LOOKING FOR A TALENTED INDIVIDUAL TO JOIN OUR TEAM
Henriquez Partners Architects is a well-established dynamic firm dedicated to making meaningful contributions to our communities by creating sustainable, conceptually unique, memorable buildings of lasting quality. We have an immediate opening for the position of Intermediate/Senior Graphic Designer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from all qualified candidates.
The ideal candidate should be someone who eats, sleeps and breathes design excellence. You will have at least 5 years experience creating visual solutions for both print and digital communications. Your portfolio will include a range of designs that demonstrate creativity, technical skill, and a strong understanding of business and marketing needs. In this role, you will bring original creative ideas to the team as well as a desire to learn from the Communications Department and senior Architects and continually advance both creatively and technically. You will be responsible for leading the creative graphic conceptualization, design, production and coordination of a variety of marketing materials. Assignments may include: translating complex concepts and data into visually compelling and easy to understand presentation graphics, designing proposal and case study layouts, book design for our published works, and designing branded reports, promotional material, direct mail pieces, tradeshow booths, posters and web content. In addition, your role will require you to help periodically with project research and administrative duties (e.g. managing archive of previous communications pieces and image library).
- Collaborate with the Communications Department and project architects to ensure designs are consistent with the Henriquez brand and effectively communicate desired messages
- Consistently create high-quality, well thought out and designed materials for both internal and external purposes
- Develop original ideas and creative solutions to solve visual design challenges
- Clearly communicate design concepts to the team and incorporate design feedback
- Take minutes of meetings, filing, general office organization
- Work within project schedules and deadlines
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Experience with and understanding of branding and the role graphic design plays in bringing brands and ideas to life
- Formal education in new media or traditional design
- Proven experience with Photoshop, InDesign, & Illustrator – applicants must be highly knowledgeable and efficient with design software
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Able to work independently under the direction of the Director of Marketing & Business Development, effectively managing timelines and multiple assignments and priorities in a fast-paced office setting
- Strong knowledge of pre-press and preparing files for print
- Comfortable working in Wordpress
Please submit cover letter, resume and portfolio (print and digital design) to:
Henriquez Partners Architects
402 West Pender Street
Vancouver, BC, V6B 1T6
Attn: Kaya Wiggens
Director, Marketing and Business Development
No phone calls please. Only qualified individuals should reply.