“Henka,” which means change in Japanese is where the name for our convertible fashion and accessories company is derived. At Henkaa, everything changes and our flagship product is the innovative Sakura convertible dress, which is essentially one dress that can transform into infinite styles. The mission at Henkaa is to be a canvas that empowers women of all shapes, sizes, and walks of life to do more with less, to reuse and repurpose, to innovate, to educate, to share, to create opportunity, to grow, and to inspire us and each other. The Henkaa brand was started locally in Toronto, we proudly manufacture domestically in Canada and our sales have grown exponentially on a global scale.
Are you a motivated individual who is interested in being a Social Media/Content & Creative Marketing Volunteer. If so, you may be who we're looking for! We are looking for motivated, flexible and driven individuals who can embrace our dynamic culture and are eager to be a part of something really big.
This is a fantastic opportunity to apply knowledge acquired in the classroom to real-world situations, as well as gain the skills and experience that are necessary to prepare the candidate for a successful career in the creative field. Check us out at www.henkaa.com!
The successful candidate will assist with the day-to-day groundwork that goes into marketing. Work closely with our Marketing team assisting and participating in all areas of the marketing process from development of content and searching for marketing opportunities to color correcting and organizing marketing collaterals.
responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collect, archive and organize digital media in a range of libraries
- Assist in color correction with our product images
- Assist with the design/execution of promotional pieces such as website/online banners and in-store signage
- Work with stakeholders from multiple departments to produce creative collateral
- Assist with market research, search for marketing opportunities online (blogger and photographer outreach)
- Contributing to product brainstorming sessions
- Develop a strong understanding of company’s products, services and branding
- Assist in updating and maintaining Henkaa’s website and use social media management tools to create and execute posts relating to Henkaa’s products, contests, events, etc on external sites, including social media networks (e.g. Twitter, Facebook)
- Schedule posts using social media tools while keeping a consistent brand voice
- Assisting in creating new video content, such as tutorials
Working at Henkaa will provide the selected candidate with a first-eye view and real-life experience in a true technology start-up environment. Our company is growing at a rapid pace and we are look for talented individuals who are motivated and excited to grow with us. Students will work closely with and be mentored by the Marketing team, while learning about and developing a creative process and building a diverse and effective portfolio.
Expected learning experience:
- Acclimating to the business environment and attaining real world experience.
- Exposure to full marketing mix and related tools/programs to support professional development
- Learning about customer relationship management
- One on one mentoring from Henkaa’s marketing team.
does this sound like you?
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary program preferably in a related field (e.g., Marketing, Graphic Design, Communications, or Public Relations)
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Docs.
- Proficient with the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign,)
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the new media and social media space
- Self-starter; able to work well without constant direction in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Friendly and a team player
- Experience on both Mac and PC environments
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Compensation - unpaid
how to apply
At Henkaa, we are constantly changing and adapting as we continually strive to make our company better and to provide a great, challenging and creative experience for our employees. If you believe you would be a great fit in our growing company and would thrive in this role, then we want to hear from you!
Please include a resume, cover letter and your portfolio (digital) with your application.
We thank all candidates for applying, but only short listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Henkaa!