Heritage Park Employee Reviews in Canada

Amazing place to work
Banquet Chef (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 25, 2015
Lovely place, management was always kind, and understanding. I am returning back to work there after my two years abroad.
Im a volunteer
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 13, 2015
I volunteer there alot over the past year. It is a good way to give back to the community, it is a way for me to spend time with others .
Fun and enjoyable
Lead Hand/Custodial and Events Setup (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 28, 2014
Great people , always very busy and lots to do and learn. Was able to become a leader and show my talents as well as supervise trainees.
Great seasonal job with perks, but no benefits and terrible upper management
Bartend, Serve, Liaison (Current Employee) –  Calgary ABApril 4, 2014
Banquets usually have more year-round work which can pay well. When it pays. Upper management are destroying the park's potential, with the exception of the president. She works hard and is very friendly and well-spoken. Otherwise you see some cool things, for instance we host the prime minister annually. There are a number of venues on the 125 acres which keep it interesting.
Pros
gourmet dinners every shift, sometimes free stuff, meet local celebs and politicians.
Cons
in the off-season there is virtually no work.
Productive and fast pace enviroment
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Calgary AlbertaFebruary 13, 2014
Duties-prepare sandwiches, wraps, salads, fruit platters, vegetable platters, food safety and hygene certificate is required. Experiance in a kitchen enviroment is an asset. lots of different areas to work in such as the banquets kitchen to a food venue in the village. The people i work with are nice and respectful and fun to work with. the best part of this job is the people i work with and the customers i serve.
Pros
free park pass, 15% off retail and free lunches
Cons
long hours, slow in the off season
Heratige Park
labour (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCNovember 12, 2013
I liked this job its a job I took on short notice. I ended up staying with the company and doing a veriety of jobs setting up for auctions and business show setup. I had fun met good people I also helped work for the PBR bullriding exhibtion which was fun had free pass and admition to dance.
Pros
free benifits reasonable pay
Cons
did not last temporary
Fun environment helping everyone
BANQUET OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 6, 2013
We had to dress up and kick er old school which was in the most intriuging. Showed everyone the importance of history.
Fun and great to meet new people
Volunteer, Special events and off-site promotions (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 21, 2013
Volunteer work

Did mostly off-site and/or special events. Set up booth with promotional materials, explained background of Heritage Park, dressed in period clothing provided by Heritage Park. Met a lot of nice people. It was fun and very interesting.
Pros
free entry to special events when staffing heritage park booth
Cons
sometimes long hours standing in "grandma" boots in gravel or uneven ground
This place is run by bunch of amateurs
Manager (Former Employee) –  Selkirk GrillMarch 14, 2013
I have worked for the Heritage Park for 1 year and I do not have a single good thing to say about this place. I will just leave it at that.
Cons
management, co-workers, culture and values ............
Fun workplace, good people, nice work
Food and customer service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaJanuary 17, 2013
Heritage park is a great place to work. It is unique in the way you can dress up and step back into the 1920's every day. You get to deal with customers a lot which I enjoy and the people you work with are always nice. You are kept busy with your work but your tasks aren't overly difficult.
High energy
Hostess, Server, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 16, 2012
Heritage Park is a high energy work environment. Great customers on a regular basis and always a different challenge
Pros
lunch
Cons
no break for management