Henry Schein Employee Reviews

Good Company
Space Planner and Designer (Former Employee) –  Concord, ONFebruary 22, 2016
Met some great people and learned a lot from my experience there. Most of my co-workers were great to work with and allowed me to learn a lot while I was working there. Had to leave due to family emergency.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Had too many projects at one time
Outstanding
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 12, 2015
I learned to build strong leadership skills and learned all aspects of the operations in a short period of time. I learned to pick and pack, service forklifts, cycle counts, done putaways, and sweeps. Upon hiring me, in a short period of time, we achieved same day receiving, same day delivery, and same day putaways at 100.00% accuracy. Chairman Stan Bergman flew to Calgary to do a presentation about the corporation.
Pros
Fun place to work at
Cons
Management politics
Tough but rewarding
Territory Sales manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 1, 2015
I was on the road 95% of the time during my tenure, but it was always a pleasant atmosphere at the office whenever I was there I worked completely un-supervised, therefore I only dealt with management once a year ( budget forecast). Co-workers were very respectful . Most enjoyable part of the job-Making the big sale !
Pros
monthly meetings, lunch provided and comraderie
Cons
very long hours, as in 24/7. extremely demanding clientele
Excellent Corporation to Work For
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 21, 2014
I mainly operated forklifts to perform picking and packing, replenishments, cycle counts, and sweeps with the RF gun. Fun and exciting atmosphere. Co-workers are great - they hired good character people who cares about their job. I learned practically all operational procedures. The most enjoyable part of the job is putting my mind into my job duties to achieve 100% accuracy!

The only problem is management: Manager doesn't effectively supervise the Supervisor, who is incompetent, fails to help out operation when needed, and doesn't understand the operation.
Pros
fun people to interact with
Cons
beware of supervisor
Short-Term contract Position
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONJune 17, 2013
I was hired by a placement agency to assist the Expeditor while he trained for another position. I found the employees to be very friendly and assisting when needed. Typical day was to look over the outstanding orders and follow up with suppliers. Then I had to update that information in the system. Extremely repetitive. Unfortunately, I had to leave before the contract end as I was in my early stages of pregnancy and was having some difficulties. Overall, I did enjoy my short stay there....regardless of how mind-numbingly boring the job was. LOL I wish I was given more responsibility but I understand that my position was only suppose to be a temp so... Who knows?
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
job was incredibly repetitive that i had to do
lost of work
Customer Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 4, 2014
Good company, lots of work, long hours and good people
overall a good company.

If you don't mind working hard
warehouse
operations support (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONAugust 18, 2014
management was not very nice to work for
schedule was terrible