“Henka,” which means change in Japanese is where the name for our convertible fashion and accessories company is derived. At Henkaa, everything changes and our flagship product is the innovative Sakura convertible dress, which is essentially one dress that can transform into infinite styles. The mission at Henkaa is to be a canvas that empowers women of all shapes, sizes, and walks of life to do more with less, to reuse and repurpose, to innovate, to educate, to share, to create opportunity, to grow, and to inspire us and each other. The Henkaa brand was started locally in Toronto, we proudly manufacture domestically in Canada and our sales have grown exponentially on a global scale.
We are currently looking for motivated individuals who are interested in completing a photography internship during the Winter 2013 term. This is a fantastic opportunity for those looking to gain hands on experience in the fashion industry. Check us out at www.henkaa.com!
Kindly note that this is an unpaid internship in exchange for school credit (if applicable) and we will ensure that the experience will be rewarding. The intern will be assisting and participating in marketing and creative design.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with organizing & arrangement of photo and video shoots
- Shoot photos for social media feeds & marketing
- Compile photos from all sources and manage photo library, including storage, collection, tagging data & inventory
- Support with editing photos (resizing, retouching, color correction, labeling, watermarks) for website
- Support marketing team with various administrative tasks
does this sound like you?
- Must have keen fashion sense/interest and details for photography
- Adobe Photoshop and Adobe software knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Word and Excel), Google apps, email, internet research, social media
- Effective time management, organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable
- Friendly and a team player
Candidates must be available at least two days per week for an 8 – 16 week duration.
how to apply
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Links to examples of your work/portfolio also recommended. We thank all candidates for applying, but only short listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Henkaa!