
Employee
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Unkown27 July 2017
Because the company can't find and or keep good employees, they overwork and overload the ones they have. Uppermanagemt has no idea or no care what employees on the front lines are doing on a daily basis. This causes pressure on all employees to do more and quicker. They are demanding $35 an hour worth of work for $17.
Tools needed to complete the job correctly are not provided like, gloves, work boots, forklifts, hammers, harnesses, and trucks that are safe to be on the road.
They say good benifits, but don't tell you it's after a year! They say good pay, but don't tell you that a 50 hour work week is the norm! And they also don't mention that half the work force gets laid off every November!
Probably all reasons I'm looking hard for a new job!
Pros
pay check is there every Monday, made some life long friends
Cons
Overworked, Underpaid, bad management team
Beware!!!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON10 July 2017
Was a former employee and do your research. Their is a reason why they are hiring for so many positions as they use you and get rid of you. Take these reviews into consideration, Been down this path with this company.....STAY AWAY!!!!
Pros
Cons
micro managing, Management
Know what you're getting yourself into
Labour Worker (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON23 May 2017
Don't be fooled by the reviews that were obviously posted by management.
They post the same job openings every spring bc they hire for the busy season, and fire when things slow down. It makes sense for them to do that, but they aren't up front about their intentions. They clearly take advantage of what little of a job market we have in this region.
Take the job if you need something for the summer, but don't be fooled by thinking there's more to this company
Pros
You'll get a good tan
Cons
They will lie to your face
Good work environment with lots of room to grow
Legal Counsel (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON23 May 2017
I have been working at Herman's for almost a year and I've thoroughly enjoyed working here. As I transitioned from private practice to in house counsel I was not sure what to expect but I have been pleasantly surprised.

The company is very forward thinking and the use of technology is refreshing.

There is also a large team atmosphere which is great for a company of this size. The staff are friendly and welcoming, making me feel comfortable upon arriving.
Pros
technologically forward
Forward thinking, rewarding environment!
Marketing (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON15 May 2017
I have been working at Herman's for almost 2 years now. I think it's a great working environment and they are really into innovation and thinking outside the box. I enjoy working with HSC and look forward to going into work every week.
Lots of Room for Advancement
Management/Supervision (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON15 May 2017
Herman's has been a great opportunity to learn a lot, work hard, and grow.

The job can be very demanding, physically, or mentally, but I came in one position, worked hard, and grew into other positions. Let you manager know that you want to grow and do more, take it upon yourself to learn more about the industry, and you can go far.
Pros
Benefits after 3 months, room for growth, technologically advanced.
Great work environment!
Happy Worker (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON28 March 2017
I enjoy coming into work every day! I have great co-workers and the work day goes by really quick. Leave your work at work and enjoy work life balance!
Pros
work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Herman's Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7