Henry's Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
No room for advancement
Logistics Specialist / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 October 2016
No room for advancement based on performance. No support from higher level management/supervisors. Was not made to feel like a valued member of staff by management even after many years of service.
plese see resume
Senior Sales Associate/ Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2016
resonable company to work for, fair with staff, learned leadership skills, management skills, and how to lead people, enjoyed teaching others, and helping to resolve service issues.
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
declining industry
Excellent service and enjoyable work environment
Retail Associate/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 January 2016
I am a student majoring in Digital Photography/Video Production so Henrys was a good opportunity for me to learn about the new technology about cameras, and network with clients. A typical day at work would be pricing products, handling customers with orders, and taking/making calls. I learned a lot about the business of photography, the technology and how to market yourself. The Henrys team was amazing, each and every one of them were professional photographers so they taught me a lot about the business, and how to be a successful photographer.
Pros
Fun environment, amazing gear, hard working staff
Cons
Long hours, can often be very slow
Great Place to Work!
Creative Director (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2015
Developed marketing strategy and re-branded the ‘Henry’s story’ via social, e-comm, merchandising and print media. Maintained consistency of vision and unified story telling strategies across multiple platforms. Transitioned Henry’s marketing to include digital media and helped create e-comm strategy
Fast paced, collaborative, multiple responsibilites
National Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2014
Henry's is a fast-paced, agile company where major decisions can change your project list. As a small company you have the opportunity to be responsible for a number of varying projects under your job title and the chance to make an immediate impact on day to day business with your decisions.
Henry's & My Experience of Working there
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON22 January 2014
In a typical day at Henry's, I usually start out by helping any customers who come to the store when we first open and find out if they're buying anything, need assistance, advice, or just wanting to try out any equipment on the shelves. After that, I usually help with the delivery. I would sort through the bins, price items, check if things are on sale, and place them accordingly. If there were any customer orders that came in, I'd put them aside & call them. Once that is done the day usually picks up, then I'm back and forth answering phone calls, helping customers, and using the computers to check prices, research, fill back orders, stay up to date with anything photographic related, and checking prices of other competitors.

Since beginning work at Henry's, I've learned how to talk to customers better, enhance my confidence, fine-tune my customer service skills, widen my photo & video knowledge, deal with stressful situations more assertively, and have fun working with the other staff.

The one thing I love about my job is being able to play with any of the high-tech & high-priced photo & video items.
Pros
Try out & play with tons of expensive photographic & video equipment
Cons
Customers fluctuate throughout the months, so there may be time where you won't sell as much