We have a full time Service Consultant position available for an individual with a great personality, who loves working as a part of a team and wants to have fun while they work. We are seeking a fellow teammate with pride, organizational skills, the ability to multi-task and a passion for the Harley-Davidson® brand. We inspire and fulfill dreams around the world through Harley-Davidson® Motorcycling and you can be a part of it.
Heritage Harley-Davidson offers competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, and other employee incentives.
Accepts customer motorcycles, diagnoses problems and service needs, up-sells product where reasonable, schedules work, and communicates job status to customers.
In addition, assists Service Department Manager in maintaining a smooth running and efficient service department with a high degree of customer satisfaction.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Service Department Operations:
- Perform a visual walk-around inspection to diagnose customer concerns accurately and clearly describe them on a work order. Obtain customer signature to authorize completion of the repairs.
- Schedule all internal and external Repair Orders following established procedures.
- Promptly input Repair Orders into Dealer Management System ensuring customer information is accurate and complete.
- Diagnose problems accurately, and clearly describe them on the repair order.
- Estimate costs and completion times at point of sale. Clearly communicate them to customer.
- Assign jobs to technicians based on skill level and current resource utilization.
- Review work-in-progress to ensure quality and timeliness.
- Determine correct part numbers on Repair Orders and assist the Parts Department with picking and posting of parts on all Repair Orders.
- Assist in preparation of Warranty Claims, Recalls for submission to Harley-Davidson Motor Company and Extended Warranty Companies.
- Check all customer motorcycles for pending Warranty recalls.
- Prepare and ship requested returns to Harley-Davidson Motor Company as required.
- Perform Point of Sale functions, as needed.
- Make estimates for internal and wreck repairs.
- Open & close all customer paid, warranty, and internal Repair Orders.
- Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for service and parts management.
- Responsible for following Harley-Davidson Motor Company Warranty Certification guidelines.
- Read, understand and follow all safety requirements related to position and tasks performed.
2) Customer Service:
- Provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Promptly notify customers of any changes, delays, or additional work needed.
- Sell additional services by pointing out service specials or additional work needed.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
- Give special attention to repeat repairs to ensure the situation is corrected.
- Avoid making commitments which are not (or likely will not) be met. Set customers’ expectations to a level where they will likely be met.
- Assist in maintaining a Service Follow Up program.
Qualifications & Job Requirements:
- Outgoing, friendly personality with superior customer service and communication skills.
- Computer knowledge a must with an average typing speed of 35 WPM.
- Ability to get along with a broad customer base.
- Knowledge and experience with servicing Harley-Davidson/Buell motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Experience with Point-of-Sale and Parts and Service management computer software or the ability to quickly learn due to general knowledge and experience with computers.
- Current, valid motorcycle license and graduate of a rider safety class an asset.
How to Apply: Résumés may be submitted by email or in person to:
1616 Calgary Trail SW
Edmonton, AB T6W 1A1
**south of Ellerslie Road right behind the southbound lanes of QE2