We are currently seeking a career-minded, self-motivated and technically skilled person to join our busy, collaborative design team in Pickering. We are considering applications from individuals with career goals who are seeking a long-term position. Technical design and documentation/production activities are the central role of this position. This position is highly demanding in terms of drafting experience, problem-solving skills and personally motivated and self-directed learning.
Candidates will have the following minimum qualifications:
- MUST be a graduate of a landscape design program. Some previous work experience in a landscape-oriented company is desirable.
- MUST be proficient in AutoCAD, Sketchup and MS office programs. Additional experience in InDesign/Photoshop, Thea Render or other related design office software is desirable.
- MUST have an eagerness to learn and improve skills in a self-directed fashion. You must be able to meet tight deadlines.
- MUST have a working knowledge of plant materials.
- MUST be able and willing to assist with conceptual design, preparing and drafting plans, presentation drawings, tender packages and cost estimates.
- MUST be a team-oriented worker.
Applicants should send a cover letter, resume and portfolio of work.
The successful candidate must be motivated to learn various design software used by the firm and our office system computer management protocol. Remuneration will commensurate with experience and productivity.
Henry Kortekaas Associates Inc. is an award-winning, well-established and expanding Landscape Architectural firm located next to the Millennium Beach Park in Pickering in the Frenchman’s Bay Nautical Village, 1.5 km south of the Pickering GO station. We have recently celebrated 31 years in business.
Please visit our website at www.hkla.ca for additional information on the firm and typical projects.
Henry Kortekaas Associates Inc. is a well-established and expanding Landscape Architectural firm located next to the Millennium Beach Park...