Henry's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Place to Work!
Creative Director (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 20, 2015
Developed marketing strategy and re-branded the ‘Henry’s story’ via social, e-comm, merchandising and print media. Maintained consistency of vision and unified story telling strategies across multiple platforms. Transitioned Henry’s marketing to include digital media and helped create e-comm strategy
Fast paced, collaborative, multiple responsibilites
National Merchandising Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 30, 2014
Henry's is a fast-paced, agile company where major decisions can change your project list. As a small company you have the opportunity to be responsible for a number of varying projects under your job title and the chance to make an immediate impact on day to day business with your decisions.
Henry's & My Experience of Working there
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: try out & play with tons of expensive photographic & video equipment
Cons: customers fluctuate throughout the months, so there may be time where you won't sell as much
In a typical day at Henry's, I usually start out by helping any customers who come to the store when we first open and find out if they're buying anything, need assistance, advice, or just wanting to try out any equipment on the shelves. After that, I usually help with the delivery. I would sort through the bins, price items, check if things are on sale, and place them accordingly. If there were any customer orders that came in, I'd put them aside & call them. Once that is done the day usually picks up, then I'm back and forth answering phone calls, helping customers, and using the computers to check prices, research, fill back orders, stay up to date with anything photographic related, and checking prices of other competitors.

Since beginning work at Henry's, I've learned how to talk to customers better, enhance my confidence, fine-tune my customer service skills, widen my photo & video knowledge, deal with stressful situations more assertively, and have fun working with the other staff.

The one thing I love about my job is being able to play with any of the high-tech & high-priced photo & video items.