We seek an experienced professional to work in our bakery on a full-time, year-round basis, with the proven ability to consistently produce quality products using traditional baking techniques. This is a salaried position with excellent benefits & pension plan, perfect if you’re looking for a professional & fun work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently prepares all bakery products needed for daily operation of the Alberta Bakery and for catered events as required, ensuring established methods of preparation are followed
- Under the direction of the Head Baker, assumes responsibility for the operation of the Bakery during her/his absence
- Maintains all working equipment and storage areas in an organized and sanitary fashion
- Completion of High School plus Alberta Journeyman Baker Certification and a minimum of 2 years job related experience with at least 1 year in Bakery environment (or an equivalent combination)
- Ability to work independently, have good knowledge of Bakery procedures and equipment operation; superb organizational, communication and supervisory skills
- Must be able to work under heavy work load at times; non-standard hours - very early mornings often required