Henry Schein Employee Reviews

Outstanding
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 August 2015
I learned to build strong leadership skills and learned all aspects of the operations in a short period of time. I learned to pick and pack, service forklifts, cycle counts, done putaways, and sweeps. Upon hiring me, in a short period of time, we achieved same day receiving, same day delivery, and same day putaways at 100.00% accuracy. Chairman Stan Bergman flew to Calgary to do a presentation about the corporation.
Pros
Fun place to work at
Cons
Management politics
Amazing work environment!
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON9 April 2016
My experience working for Henry Schein was the best I've ever had. The people were amazing to work with. If you ever needed help all you had to do was ask and someone would be there for you.
Good Company
Space Planner and Designer (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON22 February 2016
Met some great people and learned a lot from my experience there. Most of my co-workers were great to work with and allowed me to learn a lot while I was working there. Had to leave due to family emergency.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Had too many projects at one time
Tough but rewarding
Territory Sales manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 February 2015
I was on the road 95% of the time during my tenure, but it was always a pleasant atmosphere at the office whenever I was there I worked completely un-supervised, therefore I only dealt with management once a year ( budget forecast). Co-workers were very respectful . Most enjoyable part of the job-Making the big sale !
Pros
monthly meetings, lunch provided and comraderie
Cons
very long hours, as in 24/7. extremely demanding clientele
Clean and safe work environment
Customer Returns Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Niagara on the Lake, ON12 July 2015
Henry Schein provided a great work environment with plenty off opportunities for professional development. Management provided many perks to keep employees productive.
Excellent Corporation to Work For
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 October 2014
I mainly operated forklifts to perform picking and packing, replenishments, cycle counts, and sweeps with the RF gun. Fun and exciting atmosphere. Co-workers are great - they hired good character people who cares about their job. I learned practically all operational procedures. The most enjoyable part of the job is putting my mind into my job duties to achieve 100% accuracy!

The only problem is management: Manager doesn't effectively supervise the Supervisor, who is incompetent, fails to help out operation when needed, and doesn't understand the operation.
Pros
Fun people to interact with
Cons
Beware of Supervisor
Great Company
Head Shipper/CSR/Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 July 2014
At time of start of career there was the ability to grow with company. Management and fellow employees were fantastic.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
being laidoff
Short-Term contract Position
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON17 June 2013
I was hired by a placement agency to assist the Expeditor while he trained for another position. I found the employees to be very friendly and assisting when needed. Typical day was to look over the outstanding orders and follow up with suppliers. Then I had to update that information in the system. Extremely repetitive. Unfortunately, I had to leave before the contract end as I was in my early stages of pregnancy and was having some difficulties. Overall, I did enjoy my short stay there....regardless of how mind-numbingly boring the job was. LOL I wish I was given more responsibility but I understand that my position was only suppose to be a temp so... Who knows?
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Job was incredibly repetitive that I had to do
I enjoyed working at Henry Schein, iI love the people that I worked with. I loved my job and love working with my clients.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON18 November 2013
Vist my customers to discuss their purchases for the week, show them what is new and what we were promoting for the month. pick up any returns and discuss future business. I did not work in the office I was on the road a lot. I love my customers and I feel very good when I could help solve their problems. The hardest part of the job is I could visit them and they would not buy anything for that day.
Pros
Workrd my own hours
Cons
Lots of driving
lost of work
Customer Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2014
Good company, lots of work, long hours and good people
overall a good company.

If you don't mind working hard
warehouse
operations support (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON18 August 2014
management was not very nice to work for
schedule was terrible
always cutting hours
Environnement de travail bien
Réceptionniste (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 July 2016
La communication à être améliorer et trop de chefs en poste.
Pros
Avantages sociaux
Cons
Mauvaise gestion