About the Company:
Heritage Education Funds Inc. is one of Canada’s leading providers of fixed income RESPs (Registered Education Savings Plans) and is the distributor of the Heritage and Impression Plans. Heritage’s objective is to encourage parents, grandparents and other interested adults to save for a child’s post-secondary education through a planned education savings program.
Assisting Families save for their children’s post-secondary education for almost 50 years; Heritage Education Funds strives to provide prospective clients the information they need about the growing cost of post-secondary education.
Heritage Education Funds is seeking a part-time unpaid Social Media and Communication Intern, for a minimum of 4 months. Our ideal candidate will be savvy in social media and bring fresh ideas and strategies to build our social media presence. The position will cover; writing, editing, online publishing, PR, online marketing, SEO, social media, online contests and trend research. They will work closely with the Director of Marketing and the Marketing team in enhancing the social media strategies. These skills are heavily sought after by employers who are desperately trying to understand the online media space.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Act as the subject matter expert in social media platforms such as: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Create and maintain content on all social media platforms with goals to increase visibility and traffic
- Use social media management tools to create and execute posts relating to the brands' products, contests, industry news and events
- Manage all online inquiries and respond to consumer complaints and comments in a professional manner that represents the client's brand
- Identify, interpret, & capitalize on social media tools, & applications to expand our social media performance, by staying informed on social media technologies and make recommendations on how the brand can leverage them
- Establish creative ideas to engage effectively with target audiences by recommending improvements and establish best practices for social marketing initiatives and the overall consumer experience to increase conversations and consumer engagement.
Who we are looking for
- Enrolled in University or College degree in Online Marketing/Digital Marketing & Social Media
- Some experience in a managing corporate social media platforms
- Excellent technical skills, illustrating professional expertise with social media technologies and advanced knowledge of tools like forums, blogs, social networks and media
- Ability to meet deadlines and support and work with a team
- Ability to work independently and display professional attitude and ethics
What we are offering
- Ability to build portfolio with on the job experience
- Flexible work schedule, and ability to work from home
- Mentoring and guidance in working within a Marketing department
- Recommendation letter and reference upon completion of internship
- Excellent written and verbal skills, detail orientated
- Able to work well both independently and in a group environment
- Must be deadline-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Must be proficient with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, as well as, Microsoft Word and Excel. Adobe Photoshop experience is also valued but not mandatory
- Must be an enthusiastic self starter
How to Apply
If you are interested in the opportunity to develop your professional profile, please send your resume accompanied by a short letter, describing your interest in this position by April 15, 2013. Only those who qualify will be contacted.
Indeed - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Heritage Education Funds Inc. is one of Canada’s leading providers of fixed income RESPs (Registered Education Savings Plans) and is...