Excellence in all we do * Leadership * Integrity * Accountability * Health, Safety & Environment * Our People
Spartan Industrial Marine has been Canada’s largest manufacturer and supplier of commercial fishing, marine safety and industrial products and services for over 45 years. Spartan, one of the Hercules Group of Companies, offers a wide range of solutions to those with commercial and recreational marine interests.
The Hercules Group of Companies spans across several different companies/brands with a combined total of 400 employees. As we continue to grow our purpose is to attract the best people, to cultivate them through training, and to unleash their capabilities. Having the best people is the key to providing exceptional service and solutions to our customers. Our passion for what we do has made us the leader in our industry.
We are currently seeking a Warehouse Associate to join our Charlottetown team.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Receive incoming product and allocate to designated area as per branch standards.
- Prepare, package and schedule outgoing shipments with transport companies, ensuring all required paperwork is completed prior to shipping.
- Obtain rate quotes and spot quotes for shipments.
- Track shipments as required.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to quality work and ensure safety procedures are maintained to Hercules SLR securing, lifting and rigging standards.
- Available for overtime, including evenings, weekends, as required due to the nature of the securing, lifting and rigging industry.
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized workplace, which may include some general labour and equipment/small tools maintenance duties.
- Set goals and participate in the growth of Hercules SLR by contributing new ideas and suggestions for continuing improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned including backup to other departments as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Able to effectively communicate in English (orally and written).
- Previous warehouse experience required.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- First Aid training is an asset.
- WHMIS training completion.
- Basic computer skills required.
- General mechanical proficiency.
- Completed forklift operator safety training.
Post High school education preferred (must possess basic reading, writing and math skills). Must hold a valid driver’s license and be insurable.
To apply for this position in confidence, please contact:
Gilbert Walters, General Manager
We thank all applicants in advance, and will be contacting those applicants selected for further consideration.