Heritage Park

Heritage Park Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very social place
Sales person (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 24, 2015
Working in the retail section of the park is very busy during season and requires a very social and outgoing personality. It also requires someone who is able to problem solve on their own, as your coworkers will be very busy as well.
It's a very fun environment to work in, where the hardest part of the job is being so social at times, but this is also the fun part of the job. You constantly engage with new people and you constantly learn about the old buildings that you work in.
Fun and enjoyable
Lead Hand/Custodial and Events Setup (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 28, 2014
Great people , always very busy and lots to do and learn. Was able to become a leader and show my talents as well as supervise trainees.
Great seasonal job with perks, but no benefits and terrible upper management
Bartend, Serve, Liaison (Current Employee), Calgary ABApril 4, 2014
Pros: gourmet dinners every shift, sometimes free stuff, meet local celebs and politicians.
Cons: in the off-season there is virtually no work.
Banquets usually have more year-round work which can pay well. When it pays. Upper management are destroying the park's potential, with the exception of the president. She works hard and is very friendly and well-spoken. Otherwise you see some cool things, for instance we host the prime minister annually. There are a number of venues on the 125 acres which keep it interesting.
Productive and fast pace enviroment
Prep Cook (Current Employee), Calgary AlbertaFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: free park pass, 15% off retail and free lunches
Cons: long hours, slow in the off season
Duties-prepare sandwiches, wraps, salads, fruit platters, vegetable platters, food safety and hygene certificate is required. Experiance in a kitchen enviroment is an asset. lots of different areas to work in such as the banquets kitchen to a food venue in the village. The people i work with are nice and respectful and fun to work with. the best part of this job is the people i work with and the customers i serve.
Heratige Park
labour (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCNovember 12, 2013
Pros: free benifits reasonable pay
Cons: did not last temporary
I liked this job its a job I took on short notice. I ended up staying with the company and doing a veriety of jobs setting up for auctions and business show setup. I had fun met good people I also helped work for the PBR bullriding exhibtion which was fun had free pass and admition to dance.
Fun environment helping everyone
BANQUET OPERATOR (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 6, 2013
We had to dress up and kick er old school which was in the most intriuging. Showed everyone the importance of history.
Fun and great to meet new people
Volunteer, Special events and off-site promotions (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 21, 2013
Pros: free entry to special events when staffing heritage park booth
Cons: sometimes long hours standing in "grandma" boots in gravel or uneven ground
Volunteer work

Did mostly off-site and/or special events. Set up booth with promotional materials, explained background of Heritage Park, dressed in period clothing provided by Heritage Park. Met a lot of nice people. It was fun and very interesting.
This place is run by bunch of amateurs
Manager (Former Employee), Selkirk GrillMarch 14, 2013
Cons: management, co-workers, culture and values ............
I have worked for the Heritage Park for 1 year and I do not have a single good thing to say about this place. I will just leave it at that.
Fun workplace, good people, nice work
Food and customer service (Current Employee), Calgary, AlbertaJanuary 17, 2013
Heritage park is a great place to work. It is unique in the way you can dress up and step back into the 1920's every day. You get to deal with customers a lot which I enjoy and the people you work with are always nice. You are kept busy with your work but your tasks aren't overly difficult.
High energy
Hostess, Server, Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 16, 2012
Pros: lunch
Cons: no break for management
Heritage Park is a high energy work environment. Great customers on a regular basis and always a different challenge